Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 4 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 4 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 4 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 4 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 4 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 4 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 4 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 4 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

+46
hairyshowers
itzmecorey
symbiotic
Isreviro
supermusic
Lawski
valderama
alb_ert
Serge
Johnny Drama
Espio
AS54
abetz85
YAER
alphadelta
Grub
Elephantor
IHtryer
Thin in FL
shaftless
rofl
sanderson
Complexx
chubbfrank
dudebro
forum junkie
SW2
Balthier
marku
Xenon
lutz
ferox
Smurfy
SlowMoe
Hoppipolla
Major_Hairloss
bocor
sizzlinghairs
blahblahblah
TNT
KeepGrowin
bobthebuilder
theseeker86
RisingFist
hairisthickening
gonzalito
50 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 4 Empty Re: Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

Post  Hoppipolla Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:45 pm

shaftless wrote:In canada we can only get 10% glycolic acid over the counter unless you get a prescription. I'm wondering about salicylic acid. There's only 3% in shampoos. But I'm thinking of experimenting with wart removal liquid lol. I can get a small bottle of it with 17% salicylic acid which is pretty strong for dissolving warts and bunions...but I'm going to dilute it with water down to around 4% hopefully.
You can't get a higher strength on eBay? Really? I could find up to 70% and there are other sites selling it.

Xenon - About calcification.. I dunno. That's different to hyperkeratinization...

I mean, if glycolic acid works then it works. It's very hard to pinpoint EXACTLY what's causing this build-up around the follicles without studying it.

It makes me suspicious of that guy talking about calcification that he's:

a) Charging for it

and

b) Implying that amino acids and blood supply are important. Surely if the problem is calcification then just targeting the calcium is enough.

I have no idea how calcification is removed, or whether it's an issue here or not o.O

Oh, is ferox right that he used salicylic acid? Hm.

And this is interesting:

It seems to suggest that glycolic acid is the most popular, the easiest to use and the most effective.

I'm not sure if there is a property of salicylic that makes it more effective in certain circumstances.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glycolic_acid (it's an alpha hydroxy acid)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salicylic_acid (it's a beta hydroxy acid)
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 4 Empty Re: Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

Post  Xenon Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:02 pm

Yeh, Hoppi, I'm trying to find out as much as I can about decalcifying the scalp.

Oh and as for the ketodiet, although I feel really good on it, I've been suffering from ketoacidosis specifically in my scalp. It's been causing inflammation. I've remedied it to an extent by breathing more to restore pH, and massaging the affected areas, and adding a little more carbohydrate to my diet, but there's still some low grade inflammation present and no doubt I'll start shedding soon enough.

Cannot win!
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Thin in FL Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:14 am

I'm adding 20% glycolic acid to my routine.
I have spaced my peels 3 days apart, and wow does it burn like a mo-fo with progressive peels (especially during/after a shower). Obviously the skin is still recovering/regenerating thus subsequent applications will 'burn' more.
I think the guy who got this thread rolling does it every two days.
I wonder what the optimal spacing is between peels... scalp is on fire right now.

Thin in FL

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:35 am

http://www.dissertationtopic.net/doc/594751
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  gonzalito Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:47 am

Thin in FL wrote:I'm adding 20% glycolic acid to my routine.
I have spaced my peels 3 days apart, and wow does it burn like a mo-fo with progressive peels (especially during/after a shower). Obviously the skin is still recovering/regenerating thus subsequent applications will 'burn' more.
I think the guy who got this thread rolling does it every two days.
I wonder what the optimal spacing is between peels...  scalp is on fire right now.
ThinInFL,

Yeah, I do it every other day, but it´s a matter of experimentation... My scalp seems to be very resilient to the acid... Even with a 35% concentration, it doesn´t stink at all... I´ve just ordered some TC 25% from eBay.... That will be the next step!

By the way, are you massaging to get the dead skin off?

gonzalito

Back to top Go down

Post  SW2 Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:56 pm

on the band wagon! i've ordered the 20% solution.. now just need to find a similar massage tool to remove the dead skin.. any recommendations guys? i live in Canada..

