Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 6 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 6 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 6 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 6 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 6 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 6 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 6 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 6 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

+46
hairyshowers
itzmecorey
symbiotic
Isreviro
supermusic
Lawski
valderama
alb_ert
Serge
Johnny Drama
Espio
AS54
abetz85
YAER
alphadelta
Grub
Elephantor
IHtryer
Thin in FL
shaftless
rofl
sanderson
Complexx
chubbfrank
dudebro
forum junkie
SW2
Balthier
marku
Xenon
lutz
ferox
Smurfy
SlowMoe
Hoppipolla
Major_Hairloss
bocor
sizzlinghairs
blahblahblah
TNT
KeepGrowin
bobthebuilder
theseeker86
RisingFist
hairisthickening
gonzalito
50 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 6 Empty Re: Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

Post  Grub Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:11 pm

Just apply the acid by parting the hair carefully and then use a dropper, then part the next line half an inch or so next to it. Perhaps give it a quick massage.

YAER if your shedding after day 1 it would seem normal as its a new treatment.. give it a week and assess then.

I personally think applying it every second day might be a little heavy, I will try a 20% solution every 3-4 days depending on how my scalp feels and go from there. I was speaking to Overmachogrande about this as I am using it in conjunction with LLLT, he recommends once a week.

Grub

Back to top Go down

Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 6 Empty Re: Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

Post  abetz85 Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:36 pm

YAER wrote:Iv been shedding ever since i did the peel,i left it for an hour, 30%glyco and 70% water, it stinged a little. My hair has been shedding every since, how can i stop this menace.
Maybe you are just shedding the already dead hair that where clogged inside your scalp by the calcified sebum and skin. also brushing, massaging, toweling, the scalp causes me a lot of shedding but i don't give it much importance since i see that are all hair with AGA problems (the tip is thiker than the root). To grow strongher hair first you have to dispose of the weak one IMO.

Sorry for my bad English but I'm italian Rolling Eyes 

abetz85

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:06 am

Also YAER... IF the glycolic acid is in any way damaging follicles (unlikely... surely) then perhaps people with hair just need to go slower and use a lower concentration and eat away at the keratin more slowly so as to not damage the follicles. We shall have to see Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Thin in FL Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:24 am

I am doing peels every 3 to 4 days. To early to see results yet...
I do not have buzzed hair, so I just dip a Q-tip in the bottle then apply to my scalp after I have moved some hairs aside. Works fine. I leave it on for 24 hours.
Getting some good peels and quarter sized tracks of skin that flake off the next day. It is interesting because I tried a peel on my shoulder and the acid did nothing, but seems to really peel in the scalp area...
I also just bought a bottle of Salicylic Acid 3% shampoo from Walgreens. Gonna start using that a couple times a week too.

Thin in FL

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:55 pm

Thin in FL wrote:I am doing peels every 3 to 4 days. To early to see results yet...
I do not have buzzed hair, so I just dip a Q-tip in the bottle then apply to my scalp after I have moved some hairs aside. Works fine. I leave it on for 24 hours.
Getting some good peels and quarter sized tracks of skin that flake off the next day. It is interesting because I tried a peel on my shoulder and the acid did nothing, but seems to really peel in the scalp area...
I also just bought a bottle of Salicylic Acid 3% shampoo from Walgreens. Gonna start using that a couple times a week too.
Thanks, good info dude Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:43 pm

I'm using the 50% glycolic, not getting any peeling at all. Little bit of burning feeling on the scalp, that's it. No flakes of skin coming off at all when I scratch my head with my nails, or run a bristle brush through it. And my head is shaved.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Drama Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 am

Thin in FL wrote:I am doing peels every 3 to 4 days. To early to see results yet...
I've had a look at these shampoos but not read any good reviews. My question is can we expect a decent peel by leaving the shampoo on for 5 mins the standard waiting time.

Johnny Drama

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:35 am

Johnny Drama wrote:
I've had a look at these shampoos but not read any good reviews. My question is can we expect a decent peel by leaving the shampoo on for 5 mins the standard waiting time.
The first time I heard results with this stuff was with a shampoo. I agree though that it's probably not the optimal way to do it.
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  gonzalito Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:23 am

Espio wrote:I'm using the 50% glycolic, not getting any peeling at all. Little bit of burning feeling on the scalp, that's it. No flakes of skin coming off at all when I scratch my head with my nails, or run a bristle brush through it. And my head is shaved.
Espio,

It´s really strange... In your case, I would strongly try the massager... When massaging, I get lots of dead skin coming off... If I don´t massage my scalp, I don´t perceive dead skin falling off... I don´t mean it doesn´t, but I´m sure massaging accelerate this process A LOT... and most important, it´s VISIBLE...

Maybe your scalp IS peeling off, but you can´t perceive it... Just try massaging with a body massager, as I do, and you will see lots of dead skin falling... (and rest assure yourself that glycolic is doing its job...)

