Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Exosome Theory and Herpes
No Proof Found That Gum Disease Causes Heart Disease or Stroke EmptyToday at 9:12 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
No Proof Found That Gum Disease Causes Heart Disease or Stroke EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
No Proof Found That Gum Disease Causes Heart Disease or Stroke EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
No Proof Found That Gum Disease Causes Heart Disease or Stroke EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
No Proof Found That Gum Disease Causes Heart Disease or Stroke EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
No Proof Found That Gum Disease Causes Heart Disease or Stroke EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
No Proof Found That Gum Disease Causes Heart Disease or Stroke EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
No Proof Found That Gum Disease Causes Heart Disease or Stroke EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
No Proof Found That Gum Disease Causes Heart Disease or Stroke EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

No Proof Found That Gum Disease Causes Heart Disease or Stroke

+10
theseeker86
tooyoung
Delphine
nidhogge
AS54
CausticSymmetry
ubraj
Espio
a
Hairbeback
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

No Proof Found That Gum Disease Causes Heart Disease or Stroke Empty No Proof Found That Gum Disease Causes Heart Disease or Stroke

Post  Hairbeback Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:50 am

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/04/120418162254.htm

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

No Proof Found That Gum Disease Causes Heart Disease or Stroke Empty Re: No Proof Found That Gum Disease Causes Heart Disease or Stroke

Post  a<r Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:58 am

A fine example of an article worth ignoring.

"When you're going through hell, keep going!" - Winstone Churchill
a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

No Proof Found That Gum Disease Causes Heart Disease or Stroke Empty Re: No Proof Found That Gum Disease Causes Heart Disease or Stroke

Post  Espio Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:12 am

Well, that article is some good news. I can't seem to control my gum disease and I'm glad to know it is not affecting other organs.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:10 am

Espio,

As A < R mentioned, it's kind of a BS article. When you basically comparing sick people against sick people you'll have all sorts of conflicting info out there.

In short, stop the gum disease and you'll regain a good portion of your health. How much depends on the person.

Basically, I've heard it mention 80% of everyone has bleeding gums/gingivitis.

Most everyone has huge amounts of lead in them, which is stored in their bones. Once someone has bone loss health issues will be more complicated as lead is released and other toxins and this lead is one of the reasons for bleeding gums due to scurvy (vitamin C defiency).

The other being the spirochetes which is partly associated with the whole Vitamin D deficiency that has everyone scratching their heads why almost everyone... including those who get lots of sunshine still are Vitamin D deficient.

In short, when someone mentions gum disease the first thing I think is Vitamin D deficient. As we all know Vitamin D deficiency is linked with all these health issues out there. Of course I'd say taking a Vitamin D supplement pill doesn't correct the issue and causes it's own problems but I've talked too much about this before. Smile

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:57 am

If it's not the bleeding gums, it could easily be the hidden infections in the jawbone or an infected tooth, an abscess, a root canal, etc.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:44 am

Think of it like this. If mainstream dental procedures miss, cause, and allow obviously damaging processes to go on in ones mouth, and view that as being "healthy" and safe or otherwise not present, then how could an article written from said perspective possibly yield results that are anything other than biased?

"When you're going through hell, keep going!" - Winstone Churchill
a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:26 pm

Does anyone know of a good soft bristle toothbrush to use so you won't damage your gums or teeth? Thanks.

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:08 pm

I want to find a good biological dentist to assess whether I have problems missed by previous ones, but how does a dentist know if you have an abscess or some type of jaw infection, or maybe old necrotic undescended wisdom teeth in my case?

Can a standard X-ray pick this stuff up, or a CT scan? I'm wondering because I want to know what to ask for when I'm at the appointment. I don't want to suggest these ideas, have them dismissed, and just walk away. I'd like to go in with some idea of what the dentist would do to assess these.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:58 am

One thing that works quite well if you can keep up with it is a combination of flossing and then magnesium oil as a mouthwash for 5-10 minutes. Also, oil pulling for 10-20 minutes when you wake up, though it's a bit tougher to work that into a routine.

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:56 am

anthonyspencer54 wrote:I want to find a good biological dentist to assess whether I have problems missed by previous ones, but how does a dentist know if you have an abscess or some type of jaw infection, or maybe old necrotic undescended wisdom teeth in my case?

