Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 7 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 7 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 7 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 7 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 7 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 7 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 7 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 7 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

+46
hairyshowers
itzmecorey
symbiotic
Isreviro
supermusic
Lawski
valderama
alb_ert
Serge
Johnny Drama
Espio
AS54
abetz85
YAER
alphadelta
Grub
Elephantor
IHtryer
Thin in FL
shaftless
rofl
sanderson
Complexx
chubbfrank
dudebro
forum junkie
SW2
Balthier
marku
Xenon
lutz
ferox
Smurfy
SlowMoe
Hoppipolla
Major_Hairloss
bocor
sizzlinghairs
blahblahblah
TNT
KeepGrowin
bobthebuilder
theseeker86
RisingFist
hairisthickening
gonzalito
50 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 7 Empty Re: Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

Post  YAER Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:50 pm

The galea does but the skin gets thin portraying the galea as even more tight...Google some bald people images and observe how the skin above the galea is very thin and not thick like believed here.

YAER

Back to top Go down

Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 7 Empty Re: Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

Post  gonzalito Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:53 am

Elephantor wrote:Gonzalito, just out of curiosity.... like how many milliliters of acid do you use for peel?...
Elephantor... I don´t know exactly... I just pour several drops on my -shave- scalp and try to distribute it all over... But my first 20% bottle of 30ml lasted FOREVER...

I assume the roll-on form would be nice to apply it, and also you can use less acid than the ordinary form of applying...

gonzalito

Back to top Go down

Post  alb_ert Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:35 am

Hello everyone. I just signed up but I'm present in other forums.

I'm currently experimenting with dermarolling. However, this thread caught my attention. I cannot shave my head, but I have almost slick bald temples and would like to try this there. Would you recommend it?

I tolerate Minoxidil 5% well, which contains PG. What do you think it could be a reasonable concentration for my temples?

alb_ert

Back to top Go down

Post  gonzalito Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:44 am

alb_ert wrote:Hello everyone. I just signed up but I'm present in other forums.

I'm currently experimenting with dermarolling. However, this thread caught my attention. I cannot shave my head, but I have almost slick bald temples and would like to try this there. Would you recommend it?

I tolerate Minoxidil 5% well, which contains PG. What do you think it could be a reasonable concentration for my temples?
Start with 20-25%...

gonzalito

Back to top Go down

Post  gonzalito Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:53 am

OMG... TCA 25% is unbelievable!

I received it yesterday and put it before bedtime... It burns a little, but totally tolerable... This morning, I get my massage as always...

With just one night, a LOT of dead-skin felt off... Apart from what felt off, a lot of dead skin was left of my scalp, as you can see in the pictures... I needed another massage and a shower to leave my scalp clean...

Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 7 <a href=Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 7 Pelada10
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 7 <a href=Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 7 Pelada11" />

gonzalito

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:57 am

Wow nice, I'm using glycolic acid 50% from skin laboratories, i also got their BHA which is supposed to be a step up from the glycolic acid but I haven't tried that one yet.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  SW2 Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:11 am

how long are you guys leaving the acid on your scalp? my scalp is flaking, but it is also tender and i do have a few small areas where it is scabbing as well.. normal?

SW2

Back to top Go down

Post  gonzalito Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:05 pm

SW2,

I leave the acid all night, despite the concentration and acid type... Maybe when reaching the TCA 50% concentration, I should leave it only for some minutes...

gonzalito

Back to top Go down

Post  valderama Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:29 am

this product contains 14% 'glycolic compound.'

http://www.aquaglycolic.com/products-body.html

This review may be of interest:

"I have used this product before and it seems to keep my hair from falling out so much .I actually know a man that was bald on top and after using this for a while he really had fuzz ( real short hair ) where he had been bald .They don't advertise that the Aqua Glycolic shampoo will do this but I saw it for myself."

http://www.drugstore.com/aqua-glycolic-shampoo-and-body-cleanser/qxp154083?catid=184087#pr-header-back-to-top-link

valderama

Back to top Go down

Post  gonzalito Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:54 am

valderama wrote:this product contains 14% 'glycolic compound.'

"I have used this product before and it seems to keep my hair from falling out so much .I actually know a man that was bald on top and after using this for a while he really had fuzz ( real short hair ) where he had been bald .They don't advertise that the Aqua Glycolic shampoo will do this but I saw it for myself."

http://www.drugstore.com/aqua-glycolic-shampoo-and-body-cleanser/qxp154083?catid=184087#pr-header-back-to-top-link
valderama,

If you want to try skin peeling, go straight for the acid... It keeps on working for DAYS...

My scap is still peeling since the day I put those photos... It was just ONE TCA 25% peeling... I´m planning to do the next one in about a week...

gonzalito

Back to top Go down

Post  bobthebuilder Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:39 pm

gonzalito wrote:
valderama wrote:this product contains 14% 'glycolic compound.'

valderama,

If you want to try skin peeling, go straight for the acid... It keeps on working for DAYS...

My scap is still peeling since the day I put those photos... It was just ONE TCA 25% peeling... I´m planning to do the next one in about a week...
has anyone looked into excess peeling causing hardening of the skin (scarring) or the effect of skin peels daily or weekly?
bobthebuilder
bobthebuilder

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawski Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:59 pm

So guys, could we have an update from all the persons that have been peeling their scalp with GA ?

How much people here are trying this at the present time ?

I'm going to order a bottle of GA via skinlaboratory.com (link given by MisterE)
How should I mix it and how much should I apply ? This one is a 100ml bottle of 50% GA.

This all makes a lot of sense to me, I recently shaved my hair and indeed observed some dead skin build up. I've been putting a lot of ACV, MSM and essential oils on my scalp (TeaTree, Garlic) and I thought this seemed to build new layers of waste on my head.

