Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» zombie cells
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted EmptyToday at 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

+109
CausticSymmetry
playmaker
helpmyhair1
Keanoseg
Jonoh
demgains77
element46
nicks
whodathunkit
deleteme
nvmmm
iuyyighghghgkh
goten574
jlj
nidhogge
RAptor
ANewHope
DeadlyDevice
Odysseus
nobodyknowsthetruth
darkknight
egodust
MrGalea
xyro
gbp2000
rob PHH
hairhat
Rob39
ngb
yup
TM1026
Younganddetermined
Slimnuts
dickadlop
CaptainGiggles
miki9
abetz85
bananasinpajamas
Colum
unfortunate
Growdamnit
Wlac89
hairyshowers
JamesDean
angstman
Xenon
lamka
lookalike
Hali-L
john walters
Shinobi
Jay07
chubbfrank
Misirlou
lutz
rogerd
turbojet
arnie
alphadelta
Thin in FL
Abyad
Biffy
Dannyboy
NYJets
pomme
CF
hiilikeyourbeard
NDW
stresssucks
Elephantor
vg
mistermr
bov51
JDawg
researchingeverything
rayl
hairisthickening
Joey Ramone
The Liberator
Manoko
gg4545
crysanthium
sanderson
BelieveInIt
Duketronix
Pumbaa
theseeker86
YAER
Grub
gingerbread
Live forever
jkj86
Complexx
invinoveritas
Hoppipolla
retrohair
tcpratt
sizzlinghairs
dudebro
bocor
mp
RisingFist
Hairy Potter
rofl
nzbalda
TNT
i_love_you
drex1999
113 posters

Page 1 of 41 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next

Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted Empty Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  drex1999 Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:57 pm

This study was posted by nzbalda in another thread. Read it. Read it 3 times if you must. The study was done in Hong Kong so the translation is a bit funny at times but fully understandable

http://www.omicsonline.org/2155-9554/2155-9554-3-138.php

Detumescence is the reduction of swelling. What this study says is that forcefully kneading and massaging your balding areas for 20 minutes in the morning and at night will result in minor regrowth in 5 months and 95% regrowth in 10 months. Table 2 of their study shows 100% of 100 subjects achieved those results.

Too good to be true? Maybe. If we can get a few volunteers to start this along with me, we can know by the end of February if it works or not.

It's free and easy. All you need is two things: dedication and perseverance to follow through with this daily without seeing results for up to 5 months. Anybody out there want some free hair?

drex1999

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  i_love_you Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:09 pm

drex1999 wrote:This study was posted by nzbalda in another thread. Read it. Read it 3 times if you must. The study was done in Hong Kong so the translation is a bit funny at times but fully understandable

Detumescence is the reduction of swelling. What this study says is that forcefully kneading and massaging your balding areas for 20 minutes in the morning and at night will result in minor regrowth in 5 months and 95% regrowth in 10 months. Table 2 of their study shows 100% of 100 subjects achieved those results.

Too good to be true? Maybe. If we can get a few volunteers to start this along with me, we can know by the end of February if it works or not.

It's free and easy. All you need is two things: dedication and perseverance to follow through with this daily without seeing results for up to 5 months. Anybody out there want some free hair?
I believe this.

On  a metaphysical point  the fractal chaotic shape of the fingerprints attracts orgone energy
thereby by massaging there is a constant flow of life energy at the follicle.

i_love_you

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  TNT Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:05 pm

drex, maybe something like salicylic acid or glycolic acid for skin peeling will be beneficial in that goal? I mean exfoliate of dead skin will help massage to do a better job. What do you think about it?

TNT

Back to top Go down

Post  nzbalda Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:21 pm

I'll give it a crack which i am doing anyway, it has been one day, no hair yet Very Happy although I am doing other things also, lasers and few supplements. I expect to be going backwards fast though as I just cold turkeyed minoxidil a few months ago after 7 years Smile

nzbalda

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:29 pm

firstly theres lots of ppl trying massage, i highly doubt it can yield 95% regrowth and certainly not in 10 months, and im sure we would know it by now, as ppl have been trying massage for probably a century.

nevertheless, i dont want to stand in the way of success, so try it by all means. i know i have hassled people selling ebooks and such on this method, but the truth is i want it to work just as bad as anyone, i just dont see any evidence.(i dont expect peer reviewed double blind placebo controlled studies, id settle with some reasonable pictures produced by someone other than the erson who stands to profit, but i digress)

as for this...

