Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted EmptyYesterday at 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

+78
Buster121
DynamoJohn
Incognitopad
gg4545
2young2retire
SonofOdin
Mickael
Abyad
Brabus
Smurfy
hairderp
Golden_Shower
nzbalda
Organism
calvicie
beharat
radiance
chubbfrank
RPM
alphadelta
NYJets
sanderson
Hali-L
playmaker
Joey Ramone
rob PHH
Hairy
Pumbaa
dudebro
ElmoSuper8
vg
fghjfghj
rayl
sdguy
proscar3
ANewHope
Younganddetermined
JDawg
schpiloch123
NDW
Keanoseg
Slimnuts
Joakim
egghead
TNT
unfortunate
MrGalea
bov51
hairhat
Biffy
deleteme
stresssucks
CaptainGiggles
Dannyboy
rofl
sizzlinghairs
OpenBook
RAptor
Xenon
demgains77
Odysseus
drex1999
xyro
bananasinpajamas
Growdamnit
Duketronix
hairyshowers
Jay07
mvkishoresr
BelieveInIt
berti
mistermr
theseeker86
hiilikeyourbeard
Complexx
nicks
Hairy Potter
whodathunkit
82 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted Empty Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  whodathunkit Sat May 17, 2014 3:39 am

I've been doing the DT pinching type massage for about a week and a half. I started Maliniak type massaging and VR a couple weeks before that.

My hair is starting to look and feel better again. It's a subtle change and doesn't have to do with any increase in growth...it's more how my hair acts and feels.

This positive change after three weeks or so of doing manuals is consistent with my previous experience. IMO it speaks to the validity of manual methods in aiding circulation and helping nutrients get to the scalp, if nothing else.

The downside is that right now I'm washing my hair every day because it gets oily from the scalp pinching. Plus my fingers are really, really sore, especially after the most distal knuckle joints. Hands are tired. But I'll keep with it.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  Hairy Potter Sat May 17, 2014 5:41 am

helpmyhair1 wrote:I'm about 4 days in now. Some observations:

- First time I did it, I shed a ton of hair! Now, I still shed hair, but not nearly as much as the first time.
- First couple times doing it, my hair became very greasy. Now this doesn't happen when I do it.
- The middle of my scalp is very very tight and parts of it I can't even pinch, not even with two hands. not sure what do to with that.
- When doing the pressing, there are certain parts of my scalp that are really sore and I feel a pain when pressing into it. Also there are a couple spots that are not just sore, but when I press on it hard, I feel a headache kind of pai. I actually end up with a headache sometimes after completing the therapy.

If some veteran DTers can speak to some of my points, I would appreciate it. thanks

@helpmyhair - yes, as to the first two points, nothing unusual there - carry on. Third point: there will be parts of your scalp that are more tight than others, work on those more. Now the fourth point interests me because I've experienced similar. In fact, just yesterday I also had a blinding headache which I'm sure was due to heavy pressing - that's not the first time either.

You might want to listen to your body and ease off a bit. If some part of your scalp is super painful, back off a bit and come back to it at a later stage. I don't know what could be causing the headaches, but maybe someone with more knowledge of the nerves etc of the scalp can comment ...

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  whodathunkit Sat May 17, 2014 8:59 am

helpmyhair1: I can't pinch much either. But my scalp is slowly getting a bit looser over time.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Sat May 17, 2014 9:00 am

BTW, does anyone know what happened to the guy who loosened his scalp so much he said it was causing wrinkles on his face, like his skin was sliding off his skull? Was that Slow Moe?

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  nicks Sat May 17, 2014 10:58 am

whodathunkit wrote:BTW, does anyone know what happened to the guy who loosened his scalp so much he said it was causing wrinkles on his face, like his skin was sliding off his skull?   Was that Slow Moe?

jesus christ... if thats true then i might consider abandoning ship

nicks

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Sat May 17, 2014 12:48 pm

nicks wrote:
whodathunkit wrote:BTW, does anyone know what happened to the guy who loosened his scalp so much he said it was causing wrinkles on his face, like his skin was sliding off his skull?   Was that Slow Moe?

Yea good idea man...  It's worth losing your hair by NOT loosening your abnormally tight scalp rather than loosening it up and doing some facial exercises in conjunction with some good essential oil to easily prevent what whodat is talking about...