Definitely giving a try in the peeling. Seems to be a key element in our regimen. Thanks for your updates.

Lawski

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawski Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:48 pm

I've been reading some MisterE posts about the Glycolic acid. He said he's doing it once every 5/6 months ! Are you guys sure about not doing anything excessive ?

Lawski

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:04 am

Last I spoke to MisterE, privately by e-mail, he told me he had done 5 peels with the glycolic acid 50%, each 1 week apart. And he was getting great results with it.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawski Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:40 am

I received my 30% glycolic acid today. It's not pure but in gel with propylene glycol and I don't like it. BS product in France as always.
Anyway I tried couple of hours ago and scalp is not flaking so far. It burned a bit my skin right next to the temples so it's working. What's wrong ? I applied a moderate amount.

Lawski

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:30 am

For me, when I leave it in for the day and take a shower the following day, something about that hot water gets the dead skin to come off very easy just scratching my head with my nails.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  bobthebuilder Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:03 pm

http://www.babyfoot.com.au what do you think?
bobthebuilder
bobthebuilder

Back to top Go down

Post  gonzalito Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:23 pm

Lawski wrote:I received my 30% glycolic acid today. It's not pure but in gel with propylene glycol and I don't like it. BS product in France as always.
Anyway I tried couple of hours ago and scalp is not flaking so far. It burned a bit my skin right next to the temples so it's working. What's wrong ? I applied a moderate amount.
Maybe your scalp is resistant as mine (or maybe we have TOO MUCH waste buildup), so wait some days to see if the flaking begins... Anyway, it seems you could tolerate something stronger... Nowadays, I´m on TCA 25%...

gonzalito

Back to top Go down

Post  valderama Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:43 am

I have applied 30% glycolic acid 3 times now with no evidence of any reaction on my scalp, interestingly I have had small areas of flaking on my face where a minute amount of solution must have migrated to. Maybe I should go up to 50% aswell.

valderama

Back to top Go down

Post  gonzalito Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:06 pm

valderama wrote:I have applied 30% glycolic acid 3 times now with no evidence of any reaction on my scalp, interestingly I have had small areas of flaking on my face where a minute amount of solution must have migrated to. Maybe I should go up to 50% aswell.
It´s similar to my case, so if I were you I'd jump to glycolic 70% or TCA 25%...

Regards!

gonzalito

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:51 am

A lil warning from Hoppi... DO NOT GET GLYCOLIC ACID IN YOUR EYES!! Smile

I got some... probably worked out at about 17% solution in my right eye... I rinsed it lots and lots and it went red so I went to the Minor Injuries at the hospital and they rinsed it and checked it and said it's ok... but DO be careful! I have heard pretty bad stories about glycolic acid in eyes on Google!

I think my eye will be ok. But this is just me throwing in a little cautionary post!

How do you guys avoid this problem? Is it because you use creams and have shaven heads or something? I was using liquid to get it through my long hair. I even wore goggles haha, but I still got some in there Sad

Perhaps putting it in shampoo at a much milder concentration is best.. I dunno. Or maybe just always using v low concentrations in general.

How do you guys avoid this problem?
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  supermusic Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:52 pm

hoppipolla wrote:A lil warning from Hoppi... DO NOT GET GLYCOLIC ACID IN YOUR EYES!! Smile

I got some... probably worked out at about 17% solution in my right eye... I rinsed it lots and lots and it went red so I went to the Minor Injuries at the hospital and they rinsed it and checked it and said it's ok... but DO be careful! I have heard pretty bad stories about glycolic acid in eyes on Google!

I think my eye will be ok. But this is just me throwing in a little cautionary post!

How do you guys avoid this problem? Is it because you use creams and have shaven heads or something? I was using liquid to get it through my long hair. I even wore goggles haha, but I still got some in there Sad

Perhaps putting it in shampoo at a much milder concentration is best.. I dunno. Or maybe just always using v low concentrations in general.

How do you guys avoid this problem?
Use a band around your head to avoid the liquid slide to your face and eyes.

supermusic

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:11 pm

supermusic wrote:
Use a band around your head to avoid the liquid slide to your face and eyes.

Ah you clever devil!

That's not a bad idea. More intelligent than my way of using swimming goggles, simply because it absorbs.

My concern about lowering the concentration and/or putting it in shampoo to spare eyes is that it may simply not be strong enough to do the job by that point.

The nurses and doctors and that at the hospital were a bit confused as to why I was mixing up glycolic acid and putting it on my scalp ._.

They also said they could smell it lol

It was just a cock up on my part. There's a very, very high chance my eye would have been 100% fine even without rushing down to the hospital (I rinsed it thoroughly and after all it was only about 17%, plus it's apparently water-soluble and shouldn't be too bad if accidentally gotten in the eye at least compared to some things like alkaline solutions, etc), but I thought better safe than sorry.

If anybody else has ideas, better or worse than the band, please let me/us know.

Also, seeing that guy (is it you?) peel off his 'hair' was a bit... yeah! Never really seen that before.

Espio wrote:For me, when I leave it in for the day and take a shower the following day, something about that hot water gets the dead skin to come off very easy just scratching my head with my nails.
Yeah I thought that might help actually, hair washing. That's good you had success with showering afterwards.

Probably the better the shampoo/soap is the more that will pull off as well.
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Grub Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:31 pm

What the hell is going on in that video??

Grub

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:31 pm

Grub wrote:What the hell is going on in that video??
I'm guessing he's using one of those "hair system" things... like the ones that stick to your head with a strong adhesive, and maybe that stuff he squirted in is to loosen it?

I'm not totally sure.
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next