Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» zombie cells
Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post) - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post) - Page 9 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post) - Page 9 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post) - Page 9 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post) - Page 9 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post) - Page 9 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post) - Page 9 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post) - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post) - Page 9 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post)

+34
water4838
drex1999
bov51
Joey Ramone
Themanofmankind1
shanshimbo
calvicie
bocor
young trunks
MikeGore
Hairy
froyd
SonofOdin
Resistance
Xenon
nad4321
MekalGill
Maverick70
Sage 1
Oker
Hairbeback
Mechanotransduction
lookalike
CampOfDavid
blue88
shaftless
sanderson
piranha
Growdamnit
The_End
johndoe1225
cdto2012
long hair
MovieJunkie89
38 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post) - Page 9 Empty Re: Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post)

Post  johndoe1225 Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:07 pm

cdto2012 wrote:As for oils slowing the healing of skin wounds,  I will say that it was a personal observation when I was doing enzyme treatments or had any other treatment that resulted in small scabs on the scalp. The oils soften the scab to the point of falling off too soon,  or disturbing the healing process so the wound healing was delayed for weeks sometimes.  I had to stop using oils until the wounds were healed.

I know that with DR, you are not supposed to penetrate to the level of  piercing the lower blood vessels and have visibe bleeding,  but the small capillaries that supply the outer skin are still wounded and have to heal. There are some recommended oils for healing occasional wounds like teatree etc,  but healing is a very complex chemical process. Oils can reduce oxygenation, add  natural chemicals,  and have effects on the healing process.  With that said,  I do use light oils with DT-CPR , and coconut oil that I clean off after an hour.  It is fresh puncture wounds that concerns me.  I agree with you that this is just general guidance,  not a scientific rule, as I put minoxidil on my needling punctures and got some regrow from the process. I think that after a few days after the DR the oils are probably fine.
  There is not much published on constantly rewounding the skin every few days.  Here is an article that shows how the fish oil anti inflammatory properties were changing the chemical reaction of the healing.

" SCIENTISTS SUSPECT OMEGA-3 FATTY ACIDS COULD SLOW ACUTE WOUND HEALING "
http://researchnews.osu.edu/archive/pufawounds.htm

This article about the benefits of olive oil orally help heal wounds,  but says
"  When it comes to wound healing, the first thing to know about olive oil is that it should not be directly applied to the affected area. As the University of Maryland Medical Center notes, you should never apply oil, ice or butter to the site – despite old wives’ tales – even if it is a first-degree burn that you choose to care for at home. Instead, olive oil can benefit the body during the recovery body through ingestion. "
http://www.advancedtissue.com/wound-healing-nutritional-advantages-olive-oil/

Gosh so much information to take in with all of this Neutral

So, I wonder...cd, what do you think a good routine for me would be if I used a 0.25mm DR?  Or should I stick to my boar bristle brush smacking method?  How long, how often, how hard, etc.?  I'm still doing your vitamin bottle method of course, that's my main thing.

I could stick to my brush method but I was just curious about how the DR feels in comparison, so I wanted to try.

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post) - Page 9 Empty Re: Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post)

Post  cdto2012 Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:06 pm

I started DT-CPR because it reminded me of the same soreness I would get when I needled and had limited success. Mostly I do not recommend them together. You need 3-4 days to recover from the punctures, and should not do DT-CPR during these days. I think DT-CPR does similar treatment and penetrates deeper, and moves fluids around better.

Mostly for me needling does not have much of a following for a really effective regrow treatment after 20 years of being out. I am sure there are followers of it on other forums, but it does not seem to be on the super effective list.

cdto2012

Back to top Go down

Post  shanshimbo Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:46 pm

Hi cd,

thanks for the response.

You stated "As for oils slowing the healing of skin wounds, I will say that it was a personal observation when I was doing enzyme treatments or had any other treatment that resulted in small scabs on the scalp. The oils soften the scab to the point of falling off too soon, or disturbing the healing process so the wound healing was delayed for weeks sometimes. I had to stop using oils until the wounds were healed. ".

