Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» zombie cells
Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post) - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post) - Page 7 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post) - Page 7 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post) - Page 7 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post) - Page 7 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post) - Page 7 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post) - Page 7 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post) - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post) - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post)

+34
water4838
drex1999
bov51
Joey Ramone
Themanofmankind1
shanshimbo
calvicie
bocor
young trunks
MikeGore
Hairy
froyd
SonofOdin
Resistance
Xenon
nad4321
MekalGill
Maverick70
Sage 1
Oker
Hairbeback
Mechanotransduction
lookalike
CampOfDavid
blue88
shaftless
sanderson
piranha
Growdamnit
The_End
johndoe1225
cdto2012
long hair
MovieJunkie89
38 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post) - Page 7 Empty Re: Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post)

Post  drex1999 Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:42 pm

Prior to MovieJunkie's attempt and success with this deal, I had talked to him privately on occasions about our quest to conquer this problem. I don't really follow these boards anymore so this topical goop was new to me. After his success, he told me how this worked for him and how I should try it. I was/am ok with where DT had landed me and wasn't totally wanting to slather crap on my head but his insistence on how well this worked and how it would fill in and thicken whatever was still lacking made me  climb aboard the train. I started at the beginning of June with no hope of this working, or even if it did work a bit, how I would be able to see in my existing hair.

Even a week or two ago, I thought it had done nothing. But this past weekend, my hair seemed thicker and I got around tonight to sticking my head up under my bathroom mirror lights and holy shit, I have thin terminal hairs spread throughout existing hair in my temples. From what I can tell at this point, it looks like I have more new hair coming from the back forward and also along my original hairline. Weird.

I tweaked it a little bit to make it work for my life, knowing I could possibly alter it's effect. Maybe this can help you. I had no desire to be mixing up batches every few days so I compared coconut milk to coconut oil. From what I could find, coconut oil is a more potent version of coconut milk. The only thing extra the milk has is sugar, which makes it go bad. I made two batches at once, without coconut milk and they lasted all this time.
Secondly, I wondered why you have to cut a teabag open and deal with the leaves in your hair. I steeped the teabags in the oils a few days before using and then squished the teabags out into the mixture and removed them.
Lastly, the soap made no sense to me and a waste of an expensive concoction spreading it through all your hair. With no soap, I just applied this under my hair daily to my scalp only, 20-30 minutes before a shower and washed my hair normally.

So, my tweaks are no coconut milk, no soap, steep the teabags and just apply to your scalp before a shower. Two batches at the beginning of June have lasted me 7 weeks now. I may have added a bit more olive oil to make up for the lack of milk to keep the consistency somewhat the same.

MovieJunkie, props to you for banging the drum.

Edit: I should add. The hairs I can now see are a good half an inch long. That tells me they didn't pop out of the scalp terminal. They are, by my humble opinion, vellus hairs that must have started lengthening a week or two after starting this and in the past week have pigmented. Based on how I have seen new hair growth in the past with my experiments, next they will/should thicken up into solid regular hairs. So, if you wanted to know how it comes about and what to look for...there it is. Have at her.

Last edited by drex1999 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

drex1999

Back to top Go down

Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post) - Page 7 Empty Re: Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post)

Post  cdto2012 Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:30 pm

Wow, sounds hopeful.. thanks for checking in Drex .

I did a bit of research about the ability of caffeine (green tea) to last and not degrade over time. There are a few conflicting tests, but basically some bacteria or fungus can degrade the caffeine in days. This was mostly based on water based solutions like coffee and the caffeine content after being stored. Obviously soft drinks do not degrade the caffeine if stored unopened. In oil I guess with oil there is not much oxygen, so hopefully the caffeine will stay active. It can crystallize and stick to the container or bottom.
I am glad to see others simplifying the process and getting results. I add the bit of apple cider vinegar to try to preserve the water based green tea that I put on a clean scalp. Then I store in the fridge.

With the simplified version I only use a few drops of the water tea, and a few drops of the oil with tea leaves soaking. Very easy to apply a few times a day if I feel like it.

