Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 8 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 8 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 8 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 8 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 8 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 8 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 8 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 8 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

+46
hairyshowers
itzmecorey
symbiotic
Isreviro
supermusic
Lawski
valderama
alb_ert
Serge
Johnny Drama
Espio
AS54
abetz85
YAER
alphadelta
Grub
Elephantor
IHtryer
Thin in FL
shaftless
rofl
sanderson
Complexx
chubbfrank
dudebro
forum junkie
SW2
Balthier
marku
Xenon
lutz
ferox
Smurfy
SlowMoe
Hoppipolla
Major_Hairloss
bocor
sizzlinghairs
blahblahblah
TNT
KeepGrowin
bobthebuilder
theseeker86
RisingFist
hairisthickening
gonzalito
50 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 8 Empty Re: Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

Post  Espio Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:52 pm

I just put a little bit on one hand, and then use that hand to rub the 50% into my scalp, never had a problem of getting it in my eyes.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 8 Empty Re: Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

Post  supermusic Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:04 pm

hoppipolla wrote:
Grub wrote:What the hell is going on in that video??
I'm guessing he's using one of those "hair system" things... like the ones that stick to your head with a strong adhesive, and maybe that stuff he squirted in is to loosen it?

I'm not totally sure.
i

Yes , It shows a hair system user removing his partial piece. It´s not me!

supermusic

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:08 pm

I went down to this cool fabric shop in the city where I live and bought an actual long strip of soft, cotton towel! lol

It's so weird, it's actually a looooong strip of white, fluffy towel!

I figured the band I made before for scrunching the galea was not absorbent enough, so I went back to the same shop where they have HUGE reels of fabrics, and asked if they had anything highly absorbent like towel material. And they did!

So, I bought the thinnest strip of it they sold (which I think was 20cm, so still nicely thick) and it's mega long so I can just tie it behind my head.

Perfect!!
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gonzalito Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:43 pm

So, people, how´s the peeling going? Any results to report?

gonzalito

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:06 am

gonzalito wrote:So, people, how´s the peeling going? Any results to report?
I haven't started just yet, but I had a question.

Anyone else finding that they are getting more dead skin in OTHER parts of the body too, not just their scalp, since the hormonal imbalance (high tissue DHT)?

Like... I'm SURE I've got way, way more dead skin build up on my feet now. Also, I've been getting some itching, and I heard that people can have a fair amount of dead skin all over their bodies... seems to be more prominent in older people?

Perhaps it's not just the scalp that's affected by this...
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:47 am

Ok I just put some 20-30% on my scalp (I mixed it myself so I don't know the exact %) and damn it burns! Is this normal/ok? It really does burn... Shocked

EDIT -- Phew it's finally decreasing now. That was really pretty strong/bad. I might dilute it more for next time. I think mine is about 25%. I wonder why it felt so unpleasant.
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  alphadelta Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:16 am

hoppipolla wrote:Ok I just put some 20-30% on my scalp (I mixed it myself so I don't know the exact %) and damn it burns! Is this normal/ok? It really does burn... Shocked

EDIT -- Phew it's finally decreasing now. That was really pretty strong/bad. I might dilute it more for next time. I think mine is about 25%. I wonder why it felt so unpleasant.
hows the peel going for your long hair hoppi?

alphadelta

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:51 am

alphadelta wrote:
hoppipolla wrote:Ok I just put some 20-30% on my scalp (I mixed it myself so I don't know the exact %) and damn it burns! Is this normal/ok? It really does burn... Shocked

hows the peel going for your long hair hoppi?
that was my first proper attempt!

it feels totally fine now, no burning or anything. I guess I'll wash my hair tomorrow. I'll do a lower concentration in future though I think or maybe use a bit less of it because DAMN that burned!
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:06 pm

ugh... got it in my eye yet again when I lightly washed my face before going to bed (it must have been still in my hair but dried).

This is definitely much easier with short hair, I would imagine. However you'd probably need very short or totally shaven hair before you could easily use the cream and mostly get around this problem. Getting it in my eye is definitely the biggest problem I've run into so far ._.
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  bobthebuilder Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:58 pm

Patent on Deep scalp peels.