I agree with this statement. if you get a scab and somehow you soften it, either by using oils or ointment or by using bandaid that softens it, and you remove the scab, this will definitely interrupt the healing process. The scab's purpose is to seal the wound and begin the healing to create a scar. but the oils are not at fault here because after scab formation, you cannot put anything on top of the scab to make it penetrate the skin to go inside.

Your second message about Wound healing using olive oil. the article talks about not using olive oil topically on burns. it does not say anywhere not using it for other type of injuries (like cut, scrapes e.t.c.). I think i agree with that article that not to use olive oil on burns, because risk of infection is too great.

I think i try out the process i laid out in my previous message using .5 mm DR. Let's see how it does. I have some fuzz on the hairline but it is too slow for me. i think by using DR i can improve the penetration of the oils.

I will be doing DR 3 times a week. but do you guys think i should do DT-CPR on the other days?

shanshimbo

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:49 am

Huh, alright thanks cd, guess I'll just stick to my brush method then.

EDIT:  Sorry, I forgot to ask, cd;

Since you mention the oils inhibiting the healing response, is it still ok to use whatever topical I'm using shortly after my DT-CPR session?  I know it doesn't break the skin or anything like DR does, but still.  How do you time your topicals?  You said you use some sort of caffeine topical, right?  Was it like coconut oil and green tea or something like that?

My current routine is (more or less) 30 minutes to 1 hour (more like 45 minutes) of DT-CPR in the morning (still on the standard vitamin bottle method), then applying avocado oil through my hair (not my scalp, although I'm sure lots of it ends up on my scalp anyway), followed by applying my main topical (which at the moment is coconut oil, green tea leaves, and a bunch of crushed garlic) after about an hour or two, followed by another DT-CPR session (much shorter though, maybe 10-20 minutes) in the evening.

I'm trying to work in my boar bristle brush tapping method in there somewhere too.

Oh, also I'm trying to work that giner, rosemary and lavender water based tea spray in too.

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:57 am

For DT-CPR I use cinnamon oil when pressing. Anytime I use the coconut oil with green tea in it. Pressing does not produce an open surface wound. I clean off the coconut oil with vodka an hour later.

There is plenty online about using oils to help heal wounds, but usually it is with a diluted or plain oil, not a pure concentrate extract. The extracts can be too powerful or irritating. The base plain oils like coconut or olive oil, coating your skin every day can slow down oxygen exchange and clog pores. Basically they can become like having oily skin, and if you have ever seen vegetable oil harden with oxygen exposure over time, it becomes a sticky thick substance.

cdto2012

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:00 am

cdto2012 wrote:For DT-CPR I use cinnamon oil when pressing.  Anytime I use the coconut oil with green tea in it. Pressing does not produce an open surface wound.   I clean off the coconut oil with vodka an hour later.

There is plenty online about using oils to help heal wounds,  but usually it is with a diluted or plain oil,  not a pure concentrate extract.  The extracts can be too powerful or irritating. The base plain oils like coconut or olive oil, coating your skin every day can slow down oxygen exchange and clog pores.  Basically they can become like having oily skin, and if you have ever seen vegetable oil harden with oxygen exposure over time,  it becomes a sticky thick substance.

Thanks!

I personally do my DT dry without oils, I find it easier. I apply my topicals etc. after DT.

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage 1 Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:31 am

This remedy can definitely work, but it lacks key factors.
Mine was almost identical in the beginning, but my first thought was that it lacks nutrients to actually promote new hairs.
So i added fresh cilantro, and new hairs started popping out.

To make the remedy really efficient, i would suggest to add fresh cilantro, rosemary from now and then into it.
Skip the coconut, lavender, castor oils, and just use rose hip oil instead since it penetrates the hair and skin easier, and can be washed out without shampooing.

Sage 1

Back to top Go down

Post  newuser Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:16 am

Sage 1 wrote:This remedy can definitely work, but it lacks key factors.
Mine was almost identical in the beginning, but my first thought was that it lacks nutrients to actually promote new hairs.

To make the remedy really efficient, i would suggest to add fresh cilantro, rosemary from now and then into it.
Skip the coconut, lavender, castor oils, and just use rose hip oil instead since it penetrates the hair and skin easier, and can be washed out without shampooing.