If I could easily order pure caffeine crystals I would experiment with them in different % solutions. I am sure they are pretty easily ordered online in a normal country.

cdto2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Mechanotransduction Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:26 am

I've been trying this topical for the past three months now and I am pretty impressed with the results I've seen so far. Not sure if the growth I've seen is significant but it has definitely reduced my shedding. I should also mention the topical I tried was a slight variation. I've been applying the mixture of oils with green tea to my hair and then washing out my hair with the Castille soap. I just felt this was more effective. Before apply the concoction I massage my scalp (Normally pressing really hard - similar to DT), then the let oils sit overnight and then wash in the morning. I try to do this every three days.

I've attached before and current pic of my left temple. I tried my best to keep the angle and length of my hair the same.
Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post) - Page 7 Before10
Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post) - Page 7 After10

Mechanotransduction

Back to top Go down

Post  piranha Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:12 am

well I made the ingredients into a topical lotion with b6+zinc, using it 2 times a day and I have taken baseline pics and I will share my results if I have see regrowth

piranha

Back to top Go down

Post  shaftless Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:44 am

Mechanotransduction wrote:I've been trying this topical for the past three months now and I am pretty impressed with the results I've seen so far. Not sure if the growth I've seen is significant but it has definitely reduced my shedding. I should also mention the topical I tried was a slight variation. I've been applying the mixture of oils with green tea to my hair and then washing out my hair with the Castille soap. I just felt this was more effective. Before apply the concoction I massage my scalp (Normally pressing really hard - similar to DT), then the let oils sit overnight and then wash in the morning. I try to do this every three days.

I've attached before and current pic of my left temple. I tried my best to keep the angle and length of my hair the same.
Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post) - Page 7 Before10
Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post) - Page 7 After10

I wonder why your temple hair is half white and half dark in the first pic but all dark in the second one.

shaftless

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:21 am

Looks like the way the camera white balanced the exposure. Very hard to see new regrow unless you find a way to light it from behind to illuminate the new hairs. Great to see people posting pics and seeing up close improvements.

I am definitely a supporter of the core of this topical. If you want to read my version of the process, and the continued regrow with DT-CPR history

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t11945-selected-dt-cpr-photographs
also the linked main thread around this date

cdto2012

Back to top Go down

Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post) - Page 7 Empty Dermarolling Step

Post  shanshimbo Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:33 pm

The OP stated derma roll once a week. but according to him, it is an optional step. Will i still see regrowth? Please anybody post your opinion

shanshimbo

Back to top Go down

Post  water4838 Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:37 am

shanshimbo wrote:The OP stated derma roll once a week. but according to him, it is an optional step. Will i still see regrowth? Please anybody post your opinion

I'm also curious about this. How important is the dermarolling step?

Also, what size is recommended? I read that 1.5mm and above should only be done under supervision of professionals.

Thanks all!

water4838

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:54 am

Hi,  a little difficult to remember,  but I think Movie Junkie was talking with RebornHairPPP about his  recommended dermarolling massage process. Both have claimed extraordinary results,  and are younger guys.

RebornHairPPP process - where they talked I would have to check around
https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t12098-10-month-update-regrew-60-70-of-hair-naturally-with-no-drugs?highlight=drugs

I am a supporter of dermarolling , and have had results with it also years ago.   Alone I do not see a massive number of regrow claims.   Movie Junkie was also practicing DT-CPR and other things. One of the guys was also using a violet ray elecro stimulator, maybe him.

Basically it comes down to each person to get an individual response.  In the vids the guy was also adding the topical of mixed oils, beyond the shampoo..  In my theory it is the caffeine that is the main active ingredient.

So I would say that needling is worth a try.  Most importantly is to find a process that you can stay with for many months.

cdto2012

Back to top Go down

Post  water4838 Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:46 pm

cdto2012 wrote:Hi,  a little difficult to remember,  but I think Movie Junkie was talking with RebornHairPPP about his  recommended dermarolling massage process. Both have claimed extraordinary results,  and are younger guys.

RebornHairPPP  process - where they talked I would have to check around
https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t12098-10-month-update-regrew-60-70-of-hair-naturally-with-no-drugs?highlight=drugs

I am a supporter of dermarolling , and have had results with it also years ago.   Alone I do not see a massive number of regrow claims.   Movie Junkie was also practicing DT-CPR and other things. One of the guys was also using a violet ray elecro stimulator, maybe him.

