Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Great results on Propecia... What does it mean? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Great results on Propecia... What does it mean? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Great results on Propecia... What does it mean? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Great results on Propecia... What does it mean? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Great results on Propecia... What does it mean? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Great results on Propecia... What does it mean? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Great results on Propecia... What does it mean? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Great results on Propecia... What does it mean? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Great results on Propecia... What does it mean? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Great results on Propecia... What does it mean?

4 posters

Go down

Great results on Propecia... What does it mean? Empty Great results on Propecia... What does it mean?

Post  kirtanyogi Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:22 am

Hi everyone! I´m 35 and new around. I´m from Spain but i´ll try my best with your language.

I was using Propecia for 10 months with spectacular regrowth from the first eight weeks, unfortunately associated to high bilirrubine (I´m a Gillbert´s syndrom), poor libido and mood and also dandruff, which i never had before. Obviously was too high price for recovering my hair and i drop the treatment.

I turned into vitamins (Multi+B´s+C+K+Biotin), minerals (calcium+magnesium), omega3 and DHT blockers (saw palmetto, pygeum, pumpkin seed...) and minoxidil 5%. I also changed my diet, i was vegetarian and started to eat EVERYTHING except sugars, flours and "civilized foods". This also made me feel much better and improved my energy, my mood, my body... I felt much healthier.

It seemed to work out pretty well for the first six months or could be the residual effects of propecia??? The point is that i was so happy with my hair but no so much with the complexity of my treatment so i started to drop things. First minoxidil, then biotin, K vit, half dosage at C vit and calcium/magnesium, and dropped DHT blocker. My hair started to leave so quickly that it was even noticeable from one week to another, and not only by me. I found myself like in the begining of my treatment with finasteride in just a couple of months. Then i found this web and forum and i started with Brian Simonis regimen about two months ago, beside the multi, vit b and c and minerals i was taking, and lacking of faith, came back to minoxidil 5%. I don´t see any results for the moment, but i´ve experienced a great punch of energy at high heart rates. Would you say the key of my treatment should be a DHT blocker? What vitamins do you consider essential?

kirtanyogi

Back to top Go down

Great results on Propecia... What does it mean? Empty Re: Great results on Propecia... What does it mean?

Post  sublime9 Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:38 am

I would say that you are correct in having something to strongly take care of DHT. I know my experience was not anywhere close to yours so I had no issues dropping fin a month ago.

I still use 7HMR although Curcumin I think handles DHT better. GTE at 400mg should also assist in keeping your T levels high and DHT low. IH will obviously be able to better feedback.

Best of luck.

sublime9

Back to top Go down

Great results on Propecia... What does it mean? Empty Re: Great results on Propecia... What does it mean?

Post  kirtanyogi Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:25 am

Thanks Sublime! I don´t know what 7HMR means and i guess that GTE stands for green tea extract, right? I´m also considering taking a probiotic, but due to my lack of experience i don´t know really where to stop. I was checking the complete IH regimen (the top 6 plus the ancillary) and that would cost me around 140$ per month for swallowing 25 pills/day, and i´m also swallowing a lot coming from a great book named The Diet Cure that "saved" me from vegetarianism and it´s side effects. I throw out some questions just in case somebody can answer them:
Is really necesary to take a daily multi vitamin? or extra calcium? what about C and B complex? what amount of omega3 fatty acids is the optimun daily support? do 2g of krill oil reach it? I´m actually taking 1,800 mg of pure epa/dha... I still rewiewing posts and learning each day but it´s hard to set an optimun regimen in all aspects.
Thanks for your patience guys

kirtanyogi

Back to top Go down

Post  tommmash Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:30 am

Kirtanyogi
Well if you ´re on good diet that should not be essential to take vitamin c or vitamin b in tabs. 2 g of krill oil should be excellent i think. I don ´t think that vitamins (like multivitamin, zinc) or foods (garlic)is the right way to go. Anyway - good source of vitamin b is brewer ´s yeast.
tommmash
tommmash

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:54 pm

Hey tommmashh -

why are you taking Niacinimide?

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  tommmash Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:36 pm

scottyc33 wrote:Hey tommmashh -

why are you taking Niacinimide?

well niacinamide is kind of vitamin b. It should be anti anxiety (>3g), anti-candida and anti-inflammation agent. And it´s inexpensive.
tommmash
tommmash

Back to top Go down

Post  sublime9 Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:46 am

Check out this thread.

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/natural-hair-regrowth-forum-f1/hmr-lignans-why-was-it-dropped-t784.htm

2 grams is optimal for epa/dha so you are right on there. I feel it is optimal to take a multi since our food vitamin/mineral content is much lower than it used to be. Truth be told the RDA used to be called the MDA or Minimum Daily Allowance. So when you eat for the RDA you get just enough to ward off a major disease. Vitamin code came out with a one a day that is more reasonable then their full on complex. I find their multi's are metabolized better although everyone has their own experience. I feel zinc is vital and take an additional 25mg of zinc picolate on top of what I get in my multi.

The ALA/ALCA combo is one of the more expensive pieces but vital none-the-less. I do not take much of it now, but my diet is also very different than most peoples.

sublime9

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down