Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 3 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 3 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 3 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 3 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 3 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 3 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

+78
Buster121
DynamoJohn
Incognitopad
gg4545
2young2retire
SonofOdin
Mickael
Abyad
Brabus
Smurfy
hairderp
Golden_Shower
nzbalda
Organism
calvicie
beharat
radiance
chubbfrank
RPM
alphadelta
NYJets
sanderson
Hali-L
playmaker
Joey Ramone
rob PHH
Hairy
Pumbaa
dudebro
ElmoSuper8
vg
fghjfghj
rayl
sdguy
proscar3
ANewHope
Younganddetermined
JDawg
schpiloch123
NDW
Keanoseg
Slimnuts
Joakim
egghead
TNT
unfortunate
MrGalea
bov51
hairhat
Biffy
deleteme
stresssucks
CaptainGiggles
Dannyboy
rofl
sizzlinghairs
OpenBook
RAptor
Xenon
demgains77
Odysseus
drex1999
xyro
bananasinpajamas
Growdamnit
Duketronix
hairyshowers
Jay07
mvkishoresr
BelieveInIt
berti
mistermr
theseeker86
hiilikeyourbeard
Complexx
nicks
Hairy Potter
whodathunkit
82 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 3 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  Odysseus Wed May 21, 2014 8:55 am

whodathunkit wrote:
Odysseus wrote:I got trapped in a Wonder Bread factory for several months. Luckily I was in the "dough" room, surrounded by mountains of glutinous, sugar infused material. I survived by eating several pounds of this material per day until I was rescued. The point is, I noticed no vellus hair loss at that time. After being rescued, I went out that night with friends to celebrate. We hit a local pizza joint and I couldn't believe how many of those little verllus hairs I lost the next day
Odysseus, I have no doubt you have been trapped in a room with a soft, gelatinous substance.   However, I have my doubts that the substance was dough.   Seems to me it was probably rubber.

{rim shot}

Your schtick be gettin' old, brother.  Please hang it up.  You're not nearly as clever as you seem to think you are.

That's yer personal opinion. There may be 2000 posters/lurkers out there who enjoy the irreverence. CS has said time and time again a little pizza, cake, wine, or chocolate will not cause some hysterical, massive, throw myself off the bridge shed.

Odysseus

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 3 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  whodathunkit Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Odysseus wrote:That's yer personal opinion. There may be 2000 posters/lurkers out there who enjoy the irreverence. CS has said time and time again a little pizza, cake, wine, or chocolate will not cause some hysterical, massive, throw myself off the bridge shed.
Not debating the validity of what you said.  Not really debating anything.  I'm saying straight up that you should consider not being a jerk all the time and insulting everyone on this board and what we believe in.  I don't believe everything I read here, but neither do I insult those who don't believe as I do.  I also don't think I should be insulted when others don't believe as I do.

Mendaciously hiding constant insults behind the concept of "irreverence" is a cop-out, and further, it's a tactic that only passive-aggressive douchebags use.

You need to consider there may be 3000 other posters who think like I do.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  Odysseus Wed May 21, 2014 10:36 am

whodathunkit wrote:
Odysseus wrote:That's yer personal opinion. There may be 2000 posters/lurkers out there who enjoy the irreverence. CS has said time and time again a little pizza, cake, wine, or chocolate will not cause some hysterical, massive, throw myself off the bridge shed.
Not debating the validity of what you said.  Not really debating anything.  I'm saying straight up that you should consider not being a jerk all the time and insulting everyone on this board and what we believe in.  I don't believe everything I read here, but neither do I insult those who don't believe as I do.  I also don't think I should be insulted when others don't believe as I do.

Mendaciously hiding constant insults behind the concept of "irreverence" is a cop-out, and further, it's a tactic that only passive-aggressive douchebags use.

You need to consider there may be 3000 other posters who think like I do.

Who says I'm a jerk? And it's not my job to take care of people's feelings. That's their job (and a major part of learning to live with hair loss).  If people don't like the way you look, screw 'em. Maybe gluten adds to the problem, who knows? "No Gluten" is a huge business now. Just like Big Pharma and Big Organic and Big Vita.

I certainly don't mean to "insult" anyone. It's not the messenger, it's the message I poke fun at.

Odysseus

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Wed May 21, 2014 10:48 am

Odysseus, if you can't see how and why you're coming across like a dick, no one can help you.  

Good luck.  Have fun with your special wit and wisdom.  May it take you far in life, and win you many friends.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  Odysseus Wed May 21, 2014 11:13 am

whodathunkit wrote:Odysseus, if you can't see how and why you're coming across like a dick, no one can help you.  

Good luck.  Have fun with your special wit and wisdom.  May it take you far in life, and win you many friends.

I've never called anyone here a jerk or dick, or anything else for that matter.