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20060241696.pdf

Patent refers to some good material posted on HS.

1. Pattern hair loss is often classified as reversible considering that hair follicles are present and cycling even in a bald scalp (Sinclair R D, Dawber R P. Androgenetic alopecia in men and women. Clin Dermatol. 2001 March-April; 19(2):167-78).

2. Minitaurized hair follciles of pattern alopecia can quickly regenerate once removed from human scalp and can grow as well as or better than terminal follicles from the same individual (Krajcik R A, Vogelman J H, Malloy V L, Orentreich N. Transplants from balding and hairy androgentic alopecia scalp regrow hair comparably well on immunodeficient mice. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2003 May; 48(5):752-9).

3. Many pseudo vallus follicles can be identified in the dermis, indicating that follicles are minitaurized rather than destroyed. Pseudo vallus hairs are in a presence of arrector pili muscle and angiofibrotic streamers as difference to regular vellus hairs. (Sinclair R D, Dawber R P. Androgenetic alopecia in men and women. Clin Dermatol. 2001 March-April; 19(2):167-78).
bobthebuilder
bobthebuilder

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:43 am

bobthebuilder wrote:Patent on Deep scalp peels.

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20060241696.pdf

Patent refers to some good material posted on HS.

1. Pattern hair loss is often classified as reversible considering that hair follicles are present and cycling even in a bald scalp (Sinclair R D, Dawber R P. Androgenetic alopecia in men and women. Clin Dermatol. 2001 March-April; 19(2):167-78).

2. Minitaurized hair follciles of pattern alopecia can quickly regenerate once removed from human scalp and can grow as well as or better than terminal follicles from the same individual (Krajcik R A, Vogelman J H, Malloy V L, Orentreich N. Transplants from balding and hairy androgentic alopecia scalp regrow hair comparably well on immunodeficient mice. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2003 May; 48(5):752-9).

3. Many pseudo vallus follicles can be identified in the dermis, indicating that follicles are minitaurized rather than destroyed. Pseudo vallus hairs are in a presence of arrector pili muscle and angiofibrotic streamers as difference to regular vellus hairs. (Sinclair R D, Dawber R P. Androgenetic alopecia in men and women. Clin Dermatol. 2001 March-April; 19(2):167-78).
lol, I love the way people patent things as if they're the first one to think of them xD

I find it very hard to believe he was...

Aaaanywho erm, yeah I think it's very good stuff. I just need to find better ways to protect my eyes, or think of something smart.

I have very high hopes for this whole thing though Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  gonzalito Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:12 am

Hoppi,

Yes, the burning is normal... But it depends on every one´s tolerance... I did not get burning sensation while on glycolic... Now that I´m on TCA 25%, it DO burns the first 5 minutes...

Please share your thoughts when the dead skin begins to fall...

gonzalito

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:57 pm

gonzalito -

Sure, cool man Smile

I will not be doing these peels any more though with liquid, strong glycolic and long hair. The chances of getting it in your eyes is just too high for me. Am I really the only one who has had that problem? It's pretty much the ONLY problem I've had. I may invest in better eye protection.

That aside, you can also get things like T/Sal, a shampoo containing 3% salicylic acid, designed to clear away skin build-up. I have heard success stories (1 or 2) using that stuff, but they made no sense to me until I saw this thread.

I often seem to find a fair amount of oil (or maybe even infection-derived pus, like a spot) on my scalp when I absent-mindedly scratch it. This implies to me that there is a lot going on under the surface (the skin/keratin build-up), but then of course we all knew that anyway. Just nice to see actual evidence. This also explains why aggressive cleaning of the scalp seems to work.

Personally, I think we've hit it on the head here. It's just a shame that we can't yet safely reduce tissue DHT so that this skin/oil build-up stops at the root cause.

