Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 3 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 3 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 3 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 3 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 3 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 3 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 3 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

+46
hairyshowers
itzmecorey
symbiotic
Isreviro
supermusic
Lawski
valderama
alb_ert
Serge
Johnny Drama
Espio
AS54
abetz85
YAER
alphadelta
Grub
Elephantor
IHtryer
Thin in FL
shaftless
rofl
sanderson
Complexx
chubbfrank
dudebro
forum junkie
SW2
Balthier
marku
Xenon
lutz
ferox
Smurfy
SlowMoe
Hoppipolla
Major_Hairloss
bocor
sizzlinghairs
blahblahblah
TNT
KeepGrowin
bobthebuilder
theseeker86
RisingFist
hairisthickening
gonzalito
50 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 3 Empty Re: Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

Post  gonzalito Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:18 am

ferox wrote:wow! this is amazing!

gonzalito, how do you apply the 20% glyoclic acid? Do you apply it on your scalp and leave over night? Or do you leave it on your scalp just for some time and then wash it off?

can you give us some details about your "method"?
Ferox, I simply appy it on my scalp and leave it overnight or sometimes (if I don´t need to go out) I apply it on morning and leave it 'til the next morning... The acid practically doesn´t leave any residue you have to wash out... Just take the regular bath and wash your hair as always...

Since Monday I´m using the 35% concentration... This morning I did the usual massaging and lot of dead skin peeled off... By the way, I thought 35% would stink or something, but I can barely feel anything, so it´s a wonderful thing, because when this bottle runs out, I´m not afraid to upgrade to a 50%... I´m also wondering about jump (after glycolic 50%) to TCA...

gonzalito

Back to top Go down

Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 3 Empty Re: Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

Post  gonzalito Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:37 am

[quote="hoppipolla"][quote="ferox"][quote="hoppipolla"][quote="lutz"]
gonzalito wrote:Hoppi,

Also, misterE doesn't hint at any kind of hair cutting or shaving being mandatory. I really don't think that throwing things like that in will help anyone. I want the solution to AGA to be simple and accessible. Telling someone to shave all of their hair off is insensitive and counter-productive I think. We are doing this to SAVE our hair. If we can't apply the treatment without shaving it all off then surely the point is significantly diluted o.O
Hoppipolla,

I never said shaving was mandatory... It´s just a simple recommendation to make the process simplier and to also waste less acid... I imagine that applying it with long hair it would take lot of acid to make sure your scalp was completely covered... And you would spend a lot of money on glycolic this way...

gonzalito

Back to top Go down

Post  gonzalito Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:44 am

Here you are some equivalencies:

Glycolic 35% = Lactic 35% = Salicylic 20% = TCA 15%

Glycolic 50% = Lactic 70%

Glycolic 60% = TCA 25%

gonzalito

Back to top Go down

Post  SW2 Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:16 am

hey gonzalito - where did u purchase that massager!?

SW2

Back to top Go down

Post  gonzalito Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:28 am

SW2 wrote:hey gonzalito - where did u purchase that massager!?
SW2,

I bought mine here in where I live (Argentina), but it´s a chinese product, so I guess you could find it anywhere... Here you are some YouTube links to see it in action...

By the way, I forgot to mention that... for non-believers of this theory originally brought by MrEd, it´s curious that even a 35% concentration of glycolic acid didn´t stink a bit on my scalp, while it DID stink a little when trying on my face... So... It makes sense -to me- that this hyperkeratinization built-up is somehow acting as a dead-skin cushion that doesn´t allow my scalp to be very sensitive to the acids...

Perhaps, after several peels and with several layers removed, I´ll start to feel something...

gonzalito

Back to top Go down

Post  bobthebuilder Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:16 pm

Its simple to tell if its working, been saying for years. If the scalp color changes and there is less "shine" this means the scalp condition is changing and expect hair growth.

Congrats on your results!
bobthebuilder
bobthebuilder

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:52 pm

where's cheapest place to buy glycolic and for sacylic acid would simple acne medications work if that's the only ingredient I would think it would be too drying?