Can a standard X-ray pick this stuff up, or a CT scan? I'm wondering because I want to know what to ask for when I'm at the appointment. I don't want to suggest these ideas, have them dismissed, and just walk away. I'd like to go in with some idea of what the dentist would do to assess these.

X-rays will not work. A CT-Scan can work (looking for "hot spots"), however there are safer ways to detect them.

Technology in this area is always changing, some natural dentists use a Cavitat: http://road-to-health.com/dental_osteomyelitis/What_is_a_Cavitat_.html

http://www.immortalhair.org/apps/blog/show/2602828-why-you-should-never-get-a-root-canal

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:28 pm

nidhogge wrote:One thing that works quite well if you can keep up with it is a combination of flossing and then magnesium oil as a mouthwash for 5-10 minutes. Also, oil pulling for 10-20 minutes when you wake up, though it's a bit tougher to work that into a routine.

I just started with magnesium oil. Do you take it straight as a mouthwash or dilute with water? I've brushed my teeth with it diluted 50/50 with water, and the taste sure takes some getting used to. I find oil pulling quite easy to do but it won't always heal mouth infections. I'm using the topical calcium therapy products from Dr. Mark Manhart (found out about that on this board courtesy of CS). That seems to be working well. And today I got Yerba Prima Bentonite Detox, it's in liquid form. I've heard it works well to pull infections out of the mouth so I swished with it the first time today for about ten minutes.
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:32 pm

Hairbeback wrote:Does anyone know of a good soft bristle toothbrush to use so you won't damage your gums or teeth? Thanks.

The toothbrushes from the Calcium Therapy Institute are perfect! http://www.calciumtherapy.com/order/
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:12 pm

I found this very interesting and I'm giving it a try:
http://www.healingteethnaturally.com/rinsing-mouth-brushing-teeth-with-xylitol-sugar.html
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:39 am

Delphine wrote:
I found this very interesting and I'm giving it a try:
http://www.healingteethnaturally.com/rinsing-mouth-brushing-teeth-with-xylitol-sugar.html

I've been doing that for a very long-time and give it two big thumbs up. I would also recommend the occasional use of baking soda or salt though.

And FWIW for others, I've used for years in the past such as NOW but the small amounts of xylitol in traditional toothpaste doesn't contain enough xylitol and why just taking those xylitol packets and opening them up over the toothbrush is much much better.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:24 am

rdkml wrote:

I've been doing that for a very long-time and give it two big thumbs up. I would also recommend the occasional use of baking soda or salt though.

And FWIW for others, I've used for years in the past such as NOW but the small amounts of xylitol in traditional toothpaste doesn't contain enough xylitol and why just taking those xylitol packets and opening them up over the toothbrush is much much better.

As I understand it, you could also just dissolve the xylitol in your mouth first and then brush.
The article says that the xylitol rinsing can even take the place of brushing. Do you agree? And do you suck xylitol a few times a day for a few minutes, as recommended in the article?

Would be interested in any improvements you've had since you've been doing this. I think this could be a real breakthrough for those of us with constant dental issues!
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:44 am

So far from oil pulling and flossing and brushing with some toothpaste from India, which a member here recommened( Thank you) My gums have stop bleeding and aren't as sensitive. I always salt water rinse about 3 times a day name and just started to supplement with Coenzyme 10.

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:50 am

I don't know if rinsing with xylitol would take the place of brushing but it would probably be possible for a water pik with 1:20 solution of chlorox bleach (preferably NSF bleach) to.

I don't suck on xylitol myself but what I'll do is wet the toothbrush. Then pour "a lot" of xylitol over toothbrush. More is better. Then put a couple drops of water on the toothbrush so that it dissolves.

In short, there is a book The Silent Saboteur from Dr. Nordquist that talks about the HUGE importance not just of cavitations and such and mercury fillings but in addressing bleeding gums being EXTREMELY important. That it's partly or greatly responsible for the Vitamin D deficiency epidemic.

Basically that most all standard toothpastes and mouthwashes won't cut it. Xylitol use is not only a breakthrough in fighting these issues but xylitol (or can use salt or baking soda... I prefer xylitol majority of the time) is also a breakthrough in preventing issues from heart disease to diabetes and more.