Last edited by Complexx on Sat May 17, 2014 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Sat May 17, 2014 12:50 pm

Btw, I've never seen such a post from slowmoe, whodat. Mind linking us to that post

I would love to see some of this person's pics along with some info on how old this person is.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  nicks Sat May 17, 2014 1:29 pm

Complexx wrote:
nicks wrote:

Yea good idea man...  It's worth losing your hair by NOT loosening your abnormally tight scalp rather than loosening it up and doing some facial exercises in conjunction with some good essential oil to easily prevent what whodat is talking about...

I press my scalp so hard with my fingertips I get scared that im going to pop something in and have a con-caved scalp. I feel like im doing this blind so I dont even know if there are any risks

nicks

Back to top Go down

Post  hiilikeyourbeard Sat May 17, 2014 2:31 pm

there's definitely no risks to your hair anyway. scalp i doubt as well i don't see what you could do. you're not gonna crush your skull bone itself so no lol.

you guys need to just basically get to know your body and then your scalp. we can all kick this things ass you just really have to almost kinda hang out with your scalp and love it and give it what it needs and your hair will grow back.
hiilikeyourbeard
hiilikeyourbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Sat May 17, 2014 2:52 pm

That's a scary thought.

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  mistermr Sat May 17, 2014 5:24 pm

I believe that was user sanderson. It was a collagen thing. I think he's fine now.

mistermr

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Sat May 17, 2014 11:28 pm

mistermr wrote:

I believe that was user sanderson. It was a collagen thing. I think he's fine now.

Sanderson huh? I saw a pic of him pinching the top of his scalp and I've never seen anything like that in my life.... It was incredibly loose. Glad he's okay now.

I'm curious as to whether he experienced this issue before or after he started doing facial exercises? I think I remember him saying that the facial exercises helped him look better.

Anyways, where you at Big Sanderson? It's been a while bro... How have you been?
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Sun May 18, 2014 12:44 am

mistermr wrote:

Thanks, mrmr.   It sounds like Complexx has already seen the pic/thread he was asking me to find a link to, so I think we found our guy.

Sanderson's around...was just talking to him in another thread.  Hopefully he'll chime in.  Although as I recall, it scared him pretty bad.  He may not be doing detumescence any more or even paying attention to this thread.

Anyway...I don't think anyone doing this pinching massage or even the strap has anything to worry about as long as they use these methods in a reasonable manner.  If I recall correctly, sanderson was being *very* aggressive with both massage and strap.  Too much of anything is not good and will cause problems in the long term, even if a little of the same thing is very good.

Also to consider is that skin is very resilient.  It would make sense to me that someone who had a loose skin problem a couple of months ago would no longer have the problem now, as mrmr said.  Unless we are very old and very unhealthy, skin can spring back from all kinds of abuse.  This is why many fat people are able to lose a lot of weight but their skin still springs back into place.  Older fat people have more of a problem with loose skin, because they lose collagen/elasticity as they age, but young ones can lose 100 pounds or more with no real skin problems, especially if they don't rush the process by losing a lot of weight over a very short period of time.

Last edited by whodathunkit on Sun May 18, 2014 1:34 am; edited 4 times in total

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Sun May 18, 2014 12:52 am

Also, I needled my scalp for the first time last night. Holy crap. It HURT. Anyone who needles/dermarolls with 1.0mm or 1.5 mm more than once per week has either the highest tolerance for pain that's possible to humans, or they're a masochist. Jeez.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  berti Sun May 18, 2014 1:16 am

I've been doing the DT massage for around 4 1/2 months now and have lost more than I've gained so far so would disagree that it's completely risk free. I have diffuse thinning with the thinnest area at the front center. The coverage I had was great until recently and I had my hair loss completely under control but then I had some amalgam fillings removed earlier this year and experienced a massive shed. I had it back under control again and improving but hoping to get back to where I was before removing the amalgams I decided to start this method. I do have what started out as peach fuzz under my existing hair which has developed into cm long vellus hairs coming through all over the hairline and thinning frontal area so I'm semi-confident I might get it all back but at the moment it's looking the worst it ever has.
Just thought I'd share my experiences.

Berti

berti

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Sun May 18, 2014 1:33 am

doing this you will lose ALL weak hair in the process, they just get ripped out during the massage.

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  mvkishoresr Sun May 18, 2014 3:59 am

Hi guys..  Smile 

Came across this 3 weeks back..Started a week back..
After going through all the pages, I decided to give it a try..