Great timing on this post Sage, I actually started the topical this week.  The ingredients I'm using are: one green tea bag, castor oil, emu oil and coconut oil.

I left out lavender oil, coconut milk and castile soap. I just use my own shampoo to wash my hair out.  Is it ok to leave these three ingredients out? Are they necessary?

newuser

Back to top Go down

Post  Schitz Popinov Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:04 am

Sage 1 wrote:This remedy can definitely work, but it lacks key factors.

@Sage1

What are you thoughts on using concentrated powder forms of the cilantro, rosemary, etc etc and create a paste from those?

Schitz Popinov

Back to top Go down

Post  newuser Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:50 am

Moviejunkie what is the main ingredient that's doing the job? Do you think it's the green tea?

newuser

Back to top Go down

Post  newuser Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:47 pm

I'll keep you updated.

newuser

Back to top Go down

Post  mirage Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:39 am

Registered to post a followup to this.  I've been modifying this formula and it seems to work pretty well for me.

Made the following changes to the basic recipe:
- Added 600mg caffeine powder
- Added 1000mg MSM
- Added 1 TSP Rosemary Oil
- Added 10 drops pure Tea Tree Oil
- Doubled Emu Oil to 2 TSP

Yields about 6oz the way I mix it up which I put into two 3oz bottles; keep one in the fridge and one "out" for use.  I use it twice a day (morning and evening) so a bottle lasts about 2-3 days max.

And I added a Theradome to the mix with daily use (math says you can do this)

Net result?  In nine months, gone from knocking on NW4 to, if you assume everything that got restarted has grown in completely - NW2 and that's pretty good.  It keeps on going so I've probably got another year or so before I've hit the limit of what this can do for me.

So thanks for this!  It has helped a lot and I thought I'd update this thread with my modifications to the basic recipe here.

mirage

Back to top Go down

Post  newuser Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:12 am

mirage wrote:Registered to post a followup to this.  I've been modifying this formula and it seems to work pretty well for me.

Made the following changes to the basic recipe:
- Added 600mg caffeine powder
- Added 1000mg MSM
- Added 1 TSP Rosemary Oil
- Added 10 drops pure Tea Tree Oil
- Doubled Emu Oil to 2 TSP

Yields about 6oz the way I mix it up which I put into two 3oz bottles; keep one in the fridge and one "out" for use.  I use it twice a day (morning and evening) so a bottle lasts about 2-3 days max.

And I added a Theradome to the mix with daily use (math says you can do this)

Net result?  In nine months, gone from knocking on NW4 to, if you assume everything that got restarted has grown in completely - NW2 and that's pretty good.  It keeps on going so I've probably got another year or so before I've hit the limit of what this can do for me.

So thanks for this!  It has helped a lot and I thought I'd update this thread with my modifications to the basic recipe here.

Hi what are all your exact ingredients? I tried this last year and it didn't work for me. BTW I left out the coconut milk and tea tree oil scalp massage.

newuser

Back to top Go down

Post  mirage Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:01 am

newuser wrote:

Hi what are all your exact ingredients?  I tried this last year and it didn't work for me. BTW  I left out the coconut milk and tea tree oil scalp massage.
Sure thing.  The exact recipe I use for this is as follows:

- 1.5 bags Green Tea, run through coffee grinder and powderized (I do batches of this; I upped to 1.5 bags because you lose some to the coffee grinder)
- 600mg pure caffeine powder
- 1000mg MSM
   * Steeped overnight in 3 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- Pull from freezer a 3 TBSP cube of coconut milk (I use 'House of Thai' - open the can, dump into a bowl, get a whisk, and blend the oil from the can into it before freezing) and let melt

To all that, add the following:
- 10 drops pure Tea Tree Oil
- 2 TSP Emu Oil
- 1 TSP Black Jamaican Castor Oil
- 1 TSP Rosemary Essential Oil
- 1 TSP Lavender Essential Oil
- 2 "heaping spoonfuls" unprocessed virgin coconut oil microwaved for about 20 seconds to melt it
- 3 TBSP Dr. Bronner's unscented castile soap

For the essential oils and coconut oil and olive oil, its whatever is cheap at the time.  The Emu Oil is Koru Naturals.  The Black Jamaican Caster Oil is whatever Amazon has cheap.

