Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» zombie cells
Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post) - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post) - Page 8 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post) - Page 8 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post) - Page 8 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post) - Page 8 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post) - Page 8 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post) - Page 8 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post) - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post) - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post)

+34
water4838
drex1999
bov51
Joey Ramone
Themanofmankind1
shanshimbo
calvicie
bocor
young trunks
MikeGore
Hairy
froyd
SonofOdin
Resistance
Xenon
nad4321
MekalGill
Maverick70
Sage 1
Oker
Hairbeback
Mechanotransduction
lookalike
CampOfDavid
blue88
shaftless
sanderson
piranha
Growdamnit
The_End
johndoe1225
cdto2012
long hair
MovieJunkie89
38 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post) - Page 8 Empty Re: Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post)

Post  long hair Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:19 pm

Xenon wrote:
Growdamnit wrote:
CampOfDavid wrote:Does anyone doing this have any results to report (maintenance or regrowth; or nothing)?
Have been doing it for 4 months with no regrowth.

That's because...  Moviejunkie was Complexx scamming again. He bullshitted you all, refused (in typical Complexx fashion) to upload progress pics, plugged a shitload of branded products, then dusted.

I knew it was him from the start when he used a signature phrase the dummy has used many times before.Then, when I pointed it out to him, he realized his error would incriminate him, so swiftly deleted it.

Sorry you got duped by him.

i dont think he is a scammer ...it just every body have a different response to the treatment ,what work for movie junky may work/not work for others ,but how can you know if it work for you or not if you dont try it ?

@grow you need to relax your scalp along with green tea treatment ...it is almost impossible for hair to grow in a hard tissue ..remember movie junky is a early mbp as i understand from his posts so his scalp is not that hard, that why he response fast to the treatment . if your hair is important to you then you cant quit you just keep trying and trying till you find your working treatment.
long hair
long hair

Back to top Go down

Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post) - Page 8 Empty Re: Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post)

Post  Growdamnit Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:34 am

long hair wrote:
Xenon wrote:
Growdamnit wrote:
CampOfDavid wrote:Does anyone doing this have any results to report (maintenance or regrowth; or nothing)?
Have been doing it for 4 months with no regrowth.

That's because...  Moviejunkie was Complexx scamming again. He bullshitted you all, refused (in typical Complexx fashion) to upload progress pics, plugged a shitload of branded products, then dusted.

I knew it was him from the start when he used a signature phrase the dummy has used many times before.Then, when I pointed it out to him, he realized his error would incriminate him, so swiftly deleted it.

Sorry you got duped by him.

i dont think he is a scammer ...it just every body have a different response to the treatment ,what work for movie junky may work/not work for others ,but how can you know if it work for you or not if you dont try it ?

@grow  you need to relax your scalp along with green tea treatment ...it is almost impossible  for hair to grow in a hard tissue ..remember movie junky is a early mbp as i understand from his posts so his scalp is not that hard, that why he response fast to the treatment . if your hair is important to you then you cant quit you just keep trying and trying till you find your working treatment.
I am. I started losing my hair at around 19, I'm 26 now. This shampoo definitely helped the quality of my hair but no regrowth.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  long hair Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:48 pm

well, maintaining is good and better than taking a journey to a freaky nw7 .you can keep with green tea and try addition treatment for regrowth like press your scalp with solid object
long hair
long hair

Back to top Go down

Post  shanshimbo Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:27 pm

Someone asked for an update. Here it is.

I have been using dt-cpr for about 8 months using a plastic bottle. Also about 6 months ago, I started really clean diet. Before my diet was ok but i wanted to commit fully if I wanted to recover my full hair, so I started to eat more green vegetables, more raw vegetables, very low sugar, no meat/seafood except eggs. And about 1 month ago I started doing the shampoo and oil treatments (NO Dermarolling yet) .

About 2 months after starting dt-cpr, my hair loss completely stopped. My dandruff/eczema stopped somewhat but more so after starting clean diet. BTW, still have dandruff/eczema.

For about 6-7 months, I was getting some peach fuzz along my hairline (my hair are relatively long about 4 inches so it was hard to know if I was getting growth in any other areas). But the progress was really slow and the new peach fuzz OR the existing hair just didn’t seem to get thicker. About 1 month ago, I started the shampoo treatment every day and hot oil treatment about 3 times a week. I have noticed a lot more peach fuzz along the hairline and very few hairs I think SEEM to be getting thicker. But still the progress is really slow. And my existing hairs which are growing longer but not getting thicker at all.