In the book and online he mentions methods such as salt or baking soda and water pik with 1:20 bleach to water will kill the bacteria responsible for are partly or greatly responsible for many health issues. I would agree IMO.

I also use things such as a super zappicator for my water and ormus which will put in a little electrical charge in the water which inhibits the bacteria and tartar and such on the teeth. They also have similar devices where a magnet is used for a water pik.

Here is a quote from A < R.

"I can't, can't, can't stress enough how important it is for bleeding gums to be addressed. ... I have made some big strides with a fourty dollar water pik from wal mart (say sorry) in fixing my oral situation."

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:50 am

jdp - Is this xylitol suitable and good enough?

http://www.iherb.com/Xlear-Inc-Xclear-XyloSweet-All-Natural-Xylitol-Sweetener-1-lb-454-g/5307

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:09 pm

I'm wondering if you read the article rdkml. Cases were cited of amazing dental healings just with the xylitol rinsing.

Here is the relevant excerpt:

Amazing dental healing success stories, even in "hopeless" situations

As mentioned in the foregoing, the vast majority of the scientific studies validating the effect of xylitol on caries and dental hygiene were conducted using small amounts of xylitol applied to the teeth via chewing gums. This may explain why the additional effects obtained under more intense xylitol use as experienced and reported by Dr. Bruhn and his patients which are listed below, to date have not been discovered resp. described by other researchers.

1. Periodontal disease/periodontitis/gingivitis: excellent healing successes even with dental hygiene program unchanged, periodontal disease halted in its tracks, gingivitis improved enormously.

As shown in years of Dr. Bruhn's practical dental experience, xylitol exerts a pronounced healing effect upon the gums (a university in Asia is currently conducting a scientific study into this effect). All subjects without exception experienced success, the only prerequisite was that they used xylitol 3 to 4 times a day for 3 to 5 minutes each, for 1 to 2 months (and if the standard dose of half a teaspoon wasn't sufficient to reach the desired effect, doubling the xylitol amount did the trick).

Loose teeth became solid again (an unexplainable and unexpected occurrence).

2. Caries and new tooth decay

can be prevented with xylitol. Tooth decay already present next to completely disappears resp. is halted in its tracks (carious processes are stabilized). To make these statements, one year of observation or longer is required however. Tooth decay at the edge of crowns can be prevented or stopped with xylitol as well (but probably not if the carious lesion is under the crown).

3. Dental plaque

If there still is some plaque formation, the plaque is very easily removed.

4. Tooth neck sensitivity

Sensitive tooth necks quickly lost their sensitivity (compare advice re the use of xylitol under "My sensitive tooth necks hurt when I do a xylitol rinse").

5. Tongue

Another positive side effect is that coated tongues recover their healthy pink colour while losing their coating (bacteria will also colonize the tongue which thanks to its many tiny crevices provides an ideal home). Once the tongue is "self-cleaning" in that manner, using a tongue scraper or the daily scrubbing off of coatings are a thing of the past.

6. Breath (morning breath and bad breath in general)

Distinct improvement or complete disappearance (it is particularly effective to follow the above recommendation and go to bed without rinsing the residual xylitol from your mouth [i.e. don't rinse after the nightly toothbrushing or rinsing with xylitol]).

7. Formation of calculus (tartar)

was much reduced.

9. Cleaning of positioners

Positioners which were made to soak in a solution of 10 to 20 percent xylitol for several hours became clean and free of odour. Compare Further helpful xylitol applications.

10. Inflammation following dental implant surgery

Unpleasant (and dangerous) infections surrounding a newly implanted tooth, where all other attempted measures such as Chlorhexidine had failed, successfully responded to xylitol application within just over a week.2

11. Toothbrushing

was no longer of paramount importance for keeping teeth clean.
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:25 pm

tooyoung wrote:jdp - Is this xylitol suitable and good enough?

http://www.iherb.com/Xlear-Inc-Xclear-XyloSweet-All-Natural-Xylitol-Sweetener-1-lb-454-g/5307

I prefer the packets for convenience but yes, any xylitol brand should work I'm if not mistaken.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:37 pm

Delphine wrote:
I'm wondering if you read the article rdkml.

Yeah, I've definitely read that article. There is actually another article on the internet that is similar.

Not sure exactly what you mean as I give xylitol two VERY big thumbs up! Smile I've talked about it on this forum before.