'On a metaphysical point the fractal chaotic shape of the fingerprints attracts orgone energy thereby by massaging there is a constant flow of life energy at the follicle.'

ur speaking out of ur ass. i believe in chi, and various types of energy, and concede there is probably multiple levels of energy, that we do not know about, however to say ur fingerprints attracts orgone energy, is just unproven rubbish.

i guess ur one of the ones that got sucked into buying a power balance hologram wristband.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:55 pm

Isn't this exactly what Margo / Papilla were talking about? Intense, vigorous massage, whether it's with a towel, your fingers, or an old crusty shoe, the results should be the same? To my way of thinking these people are spot on with the massaging / blood flow theory, but the head shape theory sounds highly unlikely?

I reckon these people got results purely because they've restored blood flow and not because there's a change in head shape. The forceful kneading creates a positive pressure in the blood vessels of the scalp (even if it is short-lived), feeding the papilla on a twice-daily basis, thus creating new hair.

Drex I'm totally game - I don't think it's too different to what I've been doing, so I'm definitely in - what exactly are you proposing in terms of an approach to the massage? I've been doing the forceful kneading / massage (i.e. using my knuckles and really giving it welly), but with a towel, and for 5 minutes twice a day, not 20.

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  i_love_you Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:49 pm

I really believe in this.Cause vigorous massage breaks fibrous tissues.

THE BEST TOPICAL METHOD TO REVERSE HAIR IS VIGOROUS SCALP MASSAGE WITH CASTOR OIL MAYBE MIXED WITH JOJOBA O OLIVE OIL.PERIOD.

Of course rofl DOESNT BELIEVE in chi,cause he is really unaware of his unconsious mind,cause he has so many limiting beliefs aka consious part of mind.The consious part wont let you reveal the other great part of your brain which will result in a life similar to a celebration Very Happy

Every moment in life has to be a celebration .

i_love_you

Back to top Go down

Post  i_love_you Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:55 pm

Hairy Potter wrote:Isn't this exactly what Margo / Papilla were talking about? Intense, vigorous massage, whether it's with a towel, your fingers, or an old crusty shoe, the results should be the same? To my way of thinking these people are spot on with the massaging / blood flow theory, but the head shape theory sounds highly unlikely?

I reckon these people got results purely because they've restored blood flow and not because there's a change in head shape. The forceful kneading creates a positive pressure in the blood vessels of the scalp (even if it is short-lived), feeding the papilla on a twice-daily basis, thus creating new hair.

Drex I'm totally game - I don't think it's too different to what I've been doing, so I'm definitely in - what exactly are you proposing in terms of an approach to the massage? I've been doing the forceful kneading / massage (i.e. using my knuckles and really giving it welly), but with a towel, and for 5 minutes twice a day, not 20.
''not because there is a change in shape''.

Breaking fibrous tissues,the scalp comes back to its normal uncompressed state aka natural state.
Dont get mindfucked by the duality of things.Its all one and the same.In fact the universe once was all one and we were one with it.But now to be again one with the universe aka to break the matrix you have to be aware of your existence in the 7 bodies.
The seven gates/chakras must be unsealed and then you can say you are one with oneness.

i_love_you

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:19 am

so, we have to massage only at nw6 area? What about sides and back; and the theory of muscle tension which should relax them?

TNT

Back to top Go down

Post  RisingFist Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:49 am

What if you have diffuse loss? where do you massage?. I don't think this has been done before. It is 20 minutes in the morning where you are pressing down on the scalp and same at night. People have massaged randomly for less time so it's not the same and many do not press down on the scalp. This is definitely worth a discussion, but we should make the instructions clear for everyone.

