Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Neurogenic Tremoring - Volunteers Wanted EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Neurogenic Tremoring - Volunteers Wanted EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Neurogenic Tremoring - Volunteers Wanted EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Neurogenic Tremoring - Volunteers Wanted EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Neurogenic Tremoring - Volunteers Wanted EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Neurogenic Tremoring - Volunteers Wanted EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Neurogenic Tremoring - Volunteers Wanted EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Neurogenic Tremoring - Volunteers Wanted EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Neurogenic Tremoring - Volunteers Wanted EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Neurogenic Tremoring - Volunteers Wanted

Go down

Neurogenic Tremoring - Volunteers Wanted Empty Neurogenic Tremoring - Volunteers Wanted

Post  donovanyellow Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:58 pm

Hello - after much research and introspection and experimenting over 2 years, i've been able to pretty much halt the sudden diffuse thinning i had and even thicken my hair a bit - but i can still tell that my hair can be sporadic in quality.  I am also interested in regrowth which has only been very minimal - more like new hairs all over the place, but not consistently or as localized as i'd like.  

I've come to the point of being convinced that i personally want to do this journey with nutrition and lifestyle choices (and have been).  No supplements or shampoos or soaps, either.  No DT or scalp fixation, either.  More than regrowing my hair, i want to be able to be truly perceptive about my own body.  And the only way to truly do that is by simplifying the variables as much as possible.

Nutritionally I focus on determining calories, macro ratios, and food frequency based on both how i feel and through pulse and temp readings.  Diet is pretty low starch except for potatoes (resistant starch) and masa harina (easier to digest corn).  I avoid most vegetables except for easy to digest ones.  Big focus on nutrient density, too, by staying on top of shellfish, chocolate, organ meats, raw milk, and fruits.  Use supplemental cartilage broths every other day that's homemade.  Avoid PUFA as much as possible.  Overall, i focus on consistency - or consistent with my life variables.  Meet the demands.  That's my nutrition approach in a nutshell.

Other lifestyle variables that i keep in check:  no soaps for body or hair in any way.  i use backing soda for deodorizing if i need it.  i have to rinse my hair with water every day just because my job is dirty.  focus on getting enough consistent sleep.  focus on getting sunlight at least a half hour a day if possible.  also, just a focus on staying active - not in a stressful way but just general movement or mild strength training.  For me, that seems like all that's really necessary.  I'm all about simplicity, but....

I've been really fascinated by a therapeutic technique that i discovered about 6 months ago that i only did for about 2 months.  It's called neurogenic tremoring (or TRE) and has been pioneered by David Bercelli.  I will leave you to research it on your own, but it's basically designed to create very specific muscle fatigue in muscles that naturally hold tension.  Well, this technique allows you to induce the body's own natural tremoring mechanism which is designed to release this stored tension.  We tend to repress this natural tremoring through our daily lives except in very traumatic experiences where we begin to shake.  TRE can be done in private, though - and is actually very easy once you get the hang of it.  And there's no rigid thing about it at all - there seems to be no rules.  But when i did it i noticed loads of stress fall off of me and i felt much more relaxed and balanced - i smiled more - felt less inhibited, etc.  Another big thing i noticed while doing it was how it seemed to warm up my body - especially my scalp - not in a red hot kind of way but very mild - and the vein on my temples seemed to be more pronounced - like it was really easy to find.  My scalp also felt more alive.  In other words, it seemed like there was probably really good bloodflow going on.  I'm not saying that bloodflow is the be all end all, but it is interesting to me the idea of restoring the nervous system in such an easy way.  Most health problems (including hair) all come back to stress.  We certainly can't avoid outside stressors (we can avoid nutritional stressors)....and we certainly want to avoid storing any outside stress in our bodies and keeping the body from operating as efficiently as it could.  

My thinking and great curiosity is if TRE could be beneficial not only for healing and function in general - but also in promoting scalp health....and therefore hair regrowth.  DT may break up calcification, but surely the body has its own natural way of breaking up calcification.  for me personally, i don't want to take the risk of wasting time or creating unnecessary (potentially harmful) inflammation....and i do know there have been success stories (and probably more to come) with DT.  I would just rather know if my diet and lifestyle choices are what is creating the change rather than an artificial mechanism.  Neurogenic tremoring is a natural body mechanism even if you have to "awaken" it.

So I'm going to begin an experiment and get back to doing TRE 15 minutes every night before bed.  If anyone else is interested in trying out TRE and posting updates, i will do the same (including pictures).  

I am in no way associated with Bercelli or any other practitioner.

donovanyellow

Back to top Go down