If you mean about me mentioning using xylitol as a rinse possibly not working as well as brushing I think it might be best for me to mention what Dr. Nordquist has talked about in the past. About the importance of getting the substance deep in the gums. As it's in the gums that trillions of spirochetes (a form of bacteria that cause ill health including Vitamin D dysfunction). That you either need to brush the substance into the the gums, push the substance with your fingers deep into the gums or use a water pik to get the substance deep into the gums.

That if you just rinse with the substance, it may not work as well and that I personally wouldn't recommend rinsing with any solution unless with maybe a water pik (perferably Dakin's solution/1:20 bleach) as taking the place of a toothbrush IMO.

So again, one of the secrets is that you have to get the substance deep in the gingival sulcus. This is also one of the reasons why I use to tell people to buy a new toothbrush every week or once their toothbrush "starts" to fray.

If you mean about me mentioning baking soda and salt, then have to keep in mind that nothing really works better than baking soda and salt. Nothing survives it and it has withstood the test of time where people have used it for decades and not had a problem while those on traditional toothpaste most people have a problem.

You see, baking soda will not only kill the pathogens but will also absorb the toxins as well. Salt won't absorb the toxins like baking soda will but will kill the pathogens. The problem with this method is that it is abrasive on the enamel. That's why Xylitol is so nice. While I don't know if it deserves a 10 out of a 10 in performance like baking soda/salt would as it's still early in it's use and these things take time (don't know how well it kills or inhibits the near indestructive "and" pleomorphic/shapeshifting spirochetes), xylitol definitely makes up for it in that it's not abrasive.

If you wish and wondering what spirochetes are, can click "show more" in this youtube video for some info from Dr. Nordquist. Author of the Silent Saboteur.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bApY90Bh9Do
hope this helps

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:11 pm

I'll definitely have to try xylitol, sounds like amazing stuff.

rdkml do you get yours from iherb?

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:22 pm

rdkml wrote:
Not sure exactly what you mean as I give xylitol two VERY big thumbs up! Smile I've talked about it on this forum before.

OK, your first response when I posted the link was: "I've been doing that for a very long-time and give it two big thumbs up"

But from what you've said here, you haven't "done it" in the sense of the rinsing with xylitol as described in the article for a few min a few times a day. So, you can't know whether it would work on its own, without the waterpik, baking soda/salt etc. According to the article, it did work to overcome gum disease, even when people didn't make any other changes in their dental routine. Ulrich Bruhn, who discovered the advantages of the frequent xylitol-rinsing approach, says he himself has used only xylitol for 6 years now, just sucking it. No professional cleanings needed.

Not saying you or anyone else should go that route, of course. And I do appreciate your input. I also agree about the importance of vitamin D. I don't think one can talk about treating
dental issues without looking at the nutritional aspect.
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:48 pm

theseeker86 wrote:sounds like amazing stuff.

rdkml do you get yours from iherb?

Yes, it's also useful internally to help breakup biofilm.

Also, brushing your teeth with it will have a mild whitening effect as the yellow from teeth is actually biofilm.

Dr. K recommends using it in a neti pot. I've tried that a couple times and it does work better.

I get mine locally but you can buy it on iherb. I buy the NOW brand.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:23 pm

The neti pot idea is interesting! Can you describe it a bit more? What amounts of water/xylitol to use?

Here's a really in-depth article on xylitol, apparently there are numerous other benefits!
http://www.vrp.com/xylitol/xylitol-a-sweet-alternative-unique-sweetener-supports-oral-health

Summary of Benefits
Xylitol is a sweet-tasting sugar substitute that has been approved for use in more than 35 countries. Consumption of xylitol is associated with a significant reduction in tooth decay, resulting in fewer cavities and resolution of periodontal disease. Xylitol has been shown to contribute to increased bone density, weight loss, stabilization of blood
sugar and lowering of insulin levels. Additional benefits include:

Increases energy by enhancing ATP production
Increases utilization of fat
Replenishes glycogen
Anabolic — keeps biosynthetic pathways open
Anticatabolic —helps maintain lean muscle mass
Antioxidant —generates NADPH, keeping glutathione in an active state
Increases endurance
Reduces free radical and oxidative damage

Amazing stuff indeed. Very Happy
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next