SW2

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:39 pm

I'm not convinced that massaging is 100% essential. MisterE claims results and he didn't do it.

I'm not saying it doesn't help, all I'm saying is that there's no point over-complicating something. If simply using glycolic acid on the scalp alone does work, then anything else is an optional extra to stand a chance of improving results, but will not make or break them Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  gonzalito Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:23 am

SW2 wrote:on the band wagon! i've ordered the 20% solution.. now just need to find a similar massage tool to remove the dead skin.. any recommendations guys?  i live in Canada..
SW2,

I´ve just found these on eBay Canada:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-Professional-Body-Sculptor-relax-tone-massage-/200951325932?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&var=&hash=item2ec9a1e4ec

Regards!

gonzalito

Back to top Go down

Post  gonzalito Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:27 am

hoppipolla wrote:I'm not convinced that massaging is 100% essential. MisterE claims results and he didn't do it.

I'm not saying it doesn't help, all I'm saying is that there's no point over-complicating something. If simply using glycolic acid on the scalp alone does work, then anything else is an optional extra to stand a chance of improving results, but will not make or break them Smile
Hoppi,

My approach to using the massager is just to fasten the fall of dead skin... Besides that, last year I´ve had good results with massaging alone... I´m a firm believer in the theory of tight galea, especially when you suffer stress, have a poor sleep (cheap mattress and pillow too), etc... Neck contractures certainly climb to the galea...

gonzalito

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:47 am

hoppipolla wrote:I'm not convinced that massaging is 100% essential. MisterE claims results and he didn't do it.

Some people that have "less tight" scalp regions can experience hair regrowth from almost anything since they're still getting some pretty decent blood flow up there.When it's too tight you are doomed. This acid alone does not work.

Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:28 pm

gonzalito wrote:

Hoppi,

My approach to using the massager is just to fasten the fall of dead skin... Besides that, last year I´ve had good results with massaging alone... I´m a firm believer in the theory of tight galea, especially when you suffer stress, have a poor sleep (cheap mattress and pillow too), etc... Neck contractures certainly climb to the galea...
Oh I totally agree with the Galea being the cause of MPB too Smile

But I do think that one thing leads to another.

So like, DHT is increased in tissues, and due to the reduced bloodflow in the Galea region naturally (I do not believe it gets tighter or at least not at this point), DHT interacts with that region differently and causes skin build-up and sebum, and then infection.

The skin build-up I think could in theory cause the Galea to be more taught, but... I dunno, sounds a bit unnecessary as a hypothesis to me, especially when you consider that hyperkeratinization alone can explain the "tight" appearance of the Galea.

Again, I'm a fan of not overcomplicating things!

With this in mind, glycolic acid alone should easily work as long as the skin is being shed fast enough.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see the results of different people Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:09 pm

hoppipolla wrote:
gonzalito wrote:

Hoppi,

Oh I totally agree with the Galea being the cause of MPB too Smile

But I do think that one thing leads to another.

So like, DHT is increased in tissues, and due to the reduced bloodflow in the Galea region naturally (I do not believe it gets tighter or at least not at this point), DHT interacts with that region differently and causes skin build-up and sebum, and then infection.

The skin build-up I think could in theory cause the Galea to be more taught, but... I dunno, sounds a bit unnecessary as a hypothesis to me, especially when you consider that hyperkeratinization alone can explain the "tight" appearance of the Galea.

Again, I'm a fan of not overcomplicating things!

With this in mind, glycolic acid alone should easily work as long as the skin is being shed fast enough.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see the results of different people Smile
Have you read the 2 studies where they successfully loosened the Galea and hair loss was reversed? Galea gets tight -> Hypoxia -> DHT increases etc. etc. etc. It has been already well established that one thing leads to another. It has also been established that the Galea gets tight (subjects in the Botox study did not perform scalp massage) so I mean idk. Like I said before, I believe you can def. see hair regrowth if the tightness is not that severe. If you do decide to try please keep us updated. Very Happy 
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:01 pm

Complexx wrote:
Have you read the 2 studies where they successfully loosened the Galea and hair loss was reversed? Galea gets tight -> Hypoxia -> DHT increases etc. etc. etc. It has been  already well established that one thing leads to another. It has also been established that the Galea gets tight (subjects in the Botox study did not perform scalp massage) so I mean idk. Like I said before, I believe you can def. see hair regrowth if the tightness is not that severe. If you do decide to try please keep us updated. Very Happy 
Thing is erm, for example, in my case my MPB coincided precisely with an increase in body hair. I find it hard to believe that at the same time there was ALSO an increase in Galea tightness. Why would this happen? Surely my Galea has always been at the same tightness?

