Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Exosome Theory and Herpes
No Proof Found That Gum Disease Causes Heart Disease or Stroke - Page 2 EmptyToday at 9:12 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
No Proof Found That Gum Disease Causes Heart Disease or Stroke - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
No Proof Found That Gum Disease Causes Heart Disease or Stroke - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
No Proof Found That Gum Disease Causes Heart Disease or Stroke - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
No Proof Found That Gum Disease Causes Heart Disease or Stroke - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
No Proof Found That Gum Disease Causes Heart Disease or Stroke - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
No Proof Found That Gum Disease Causes Heart Disease or Stroke - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
No Proof Found That Gum Disease Causes Heart Disease or Stroke - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
No Proof Found That Gum Disease Causes Heart Disease or Stroke - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

No Proof Found That Gum Disease Causes Heart Disease or Stroke

+10
theseeker86
tooyoung
Delphine
nidhogge
AS54
CausticSymmetry
ubraj
Espio
a
Hairbeback
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

No Proof Found That Gum Disease Causes Heart Disease or Stroke - Page 2 Empty Re: No Proof Found That Gum Disease Causes Heart Disease or Stroke

Post  Hairbeback Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:02 pm

Sounds interesting....does it have a positive affect on gums to? Can it be taken internally? atleast on accident? is it poisonious? Sorry have bad anxiety I know this last two questions were stupid lol Arrow

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

No Proof Found That Gum Disease Causes Heart Disease or Stroke - Page 2 Empty Re: No Proof Found That Gum Disease Causes Heart Disease or Stroke

Post  tooyoung Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:25 pm

Hairbeback wrote:Sounds interesting....does it have a positive affect on gums to? Can it be taken internally? atleast on accident? is it poisonious? Sorry have bad anxiety I know this last two questions were stupid lol Arrow

As far as I can tell from this thread, it is positive for the gums. It is advertised on iherb as a sugar substitute so you can eat it as well.

jdp, what do you think about things such as nasaline instead of neti pots, where you force the solution into the nostrils rather than relying on gravity?
http://www.iherb.com/Nasaline-Nasal-Rinsing-System-1-Kit/12298

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:52 am

rdkml wrote:
I get mine locally but you can buy it on iherb. I buy the NOW brand.

Is this the one you buy? I notice there's a few from NOW. I'm not sure if one is better then the other. http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Xylitol-Plus-75-Packets-4-76-oz-135-g/875

Then there's this one.
http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Xylitol-100-Pure-Natural-Sweetener-2-5-lbs-1134-g/10714

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:36 am

Delphine wrote:
What amounts of water/xylitol to use?

Here is a quote

"Treatment for nasal staph consists of 4 main things:

Remove "gunk" from nasal mucous membranes. May use a neti pot. 1/2 teaspoon of salt with 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, Alkala, or Tri-Salts and 1 teaspoon of xylitol. Xylitol bloats bacteria and they then die. Molds and staph are drawn to xylitol and are then killed. Use warm water.

The majority of humans are infected with chronic sinusitis. 25-30% of "normal" humans have staph in their nasal passages. Low back pain is often present. The veins of the lower body and the upper sinus are connected."
http://betterhealthguy.com/joomla/blog/242-a-deep-look-beyond-lyme

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:41 am

tooyoung wrote: what do you think about things such as nasaline instead of neti pots,

I've never used that brand but I do own this brand http://reviews.walgreens.com/2001/prod6040507/sinus-wash-squeeze-bottle-kit-reviews/reviews.htm which I like and would recommend.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:03 am

theseeker86 wrote:
Is this the one you buy?

To brush your teeth with, you wouldn't use the xylitol plus as it contains stevia. The one in packets to brush teeth with would be

http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Pure-Xylitol-75-Packets-5-39-oz-153-g/16534

or

http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Healthy-Foods-Xylitol-1-lb-454-g/321

Course you could use the Xylitol Plus that you linked to before internally as a sweetner. It would probably taste better as a sweetner as it contains stevia than regular Xylitol.