QUESTION, how does existing hair get thicker? Does the existing hair get thicker in the current anagen stage or next anagen stage (meaning that when a hair goes through anagen, catagen, telogen, exogen and then the anagen starts again, will the same hair grow really thick)? The reason i am asking is my existing hair don’t seem to be getting thicker at all and also I see a lot more peach fuzz along the hair line so new hair IS coming in but not changing to terminal easily (I do see very few that have turned terminal). Anyway, I will know more after about 3 months of shampoo/oil treatments.

Overall, I will say the shampoo/oil treatments do seem to be working albeit really really slowly. I will know more after about 3 months of this treatment. I am still continuing with dt-cpr about twice a day for about 20 minutes each. And still on the clean diet.

Also in my opinion, OPs results are due to DR more so than shamoo/oil treatment. But I could be wrong. If I don’t get the results in 3 months, I will start DR after that.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL !!!

shanshimbo

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:31 am

^ Hey shan, what's your DT-CPR technique like?

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  shanshimbo Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:03 am

just doing heavy pressing with the big plastic bottle. As i am pressing the bottom end of the bottle against my scalp, i move the it in a side to side pattern until i cover my whole scalp. I concentrate more on the whole hairline.

shanshimbo

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:53 pm

shanshimbo wrote:just doing heavy pressing with the big plastic bottle. As i am pressing the bottom end of the bottle against my scalp, i move the it in a side to side pattern until i cover my whole scalp. I concentrate more on the whole hairline.

Thanks, sounds like what I'm doing, I do my whole scalp but use the heaviest pressure on my problem areas.

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  MovieJunkie89 Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:40 am

SonofOdin wrote:Moviejunkie really hyped this one up big. His claims of noticing regrowth in mere weeks clearly does not reflect reality. According to Grow's post he has already completed three months of the topical with no regrowth to show for it. Everyone wants to regrow their hair but looking to a NW1 for a hair loss guru is not a good idea.

Towards the end, he was becoming very frustrated with this forum and his hair loss condition. Even to the point of lashing out and belittling people based upon their NW level. I believe this thread was really just his way of convincing himself, and us, that he had solved this and moved on with his life. If anyone questioned the method, or even asked legitimate questions, it was met with aggressive hostility... this is not the sort of behavior someone confident in their regimen would exhibit. It's almost as if he feared his belief he'd solved his hair loss might come toppling down, and so he became very emotionally invested.

The more likely scenario is, if any regrowth could be seen at all, it was likely simply the hair loss cycle at work. Even those without hair loss have periods of their hair looking thicker, and then thinner at other times. Many people, including myself, do not even consider NW1 to be hair loss.

Anyway, this may or may not work. If it does, it is not the magical tonic it was advertised to be. Like any regimen, it's going to take 8-12 months to determine if it is truly working. I think the takeaway here is not to give in to the hype so easy. I won't ever forget the time a veteran poster came in here, sold a bunch of forum goers some overpriced salt water that he was making commission off of, claimed tons of regrowth in mere days, and then vanished after cashing in. Sometimes its money, or other times, such as in this case, it is the user desperately wanting to believe he'd found the holy grail, and if he could convince others of this too, it would reinforce the beliefs he'd begun to establish and comfort him in this shitty genetic curse we've all found ourselves under.

No hate on those doing the topical. Let me reiterate: the topical may or may not work, but the way it was presented does not reflect the reality of the situation, and if anyone wishes to make this risk, I encourage you to set your expectations realistically and provide yourself a long enough time window to see if it does anything.

Shut your bitchass up. Your dumbass is here talking shit and didn't even take the time out to try the topical for yourself. You, Growdammit (A fucking liar who's only purpose on this forum is to discourage others from trying methods that can potentially help them) and Xenon (This dude has been bald for many years, I feel bad for anyone who takes any advice from this chump) can all go fuck yourselves.

MovieJunkie89

Back to top Go down

Post  MovieJunkie89 Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:16 am

Now that I got that off my chest let's get to the topical. I still have a completely full head of hair (Thank you God) but I know MPB is pretty much a lifelong battle so I still use the topical, I use it about 3x a week now. I was using it every single day when I first started it. Looking back I think I may have underrated the use of the dermaroller and Rosemary. I think it may have been those two things along with the other ingredients in the topical that helped me out.