Basically it comes down to each person to get an individual response.  In the vids the guy was also adding the topical of mixed oils, beyond the shampoo..  In my theory it is the caffeine that is the main active ingredient.

So I would say that needling is worth a try.  Most importantly is to find a process that you can stay with for many months.

Thanks cdto! I visited the thread you linked but can't seem to find the part where they talk about dermarolling. Also looked at videos of RebornHair and it seems he's doing a massage on the scalp.

Can I ask about your dermarolling experience? What did length did you use and how did you use it? Are you still dermarolling along with your DT regimen now?

Lastly, since it comes down to each person's individual response, what would be a good start? For example, going to the doctor (not sure what doctor) and see if there are vitamin deficiencies / allergic reactions, etc.? For my part, I have already been going to the dermatologist and have been diagnosed with psoriasis / dermatitis on the scalp but its on the part of the scalp that I do not lose hair so I think that's not the reason.

water4838

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:20 pm

Hi,    I did look through all of Movie Junkie's posts and did not find where he was conversing much about dermarolling. It must have been one of the other guys.

Dermarolling is a part of RebornHairPPP  process and both of them were both doing forms of massage and dermarolling. I follow so many threads it is tricky to keep all the details in mind.

I was doing freehand needling and was doing it early on in the experimental stage of the science.  I was jabbing as deep as I could without bleeding.  I thought this was responsible for the degree and fast response of the regrow that I did see and record. I did stop the treatment after a few months because I was using minoxidil as part of the treatment and hated the product, and was not sure how much of the growth was due to it.

My overall conclusion is that the pressing massage DT-CPR method does much of what dermarolling does. There are many advantages with pressing; in that the penetration level is deeper,  blood flow is pressure induced,  scalp is pressed out of oils,  calcification break up, recovery time less, along with the benefits of cellular regeneration associated with minor wounding. Here is the main link of the method.  

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t11746-regrowth-photos-dt-cpr-method
recent photos
https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t11945-selected-dt-cpr-photographs

Movie junkie did extensive postings about how much of a benefit this method was in regenerating his scalp, and he practiced it daily.  Below is the list of his posts where he begins to mention this method, and it continues for many pages

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/spa/MovieJunkie89/100

Anyhow if you are really into dermarolling,  I would recommend finding the latest from the guys that are doing it.  I know this forum has a few active guys.   Looks hopeful that we are honing in on some techniques that will work for many

cdto2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Reborn Hair PPP Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:34 pm

Hey water,

First of all, thanks for chiming in cdto2012. I haven't forgotten about your last post on 7/21/2016 on my thread regarding dermarolling. I have been extremely swamped with multiple job projects. I guess this is a bad sign I am taking too much on my plate. I apologize for such a long time delay. I will get back cdto2012 shortly to your response.

As far as dermarolling, my detailed regimen is posted on one of my 10 month update videos on YouTube in the description box. I basically use a 1.5mm dermaroller because that's what they used in the study and dermaroll my entire scalp, mainly temples, frontal, crown, and mid-top regions. I apply 60 horizontal and 60 vertical strokes in each balding region. It usually take me about 1-1 1/2 hours to complete the session. I wait about 2-3 weeks before starting my next session. I also sterilize the roller before and after each use. Bear in mind, my scalp becomes moderately bloody. To circumvent an infection, I then apply apple cider vinegar and leave it on overnight.

My overall experience: my body responded quite well with dermarolling. I would say, 70% of my regrowth was attributed to the dermaroller, 20% to bristle boar brushing/tapping, and the remaining 10% to DT. I am still have some trouble regrowing the left frontal region. This area has remained very stagnant for a long time now and I am not sure why it's not responsive as my right and left temples. Maybe you or cdto2012 can chime in?

My diet is pretty much up-to-par and my temp readings are on average around 98.3 degrees.

I hope this helps and don't give up the fight!
Reborn Hair PPP
Reborn Hair PPP

Back to top Go down

Post  water4838 Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:04 pm

Thanks cdto and Reborn. Really appreciate you guys taking the time to reply!

water4838

Back to top Go down

Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post) - Page 7 Empty Results? :)

Post  CampOfDavid Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:32 am

Anyone seeing results from this yet?
CampOfDavid
CampOfDavid

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:25 am

3 months in of doing this religiously everyday. I have seen no regrowth on my hairline at all. My hair quality seems great, but no regrowth.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post) - Page 7 Empty RE: Grow...