Personally, if I found I liked taking xylitol as a sweetner internally, I'd eventually opt for Birch xylitol which comes from trees. It can be ordered online through a google search.

One warning... don't feed xylitol to dogs (and possibly other animals) as it's dangerous for them.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:21 am

Walgreens no longer sell that nasal product?

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:31 am

rdkml wrote:

The majority of humans are infected with chronic sinusitis. 25-30% of "normal" humans have staph in their nasal passages. Low back pain is often present. The veins of the lower body and the upper sinus are connected."
http://betterhealthguy.com/joomla/blog/242-a-deep-look-beyond-lyme

Interesting, I have lower back pain although may be completely unrelated. Ordered some xylitol and will play around with it orally and also ordered the nasal rinser from iherb as I'm not too sure about walgreens in the UK, i'm sure it will be fine.

Thank you so much once again jdp.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:49 am

rdkml wrote:
tooyoung wrote: what do you think about things such as nasaline instead of neti pots,

I've never used that brand but I do own this brand http://reviews.walgreens.com/2001/prod6040507/sinus-wash-squeeze-bottle-kit-reviews/reviews.htm which I like and would recommend.

And can you use the mixture you described in that one? Sounds like it would be easy to use. I've never tried the neti pot. Think I'm due for a sinus wash.
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:52 am

rdkml wrote:

Personally, if I found I liked taking xylitol as a sweetner internally, I'd eventually opt for Birch xylitol which comes from trees. It can be ordered online through a google search.

I recently got this birch xylitol, I like using it both as a sweetener and as mouth medicine: http://www.amazon.com/The-Ultimate-Life-Sweetener-powder/dp/B000153A9M
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  gg4545 Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:31 pm

jdp have you used any of these brands before?? or are any of them close to what you use

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/search/controller?N=200787188&type=category&cm_sp=typeahead-_-shop_by_category-_-Xylitol

i can get these locally

gg4545

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:37 am

Misirlou wrote:Walgreens no longer sell that nasal product?

They don't sell it online but in the stores.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:37 am

[quote="Delphine"]
And can you use the mixture you described in that one?quote]

Yup.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:39 am

gg4545 wrote:have you used any of these brands before??

No, but I would bet those brands will all give similar results.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:30 am

I want to try this out to any good brands, not going to be using the neti pot?

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:15 am

[quote="rdkml"]
Delphine wrote:
And can you use the mixture you described in that one?quote]

Yup.

Thanks. How much water is to be used along with the 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda and 1 teaspoon of xylitol?

btw, to all those who are wondering what kind of xyitol to use...I think they're all basically the same.
This makes sense to me:

http://karenshealthykitchen.com/The_Truth_About_Xylitol.html

XYLITOL: THE TRUE STORY

CLARIFYING THE QUESTIONS AND CONTROVERSIES

SURROUNDING CORN COB AND BIRCH XYLITOL

During the past year or so, there have been many questions and concerns voiced about the perceived differences between xylitol made from birch bark and/or hardwoods versus xylitol made from other raw materials, principally corn cobs. Certain website distributors of xylitol have, for some time now, been giving misleading and often incorrect information to the consumer, in our opinion. We are presenting this “White Paper” for our website visitors because we think that you should be given the facts that we have collected over the past 10 years so that you can make your own judgment as to whether you should be concerned about some of the information that is out there on the web. We trust that the following information about how xylitol is produced and why these concerns may be unfounded will help you to make a more informed decision about the products you may choose to buy.

Even though xylitol is found in nature in certain fruits and vegetables in small quantities, it must be synthesized from plant matter containing hemicellulose in order to provide sufficient quantities necessary to meet the increasing demand. Several types of raw materials have been investigated over the years and found to be capable of being chemically converted into the same molecular composition as xylitol found in nature. Originally, small quantities were made primarily from the bark of birch trees during the sugar shortages that occurred in some European countries during WWII. After the war, sugar became plentiful again, and xylitol production was limited to that needed for pharmaceutical or special dietary purposes.