Violet Rays for Everyone!

Odysseus

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Wed May 21, 2014 12:56 pm

I think Odysseus is funny, but he is smart enough to know exactly what he's doing. There are two sides of the fence, yet you should always sit on top of it. I don't understand how one's comment on an internet thread could possibly tarnish your day, but if you find a hair loss theory that you genuinely agree with, stick with it. Only you are going to solve your hair loss.

EDIT: On a side note with regarding this theory: What explains the exact pattern androgenetic alopecia takes? Why is it always the crown or temples to go first if it is only grease that clogs the follicles?

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 3 Empty My experience so far

Post  OpenBook Thu May 22, 2014 2:53 am

Hey,

Just wanted to drop in and briefly share my Detumescence experience so far.

I'm a NW1-2, and I've been firmly massaging/kneeding my temples (sporadically, every other day or so, about 20 times a day total) for the last two months or so.

As a result, I can now see a lot of vellus hair popping out on and 1cm below the hairline. Some of them have come a bit longer than the others - some of them thicker, some thinner.  I know me saying things won't prove anything to you, so I'm gonna try to get a few good pictures of the area in question.

Nevertheless, this seems to work very well for me.

Btw, the only thing I'm doing hair-wise at the moment is Detumescence - no supplements or dietary protocols of any kind.

Happy growing everyone!

OpenBook

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Thu May 22, 2014 3:44 am

For the record, Odysseus, I think the only person I've ever called a jerk or a dick around here is YOU. I think I called you a douche, too. Don't forget that. Laughing

And again, to be clear, you're amusing the first 50 times you say "Violet Rays for everyone!" or regale us with the incredibly original satirical anecdote of your adventures in the Wonder Bread factory.

But after the first 50 to 100 times of this "elbow-in-the-ribs-dontcha-get-it-I'm-making-fun-of-all-of-you-but-in-the-greatest-way-so-you-shouldn't-be-offended" jocularity, it gets OLD. You're like the Don Rickles of the Immortal Hair Forum...except Don was frequently original and witty, even while he was being insulting and mean. And he also understood how not to overuse a joke.

AFAIC, it's not just what you say...it's *how many* times you say it. Even toddlers understand eventually that saying the same thing over and over gets on people's nerves. Do *you* have the capacity to understand that, too?

Anyway, I'm done with this. Said my piece. In the interest of not becoming the repetitive drone myself, I'm out.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  Odysseus Thu May 22, 2014 5:28 am

whodathunkit wrote:For the record, Odysseus, I think the only person I've ever called a jerk or a dick around here is YOU.   I think I called you a douche, too.  Don't forget that.  Laughing

And again, to be clear, you're amusing the first 50 times you say "Violet Rays for everyone!" or regale us with the incredibly original satirical anecdote of your adventures in the Wonder Bread factory.

But after the first 50 to 100 times of this "elbow-in-the-ribs-dontcha-get-it-I'm-making-fun-of-all-of-you-but-in-the-greatest-way-so-you-shouldn't-be-offended" jocularity, it gets OLD.  You're like the Don Rickles of the Immortal Hair Forum...except Don was frequently original and witty, even while he was being insulting and mean.  And he also understood how not to overuse a joke.

AFAIC, it's not just what you say...it's *how many* times you say it.  Even toddlers understand eventually that saying the same thing over and over gets on people's nerves.  Do *you* have the capacity to understand that, too?

Anyway, I'm done with this.  Said my piece.  In the interest of not becoming the repetitive drone myself, I'm out.

I hope you know that there is no such thing as "us". A group of individuals participating in a particular subject, some common interests, that's all. You are not, and can not, possibly speak for or be aware of what other folks think/feel about my participation here. You are speaking for yourself. It gets "OLD" for you. And no, my toddlers have never figured out that asking me why the sun goes down and the moon comes out gets on my nerves, because it doesn't.

Odysseus

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Thu May 22, 2014 1:12 pm

Can anyone recommend any topical growth stimulants (non anti andro/minox based) that have helped them alongside manuals/brushing??

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Thu May 22, 2014 3:39 pm

thats the million dollar question, and if we knew the answer we would be millionaires.

for regrowth, i dont know. u should be very weary of anyone who tells u 'something works'.

for scalp health and anti fungal, try tea tree oil, betonite clay, seabuckthorn., GFSE, CCO,
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  Dannyboy Fri May 23, 2014 12:58 am

Can anybody recommend a drema roller 1.5? (Or do you think 1mm is better?)
There are so many of them in Amazon
I'm using this one, once a week -  and I don't like it that much: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Professional-Needle-Roller-Stretchmarks-Regeneration/dp/B0085LUMLI/ref=pd_sim_sbs_beauty_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0C6RNK4XFE6DWK93XKXB

Any suggestions?

Dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  hiilikeyourbeard Fri May 23, 2014 2:59 am

Dannyboy wrote:Can anybody recommend a drema roller 1.5? (Or do you think 1mm is better?)
There are so many of them in Amazon
I'm using this one, once a week -  and I don't like it that much: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Professional-Needle-Roller-Stretchmarks-Regeneration/dp/B0085LUMLI/ref=pd_sim_sbs_beauty_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0C6RNK4XFE6DWK93XKXB

Any suggestions?
depends on how deep you wanna go. if you're not trying to make yourself bleed, you don't need bigger than .5. i have 1.5 from a long time ago and the needles are huge
hiilikeyourbeard
hiilikeyourbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Fri May 23, 2014 4:26 am

Dannyboy, I agree with hiilikeyourbeard...what length needle you get depends on what you want to accomplish.  Also depends on your tolerance for blood and pain.

There is currently a debate in the dermaneedling community about whether or not short needles and more frequent sessions will achieve the same results as deeper needles used in sessions spaced more widely apart.  Consensus has not been reached.  My personal feeling is that both approaches have merit and mixing them may be the best way to go, at least for anti-aging results on non-scalp skin.

Regardless, 1.0mm needles aren't really considered short.  "Short" seems to top out at 0.5mm.

1.0mm is less painful than 1.5mm which in turn is less painful than 2.0mm.  You will also bleed more the longer needle you use.  Don't ever go above 2.0mm, though.  No point.  I say that because I've seen some 3.0mm rollers on ebay.  Just damn.  Shocked

As far as where you can get good ones...I like this place:

http://shop.owndoc.com/product-list.php?dermaneedling-pg1-cid48.html

It's in Europe and I'm in the States, but the merchandise is high-quality, the customer service is excellent, and my merchandise always arrives in a timely manner, so I always go there when I need needling supplies.  They stand behind what they sell.  Plus, they have the best selection I've ever seen for different types of needling devices.  And the site is good for advice on what to choose, how to use it, and how to care for it after you've used it.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  hiilikeyourbeard Fri May 23, 2014 8:41 pm

castor oil is wonderful in conjunction with this too. i like it better than magnesium oil. you can also leave it on all night to increase blood flow. pretty cool stuff.

so what do you guys think is the best way to prevent this buildup from happening to us again once we break it all down and our head shape is back to normal? i'm really trying to figure out how it really happens in the first place. just inflammation?
hiilikeyourbeard
hiilikeyourbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptainGiggles Fri May 23, 2014 8:51 pm

Hello all
Any updates? I've been closely watching this topic and haven't seen anyone talk about their progress for a while.
I'm almost at the end of month 2 and i've noticed some new hairs on my hairline, they aren't particularly visible but yet they're there. My main area of concern is my overly thinned crown, apart from some big bumps and flakey skin there is little else to report.
I'll post a few pictures as soon as my progress is cosmetically apparent and fit for a proper before/after comparison shot.
CaptainGiggles
CaptainGiggles

Back to top Go down

Post  Dannyboy Fri May 23, 2014 11:54 pm

whodathunkit wrote:Dannyboy, I agree with hiilikeyourbeard...what length needle you get depends on what you want to accomplish.  Also depends on your tolerance for blood and pain.

There is currently a debate in the dermaneedling community about whether or not short needles and more frequent sessions will achieve the same results as deeper needles used in sessions spaced more widely apart.  Consensus has not been reached.  My personal feeling is that both approaches have merit and mixing them may be the best way to go, at least for anti-aging results on non-scalp skin.

Regardless, 1.0mm needles aren't really considered short.  "Short" seems to top out at 0.5mm.

1.0mm is less painful than 1.5mm which in turn is less painful than 2.0mm.  You will also bleed more the longer needle you use.  Don't ever go above 2.0mm, though.  No point.  I say that because I've seen some 3.0mm rollers on ebay.  Just damn.  Shocked

It's in Europe and I'm in the States, but the merchandise is high-quality, the customer service is excellent, and my merchandise always arrives in a timely manner, so I always go there when I need needling supplies.  They stand behind what they sell.  Plus, they have the best selection I've ever seen for different types of needling devices.  And the site is good for advice on what to choose, how to use it, and how to care for it after you've used it.

Thanks for the answer - the thing is I always read on the web-sites that 0.5 is for hair loss, on the other hand most say 1.0-1.5 is more effective. I don't know if the recommended 0.5 its for using 3-4 times a week and that's why there is no need for more than 0.5.
I use it once a week, also use a topical and LLLT 3 times a week, I wonder if its more effective to use it right after LLLt, and again - what would be the right once to use 0.5-1.5. I guess I will stay with 1.5 but I will look for some other brand.

Dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Sat May 24, 2014 2:30 am

hiilikeyourbeard wrote:castor oil is wonderful in conjunction with this too. i like it better than magnesium oil. you can also leave it on all night to increase blood flow. pretty cool stuff.

so what do you guys think is the best way to prevent this buildup from happening to us again once we break it all down and our head shape is back to normal? i'm really trying to figure out how it really happens in the first place. just inflammation?

Thanks. So castor oil helps with blood flow. Doesnt it also posses some other hair growth properties if im not mistaken?

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks Sat May 24, 2014 8:24 am

how is this for castor oil?

http://smile.amazon.com/NOW-Solutions-Castor-Pure-ounce/dp/B0013TM9UQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400880199&sr=8-1&keywords=castor+oil

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 3 Empty New hairs appearing

Post  deleteme Sat May 24, 2014 9:10 am

I try to do the massage as much as possible whenever I can. The results from the 10 month massaging amounts to 186 hours. I figured ill go for 2 hours a day or more. Mostly during moments watching TV. So in 3 months I would have done those amount of hours. I'm not sure how much more effective this approach will be but I'm seeing new hairs . I don'tuse my hands much either. II've got a roller which I removed from its handle. Two actually. its like a nobbly roll. i fit them in the palm of my hand and push it very hard into my scalp just as you would your fingers. Pulling stretching etc. i also turn the roll upside down. As its hollow i press it into my scalp and it makes little crop circles appear. ipretty much move it cm by cm so they are no longer visible but leaves my skin very red. This has saved my fingers a lot of strain but my forearms hurt after a while. I also don't believe it's calcification. I think it's fibrosis. I take 6000 mg of taurine

deleteme

Back to top Go down

Post  hiilikeyourbeard Sat May 24, 2014 9:40 am

CaptainGiggles wrote:Hello all
Any updates? I've been closely watching this topic and haven't seen anyone talk about their progress for a while.
I'm almost at the end of month 2 and i've noticed some new hairs on my hairline, they aren't particularly visible but yet they're there. My main area of concern is my overly thinned crown, apart from some big bumps and flakey skin there is little else to report.
I'll post a few pictures as soon as my progress is cosmetically apparent and fit for a proper before/after comparison shot.

my crown has come back faster than my temples. so keep at it. your hair will come back
hiilikeyourbeard
hiilikeyourbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  hiilikeyourbeard Sat May 24, 2014 9:44 am

stresssucks wrote:how is this for castor oil?

http://smile.amazon.com/NOW-Solutions-Castor-Pure-ounce/dp/B0013TM9UQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400880199&sr=8-1&keywords=castor+oil

exactly bottle i have lol

quality stuff, they call it the palm of christ. kinda fitting. you can literally just lather your head up with this stuff and let it sit for a few hours or just massage it in. mix it with coconut oil or another oil to thin it out if you find it's too thick too. i'll be using this probably the rest of my DT journey. DT, castor oil and brushing. nothing else topically. i don't even wash my hair anymore and it's in the best condition it's been in in a long long time. magnesium oil will go on the back burner, it's good for sore muscles but i feel that castor oil does a better job with with softening this calcification or fibrosis or whatever this is, plus i'm supplementing magnesium already. sorry i'm rambling
hiilikeyourbeard
hiilikeyourbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Sat May 24, 2014 10:50 am

You guys apply castor after DT?

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptainGiggles Sat May 24, 2014 9:00 pm

hiilikeyourbeard wrote:
CaptainGiggles wrote:Hello all

my crown has come back faster than my temples. so keep at it. your hair will come back
I hope you're right. How long until you noticed a significant difference in your crown?
Here are 2 unforgiving pictures of my head, for baseline reference.
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 3 <a href=Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 3 Imag0611" />
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 3 <a href=Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 3 Imag0810" />
Will keep updating as it progresses.
CaptainGiggles
CaptainGiggles

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Sun May 25, 2014 12:57 am

Dannyboy wrote:
whodathunkit wrote:Dannyboy, I agree with hiilikeyourbeard...what length needle you get depends on what you want to accomplish.  Also depends on your tolerance for blood and pain.

Thanks for the answer - the thing is I always read on the web-sites that 0.5 is for hair loss, on the other hand most say 1.0-1.5 is more effective. I don't know if the recommended 0.5 its for using 3-4 times a week and that's why there is no need for more than 0.5.
I use it once a week, also use a topical and LLLT 3 times a week, I wonder if its more effective to use it right after LLLt, and again - what would be the right once to use 0.5-1.5. I guess I will stay with 1.5 but I will look for some other brand.  

Are you even working on loosening your scalp? You always have a shaky answer when me or slowmoe ask you if your scalp is loose... You do know that having a loose scalp is the key to this process, right? Everything else is pretty much secondary....
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next