Post  CampOfDavid Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:45 am

Thank you for keeping it up and being honest about your results.
CampOfDavid
CampOfDavid

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:31 pm

As I have eluded to in the past, I am considering the caffeine to be the active ingredient.  The video process allows minimum  caffeine transfer to the scalp.  A few of us are soaking  the green tea in the oil for long periods,  and are reporting progressive results.   If you consider caffeine as the active ingredient,  you then can research what types of MPB conditions are expected to be  useful for.   Here are a few links .  The first statement makes me think that a combo of treatment methods is a better bet for good results. 

http://www.progressivehealth.com/caffeine-for-hair-loss.htm

"
The study found that the caffeine was able to slow the progression of hair loss, but was not able to fully stimulate hair growth after balding had occurred.

In 2007, a study published in the International Journal of Dermatology examined the effects of caffeine on hair follicles versus the effects of testosterone on hair follicles. The researchers found that hair treated with testosterone showed significant growth suppression. Caffeine was able to counteract this damage and also stimulated hair follicle growth. The researchers were so encouraged by these findings, they stated that early enough intervention with caffeine may even be able to slow the progression of genetic-related hair loss.
However, the researchers did note that caffeine was not effective against immune-related hair loss. In 2014, supporting research also published in the International Journal of Dermatology found that caffeine was able to suppress hair loss and stimulate hair growth. This study found that caffeine applied to the scalp blocks the effects of DHT, which is a chemical that damages hair follicles and is a by-product of testosterone. The high presence of DHT is one reason why men often have more visible hair loss than women.  "

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=caffiene+dht+blocker+hair&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=1Ji_V6a1EZmQvQSUrp2ACA

cdto2012

Back to top Go down

Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post) - Page 7 Empty question for sage1

Post  shanshimbo Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:52 am

sage1,

you said in your post a few pages back "So strange since i used the same remedy, and many was questioning the method itself, and if all the oils was really necessary. (and you posted also, and used it before?)
Had to post pictures of my progress, and tried to make it more effective during since it lacked nutrients.

And you are questioning why i question the US way?
The rich variety of luxurious oils will not regrow hair, since it docent contain a trigger.
"
What is the trigger that you were talking about?

shanshimbo

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:29 pm

Moviejunkie really hyped this one up big. His claims of noticing regrowth in mere weeks clearly does not reflect reality. According to Grow's post he has already completed three months of the topical with no regrowth to show for it. Everyone wants to regrow their hair but looking to a NW1 for a hair loss guru is not a good idea.

Towards the end, he was becoming very frustrated with this forum and his hair loss condition. Even to the point of lashing out and belittling people based upon their NW level. I believe this thread was really just his way of convincing himself, and us, that he had solved this and moved on with his life. If anyone questioned the method, or even asked legitimate questions, it was met with aggressive hostility... this is not the sort of behavior someone confident in their regimen would exhibit. It's almost as if he feared his belief he'd solved his hair loss might come toppling down, and so he became very emotionally invested.

The more likely scenario is, if any regrowth could be seen at all, it was likely simply the hair loss cycle at work. Even those without hair loss have periods of their hair looking thicker, and then thinner at other times. Many people, including myself, do not even consider NW1 to be hair loss.

Anyway, this may or may not work. If it does, it is not the magical tonic it was advertised to be. Like any regimen, it's going to take 8-12 months to determine if it is truly working. I think the takeaway here is not to give in to the hype so easy. I won't ever forget the time a veteran poster came in here, sold a bunch of forum goers some overpriced salt water that he was making commission off of, claimed tons of regrowth in mere days, and then vanished after cashing in. Sometimes its money, or other times, such as in this case, it is the user desperately wanting to believe he'd found the holy grail, and if he could convince others of this too, it would reinforce the beliefs he'd begun to establish and comfort him in this shitty genetic curse we've all found ourselves under.