So here is what I would recommend: Make the topical the way it is made in the video, and then add a generous amount of Rosemary oil to the mix (I usually put about a tablespoon of Rosemary but you can experiment with more or less). Use an 0.25mm dermaroller on your temples (Assuming you have hairloss there) and then apply the topical on to your scalp, you can add extra to your temples if you wish. You can leave it on for a good 15 minutes or longer if you have the time. The 0.25mm DR will allow maximum penetration of the topical which has now been enhanced due to the addition of rosemary. (Remember Rosemary ranks up there with Minoxidil in terms of hair regrowth).

Now apart from that I've been watching videos from Dr. Robert Morse on hair loss. Apart from DHT/PGD2 There is a lymphatic aspect of hair loss that seems to go unaddressed. I've been using his "Upper Circulation" tonic for about 3 weeks now as this is what he suggests for hair loss. However, I have no idea how to assess it since I already have a full head of hair. However, I do feel a rush of circulation to my temples and head area whenever I use it. Plus it seems to have good reviews on the internet : https://www.grapegate.com/testimonials/
https://www.pureformulas.com/healthy-circulation-upper-2-oz-by-dr-morses-cellular-botanicals.html
I'm not affiliated with Dr. Morse in any way (Because I know bitchass Xenon will try to say some shit later) nor am I trying to promote his products. And I had my regrowth due to the topical which was obviously way before I started using this tonic.

Now the other thing I want you guys to consider using is a stinging nettle tea along with ginger, lemons, parsley, apples and celery. Here is the video of how it is made: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CytM68z15_g
And the guy who used the stinging nettle tea posted before and afters: http://cookingforfriend.blogspot.com/2015/09/how-to-stop-hair-loss-and-strengthen_11.html

So let me summarize this since this is a long post:
1. Make the topical how it is made in the video but put in a tablespoon of rosemary oil.
2. Use an 0.25mm dermaroller for maximum penetration of the topical, this can be used everyday.
3. Watch some of Dr. Morse's videos on hair loss (I remember one of our members "HiIlikeYourBeard" mentioned him awhile back, hope he's doing okay). You can check out his Upper Circulation tonic if you wish.
4. Use the stinging nettle tea in conjunction with the topical so you have a 1-2 punch for hair loss.

Good luck to everyone and I hope you guys can beat this thing.

MovieJunkie89

Back to top Go down

Post  shanshimbo Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:16 pm

So does anybody have any opinion on my question above?

"how does existing hair get thicker? Does the existing hair get thicker in the current anagen stage or next anagen stage (meaning that when a hair goes through anagen, catagen, telogen, exogen and then the anagen starts again, will the same hair grow really thick)?"

My existing hair are limp and lifeless. By using the oils, they look thick but otherwise look dead.

thanks

shanshimbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Ramone Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:04 pm

shanshimbo wrote:So does anybody have any opinion on my question above?

"how does existing hair get thicker? Does the existing hair get thicker in the current anagen stage or next anagen stage (meaning that when a hair goes through anagen, catagen, telogen, exogen and then the anagen starts again, will the same hair grow really thick)?"

My existing hair are limp and lifeless. By using the oils, they look thick but otherwise look dead.

thanks

You could try supplementing MSM to assist with your scalp recovering from calcification. Does make hair and skin look healthy if nothing else.

You may also have to look at foods you're potentially allergic to if you're still suffering from skin issues. A lot of people with gluten intollerance will have mad skin issues until they remove it from their diet.

Joey Ramone

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Ramone Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:08 pm

MovieJunkie89 wrote:Now that I got that off my chest let's get to the topical. I still have a completely full head of hair (Thank you God) but I know MPB is pretty much a lifelong battle so I still use the topical, I use it about 3x a week now. I was using it every single day when I first started it. Looking back I think I may have underrated the use of the dermaroller and Rosemary. I think it may have been those two things along with the other ingredients in the topical that helped me out.

So here is what I would recommend: Make the topical the way it is made in the video, and then add a generous amount of Rosemary oil to the mix (I usually put about a tablespoon of Rosemary but you can experiment with more or less). Use an 0.25mm dermaroller on your temples (Assuming you have hairloss there) and then apply the topical on to your scalp, you can add extra to your temples if you wish. You can leave it on for a good 15 minutes or longer if you have the time. The 0.25mm DR will allow maximum penetration of the topical which has now been enhanced due to the addition of rosemary. (Remember Rosemary ranks up there with Minoxidil in terms of hair regrowth).

