Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Volunteers needed for Hairbed - based on Detumescence Therapy EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Volunteers needed for Hairbed - based on Detumescence Therapy EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Volunteers needed for Hairbed - based on Detumescence Therapy EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Volunteers needed for Hairbed - based on Detumescence Therapy EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Volunteers needed for Hairbed - based on Detumescence Therapy EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Volunteers needed for Hairbed - based on Detumescence Therapy EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Volunteers needed for Hairbed - based on Detumescence Therapy EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Volunteers needed for Hairbed - based on Detumescence Therapy EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Volunteers needed for Hairbed - based on Detumescence Therapy EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Volunteers needed for Hairbed - based on Detumescence Therapy

+2
Xenon
zn
6 posters

Go down

Volunteers needed for Hairbed - based on Detumescence Therapy Empty Volunteers needed for Hairbed - based on Detumescence Therapy

Post  zn Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:53 am

According to Detumescence Therapy (http://omicsonline.org/2155-9554/2155-9554-3-138.php)
"The applied pressure loading on the head during sleeping in bed (Figure 5) is believed to be a preventive measure for the bending/thickening/hardening of human scalps in daily growth."
Volunteers needed for Hairbed - based on Detumescence Therapy 2155-911

To apply pressure on top of scalp when sleeping, I propose the following bed design. This should help prevent hair loss and help re-grow hair.
Volunteers needed for Hairbed - based on Detumescence Therapy Hair_b10

"An adult human head cut off around vertebra C3, with no hair, weighs somewhere between 4.5 and 5kg, constituting around 8% of the whole body mass." (Reference : Yee, Danny. Average Human Head Weight. Danny Yee. May-June 2006.)
As pressure P on scalp is due to Head weight, based on above data we can calculate angle theta, which comes out to be 4.58 degrees – A slight tilt is required. (Its exaggerated in the figure)
Rollers make sure that your body weight component mgsing@ is balanced by pressure P on top of head.

Anyone ready to try this ? I will try to get it made.

zn

Back to top Go down

Volunteers needed for Hairbed - based on Detumescence Therapy Empty Re: Volunteers needed for Hairbed - based on Detumescence Therapy

Post  Xenon Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:46 pm

I believe the opposite to be true - that mechanical overload from pillow compression actually is a factor in hairloss. We know this is true because of a condition known as pressure alopecia, which has an almost identical pathophysiology to pressure ulcers. I also know from experience that pillow compression inflames cells and can cause hair to thin.

The diagram is showing the pressure points of the scalp, but is not showing another pressure point (the temples), which are normally first to recede. Therefore, if pressure was so beneficial, then the temples (and crown) would be immune to baldness.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Volunteers needed for Hairbed - based on Detumescence Therapy Empty Re: Volunteers needed for Hairbed - based on Detumescence Therapy

Post  rofl Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:05 pm

even if we knew that a tight scalp was the cause of mpb, and keeping it loose treats it (which we dont) i dont think putting yourself in that position essentially making the scalp loose for up to a whole nights sleep at a time (up to 6-10 hrs depending on how long u sleep) is a good idea.

what if it stops blood circulating through the scalp. might be fine for 10 minutes during a massage, but for 8 hrs? could kill tissue, as well as follicles. we know that tying a string aroudn your finger will eventually kill it requiring amputation. what if the pressure cuts off blood supply.

also what about your neck and back. you could wake up in alot of pain, and the rollers seem quite dangerous to me, u could roll forward then slam baack onto your neck.

now i dont believe in DT. but even if i did, i wouldnt recommend this. doing massage to make the scalp loose is one thing, but to force it to be loose by staying in this position for a whole nights sleep, seems dangerous to me, and therefore, i have to warn you against doing it. i hope someone else agrees with me because i dont want to see anyone get hurt for the sake of an experimental treatment.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  zn Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:49 am

Xenon wrote:
The diagram is showing the pressure points of the scalp, but is not showing another pressure point (the temples), which are normally first to recede. Therefore, if pressure was so beneficial, then the temples (and crown) would be immune to baldness.