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:22 am

gonzalito wrote:Hoppipolla,

I never said shaving was mandatory... It´s just a simple recommendation to make the process simplier and to also waste less acid... I imagine that applying it with long hair it would take lot of acid to make sure your scalp was completely covered... And you would spend a lot of money on glycolic this way...
I actually was considering just getting this and then diluting it with another 500ml of mineral/tap water to get 1 litre of 35% solution:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=321197170736

I think that would work fine. I'm double checking whether this glycolic acid is pure enough for skin use, and I checked and I think mineral/tap water is ok (places don't specify distilled or anything).

A litre of 35% for under £17 isn't bad!!
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gonzalito Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:37 am

[/quote]I actually was considering just getting this and then diluting it with another 500ml of mineral/tap water to get 1 litre of 35% solution:

I think that would work fine. I'm double checking whether this glycolic acid is pure enough for skin use, and I checked and I think mineral/tap water is ok (places don't specify distilled or anything).

A litre of 35% for under £17 isn't bad!![/quote]
It seems good to me, Hoppi! Because later you would could up the concentration without buying again... And maybe someday you could achieve the 60% without problems... Go for it!

gonzalito

Back to top Go down

Post  forum junkie Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:49 am

Which attachment do you use with your massager ?

forum junkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:17 am

That Cool Gonzalito Dude wrote:
Awesome Hoppipolla the Awesome wrote:I actually was considering just getting this and then diluting it with another 500ml of mineral/tap water to get 1 litre of 35% solution:

A litre of 35% for under £17 isn't bad!!
It seems good to me, Hoppi! Because later you would could up the concentration without buying again... And maybe someday you could achieve the 60% without problems... Go for it!
Cool man! Seemed silly to go for the little pokey 50ml bottles xD

Also I don't really mind wasting some glycolic acid, I'd rather that than cut my beloved hair ._.

This should be interesting... Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  RisingFist Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:58 pm

ferox wrote:a scalp peel result:

Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 3 Before_and_after_hair_loss_picture_nice_hair

But this guy used salicylic acid and not glycolic acid. But who cares? different name, same effect I guess.
Where did you find this? I'd like to read that user's experience, etc. Post a link of the source if possible. Thanks

RisingFist

Back to top Go down

Post  gonzalito Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:02 am

Hey, people... I got an update...

Here you are a new pic of my hairline, taken today, exactly a week from last shaving... I´ve had two 35% peelings since last shaving and wondering about upping again, because I don´t feel ANY stink or something... but I DID still getting dead skin with each application...

Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 3 Captur13

Sorry for the quality, it´s a cellphone camera!

gonzalito

Back to top Go down

Post  dudebro Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:40 am

hard to tell any difference just yet, because it hasnt been long and you shaved your head so hairs are of different length... hopefully it will be clear it is work in the near future though

dudebro

Back to top Go down

Post  chubbfrank Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:39 am

gonzalito wrote:Hey, people... I got an update...

Here you are a new pic of my hairline, taken today, exactly a week from last shaving... I´ve had two 35% peelings since last shaving and wondering about upping again, because I don´t feel ANY stink or something... but I DID still getting dead skin with each application...

Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 3 Captur13

Sorry for the quality, it´s a cellphone camera!
Hi gonazlito, I'm really not sure what I'm looking at since there's no description. In your pictures, would you mind pointing out where the news hairs are emerging from?

chubbfrank

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:31 pm

As was mentioned in this thread...

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t9446-detumescence-therapy-dedicated-volunteers-wanted

... I think there may be something to this idea that dead skin (and maaaayyybe sebum too, but probably just dead skin) swells the galea region and makes the head more dome shaped. When I compare people with shaved heads with and without MPB... there does appear to be a difference in how flat or dome -shaped their heads are. Might be worth looking into that more.

I suppose that's what's stretching the galea and choking off bloodflow?
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  gonzalito Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:02 pm

You could be in the right direction, Hoppi... but if that were the case, I wonder how many peeling would take to remove all that dead skin Mad 

gonzalito

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:30 pm

hoppipolla wrote:As was mentioned in this thread...

