Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

+46
hairyshowers
itzmecorey
symbiotic
Isreviro
supermusic
Lawski
valderama
alb_ert
Serge
Johnny Drama
Espio
AS54
abetz85
YAER
alphadelta
Grub
Elephantor
IHtryer
Thin in FL
shaftless
rofl
sanderson
Complexx
chubbfrank
dudebro
forum junkie
SW2
Balthier
marku
Xenon
lutz
ferox
Smurfy
SlowMoe
Hoppipolla
Major_Hairloss
bocor
sizzlinghairs
blahblahblah
TNT
KeepGrowin
bobthebuilder
theseeker86
RisingFist
hairisthickening
gonzalito
50 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 2 Empty Re: Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

Post  gonzalito Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:56 am

Hoppi,

With long hair, I find it difficult to make the peeling... I think you should at least try on your receding hairline, assuming you have it... and see what happens there...

I massage for about 7-10 minutes a day, varying the power of vibration of the massager ...

gonzalito

Back to top Go down

Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 2 Empty Re: Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

Post  SlowMoe Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:31 am

gonzalito wrote:Hoppi,

With long hair, I find it difficult to make the peeling... I think you should at least try on your receding hairline, assuming you have it... and see what happens there...

I massage for about 7-10 minutes a day, varying the power of vibration of the massager ...
Do you by chance have an Iphone? Pics taken with flash on from about 8" come out really well. If so do you mind taking pics of your new growth?

Thanks!
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  gonzalito Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:58 am

SlowMoe,

I put a link to a pic in my first post...

Anyway, I shaved my head this morning, in order to start with the 35% on Monday...

As soon as my hair grows a little, I´ll put another picture!

gonzalito

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:32 am

Ah I see, shame about the hair length thing. But thanks for the info on the massager Smile

Also, perhaps this stuff about hyperkeratinization could explain why:

- Not everyone with high sebum levels (such as people who don't wash their hair enough) have "AGA"

- Androgenic treatments like finasteride take some time to show results

- Antifungals like thyme struggle so much to control MPB.

Hm.. Smile

Also, ACV apparently works alright for AGA and it's known that that is so acidic it's possible to use it for burning off moles o.O
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:03 am

Darn, I can't view pics from that site from this computer
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Smurfy Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:56 am

Major_Hairloss wrote:I'm wondering if doing peels + dermarolling is playing with fire?

Has anyone done peels and dermarolled in the same period?

I'm currently trying to - sort of - follow the Indian study with a 1.5mm dermaroller and Minoxidil.
But I seem to recall that Follica used some sort of peeling cream as well (not 100% sure on this).

So, maybe dermarolling + peeling is wonderful..... on the other hand, it might just kill the scalp. Neutral 

Any thoughts?
Wondering the same thing after reading all this... on one hand, the idea of stirring up fibrous sections and gunk via dermaroll, and then dissolving it away with a peel sounds like a great idea to rejuvenate faster, but on the other hand, potentially having the acid travel deep within the skin sounds dangerous and probably painful. Maybe the ideal situation is peeling after a week (or two or three+) of using the roller? Seems like they should be spaced pretty far as to not injure the healing process.
Smurfy
Smurfy

Back to top Go down

Post  gonzalito Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:50 am

Smurfy,

You´re right... I won´t play with wounds and glycolic... Let´s don´t forget we´re talking about an ACID here...

I would try one OR the other, not both... For my point of view, hyperkeratinization makes sense, so I will stay with peelings, going deeper and deeper and see what happens...

SlowMoe,

Here you are the pic from my first post:

Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 2 Captur11

gonzalito

Back to top Go down

Post  Major_Hairloss Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:19 am

Smurfy wrote:
Wondering the same thing after reading all this... on one hand, the idea of stirring up fibrous sections and gunk via dermaroll, and then dissolving it away with a peel sounds like a great idea to rejuvenate faster, but on the other hand, potentially having the acid travel deep within the skin sounds dangerous and probably painful. Maybe the ideal situation is peeling after a week (or two or three+) of using the roller? Seems like they should be spaced pretty far as to not injure the healing process.
IIRC, it takes roughly ten days for the skin to recover from a TCA peel.
So, if you roll every 14th day, its doable, I guess.
A suggestion for a schedule would be this:
Dermaroll Friday, then wait until Monday to apply the TCA peel. Then wait until next Friday till you dermaroll again.
I would definitely not roll shortly after a peel. Its likely better to do the peel shortly after rolling (but give it 3-4 days at least)

My problem, personally, is that I am also on Minoxidil. And I just realised applying minox in those ten days would likely be a very bad idea. The skin is very fragile and 'thin', which should mean the minox would absorb much better than usually. This could be either a very good thing - or a very bad thing (like in having a heart attack).
Major_Hairloss
Major_Hairloss

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:33 pm

wow! this is amazing!

gonzalito, how do you apply the 20% glyoclic acid? Do you apply it on your scalp and leave over night? Or do you leave it on your scalp just for some time and then wash it off?

can you give us some details about your "method"?