Mix with a small whisk until its all blended - the soap is really to bind it all together not for use as a shampoo.

I leave it on for at least a half hour, sometimes an hour.  Wash it out with Defense body wash (its another anti-fungal soap) and then, if morning, use T/Sal shampoo and then a keratin shampoo or if at night, just the keratin shampoo.

In the morning, I then hit it with the Theradome as soon as it has dried enough that I'm not going to create too much steam under the laser helmet.

As I said, it works for me - super slow but does show progress so I'm sticking with it - you know that routine right?  If you find something that does something, stick with it - this stuff seems to be different for everyone.

If you analyze the recipe and what I've found works for me, its mildly anti-DHT, gives a very mild minoxidil effect from the rosemary oil, the growth factors are the castor oil and the caffeine and the MSM - the coconut stuff helps the existing hair get better and with the tea tree oil, is mildly anti-microbial.  Don't really care about the olive oil, that I believe just helps the existing stuff get better and acts as "yet another" carrier oil.  I stick with it because I'm too lazy to investigate and swap it out for something that could be better.

I don't do a massage anymore.  I just slap a ton of this on my head and let it sit.

It could be its the laser helmet doing all the work.  I have no idea, but I'm getting something so I'm sticking with the entire routine as is so I don't stop forward progress.

But there you have it.  That's what I do and, well, its getting me some results so I'm sticking with it even though its VERY slow.  Better slow progress than loss right?

mirage

Back to top Go down

Post  newuser Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:04 am

mirage wrote:
newuser wrote:

Hi what are all your exact ingredients?  I tried this last year and it didn't work for me. BTW  I left out the coconut milk and tea tree oil scalp massage.
Sure thing.  The exact recipe I use for this is as follows:

- 1.5 bags Green Tea, run through coffee grinder and powderized (I do batches of this; I upped to 1.5 bags because you lose some to the coffee grinder)
- 600mg pure caffeine powder
- 1000mg MSM
   * Steeped overnight in 3 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- Pull from freezer a 3 TBSP cube of coconut milk (I use 'House of Thai' - open the can, dump into a bowl, get a whisk, and blend the oil from the can into it before freezing) and let melt

To all that, add the following:
- 10 drops pure Tea Tree Oil
- 2 TSP Emu Oil
- 1 TSP Black Jamaican Castor Oil
- 1 TSP Rosemary Essential Oil
- 1 TSP Lavender Essential Oil
- 2 "heaping spoonfuls" unprocessed virgin coconut oil microwaved for about 20 seconds to melt it
- 3 TBSP Dr. Bronner's unscented castile soap

For the essential oils and coconut oil and olive oil, its whatever is cheap at the time.  The Emu Oil is Koru Naturals.  The Black Jamaican Caster Oil is whatever Amazon has cheap.

Mix with a small whisk until its all blended - the soap is really to bind it all together not for use as a shampoo.

I leave it on for at least a half hour, sometimes an hour.  Wash it out with Defense body wash (its another anti-fungal soap) and then, if morning, use T/Sal shampoo and then a keratin shampoo or if at night, just the keratin shampoo.

In the morning, I then hit it with the Theradome as soon as it has dried enough that I'm not going to create too much steam under the laser helmet.

As I said, it works for me - super slow but does show progress so I'm sticking with it - you know that routine right?  If you find something that does something, stick with it - this stuff seems to be different for everyone.

If you analyze the recipe and what I've found works for me, its mildly anti-DHT, gives a very mild minoxidil effect from the rosemary oil, the growth factors are the castor oil and the caffeine and the MSM - the coconut stuff helps the existing hair get better and with the tea tree oil, is mildly anti-microbial.  Don't really care about the olive oil, that I believe just helps the existing stuff get better and acts as "yet another" carrier oil.  I stick with it because I'm too lazy to investigate and swap it out for something that could be better.

