Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Glycolic acid still active under the skin after 2 years. EmptyYesterday at 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Glycolic acid still active under the skin after 2 years. EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Glycolic acid still active under the skin after 2 years. EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Glycolic acid still active under the skin after 2 years. EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Glycolic acid still active under the skin after 2 years. EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Glycolic acid still active under the skin after 2 years. EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Glycolic acid still active under the skin after 2 years. EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Glycolic acid still active under the skin after 2 years. EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

» Difficulty Swallowing During Sleep
Glycolic acid still active under the skin after 2 years. EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 2:57 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Glycolic acid still active under the skin after 2 years.

4 posters

Go down

Glycolic acid still active under the skin after 2 years. Empty Glycolic acid still active under the skin after 2 years.

Post  irlman Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:48 am

Hey guys I just want to share my one time experience of glycolic acid at a 50% concentration. In February 2012 after reading Mister E's suggestions about using glycolic acid I immediately bought some and began applying it to my temples. After not noticing any burning/stinging sensation I applied more and more over the next few minutes and just let it sit there. At the time i did not realise the need for neutralization and since I could not feel any burning I stupidly left it on my skin. The following night I attempted the toweling method which I had been doing regularly from a few weeks before and after 5 minutes had to stop because of the intense burning. I was horrified to see blood and liquid coming from my temples but I knew it was from the acid. The following day there were two big scabs on my forehead but I attempted the toweling again only to get the same results. It took over a week for the scabs to heal and the skin to look normal whereby I did the toweling once again and the same thing. From that point on I have performed the toweling method once every three months but the problem persists. The acid must still be active under the skin. This is so frustrating and I fear that by doing the toweling That I might be just spreading the acid over a larger surface area. I had hoped all this rubbing would agitate the acid and bring it to the surface so it could be washed off or at the very least that it would have expelled itself to the surface by now.

I would appreciate any help or advice on how best to remedy the matter, if anyone knows of any medicated creams or products that would be of any benefit. Thanks in advance.

irlman

Back to top Go down

Glycolic acid still active under the skin after 2 years. Empty Re: Glycolic acid still active under the skin after 2 years.

Post  irlman Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:55 am

Update;
Two years later and four years since I first used 50% glycolic acid on my temples and not much has changed since I last posted. In the meantime I have experimented with some other approaches such as dermarolling and applying medical grade beta glucan liquid to the affected areas, as suggested by a member on another forum who also received serious burns when they used glycolic acid 50% with tretinoin cream. This method seemed to be largely successful for that person but my results have not been so profound. As well as this I tried high quality emu oil. I have also used these in conjunction with dmso, the reasoning being better absorption through the different stratum layers. I have also tried applying baking soda to try and neutralise the acid and liquid baking soda to the area directly but it stings like crazy likely due to the sodium content. I have not spoken to a dermatologist as it is a rather sensitive issue and I am embarrassed but I did speak to a local general practitioner who assured me that the acid was long gone and from under the skin. Up until that point I had thought it was still lodged under there and needed to be flushed out.
On a positive note I will say that the wounds only appear after I massage my temples, and they get worse the longer perform it. They usually heal up pretty fast and and the scabs can be picked off within a week leaving only slightly pink/reddish skin behind. For the most part when I leave the area alone it looks normal but the temptation to stimulate bloodflow by massaging is always strong. I have abstained from doing any scalp massages for extended periods, months at a time but it never really seems to make much difference as the degree of the damage also seems to be as bad as ever when I experiment with it again. I will add that I can perform a slightly rigorous massage if I use some type of oil on the area as it does cause some bloodflow but it is nowhere near as intense and doesn't last as long as the toweling method. I know some people on this forum have used glycolic acid although not as high as 50%, so my advice would be not to use it at such a high concentrations or to avoid this stuff completely which would be better.

irlman

Back to top Go down

Glycolic acid still active under the skin after 2 years. Empty Re: Glycolic acid still active under the skin after 2 years.

Post  SoloDomo Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:21 am

Well that is some dedication there

SoloDomo

Back to top Go down

Post  irlman Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:05 am

More like preoccupation I would say. Surprised

irlman

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:40 pm

If the acid is gone according to your general practitioner are these wounds you receive from massaging, the same wounds say, I would receive, if I massaged as vigorously as yourself? Sorry I'm a bit confused on what could be causing the residual sensitivity.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  irlman Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:35 pm

I'm just saying  that although the acid may be gone the damage has been done to the sub-dermal layers. I still perform massages now and again to assess the rate of healing and for stimulate blood-flow as well. No I don't believe that such rigorous massage will cause any type of wounds in the skin of a normal person who has not applied acid to the skin in the way I did. A normal persons  skin should be resilient enough the handle the rough stimulation such as in toweling just as mine was before I used this stuff.

Last edited by irlman on Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)

irlman

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:05 am

I think I understand now. It's almost like you took layers off your skin, and now it is thinner, and easier to injure. I've never heard of something like this occurring, that is crazy. I hope someone knowledgeable can get you some help. But, how about stimulating bloodflow with head stands or an inversion table, and maybe the skin will over time(may take many years) heal? It's just a thought but... thank you for posting this any way should anyone else attempt this.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  irlman Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:04 am

I had'nt actually really thought of it like that before but it does indeed make sense that the skin has become thinner and more prone to injury. Perhaps some sort of skin thickening approach is needed. I will give those head stands a go for increased blood flow or for some exercise if nothing else. Thanks for your input and advice.

irlman

Back to top Go down

Post  Seuxin Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:19 am

I would like to try it on my bald temples.
What is the rule ? Any % ?
Once a week ? More ?
Good idea to mix it with magnesium oil and d3 and k2 ?

Thanks

Seuxin

Back to top Go down

Post  irlman Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:15 am

I honestly wouldn't advise its use period as I don't want anyone else to damage their skin in the way I did. The 50% I used was way too strong for my skin and there is likely a threshold that exists, for example you might be okay using up to 30% or 40% with no ill effects then suddenly without warning a higher concentration will melt the underlying layers of skin. I honestly don't know why you would want to go near this stuff, but then again I'm not the most knowledgeable on it's use either I simply followed some bad advice and didn't bother to question it. As well as this I'm sure there's better and safer topicals out there.

irlman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down