This is a great step though, no doubt Smile

Last edited by hoppipolla on Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  abetz85 Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:24 am

Mister E said in the other forum that the root causes was low SHBG and the remedy consist in a free fat diet. No oils no meat but starchy and vegetables diet that can restore up the SHBG levels. It was written several years ago so I don't know if he belives the same theory right now.

abetz85

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:30 am

abetz85 wrote:Mister E said in the other forum that the root causes was low SHBG and the remedy consist in a free fat diet. No oils no meat but starchy and vegetables diet that can restore up the SHBG levels. It was written several years ago so I don't know if he belives the same theory  right now.
I don't even think he posts on hair loss anymore.

I saw that more recently he was on the Longecity forums.
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:50 am

aw man, my scalp appears to be "snowing" lol

This is a bit tricky too with longer hair because it just looks like you've got really bad dandruff! I am trying to pick it out and I washed my hair earlier, but it's definitely a problem.

I'll probably pick up some T/Sal (they may have changed the name) tomorrow as it will be milder and so the skin sheds will be less extreme but more frequent, is the idea.

Hm, all a bit different!
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:06 am

Hm, it seems that the highest percentage of salicylic acid put in a shampoo is 6% (T/Sal is 3%) :

http://www.sumlab.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/keralyt-shampoo-160ml-prescribing-information.pdf

and the highest for glycolic is about 10% :

http://www.amazon.com/Glycolix-Elite-Shampoo-Percent-oz/dp/B000CGD0CC

I am unsure if less is effective. Maybe.

I am sharing this for other people like me who might want a more gradual, maybe daily, exfoliation and shedding of skin, or who might want to do it with long hair, etc. I probably won't buy these products, I can probably just add glycolic or salicylic acid to my own shampoo, I would imagine.
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 8 Empty About one and a half months without shaving my head / Progress

Post  gonzalito Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:08 pm

My former hairline is coming back, in a slow but steady manner...

Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 8 Update10

gonzalito

Back to top Go down

Post  abetz85 Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:04 pm

Awesome and congrats!!!! how many month on the peeling and massage? and what else are you doing?

abetz85

Back to top Go down

Post  gonzalito Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:04 pm

abetz85 wrote:Awesome and congrats!!!! how many month on the peeling and massage? and what else are you doing?
Thnaks a lot, abestz85...

Massages for about one year now... Peeling for the last 2 months...

Oral supplementation: DIM, opti-l-zinc, vit. K2, magnesium...

gonzalito

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:45 am

gonzalito wrote:My former hairline is coming back, in a slow but steady manner...
It seems that using this technique we can regrow most hair lost, which is cool. It does explain a lot.
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  gonzalito Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:03 am

hoppipolla wrote:
gonzalito wrote:My former hairline is coming back, in a slow but steady manner...
It seems that using this technique we can regrow most hair lost, which is cool. It does explain a lot.
The thing that gives me hope is the thickness of the returning hairline... I could never achieve regrow with this kind of thickness before...

gonzalito

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:29 am

gonzalito wrote:
hoppipolla wrote:
The thing that gives me hope is the thickness of the returning hairline... I could never achieve regrow with this kind of thickness before...
Gives me hope too.

I haven't lost enough hair for it to be THAT noticeable yet, but I really want my hair to look like it did before all this started. And it seems with this level of regrowth that could be achieved Smile

I'll keep experimenting with how to make it work through long hair.

It's exciting to see things develop as I think this is the best technique we've had on IH... I think.
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 8 Empty Gonzolito

Post  bocor Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:59 am

Hey there I'm just wandering if the glycolic acid has damaged or thins existing hair at all? And have you noticed regrowth in temples that you attribute to glycolic? Also what is your current glycolic regimen? Thx!

bocor

Back to top Go down

Post  abetz85 Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:50 am

gonzalito wrote:
abetz85 wrote:Awesome and congrats!!!! how many month on the peeling and massage? and what else are you doing?
Thnaks a lot, abestz85...

Massages for about one year now... Peeling for the last 2 months...

Oral supplementation: DIM, opti-l-zinc, vit. K2, magnesium...

Thank you for the info!! Do you think that the major results came from the peeling?

abetz85

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next