I don't do a massage anymore.  I just slap a ton of this on my head and let it sit.

It could be its the laser helmet doing all the work.  I have no idea, but I'm getting something so I'm sticking with the entire routine as is so I don't stop forward progress.

But there you have it.  That's what I do and, well, its getting me some results so I'm sticking with it even though its VERY slow.  Better slow progress than loss right?

From your ingredients I left out rosemary oil, MSM, Caffeine, castile soap, coconut milk and tee tree oil.  Maybe that's why I wasn't making any progress last year.  My blend last year was 1 green tea bag, coconut oil, lavender oil, emu oil and castor oil.

I don't think I'll be able to use everything, so what do you think are the most important ingredients to use?

newuser

Back to top Go down

Post  mirage Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:22 am

newuser wrote:
I don't think I'll be able to use everything, so what do you think are the most important ingredients to use?

Most of this stuff is really cheap.  I gave it to my mom who has thinning hair (she is in her 70s) and her dermatologist noted that my formula increased the shaft diameter 50% and told her to stick with it - so I know it works on at least two people now.

Hrm.  Doing a stripped-down version?  Really depends on what your issues are.  I took a guess at family history and my own stuff and figured it was stress and some child of my grandfather's psoriasis as my mom gets scaling so I adapted this formula for my particular purposes.

If I had to take a wild guess at "generic hair loss causes" then I'd strip it down to this and I'll give my rationale:

- Green Tea in Olive Oil
- Emu Oil
- Caffeine
- Coconut Milk
- Coconut Oil
- Tea Tree Oil

That'll give you an anti-inflammatory (Green Tea), an anti-inflammatory that drives other ingredients into the scalp (Emu Oil), a growth factor (Caffeine), an anti-microbial (Tea Tree Oil), and the coconut stuff is mildly anti-microbial but also improves the existing hair so it looks like you haven't lost as much.  I'd keep the coconut stuff just because it makes what's there look better.  Otherwise, if you don't care, remove that.

That is just a wild guess based on some generic knowledge of various causes of hair loss and knowing that dermatitis is pretty common.  So if I were to make a stripped-down "shotgun approach" then I'd start with that.

But really, it depends on your specific condition.  I got really lucky with my guesswork and when my mom ended up with problems, I piggy-backed on what she was being told.  The tweaks I made to the original formula ALL ended up speeding up recovery so my problem is likely some form of dermatitis and I plan to go argue with my doctor next time I see him and tell him to take his "But you're male and it happens" and shove it up his arse.

mirage

Back to top Go down

Post  newuser Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:29 am

mirage wrote:
newuser wrote:

Most of this stuff is really cheap.  I gave it to my mom who has thinning hair (she is in her 70s) and her dermatologist noted that my formula increased the shaft diameter 50% and told her to stick with it - so I know it works on at least two people now.

Hrm.  Doing a stripped-down version?  Really depends on what your issues are.  I took a guess at family history and my own stuff and figured it was stress and some child of my grandfather's psoriasis as my mom gets scaling so I adapted this formula for my particular purposes.

If I had to take a wild guess at "generic hair loss causes" then I'd strip it down to this and I'll give my rationale:

- Green Tea in Olive Oil
- Emu Oil
- Caffeine
- Coconut Milk
- Coconut Oil
- Tea Tree Oil

That'll give you an anti-inflammatory (Green Tea), an anti-inflammatory that drives other ingredients into the scalp (Emu Oil), a growth factor (Caffeine), an anti-microbial (Tea Tree Oil), and the coconut stuff is mildly anti-microbial but also improves the existing hair so it looks like you haven't lost as much.  I'd keep the coconut stuff just because it makes what's there look better.  Otherwise, if you don't care, remove that.

That is just a wild guess based on some generic knowledge of various causes of hair loss and knowing that dermatitis is pretty common.  So if I were to make a stripped-down "shotgun approach" then I'd start with that.

But really, it depends on your specific condition.  I got really lucky with my guesswork and when my mom ended up with problems, I piggy-backed on what she was being told.  The tweaks I made to the original formula ALL ended up speeding up recovery so my problem is likely some form of dermatitis and I plan to go argue with my doctor next time I see him and tell him to take his "But you're male and it happens" and shove it up his arse.