Bought some castor oil..
Got all the existing hair trimmed out - felt it would be easy to do it on a bald head..
I am a 26-year old male with NW-2..
Hair loss (MPB) might have started 3-4 years back..No idea exactly, it is going at a slow pace but consistent..

On the first day, all I tried to do was use the fingers to press down on the scalp..After pressing down tightly, I slowly wiggled it around..
Did for about 15 minutes or so..
After some time, it felt bruised and a little painful..It was painful on the fingers as well, but more on the head..
No major release of gunk/oil/sebum or anything..
Fingers got slightly oily, but easily washable..

At night, I applied castor oil and massaged for 10 mins (on both head and my face)..
Washed it off the next morning without using any soap/shampoo..Used a toothbrush to rub vigorously so that the castor oil is removed..
Yes, castor oil stays overnight..

I dont think I am losing much hair due to this, but I am not sure as I trimmed out my hair and its hard to observe hairfall in very short hair..

1) Noticed small red patches/bumps/pimples the next evening..
They are not uniform or all over the head..Random and mostly in the places where I massaged..
Is that normal ?

2) Whenever I press with fingers, I could feel that the skin on head was going down slightly as if there's a solid under the skin that can be moved fluidly..
After a minute or two, it vanishes and the skin back to normal..
Is this normal ?

3) After 4 days (pressing and massaging with castor oil daily - at night - once), I have noticed that the solid/fluid level has gone down and under the skin, its very hard - I can feel a prominent ridge in the center of my head - and its so hard that it feels like it might be the skull, but the shape of the skull cant be that way - so I am not sure if its the skull..Can anyone chip in and give opinions on it ?
By constant pressing, will that hard substance go away ?
Is that the main goal ?

4) On Days 1 and 2, I felt more pain than other days..
After Day 2, even the bumps/pimples disappeared and not much bumps/patches now..
Is that normal or does it mean that I am going slow and need to apply more pressure ?

5) Is it better that I keep trimming my hair and keep it to a minimum (looks like bald essentially), or does it not matter if I have some over my head ?

6) In all the finger pressing, I did not feel too much pain in fingers..
Does it infer that I have to go stronger ?
Cuz many people are finding it hard to press and their fingers hurting, while mine are not much hurting..

7) As NW-2, the hair is lesser at my temples, and I pressed more on it..
I got light headache unlike the bruised scalp..2 or 3 members also said this..
Are most people getting this ?

Response would be much appreciated, and I am sure this will also help the other starters clear if they got the same doubts..

Keep rocking guys..

mvkishoresr

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Sun May 18, 2014 6:27 am

mvkishoresr wrote:Hi guys..    Smile 

Came across this 3 weeks back..Started a week back..
After going through all the pages, I decided to give it a try..

Bought some castor oil..
Got all the existing hair trimmed out - felt it would be easy to do it on a bald head..
I am a 26-year old male with NW-2..
Hair loss (MPB) might have started 3-4 years back..No idea exactly, it is going at a slow pace but consistent..

On the first day, all I tried to do was use the fingers to press down on the scalp..After pressing down tightly, I slowly wiggled it around..
Did for about 15 minutes or so..
After some time, it felt bruised and a little painful..It was painful on the fingers as well, but more on the head..
No major release of gunk/oil/sebum or anything..
Fingers got slightly oily, but easily washable..

At night, I applied castor oil and massaged for 10 mins (on both head and my face)..
Washed it off the next morning without using any soap/shampoo..Used a toothbrush to rub vigorously so that the castor oil is removed..
Yes, castor oil stays overnight..

I dont think I am losing much hair due to this, but I am not sure as I trimmed out my hair and its hard to observe hairfall in very short hair..

1) Noticed small red patches/bumps/pimples the next evening..
They are not uniform or all over the head..Random and mostly in the places where I massaged..
Is that normal ?

2) Whenever I press with fingers, I could feel that the skin on head was going down slightly as if there's a solid under the skin that can be moved fluidly..
After a minute or two, it vanishes and the skin back to normal..
Is this normal ?

3) After 4 days (pressing and massaging with castor oil daily - at night - once), I have noticed that the solid/fluid level has gone down and under the skin, its very hard - I can feel a prominent ridge in the center of my head - and its so hard that it feels like it might be the skull, but the shape of the skull cant be that way - so I am not sure if its the skull..Can anyone chip in and give opinions on it ?
Is that the main goal ?