Edit: What if those who are doing manual methods have actually been getting results from compressing the scalp as a byproduct of their methods plus the increased blood flow helps. Harsh brushing exfoliates some of the grease and maybe compresses the scalp a little. Maybe you would get better results with this therapy as you are actually tackling the problem head on. For those who already incoporate manual methods. I highly recommend adding this to your routine and you should get results in less then a year.

RisingFist

Back to top Go down

Post  drex1999 Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:02 am

I think those trying this should all read the study and go with their own interpretation of what best constitutes the massage. That way we blanket the methods used. The only things I suggest is to plant your fingers in your scalp rather than running them across it to reduce hair breakage. If you are serious about doing this, I would also suggest taking a close up picture of your worst spot. You don't have to post it but it will be there on your computer for you to compare a few months from now. It makes it so much easier to know if you have progress as opposed to the good days/bad days in the mirror we all experience

drex1999

Back to top Go down

Post  mp Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:05 am

Seems to make some sense. But how does this explain Hair Transplants?

mp

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:57 am

Drex, I'm in dude. I'm more than happy to post pics too, whether it works or not, so that people can see what's going on and judge for themselves.

I was thinking a bit about this today and it seems to me that there are at least 3 main aspects to doing manual methods:

1) Method - ie. massage, brushing, towelling, scrunching etc.
2) Intensity - how profoundly the method effects the scalp.
3) Duration - how long the method is maintained for each session.

It seems like the big plus about this approach is that it increases both the intensity and duration and, therefore, gets faster results. Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Maintaining the scrub for 20 minutes at a time, the way I do it, seems out of the question - I could maybe keep it up for 10 mins at a stretch (I'm literally developing callouses on my knuckles from doing it :-). But maybe I could incorporate more of a high pressure massage with just my finger tips pressing really hard.

nzbalda, how are you doing it?

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  nzbalda Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:42 am

I'm just doing what it shows in one of the figures , knead ie pull scalp together and press firmly down mainly on top. I emailed the author yesterday so hopefully they reply

nzbalda

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:56 am

I did that for awhile and then looked in the mirror - it looked like a pterodactyl had swooped down and attacked my head, so it's obviously working :-0

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:15 am

They said, a kneading pressure, so this is something like pinching the skin and then pressure it, squeeze it, right?
Not just a simple pressure with our fingers as we did until now...
I tried and after 5 min my wrists and my fingers began to hurt. 40 min a day...wow...
And, also trying to pinch my top head skin was like a joke...it is so thin, or regarding the study so thick and hard that i can't even pinch it

TNT

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted Empty yeah

Post  bocor Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:40 am

i might give this a shot but dont know abput 20 min twice a day maybe 10 min twice a day i was looking at the study i didnt see whre it said kneading the scalp and the directions for this do i just buch my scalp together in all balding areas?

bocor

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:43 am

bocor,

Massage (Figure 4a) mentioned above is actually an act of kneading, rubbing and putting pressure on the skin with our fingers and hands. This can provide many benefits for the body. The biggest benefit to massage is an increase of blood circulation at the surface of the skin for the hair follicles, increase relaxation, decrease stress, improve the skin condition (thickness, softness and radius of headline curvature) of the scalp, and boost the strength of the hair roots. The kneading pressure applied by massage warms the skin and opens up blood vessels to increase flow and boost circulation. Increased circulation means that the cells of the hair follicle will receive more of the nutrients necessary to optimal hair growth function. The rubbing motion promotes relaxation and feels good, thus increasing the production of good chemicals that work to lower levels of stress hormone in the body. Lower stress levels allow our organs to function more efficiently, thus boosting our hair follicle’s ability to grow hair.