One could argue that stress hormones tighten it... maybe. I just feel that it's more likely that the Galea is naturally tense in everyone (maybe to varying degrees) and that lowers bloodflow there significantly to cause issues when DHT-promoting enzymes are increased.

I mean, hey, it doesn't really matter too much because we pretty much agree anyway. I just think that peeling alone SHOULD work, as I think it's "downstream" from the tight Galea and closer to the actual problem (skin, oil, infection).

I dunno like, let's see, eh? Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  IHtryer Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:43 pm

Hoppi, gonazlito - I'm thinking of trying this out as well so a couple quick questions:
1. Are you guys applying the Glycolic Acid at night & letting it stay overnight(whether at 20%, 35% or other concentrations) or is this only supposed to be on the head for say 15-20 minutes before showering?
2. Also, do you think this will fair for people with hair as opposed to buzzed cut? I've regular 3/4-1" hair and plan to apply it to only the receding areas.

IHtryer

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:16 am

IHtryer wrote:

Hoppi, gonazlito - I'm thinking of trying this out as well so a couple quick questions:
1. Are you guys applying the Glycolic Acid at night & letting it stay overnight(whether at 20%, 35% or other concentrations) or is this only supposed to be on the head for say 15-20 minutes before showering?
2. Also, do you think this will fair for people with hair as opposed to buzzed cut? I've regular 3/4-1" hair and plan to apply it to only the receding areas.
well, I'm a noob like you lol

I'm going to order mine... probably tomorrow. I'll grab the 70%, dilute it 50/50 with purified water and then... hm. Maybe apply every 1-2 days. I don't know how long to leave it though...
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:35 am

Right! I have collected together all of the relevant quotes from that misterE thread Smile

Sorry if some are a tad broken, I was grabbing them quite quickly.

topical alpha-hydroxy-acids (I personally use glycolic-acid-50%) or maybe even topical-retinoids. I also suggest purchasing a nylon-bristle-brush and brushing the scalp to help exfoliate all the corneocytes off.
After I applied the glycolic-acid (and let it sit for about 24-hours) I had so much dead-skin that came off, I honestly couldn't believe my eyes, I was in utter disbelief to say the least. I weighted it to give people a visual image of how much skin came off.
I've tried both Retin-A and glycolic-acid. Retin-A didn't seem to exfoliate at all. The glycolic-acid on the other hand, caused massive amounts of exfoliation. I think that retinoids are more effective internally compared to topically and more effective in the sense that they prevent any further hyperkeratinization from taking place. Vegetables (carrots, sweet-potatoes and leafy-green-vegetables especially) provide retinoids in the form of carotenoids.
I never said this diet would regrow hair. What I said was that this diet would prevent any further hyperkeratinization from taking place. For actually regrowth, I suggest glycolic-acid topically.
I use glycolic-acid-50% which I get from this website: http://www.skinlaboratory.com/glycolic-acid-50
My advice: keep IGF-1 low by eating beans, grains and lots of vegetables, combined with exercise. Use glycolic-acid to reverse the hyperkeratinization that has already taken place
But in no way does Dr. Bronners peppermint soap exfoliate as good as glycolic acid-50%. But I still do recommend it as a shampoo, body-wash, toothpaste, shaving cream and hand-soap.
Diet won't reverse the hyperkeratosis already present. But changing your diet can prevent anymore hyperkeratinization from taking place.
I'm convinced that my type of diet will help restore hormone-balance and prevent the progression of MPB hormonally. Regrowth is another matter (in which I suggest glycolic-acid-50% applyied topically).
misterE's regimen:

1. Eat only vegetables, whole-grains and beans
2. Drink only water or organic green-tea.
3. Exercise.
4. Get plenty of sunshine exposure on the body.
5. Intermediate fasting.
6. Apply glycolic-acid to the scalp.
I think that sebum and inflammation are secondary to the hyperkeratinization. Without hyperkeratinization, the sebum (and the hair follicle itself) is not trapped beneath the corneocytes. Without trapped sebum, P.Acnes does not grow. And it is the P.Acnes that directly cause the inflammation. In my opinion, hyperkeratinization is the primary factor... everything else is secondary. Lowering free-IGF-1 thru diet and exercise and using exfoliates topically (like glycolic-acid and bristle-brushes) seem to be the most effective way to promote actual regrowth.
All very interesting stuff if you ask me Smile

Perhaps DHT does not increase sebum, but instead just causes hyperkeratinization? That would explain absolutely everything...

-- It even explains why ACV is reported to often work topically for AGA/MPB.
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Elephantor Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:59 am

Hi, I am new. I have been browsing many hair loss forums lately, and I have been following various threads, including this one.

gonzalito wrote:I´ve just ordered some TC 25% from eBay.... That will be the next step!
Something I read on a dermaroller thread on another forum:

One experience I wanted to share (and I actually shared on another forum) was that about 10 years ago I had a bad case of acne so was given a TCA peel to clear up some marks. My skin peeled like crazy, but I will never forget that I got amazing growth where some of the TCA was applied to my temple, but that it wasn't permament growth. Granted I was only given ONE PEEL, so I've always wondered if the growth might have been permament if I had received more. Maybe we are on to something.. here's to hoping!

Elephantor

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:46 am

Elephantor wrote:Hi, I am new. I have been browsing many hair loss forums lately, and I have been following various threads, including this one.

gonzalito wrote:I´ve just ordered some TC 25% from eBay.... That will be the next step!

One experience I wanted to share (and I actually shared on another forum) was that about 10 years ago I had a bad case of acne so was given a TCA peel to clear up some marks. My skin peeled like crazy, but I will never forget that I got amazing growth where some of the TCA was applied to my temple, but that it wasn't permament growth. Granted I was only given ONE PEEL, so I've always wondered if the growth might have been permament if I had received more. Maybe we are on to something.. here's to hoping!
well, there we go lol Smile

I wonder what acid they used for it... probs glycolic?
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  gonzalito Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:07 pm

Hoppi,

TCA stands for TRICHLOROACETIC ACID... It´s an acid far more potent than glycolic... In high concentrations, it´s used to help remove tattoos Shocked 

gonzalito

Back to top Go down

Post  gonzalito Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:09 pm

Elephantor wrote:Hi, I am new. I have been browsing many hair loss forums lately, and I have been following various threads, including this one.

Elephantor,

Good to hear that! By the way, can you remember the % of your TCA peeling? Did it stink?

gonzalito

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:48 pm

gonzalito wrote:Hoppi,

TCA stands for TRICHLOROACETIC ACID... It´s an acid far more potent than glycolic... In high concentrations, it´s used to help remove tattoos Shocked 
Oh ok Smile

I just looked up TCA Peel and Wikipedia just gave the entry for "Chemical Peel" so I assumed it was an umbrella term. Oops!

Ah well, I don't think it matters which acid/method is used to remove the keratin as long as it works.
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Grub Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:19 pm

Can anyone find a good massage tool there seems to be an abundance of them?

Grub

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:17 pm

I just did my first peeling with 20% glycolic acid on my right temple and holy shit... I just rubbed my finger over that part and a lot of dead skin came off! great stuff! I will shave my head and apply it all over my scalp Very Happy

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  gonzalito Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:15 am

ferox wrote:I just did my first peeling with 20% glycolic acid on my right temple and holy shit... I just rubbed my finger over that part and a lot of dead skin came off! great stuff! I will shave my head and apply it all over my scalp Very Happy
Good to hear that, ferox! Keep us updated!

gonzalito

Back to top Go down

Post  Grub Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:00 pm

Are you guys using medical grade or cosmetic grade glycolic acid??

Grub

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next