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:43 am

Ferox, do you not feel that over time, using your current method would be enough to solve your problem? (brushing, etc?) As mukunda M said, he regrew everything.

Not to hijack this thread, but have your results halted? Could you give a quick update on how you're doing with brushing results wise? (then back to the glycol peel, just a quick detour).

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:02 am

sizzlinghairs wrote:Ferox, do you not feel that over time, using your current method would be enough to solve your problem? (brushing, etc?) As mukunda M said, he regrew everything.

Not to hijack this thread, but have your results halted? Could you give a quick update on how you're doing with brushing results wise? (then back to the glycol peel, just a quick detour).

hey sizzling! well, my method works very well for me, but I am still looking for new ways to regrow hair! And exfoliating is IMO a major in hair regrowth! I am looking for a way to boost my results and to get the hair back which I had when I was a teen Wink

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  lutz Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:20 am

With long hair, I find it difficult to make the peeling...
Dang, so I guess after this is super effective, you'll have to go through a period of re-balding in order to start the regrowth process again?

lutz

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:23 am

lutz wrote:

Dang, so I guess after this is super effective, you'll have to go through a period of re-balding in order to start the regrowth process again?
I'm sure it's possible to peel skin even with hair there.. it just must be o.O
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:49 am

hoppipolla wrote:
lutz wrote:

just shave it off dude

@Gonzalito: Please give us your peelinginstructions in detail!

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:57 am

MisterE created a thread about this on another hairloss forum a couple of years ago. It extends to 23 pages, so you might find it of further interest:

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=97393&STARTPAGE=1&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  marku Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:21 pm

This original extract was written by misterE on hairlosshelp a few years back, there is no science to back up his claim that hyper keratinization also exists in MPB affected follicles. There is also no study backing up his claim that acne and MPB work through the same method. They have similarities, yes, but that is much different. Lastly no studies on glycolic acids effect on hair or MPB. If anyone can provide references and prove me wrong, I'd be delighted.

marku

Back to top Go down

Post  marku Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:22 pm

Gonzalito, now that its been more than a week since your original post could you provide an updated photo to see how much further those baby hairs have grown?

Cheers

marku

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:54 pm

ferox wrote:
hoppipolla wrote:
lutz wrote:

just shave it off dude

@Gonzalito: Please give us your peelinginstructions in detail!
I still have very long hair though. Shaving it all off just isn't an option for me, it would result in a huge, huge change of appearance and everything, it would be like sacrificing part of who I am o.O

I would need to buy a wig if I did that...

Xenon wrote:MisterE created a thread about this on another hairloss forum a couple of years ago. It extends to 23 pages, so you might find it of further interest:

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=97393&STARTPAGE=1&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear
Very, very interesting. I am 99% sure that he is not completely correct (especially as many men with MPB have HIGH SHBG not low) but I do think he is well along the right lines, as we all are with a lot of what we say such as the Galea, bloodflow, DHT, 5ar, sebum, skin and all of these things.

We are so close to working this out completely that it's insane! Smile

Anyway erm, seems misterE did a lot of fascinating research into this and personally the basic mechanism makes sense to me and explains a lot.

When I'm out of GSE (or maybe sooner), I think I'll switch to glycolic acid.

Also, misterE doesn't hint at any kind of hair cutting or shaving being mandatory. I really don't think that throwing things like that in will help anyone. I want the solution to AGA to be simple and accessible. Telling someone to shave all of their hair off is insensitive and counter-productive I think. We are doing this to SAVE our hair. If we can't apply the treatment without shaving it all off then surely the point is significantly diluted o.O
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:51 pm

a scalp peel result:

Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 2 Before_and_after_hair_loss_picture_nice_hair

But this guy used salicylic acid and not glycolic acid. But who cares? different name, same effect I guess.

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:28 pm

ferox wrote:a scalp peel result:

Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 2 Before_and_after_hair_loss_picture_nice_hair

But this guy used salicylic acid and not glycolic acid. But who cares? different name, same effect I guess.
i can't see the photo

TNT

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:16 pm

me neither? Off topic kinda, but maybe that's why some people recommend rooibos since it contains alpha hydroxy acid I wonder if it would work topically.

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:09 pm

here:

Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 2 Before10

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:34 pm

ferox wrote:here:

I've heard of success with salicylic too Smile

But, what about the factor of glycolic being an alpha-hydroxy acid? I don't even really know the full extent of what that means yet but... is salicylic one? o.O
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:35 pm

hoppipolla wrote:

But, what about the factor of glycolic being an alpha-hydroxy acid? I don't even really know the full extent of what that means yet but... is salicylic one? o.O

I have no clue bro! But I think it doesn't matter at all which kind of chemical peeling you use, its just about getting rid of the OLD skin!

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:51 am

ferox wrote:
hoppipolla wrote:

I have no clue bro! But I think it doesn't matter at all which kind of chemical peeling you use, its just about getting rid of the OLD skin!
Hm, yeah that makes sense.

I'll learn about that alpha-hydroxy thing though Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next