Thanks man. My issue is a receding hairline (which is mpb), I take it you don't have mpb? Would this even be effective against mpb?

I am currently trying onion and garlic juice but no progress yet. I'm thinking of using your mixture alongside it.

newuser

Back to top Go down

Post  mirage Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:51 am

newuser wrote:
Thanks man.  My issue is a receding hairline (which is mpb), I take it you don't have mpb? Would this even be effective against mpb?
There are a ton of things that can cause hair loss and make it look like its pattern.

Frontal Fibrossing Alopecia is a fungus infection that my mom has which took her hairline back a half-inch before it was stopped.  That will LOOK like a standard receding hairline on males but it isn't what you think of when you think "pattern hair loss".

So really, its a matter of "figure out what is wrong with you, correct that, then figure out how to get regrowth".

Keep in mind, only 10% of people out there have a genetic predisposition to 'pattern' hair loss.  For most people then, its something else.  Iron deficiency, dermatitis - could be anything.

I've got really nasty back acne that is a yeast infection best I can tell.  Throwing tea tree oil at it is starting to get it under control (another thing to yell at my doctor about; STOP TELLING ME TO TRY TETRACYCLINE IT MAKES IT WORSE!) - and doing that got the hairloss under control.

Yes, I have 'pattern' loss.  A big divot in the back and frontal recession.  Getting the back acne under control started the hair regrowing.  The rest of it is me tweaking this recipe because it helped get that going and tailoring it to my particular problems.

Sadly, that's probably the best I can do for you.  Take a look at yourself.  If you get zits on your back and chest, you've probably got a fungus problem -- and that will get up into your scalp and cause "pattern" loss.  "Pattern" loss starts where blood flow is least and spreads from there.  So if you get back acne, start hitting it with tea tree oil body washes and hit your scalp with that too.  If you notice that gets things under control a bit, go scream at your doctor for antifungals.  That'll then take care of you.

As a side note, I've gotten enough back that I don't look like my wedding picture anymore.  Bothers the other half so she is both happy and wigged out at the same time because, "Guys don't get it back".  Heh.

mirage

Back to top Go down

Post  newuser Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:46 am

mirage wrote:
newuser wrote:
Thanks man.  My issue is a receding hairline (which is mpb), I take it you don't have mpb? Would this even be effective against mpb?
There are a ton of things that can cause hair loss and make it look like its pattern.

Frontal Fibrossing Alopecia is a fungus infection that my mom has which took her hairline back a half-inch before it was stopped.  That will LOOK like a standard receding hairline on males but it isn't what you think of when you think "pattern hair loss".

So really, its a matter of "figure out what is wrong with you, correct that, then figure out how to get regrowth".

Keep in mind, only 10% of people out there have a genetic predisposition to 'pattern' hair loss.  For most people then, its something else.  Iron deficiency, dermatitis - could be anything.

I've got really nasty back acne that is a yeast infection best I can tell.  Throwing tea tree oil at it is starting to get it under control (another thing to yell at my doctor about; STOP TELLING ME TO TRY TETRACYCLINE IT MAKES IT WORSE!) - and doing that got the hairloss under control.

Yes, I have 'pattern' loss.  A big divot in the back and frontal recession.  Getting the back acne under control started the hair regrowing.  The rest of it is me tweaking this recipe because it helped get that going and tailoring it to my particular problems.

Sadly, that's probably the best I can do for you.  Take a look at yourself.  If you get zits on your back and chest, you've probably got a fungus problem -- and that will get up into your scalp and cause "pattern" loss.  "Pattern" loss starts where blood flow is least and spreads from there.  So if you get back acne, start hitting it with tea tree oil body washes and hit your scalp with that too.  If you notice that gets things under control a bit, go scream at your doctor for antifungals.  That'll then take care of you.

As a side note, I've gotten enough back that I don't look like my wedding picture anymore.  Bothers the other half so she is both happy and wigged out at the same time because, "Guys don't get it back".  Heh.