When the demand in Asia for a natural sugar substitute increased, the overwhelming choice of a raw material was a renewable source that was available in larger quantities and more economical than tree bark: corn cobs. The lack of a sufficient supply of tree bark and the high cost and complexity of processing it caused China to begin production of xylitol using corn cobs from the regions where corn had been grown by subsistence farmers for many generations. Factories were built in these regions, and they provided additional income for these farmers by purchasing the corn cobs that would have otherwise been discarded as waste. The technology for these factories was made available from Europe and the US.

When demand for xylitol in the US and Canada increased to the point where the supply available from birch and other hardwoods became limited, and costs began to spiral upward, importers began to travel to China to review their processes and work with their government to increase their production and inspection techniques to meet the more stringent US requirements needed for importation and sale of the finished product. As a result, the quality of the imported product was improved to the point that most of the xylitol sold in the US for many years came from China. In addition, the xylitol was also laboratory inspected after arrival in this country to further verify its purity and conformance to US standards prior to being accepted for distribution. Sometime later, a few companies in the US began to produce xylitol using xylan from China, which is the basic material used in the chemical processes used to produce the finished product.

When Internet retail websites for xylitol sales became more prevalent, an advertising “war” developed with certain sites claiming that their xylitol was superior to that made from corn cobs because it was made only from birch bark. However, the price difference was significant, and the birch product was the highest price on the market. As more companies began to sell xylitol, the competition for the customer’s dollar rapidly increased, and “organic xylitol” began to be advertised. In addition, there was a campaign started by one online company in particular that stated emphatically that there were possibilities that any xylitol manufactured from corn or corn cobs could contain allergens that might lead to distress due to corn allergies. As a result, consumers were led to believe that xylitol made from corn cobs was an inferior product and could even lead to health issues. When the company that made these claims was contacted by telephone and asked to provide the source of their xylitol, they refused to give any information at all and indicated that their source was “secret” so that others could not also obtain xylitol from that source. They would not furnish any documentation as to the purity of their product, and stated that one would have to “take them at their word” concerning their claims. This made us very skeptical about their truthfulness, and we began to try to find out more about this as we were about to enter the market with our own website to sell xylitol and xylitol products.

We have had experience personally with both the claimed “birch only” xylitol and that produced in China from corn cobs and imported by trustworthy companies in the US. We have found little difference in any of these products that we have used over the past 10 years, other than some brands had a coarser texture than others. We have never personally suffered from any negative side effects other than occasional gastric discomfort when it was ingested in larger quantities at a time. This is a normal side effect that has been well documented. We have also failed to detect any noticeable difference in the taste of any of the xylitol that is made from corn cobs and that made from “birch only”.

Note that we have stated that the xylitol from China and some from the US is made from corn cobs, not from the corn kernel itself. This is an important distinction, because our research has shown that most food allergies are in response to the protein found in the grain itself.1 Also, when “corn allergy” or “allergic reaction to corn” was researched, no results were obtained when these keywords were entered into the USDA , FDA, The Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network, and The Center for Food Safety websites.1,2,3,4 According to the FDA , the eight major food allergens are: milk, egg, fish, crustacean shellfish, tree nuts, wheat, peanuts, and soybeans, or a food ingredient that contains protein derived from one of these2. These major allergens affect only 6% of the child population and 3.7% of the adult population in the US. “More than 160 other foods are known to cause food allergies; however, these allergies are relatively rare with prevalence rates ranging from a few percent of the allergic population to single cases. "Starch….is often derived from corn which is not a major food allergen.” 2 So, in conclusion as regards corn allergies, this type of allergy is not considered significant by the US Government and other sources.