I dont understand.. Where is pressure on temples (and crown) when sleeping ?
Also we almost never have baldness on sides - which are pressurized every night due to our head's weight.

Last edited by zn on Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:58 am; edited 1 time in total

zn

Back to top Go down

Post  zn Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:56 am

rofl wrote:what if it stops blood circulating through the scalp.  might be fine for 10 minutes during a massage, but for 8 hrs?  could kill tissue, as well as follicles.  we know that tying a string aroudn your finger will eventually kill it requiring amputation.  what if the pressure cuts off blood supply.

If you read my post carefully, calculations suggests a Theta / inclination value of 4.5 degrees.
In other words, A 6 ft long bed would need one side raised by 15 cms.
For such a small inclination - Kill , amputate.. strong words!

Also I tried to edit the title (but couldn't) , asking ppl to volunteer is not right I know, my apologies. I just wanted to know community's opinion on this idea.

zn

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:08 am

zn wrote:
Xenon wrote:

Also we almost never have baldness on sides - which are pressurized every night due to our head's weight.

I've covered this extensively and quite recently, also (check out my sleep position thread). BUT when we place our heads on our pillows, I'm sure everyone will agree with me that the temples press firmly against the pillows, as does the crown (when we sleep on our backs). This is precisely why I devised certain sleeping positions so that the temples and crown don't press against the pillows during sleep.

And you ask why the lower back and sides are not prone to balding. 1. In this very area there are muscles and plenty of adipose tissue which act as cushions to stop the follicles here pressing against the solid skull bones. Everywhere else through out the galea lacks this cushioning (look up temporalis and occiptalis muscles). 2. these follicles have a lower number of androgen receptors (again, refer to my sleep position thread)..
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:11 pm

An excellent idea. This should provide a very slight addition to blood flow and as for it being dangerous I can't see a 4.5 degree difference being enough to cause head amputation. In the wild, you can bet our ancient ancestors rarely found perfectly balanced soil to rest on...
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:32 pm

lol, talk about taking something out of context. i never said anything about the head being amputated, lmao.

rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  bov51 Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:47 am

This is a very bad idea.. I have a very bad tendency to move up when I sleep, so sometime I would end up like the diagram you show, and my neck was not so happy.

bov51

Back to top Go down

Post  bov51 Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:52 am

Xenon wrote:
zn wrote:
Xenon wrote:

I've covered this extensively and quite recently, also (check out my sleep position thread). BUT when we place our heads on our pillows,  I'm sure everyone will agree with me that the temples press firmly against the pillows, as does the crown (when we sleep on our backs). This is precisely why I devised certain sleeping positions so that the temples and crown don't press against the pillows during sleep.

And you ask why the lower back and sides are not prone to balding. 1. In this very area there are muscles and plenty of adipose tissue which act as cushions to stop the follicles here pressing against the solid skull bones. Everywhere else through out the galea lacks this cushioning (look up temporalis and occiptalis muscles). 2. these follicles have a lower number of androgen receptors (again, refer to my sleep position thread)..

Im ordering this, I think this type of pillow would be perfect for sleeping with your temple and crown hanging out.
http://www.amazon.com/Newpoint-100-Percent-Cotton-Neckroll-Pillow/dp/B001TH8M9O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426445306&sr=8-1&keywords=round+pillow

Im guessing this your ideal sleeping position?
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41476R39Y3L.jpg

Last edited by bogv51 on Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total

bov51

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:03 am

Xenon wrote:I believe the opposite to be true - that mechanical overload from pillow compression actually is a factor in hairloss. We know this is true because of a condition known as pressure alopecia, which has an almost identical pathophysiology to pressure ulcers. I also know from experience that pillow compression inflames cells and can cause hair to thin.

I second this view (body should be elevated from the head, not at the foot).

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down