TNT

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted Empty well

Post  bocor Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:48 am

i did my first session like 10 or 15 min and i can still feel the pleasurable sensation of stimulation on my scalp hours afterward this alive feeling is really cool i pinched my scalp with both hands creating folds of bloo flow horizontally then vertically im gonna stick with this!

bocor

Back to top Go down

Post  drex1999 Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:50 am

I think we can use logic when it comes to the time spent. Obviously someone who has lost a lot of hair on their head will need more time as compared to someone receding at their temples. I am not going to stand around for 20 minutes specifically doing this but I surely can make a habit of doing it for a few minutes on and off while watching a tv show each night. It appears to me this exercise is basically artificially pumping blood to, and waste product away from the follicle.

drex1999

Back to top Go down

Post  dudebro Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:28 am

heres a quick note i noticed after specifically doing the massages for 2-3 weeks now in addition to lasercomb..... theres a lot of small pus filled acne bumps and non-pus acne bumps all over my scalp and hairline. interesting to note. also lot of "bulb" hair loss, which for me, means that I will be getting new and improved hair soon. My scalp gets really red and warm now and has color; it is not as rigid and stiff as it used to be... keep going guys...

Of course it could totally be the rogaine im using; but i doubt it because these changes came specifically when my scalp became looser.

dudebro

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:36 am

dudebro wrote:heres a quick note i noticed after specifically doing the massages for 2-3 weeks now in addition to lasercomb..... theres a lot of small pus filled acne bumps and non-pus acne bumps all over my scalp and hairline. interesting to note. also lot of "bulb" hair loss, which for me, means that I will be getting new and improved hair soon. My scalp gets really red and warm now and has color; it is not as rigid and stiff as it used to be... keep going guys...

Of course it could totally be the rogaine im using; but i doubt it because these changes came specifically when my scalp became looser.
Do you follow exactly the same kind of massage that referred in the study? Could you post some details about the way you doing it?
How long are you on rogaine?

TNT

Back to top Go down

Post  dudebro Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:21 pm

TNT wrote:
dudebro wrote:heres a quick note i noticed after specifically doing the massages for 2-3 weeks now in addition to lasercomb..... theres a lot of small pus filled acne bumps and non-pus acne bumps all over my scalp and hairline. interesting to note. also lot of "bulb" hair loss, which for me, means that I will be getting new and improved hair soon. My scalp gets really red and warm now and has color; it is not as rigid and stiff as it used to be... keep going guys...

Do you follow exactly the same kind of massage that referred in the study? Could you post some details about the way you doing it?
How long are you on rogaine?
The only difference in my massage technique was about 3 days ago I started applying downward pressure as well. I dont do two 20min sessions but maybe three 5-10min sessions in a day.

I have been on rogaine for 5 years prior to last year and then I stopped for three months and got back on; so recently been on it for 10 months. Regardless though, I think I am making strides with the massage/scrunching + laser comb because I am starting to see the blood vessels on my forehead really pop out now. My hair looks thicker where it isnt balding and I am seeing new vellus hairs, I believe.

I can not making a definite statement until another 6 months to be honest because I have only been lasering and massaging vigorously for 3 weeks. I know the limitations of rogaine, so I will be able to tell if the growth is due to the massage as well. Plus all you guys are not on rogaine so your results should also be a great indicator if it works. Hopefully then I will be able to cut down on the rogaine to once a day, and then maybe in 1-2 years cut back slowly.

dudebro

Back to top Go down

Post  drex1999 Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:24 pm

Now on my 3rd day. The first two felt like I was bruising my scalp. Today not so bad. Fitting it into the day seems to be ok although I split it up a bit. I leave peppermint soap on my thin spots in the shower for 5 mins anyway so it seemed like a good time. Seems to increase the peppermint effect as a bonus. I then do about 10 mins in the afternoon and then 15-20 on the couch at night was a simple addition.

drex1999

Back to top Go down

Post  RisingFist Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:51 pm

Doing 20 minutes at night is easy since you can just watch a tv show or something, but 20 minutes in the morning is tough before work. I'm startiing to do 5-10 minutes in the morning plus 5-10 minutes during the day then the 20 minutes at night. It would be advisable to follow the study consistently though. I know some people think 5-10 minutes might be good enough but who knows how much more effective longer duration is. I think it makes a difference. If we don't follow the study, can't complain that it doesn't work.

I will order a dermaroller later on. Trying to incorporate some handstands as well.

RisingFist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 41 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next