How long did it take to see regrowth?

newuser

Back to top Go down

Post  mirage Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:12 am

newuser wrote:
With this formula? The bald spot in the back started to show signs of coming back in about 5-6 months using it once a day. There was a small patch that appeared in the center of it to start with.

So I started with it in August/September last year. By February there were some sprouts so I started tweaking the formula. I added the laser helmet in February, the Caffeine and MSM in March and the Tea Tree Oil about six weeks ago when I took it to using this topical twice a day. Each tweak to customize to my own personal situation sped things forward. The temples are what I've been watching; those had gone back into a widow's peak and came forward, filled in, and rounded out. The back is still thin but filling in. The diffuse thinning is filling in. Its all slow but there is progress which is why I am sticking with it. There isn't a bit of where the hair vanished that doesn't show some signs of trying to come back. Its getting to where it is looking like I'm just starting to lose it instead of having lost it so I'm happy with that. Mostly it just needs to grow out a little and it won't be obvious then that something happened.

But I've responded to things before, just very slowly. This stuff, with tweaks, is working faster than anything else I've tried so I'm sticking with it even though its a PITA.

I wish I knew which part of this thing was doing all the work and I'd cut out all the rest. But I am getting progress so I'm sticking with the whole thing, even though its a pain.

mirage

Back to top Go down

Post  newuser Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:18 am

mirage wrote:
newuser wrote:
With this formula?  The bald spot in the back started to show signs of coming back in about 5-6 months using it once a day.  There was a small patch that appeared in the center of it to start with.  

So I started with it in August/September last year.  By February there were some sprouts so I started tweaking the formula.  I added the laser helmet in February, the Caffeine and MSM in March and the Tea Tree Oil about six weeks ago when I took it to using this topical twice a day.  Each tweak to customize to my own personal situation sped things forward.  The temples are what I've been watching; those had gone back into a widow's peak and came forward, filled in, and rounded out.  The back is still thin but filling in.  The diffuse thinning is filling in.  Its all slow but there is progress which is why I am sticking with it.  There isn't a bit of where the hair vanished that doesn't show some signs of trying to come back.  Its getting to where it is looking like I'm just starting to lose it instead of having lost it so I'm happy with that.  Mostly it just needs to grow out a little and it won't be obvious then that something happened.

But I've responded to things before, just very slowly.  This stuff, with tweaks, is working faster than anything else I've tried so I'm sticking with it even though its a PITA.

I wish I knew which part of this thing was doing all the work and I'd cut out all the rest.  But I am getting progress so I'm sticking with the whole thing, even though its a pain.

Thanks for your detailed response. Do you mind PM me some progress pics? I'm not saying I don't belive you but I've experienced way to many cases on hair loss forums of people running away or getting ultra defensive, when asked for proof of their claims.

newuser

Back to top Go down

Post  mirage Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:39 am

newuser wrote:

Thanks for your detailed response. Do you mind PM me some progress pics? I'm not saying I don't belive you but I've experienced way to many cases on hair loss forums of people running away or getting ultra defensive, when asked for proof of their claims.

I'll see what I can come up with. I actually did not take progress pictures but I do have some old ID photos that can be compared against I can PM you. This is sort of a personal/family project type of thing.

I'll ask my wife to take some pictures of the "buzzcut" stuff in the front that is coming back and of the back bald spot which is coming back and has "buzzcut length" hair in it now as well so you can see that too. If I take a shot from the front and compare it to an old ID photo you can see the stuff coming back in the front pretty readily.

Will that work?

mirage

Back to top Go down

Post  newuser Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:47 am

mirage wrote:

Will that work?

Try and get the same or similar lighting and angles.  Otherwise that's great, thanks. Very Happy

newuser

Back to top Go down

Post  mirage Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:59 am

newuser wrote:
Try and get the same or similar lighting and angles.  Otherwise that's great, thanks. Very Happy
I'll do what I can. I put together one image that sorta sucks but its the best I can do at the moment since I didn't really keep track of it. I just used a couple of older photos to compare against.

I'll have more later on tonight.

mirage

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9