Now apart from that I've been watching videos from Dr. Robert Morse on hair loss. Apart from DHT/PGD2 There is a lymphatic aspect of hair loss that seems to go unaddressed. I've been using his "Upper Circulation" tonic for about 3 weeks now as this is what he suggests for hair loss. However, I have no idea how to assess it since I already have a full head of hair. However, I do feel a rush of circulation to my temples and head area whenever I use it. Plus it seems to have good reviews on the internet : https://www.grapegate.com/testimonials/
https://www.pureformulas.com/healthy-circulation-upper-2-oz-by-dr-morses-cellular-botanicals.html
I'm not affiliated with Dr. Morse in any way (Because I know bitchass Xenon will try to say some shit later) nor am I trying to promote his products. And I had my regrowth due to the topical which was obviously way before I started using this tonic.

Now the other thing I want you guys to consider using is a stinging nettle tea along with ginger, lemons, parsley, apples and celery. Here is the video of how it is made: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CytM68z15_g
And the guy who used the stinging nettle tea posted before and afters: http://cookingforfriend.blogspot.com/2015/09/how-to-stop-hair-loss-and-strengthen_11.html

So let me summarize this since this is a long post:
1. Make the topical how it is made in the video but put in a tablespoon of rosemary oil.
2. Use an 0.25mm dermaroller for maximum penetration of the topical, this can be used everyday.
3. Watch some of Dr. Morse's videos on hair loss (I remember one of our members "HiIlikeYourBeard" mentioned him awhile back, hope he's doing okay). You can check out his Upper Circulation tonic if you wish.
4. Use the stinging nettle tea in conjunction with the topical so you have a 1-2 punch for hair loss.

Good luck to everyone and I hope you guys can beat this thing.

Hi MJ, thanks for coming back and sharing your experience.

Couple of questions, if that's cool.

1. Are you still using the 1.5mm dermaroller occasionally? or just the .25mm everyday now?
2. What do you make of that abnat formula your coworker was using previously? I thought about getting some, but the guy on the site is a norwood 9000 and it put me off.

Appreciate all you've provided already. Wish you a hairy future.

Joey Ramone

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:20 pm

LOL Complexx, you never give up, man... you told us you cured your baldness on the first page of this thread (within 2 months), "No point in me posting here anymore since I have beaten this curse". So, why, if you had your hairloss beat, would you move onto the works of this Dr Morse guy, then purchase his upper circulation tonic, use it, and then promote it? If I was so sure that a topical cured my hairloss, then I wouldn't feel the need to invest money into something else, so why did you? Answer: because you're a liar, that's why. So much for your magical coconut shampoo curing your thinning thatch (well it is a sham and a load of poo for sure) LMAO.

Oh, and not one progress pic (even cdto had the guts to defend his uploads when I scrutinized them), but that's fairly typical of you, Complexx... no issues lashing out like a cornered animal when someone questions the authenticity of your shampoo or requests a pic, but weirdly terrified of your pics being scrutinized. That's because you're an affiliate marketing leech and nothing more.

Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  shanshimbo Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:02 am

Joey Ramone wrote:You could try supplementing MSM to assist with your scalp recovering from calcification. Does make hair and skin look healthy if nothing else.

You may also have to look at foods you're potentially allergic to if you're still suffering from skin issues. A lot of people with gluten intollerance will have mad skin issues until they remove it from their diet.

Hey Joey,

I am already using MSM with the 3 times weekly hot oil treatment. And with my clean diet, i have already removed gluten.

But still my question is not answered !!! if the existing hair grows thicker in the current anagen after using all the treatments (shampoo, hot oil, dt-cpr) or does it grow thick in the next anagen stage.

Thanks

shanshimbo

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:51 pm

Iam going to repost the DT-CPR related comment by shanshimbo on the other DT-CPR main thread so we can discuss it there; and not derail this thread with details of DT_CPR and topicals. I hope it is not rude, I just want to reply to it with DT-CPR details and have others benefit from his experience. Here is where I reply.