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t9446-detumescence-therapy-dedicated-volunteers-wanted

... I think there may be something to this idea that dead skin (and maaaayyybe sebum too, but probably just dead skin) swells the galea region and makes the head more dome shaped. When I compare people with shaved heads with and without MPB... there does appear to be a difference in how flat or dome -shaped their heads are. Might be worth looking into that more.

Tight muscles around the scalp is what's tightening the Galea (muscles ate pulling on the Galea.) The Botox study proves it.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:54 pm

i read somewhere that DHT that literally expands the skull out and makes it bigger. there was a guy from propeciahelp forum that was messing with DHT levels and he said he saw noticeable differences in his skull shape before and after messing with the levels.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:55 pm

sanderson wrote:

i read somewhere that DHT that literally expands the skull out and makes it bigger. there was a guy from propeciahelp forum that was messing with DHT levels and he said he saw noticeable differences in his skull shape before and after messing with the levels.
There are people on this forum that contradict themselves by saying something like the DNA appliance, HOMEBLOCK, or NCR/Face Pulling can't grow facial/skull bone after a certain age...... yet some of those same people push this idea of the skull growing "extra bone" lol. I honestly think the whole "skull expansion" thing is just BS. I've seen guys with BIG ass heads having full heads of hair the same way I see people eat nothing but Mcdonalds and smoke ciggs and have full heads of hair.

Moral of the story? We all have tight Galeas that resulted from something.... whether it resulted from poor diet, genetic predisposition, a big head, stress, IDK, but what I do know is that we can loosen our scalps, stimulate the follicles (through Violet Ray & more), replenish the subcutaneous fat (Emu Oil & more), repair blood vessels & capillaries etc. through diet, and REVERSE the whole damn thing. I refuse to believe DHT makes your head bigger. The body is very resilient and I believe all of these secondary factors will not mean shit after we take care of the real problem (tight scalp)
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:46 pm

I dont like the skull expansion theory any more than i like the tight galea theory, but i do feel obliged to point out that the skeleton can change shape. Osteoclasts break down bone cells, and osteoblasts create new ones. obviously genetics and epigenetics goes a long way to direct the formation, however bone damage can also change the shape. I do believe altering testosterone and DHT can alter the shape of ur skull over time. For me its plausible that a Male to female transgender will eventually change the shape of the skull.

also osteophytes or bone spurs can form around damaged bone. Bone can become inflamed because of injury, and also can swell because of changes in the bone marrow. Leukemia can make bones swell up considerably.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:29 pm

sanderson wrote:

That's kind of mental O.O

We'd need x-rays to verify that though, surely...

I really hope it's not true as that sounds worrying irreversible ._.

I think the dead skin theory might make sense too... I dunno.

Ah well I mean, hey if glycolic acid works, then it works!

Additionally, I still suspect that CRH is the reason all of this happens (due to an overly stimulated HPA axis).

Perhaps if we calm the HPA axis and lower CRH, things will be ok again Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:37 am

Oh and erm, I really have my doubts that DHT changes the bone structure of the skull in any way.

Because:

1) Why would it only change the skull? What about all the other bones in the body?

2) How come the pinching exercises in the other thread are reported to make the scalp flatter again like a non-AGA scalp by reducing swelling?
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  shaftless Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:13 pm

In canada we can only get 10% glycolic acid over the counter unless you get a prescription. I'm wondering about salicylic acid. There's only 3% in shampoos. But I'm thinking of experimenting with wart removal liquid lol. I can get a small bottle of it with 17% salicylic acid which is pretty strong for dissolving warts and bunions...but I'm going to dilute it with water down to around 4% hopefully.

shaftless

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:22 pm

RisingFist wrote:
ferox wrote:a scalp peel result:

Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 3 Before_and_after_hair_loss_picture_nice_hair

But this guy used salicylic acid and not glycolic acid. But who cares? different name, same effect I guess.
Where did you find this? I'd like to read that user's experience, etc. Post a link of the source if possible. Thanks
Here:

http://www.nicehair.org/how-i-regrew-my-hair-and-how-you-can-too

The guy claimed to have regrown his hair by decalcifying the scalp, increasing 3 key amino acids, and reducing DHT (which he says causes calcification). He also has an ebook.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next