No hate on those doing the topical. Let me reiterate: the topical may or may not work, but the way it was presented does not reflect the reality of the situation, and if anyone wishes to make this risk, I encourage you to set your expectations realistically and provide yourself a long enough time window to see if it does anything.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:29 pm

I won't ever forget the time a veteran poster came in here, sold a bunch of forum goers some overpriced salt water that he was making commission off of

LOL I don't remember this scam... can't believe I let that bypass my awareness.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:22 am

SonofOdin wrote:Moviejunkie really hyped this one up big. His claims of noticing regrowth in mere weeks clearly does not reflect reality. According to Grow's post he has already completed three months of the topical with no regrowth to show for it. Everyone wants to regrow their hair but looking to a NW1 for a hair loss guru is not a good idea.

Towards the end, he was becoming very frustrated with this forum and his hair loss condition. Even to the point of lashing out and belittling people based upon their NW level. I believe this thread was really just his way of convincing himself, and us, that he had solved this and moved on with his life. If anyone questioned the method, or even asked legitimate questions, it was met with aggressive hostility... this is not the sort of behavior someone confident in their regimen would exhibit. It's almost as if he feared his belief he'd solved his hair loss might come toppling down, and so he became very emotionally invested.

The more likely scenario is, if any regrowth could be seen at all, it was likely simply the hair loss cycle at work. Even those without hair loss have periods of their hair looking thicker, and then thinner at other times. Many people, including myself, do not even consider NW1 to be hair loss.

Anyway, this may or may not work. If it does, it is not the magical tonic it was advertised to be. Like any regimen, it's going to take 8-12 months to determine if it is truly working. I think the takeaway here is not to give in to the hype so easy. I won't ever forget the time a veteran poster came in here, sold a bunch of forum goers some overpriced salt water that he was making commission off of, claimed tons of regrowth in mere days, and then vanished after cashing in. Sometimes its money, or other times, such as in this case, it is the user desperately wanting to believe he'd found the holy grail, and if he could convince others of this too, it would reinforce the beliefs he'd begun to establish and comfort him in this shitty genetic curse we've all found ourselves under.

No hate on those doing the topical. Let me reiterate: the topical may or may not work, but the way it was presented does not reflect the reality of the situation, and if anyone wishes to make this risk, I encourage you to set your expectations realistically and provide yourself a long enough time window to see if it does anything.
At least you and some others take me seriously. I'm sarcastic as all hell, but I'll be damned sure to tell the truth when it comes to losing and growing my hair.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:12 pm

Growdamnit wrote:
Sage 1 wrote:
Growdamnit wrote:I see no regrowth thus far.

What do you think is lacking?
I have no clue. Does it seem to me that my vellus hairs are growing? Yes. But I'm not convinced yet.

Growdamnit-  I do believe your appraisal is honest.  I am a big fan of "micro growth ",  and had to be to stick with my pressing process to get through the many months of "mini developing hairs" regrow. 

The smallest amount of regrow for vellus hairs means that you have stopped the loss, and reversed to grow mode.

Of course my results are with mixed methods,  but I really think that caffeine is a real accelerator to regrow. Perhaps not a quick reanimator of dead follicles,  but just a focus on the value of really watching with proper lighting and photographs.  The photographs really show the close up and tell the story.

cdto2012

Back to top Go down

Success/Farewell/Parting Advice (Very Long Post) - Page 7 Empty Results?

Post  CampOfDavid Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:13 am

Does anyone doing this have any results to report (maintenance or regrowth; or nothing)?
CampOfDavid
CampOfDavid

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:47 am

CampOfDavid wrote:Does anyone doing this have any results to report (maintenance or regrowth; or nothing)?
Have been doing it for 4 months with no regrowth.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:03 am

Growdamnit wrote:
CampOfDavid wrote:Does anyone doing this have any results to report (maintenance or regrowth; or nothing)?
Have been doing it for 4 months with no regrowth.

That's because...  Moviejunkie was Complexx scamming again. He bullshitted you all, refused (in typical Complexx fashion) to upload progress pics, plugged a shitload of branded products, then dusted.

I knew it was him from the start when he used a signature phrase the dummy has used many times before.Then, when I pointed it out to him, he realized his error would incriminate him, so swiftly deleted it.

Sorry you got duped by him.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next