Without massage, I guess the peeling happens gradually and one can´t perceive it in a VISIBLE way...

Last edited by gonzalito on Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:41 am; edited 1 time in total

gonzalito

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:26 am

hey gonzalito. Do you after usage apply any kind of hydrating cream or anything else?
After 24 hours of 20% glycolic acid, i shed tons of skin and my scalp looks irritated.
I am thinking maybe some jojoba oil. What's your opinion.

TNT

Back to top Go down

Post  gonzalito Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:46 am

TNT wrote:hey gonzalito. Do you after usage apply any kind of hydrating cream or anything else?
After 24 hours of 20% glycolic acid, i shed tons of skin and my scalp looks irritated.
I am thinking maybe some jojoba oil. What's your opinion.
No, TNT... I don´t apply anything... But keep in my mind that my skin seems very resistant to the acid, because at 35% concentration I don´t get any irritation at all (it doesn´t even stink a little)... Or maybe I have a LOT of dead skin build-up up there, thus I´m not very sensitive to it...

In your case, it seems fine to apply something like jojoba oil... and of course, don´t expose your scalp to the sunlight...

gonzalito

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:12 am

thanks gz...

TNT

Back to top Go down

Post  YAER Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:36 pm

Guys, when i observe bald heads they all seem to have very thin subcutaneous fat and not thick as said here, they do however have thicker galeas. The peels are thinning the fat even more and the more hair u notice is just the result of stripping away skin to reveal the hair below it and not actually new hair, it has always been there but not exposed.

YAER

Back to top Go down

Post  gonzalito Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:46 pm

YAER,

This (our) theory is just another one... Obviously, it´s not THE one, but -at least in my case and in MisterE- seems to help...

Actually, I´m seeing some promising regrow since doing the peelings, and the most interesting thing, it´s something cheap to try...

I understand your position; I´ve also made some theories from simple observation... One of those was that nutrition doesn´t seem to be the cause, watching homeless people in the streets... At least, here in my country, these people have heads FULL OF HAIR, and with luck they eat twice a day (and whatever they found)...

Just give it a try to the peeling, YAER... This was a theory brought by MisterE... My only contribution was the addition of a body massager to stimulate the scalp and accelerate the effects of the peeling... I once tried scalp massages (in a Hair Loss Recovery center), and today I find that the massager work as good (or better) than finger massaging...

Think it as an upgrade to the MisterE treatment....

My scalp is better than ever :-)

gonzalito

Back to top Go down

Post  YAER Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:56 pm

Mistere changed his theory on longecity forum, i saw he wrote to people that he has changed his theories and will reintroduce his new ones, longecity forum is for money so i didnt get to c his new posts.

YAER

Back to top Go down

Post  YAER Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:40 pm

http://archderm.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=524193

please note the difference between scalp subcutaneous fat and the galea

YAER

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:40 pm

YAER wrote:http://archderm.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=524193

Can you post the article here? I can't see it since I'm not a member. Or maybe you can summarize it.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Serge Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:12 pm

YAER wrote:http://archderm.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=524193

Could this be connected to that strange study about pig oil? They rubbed organic lard into their scalp and hair grew at an extremely fast rate. Pig oil made hair grow faster than treatments with minoxidil 10%. Unfortunately the study wasn't done on MPB scalps, but something was happening with hair growth.

Serge

Back to top Go down

Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS... - Page 6 Empty INTERESTING WAY TO APPLY IT

Post  gonzalito Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:30 pm

Hey, guys... I´ve just ordered some more glycolic (I´ll jump to 70%) and found this one, in the form of ROLL-ON... This form should be more easy to apply for those who don´t want to shave their heads...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Glycolic-Acid-Skin-Roll-On-Peel-70-Wrinkles-Acne-Easy-/330479295419?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item4cf219dbbb

gonzalito

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:12 pm

Can somebody post the complete article of the study that YAER posted on here please? I can't see it. Thanks.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  YAER Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:07 pm

I can only see the first page,not the entire article...But its logical as upon observation its clear that the skin above the galea is very thin and this is why the galea is visible very clearly...

YAER

Back to top Go down

Post  YAER Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:08 pm

Im also starting the nail rubbing theory, its said that nails are connected to the scalp through blood vessels and by rubbing ur nails concurrently together u are increasing blood flow to the scalp, i can feel it, i doing it 20 mins minimum 3 times daily.

YAER

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:21 pm

YAER wrote:I can only see the first page,not the entire article...But its logical as upon observation its clear that the skin above the galea is very thin and this is why the galea is visible very clearly...
Are you saying that the Galea doesn't get tight?
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:54 pm

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=61217

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  Elephantor Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:19 pm

Gonzalito, just out of curiosity.... like how many milliliters of acid do you use for peel?...

Elephantor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next