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t11746p525-regrowth-photos-dt-cpr-method#130288

cdto2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:22 am

Hahaha, I'm a liar, okay. I have the mixture in my hair right now. Still no regrowth after months and months. Save your time, folks.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  shanshimbo Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:37 am

Hi Guys,

Currently i am not doing DR at all.

Should i be using DR .25 mm with the shampoo/hot oil treatments daily OR should i do 1.5 mm DR once every 2-3 weeks?

I think .25 mm DR might be better with the topical to be used everyday.

Also, how to use .25 mm DR. Do the DR on the scalp then use the topical right away or wait for few minutes and so on ..........

Which Derma Roller should i buy ? Any opinions?

Thanks

Last edited by shanshimbo on Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional comments)

shanshimbo

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:51 am

shanshimbo wrote:Hi Guys,

Currently i am not doing DR at all.

Should i be using DR .25 mm with the shampoo/hot oil treatments daily OR should i do 1.5 mm DR once every 2-3 weeks?

I think .25 mm DR might be better with the topical to be used everyday.

Also, how to use .25 mm DR. Do the DR on the scalp then use the topical right away or wait for few minutes and so on ..........

Which Derma Roller should i buy ? Any opinions?

Thanks

Hey shan

How does the 0.25mm DR feel?  I might start doing that, but lightly, just to stimulate my scalp periodically throughout the day (and pre-topical). Currently I'm actually using a boar bristle brush and smacking my scalp with it for the same reason.

If I use a really light pressure (ie not breaking the skin at all) with the 0.25mm one, can I do it for a long time or multiple times a day without harm?

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  shanshimbo Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:54 pm

See this guy on youtube,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1HIaZNY4Ko

he is using 1mm DR 5 days a week i think. And using lavender oil after DR to regrow. But i am not sure if 1 mm is safe for daily use.

I may try .5 mm and this topical. I think the oils needs to penetrate deeper than currently doing.

Last edited by shanshimbo on Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:28 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added a link)

shanshimbo

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:03 am

I have needled previously, there are plenty of threads that you can learn how to do it properly from. First, oils are not that helpful for skin recovery time. They seem to inhibit the process of healing wounds. Secondly, depending on your penetration level, it should be a few days before retreating the area. The point is to give time to heal and regenerate.

Next the general idea that oils penetrating deeper is not a common thought for a benefit. Oils are absorbed into the blood stream. I can taste cinnamon oil that I put on my scalp on my tongue a few minutes later. Pouring active oils or shampoo on fresh wounds is not a direction I would go.

Finally - I had wondered, why make a video about a shampoo product with so many exotic ingredients ? Mixing a large volume with soap and only leaving on for a few minutes seems an absurd waste. I think I discovered the reason a while back. One of the studies for showing regrow with caffeine used a shampoo with caffeine in it, and caffeine showed regrow potential.

Basically not sure why you would be super interested in a shampoo that is not producing results for most of the people trying it. The few of us that are getting results are just making simple oil mixes or applying caffeine topicals. Also most of us are doing other treatments.

cdto2012

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:46 am

cdto2012 wrote:I have needled previously, there are plenty of threads that you can learn how to do it properly from. First,  oils are not that helpful for skin recovery time. They seem to inhibit the process of healing wounds. Secondly,  depending on your penetration level,  it should be a few days before retreating the area.  The point is to give time to heal and regenerate.

Next the general idea that oils penetrating deeper is not a common thought for a benefit.  Oils are absorbed into the blood stream. I can taste cinnamon oil that I put on my scalp on my tongue a few minutes later.  Pouring active oils or shampoo on fresh wounds is not a direction I would go.

Finally - I had wondered,  why make a video about a shampoo product with so many exotic ingredients ?  Mixing a large volume with soap and only leaving on for a few minutes seems an absurd waste.  I think I discovered the reason a while back. One of the studies for showing regrow with caffeine used a shampoo with caffeine in it,  and caffeine showed regrow potential.

Basically not sure why you would be super interested in a shampoo that is not producing results for most of the people trying it. The few of us that are getting results are just making simple oil mixes or applying caffeine topicals. Also most of us are doing other treatments.

Ok thanks for the advice cd and shan

But what if I use it lightly enough that I don't penetrate the skin with the 0.25mm?  Like when I asked you about tapping/smacking my head with a boar bristle brush just for stimulation?