4) On Days 1 and 2, I felt more pain than other days..
After Day 2, even the bumps/pimples disappeared and not much bumps/patches now..
Is that normal or does it mean that I am going slow and need to apply more pressure ?

5) Is it better that I keep trimming my hair and keep it to a minimum (looks like bald essentially), or does it not matter if I have some over my head ?

6) In all the finger pressing, I did not feel too much pain in fingers..
Does it infer that I have to go stronger ?
Cuz many people are finding it hard to press and their fingers hurting, while mine are not much hurting..

7) As NW-2, the hair is lesser at my temples, and I pressed more on it..
I got light headache unlike the bruised scalp..2 or 3 members also said this..
Are most people getting this ?

Response would be much appreciated, and I am sure this will also help the other starters clear if they got the same doubts..

Keep rocking guys..

adressing point 5)

i think it is better to keep the hair long enough to be able to put some pull on the follicle. hair tugging and brushing is beneficial for it's resistance and strength.
plus it is easier for your scalp to maintain a natural flora if its surface is protected by hair.

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay07 Sun May 18, 2014 10:01 pm

I also feel that I have lost some coverage hair on my temples, probably the weak hairs. Been doing it for 2 1/2 months

Jay07

Back to top Go down

Post  hairyshowers Sun May 18, 2014 11:33 pm

mvkishoresr wrote:
Is that the main goal ?
Just to keep this thread clean - https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t10094-detumesance-therapy-and-scalp-ridge.
hairyshowers
hairyshowers

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Sun May 18, 2014 11:39 pm

berti wrote:I've been doing the DT massage for around 4 1/2 months now and have lost more than I've gained so far so would disagree that it's completely risk free. I have diffuse thinning with the thinnest area at the front center. The coverage I had was great until recently and I had my hair loss completely under control but then I had some amalgam fillings removed earlier this year and experienced a massive shed. I had it back under control again and improving but hoping to get back to where I was before removing the amalgams I decided to start this method. I do have what started out as peach fuzz under my existing hair which has developed into cm long vellus hairs coming through all over the hairline and thinning frontal area so I'm semi-confident I might get it all back but at the moment it's looking the worst it ever has.
Just thought I'd share my experiences.

Berti

Please understand that you will most likely go through a shed before you see regrowth start to kick in... This is a normal process and a very positive sign. Stick with DT and all of those new vellus hairs will grow into strong terminal ones.. Just stay patient man.

Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Mon May 19, 2014 4:43 am

For mesupplementationa nd switching up my diet a bit has made a huge difference too.

For one I finally TOTALLY cut out gluten and lowered my carbs a lot.

I had pizza a week ago though and SO many of my little velous hairs that were elongating just VANISHED! I got right back to the strict diet and a week later they are all coming right back along nicely.

For me grains are definitely a BIG nono. This includes rice since for a while I was eating lots of rice but no other grains and I didn't get these results.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Mon May 19, 2014 12:50 pm

whodathunkit wrote:Also, I needled my scalp for the first time last night.  Holy crap.  It HURT.  Anyone who needles/dermarolls with 1.0mm or 1.5 mm more than once per week has either the highest tolerance for pain that's possible to humans, or they're a masochist.  Jeez.
I laughed.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Mon May 19, 2014 7:44 pm

Duketronix wrote:For mesupplementationa nd switching up my diet a bit has made a huge difference too.

I  had pizza a week ago though and SO many of my little velous hairs that were elongating just VANISHED!  I got right back to the strict diet and a week later they are all coming right back along nicely.

For me grains are definitely a BIG nono.  This includes rice since for a while I was eating lots of rice but no other grains and I didn't get these results.

Stop DT and see how fast all of your progress goes to shit....

The diet theory just doesn't make any sense at all. I believe it can help with aiding in manuals, but diet alone certainly does not work as good as manuals/manuals+diet does.

You should probably check to see if you're going through a normal shed or something and see if those hairs grow back thicker and stronger.

Again, just my 2c and I don't mean to offend you at all..
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  bananasinpajamas Mon May 19, 2014 7:51 pm

Duketronix wrote:For mesupplementationa nd switching up my diet a bit has made a huge difference too.

I  had pizza a week ago though and SO many of my little velous hairs that were elongating just VANISHED!  I got right back to the strict diet and a week later they are all coming right back along nicely.

For me grains are definitely a BIG nono.  This includes rice since for a while I was eating lots of rice but no other grains and I didn't get these results.

your velous hairs will not grow back in a week.

bananasinpajamas

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next