The other concern about corn from many people is the genetically modified organism (GMO) problem. Much has been written and publicized about the dangers, both real and imagined, of genetically modifying corn to increase yields and make it less susceptible to pests. There are basically two reasons that this should not be of any concern to purchasers of xylitol manufactured from corn cobs. The first is that the Chinese farmers not only do not have any need or desire for GMO corn, but rather have been farming in their traditional ways for centuries and do not want to change their methods. This information was provided to us first hand by the owner of one of the largest xylitol importing companies who has personally made many trips to China to inspect their facilities and work with their government regarding the inspection and regulations that are required for importation into the US. The second reason should be obvious to anyone who has researched the methods of production of xylitol from corn cobs. The complex processes necessary to convert the hemicellulose first into xylan, then into D-xylose, and finally into xylitol actually change the chemical composition of the raw material so completely that the end product, which must also be filtered and refined, is of 99.5% or greater purity and has the same 5-carbon molecular structure as the xylitol that is found in nature. By the time this process is completed, there is nothing remaining that bears any resemblance to the original raw material, and all that is present are the pure xylitol crystals. As long as the final inspection, tests, and laboratory verification of the purity of the product are performed rigorously, the consumer can have complete confidence that there are no residual elements from the raw materials present in the final product.

One final concern by consumers appears to be one that has no validity whatsoever. That is, some retailers are stating that their xylitol is “organic” or that the raw materials are organic. It would appear that this is only a marketing strategy or ploy, because it makes no sense that the use of an organic raw material would result in a superior end product if you understand the manufacturing processes briefly described above. Also, we have not seen any advertised xylitol that bears the green FDA label certifying the product as organic.

Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:05 pm

Delphine wrote:
Thanks. How much water is to be used along with the 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda and 1 teaspoon of xylitol?
[/quote]

I don't know other than the usual amount that a neti pot holds.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sat May 05, 2012 9:26 pm

Xylitol and nasaline just arrived, teeth feel very, very clean after chewing then using xylitol as a mouthwash, tongue glides across them. The nasaline brought up some mucous, nose and airways feel very nice and clear.

jdp- As you said salt+ baking soda are abrasive, would using a baking soda, salt and xylitol mix once or twice a week, with xylitol being used 2-4 times a day be a good structure to follow? I might get some birch tree xylitol to ingest 1 tsp a day alongside the corn xylitol orally.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sun May 06, 2012 5:17 am

That's about what I do.

Also, using a water pik with 1:20 bleach to water ratio. Better would be NSF bleach if you can get it.

Also, changing the toothbrush once per week is very important IME and this one is probably the reason why I've never had a cavity.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sun May 06, 2012 5:48 am

I'm definitely getting a waterpik sometime over the next 6 months, as soon as I get some disposable cash. Thanks for the toothbrush tip, remember you mentioning it before. Thank you for all the help jdp, appreciate it.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Sun May 06, 2012 8:24 am

Wow much does this waterpic cost anyway? is this good product?

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sun May 06, 2012 8:49 am

Mine was over $100 but that was 20 years ago. It still works and is in perfect shape.

I don't have personal experience with any other brands but yeah, I would recommend a countertop model so that one can add a tiny bit of bleach per Dr. Nordquist to kill the spirochetes and others that cause damaging health issues that live in the gingival sulcus that a toothbrush has a hard time reaching.

By the way, I've never tried it because not much of a need but for those with issues, one can always try Tooth Tonic for those with root canals and teeth issues from royalrife.com

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Sun May 06, 2012 9:01 am

I paid $50 canadian for my Water-Pik.

"When you're going through hell, keep going!" - Winstone Churchill
a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Sun May 06, 2012 9:32 am

aI paid $50 canadian for my Water-Pik.

it's made the way like jdp advice?Smile If so, i'd glad to be linked of how it looks like. i spend really to much time to maintain my oral higiene with pulling, brushing, flossing, and would buy it if it's worth it...

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Thu May 10, 2012 12:03 am

So if I buy some xyotil or toothsoap should I do a salt water rinse after I brush or before? And how long should I gargle for?

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next