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:39 am

Their is a difference between not penetrating the skin, normal needling penetration, and not bleeding. What you are doing by not penetrating the skin is fine, just not giving the mild injury effect to the skin that normal needling is known for as a benefit. The brush sounds fine also.

cdto2012

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:52 am

cdto2012 wrote:Their is a difference between not penetrating the skin, normal needling penetration,  and not bleeding.  What you are doing by not penetrating the skin is fine,  just not giving the mild injury effect to the skin that normal needling is known for as a benefit.  The brush sounds fine also.

Hmm, alright, thanks a lot, since DR's are so darn cheap I guess it's worth a try.

Or I could even do 0.25mm normally with slightly stronger pressure on the weekends when I usually rest from DT-CPR.

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  shanshimbo Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:00 am

hi cdt,

how do you know oil inhibit the process of healing wounds? Can you provide some reference?

Also .25 mm Roller can not induce collagen. You need at least 0.5 mm to trigger collagen regeneration. 0.25 mm is only good for boosting topical product absorption.
http://dermarollerinfo.com/derma-roller-needle-size/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLFvO5Hqq9s

The guy on the youtube is using not .25mm, not .5mm but 1mm and he got a lot of regrowth on his hairline which is the most difficult area to regrow. but i think 1 mm is too much. Even the OP of this thread is using 1.5 mm, he got regrowth which i believe is mainly from the DR not so much from the oil. The oil helped but the main factor was DR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1HIaZNY4Ko

Another comment you made "Pouring active oils or shampoo on fresh wounds is not a direction I would go. ". But if someone can use minoxidil or caffeine after DR which causes fresh wounds then why not oil? I agree that maybe no need for shampoo but definitely oils can help with regrowth.

I am thinking to use the .5 mm DR  3 times a week. After DR, on the hairline/temples use only a mixture of lavender/rosemary/emu oil/green tea and on the rest of the scalp, use the hot oil treatment. And on the other 4 days, use the shampoo topical. This will keep the scalp moisturized on the days i am not doing the DR.

I know this is a lot of work but i am already doing shampoo topical 7 days in the morning and hot oil treatment 3 days a week. so the DR process will be less less work for me.

The only thing i am concerned about is: First of all i am somewhere between NW1 and NW2, more towards NW1. And i have long hair with thinning all over scalp but you cannot see my scalp. The concern is i can do DR easily on the hairline but on the rest of the scalp it won't be easy with long hair. I will have to see how i can do this.

Another question about buying DR is which DR to buy. what is good brand in the industry? Also i heard there is 120 needles vs 540. what is that all about?

thanks

Last edited by shanshimbo on Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : message)

shanshimbo

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:49 pm

As for oils slowing the healing of skin wounds,  I will say that it was a personal observation when I was doing enzyme treatments or had any other treatment that resulted in small scabs on the scalp. The oils soften the scab to the point of falling off too soon,  or disturbing the healing process so the wound healing was delayed for weeks sometimes.  I had to stop using oils until the wounds were healed.

I know that with DR, you are not supposed to penetrate to the level of  piercing the lower blood vessels and have visibe bleeding,  but the small capillaries that supply the outer skin are still wounded and have to heal. There are some recommended oils for healing occasional wounds like teatree etc,  but healing is a very complex chemical process. Oils can reduce oxygenation, add  natural chemicals,  and have effects on the healing process.  With that said,  I do use light oils with DT-CPR , and coconut oil that I clean off after an hour.  It is fresh puncture wounds that concerns me.  I agree with you that this is just general guidance,  not a scientific rule, as I put minoxidil on my needling punctures and got some regrow from the process. I think that after a few days after the DR the oils are probably fine.
  There is not much published on constantly rewounding the skin every few days.  Here is an article that shows how the fish oil anti inflammatory properties were changing the chemical reaction of the healing.

" SCIENTISTS SUSPECT OMEGA-3 FATTY ACIDS COULD SLOW ACUTE WOUND HEALING "
http://researchnews.osu.edu/archive/pufawounds.htm

This article about the benefits of olive oil orally help heal wounds,  but says
"  When it comes to wound healing, the first thing to know about olive oil is that it should not be directly applied to the affected area. As the University of Maryland Medical Center notes, you should never apply oil, ice or butter to the site – despite old wives’ tales – even if it is a first-degree burn that you choose to care for at home. Instead, olive oil can benefit the body during the recovery body through ingestion. "
http://www.advancedtissue.com/wound-healing-nutritional-advantages-olive-oil/

cdto2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next