Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
What doesn't work and does work - a rewrite - Page 2 EmptyToday at 1:05 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
What doesn't work and does work - a rewrite - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
What doesn't work and does work - a rewrite - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
What doesn't work and does work - a rewrite - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
What doesn't work and does work - a rewrite - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
What doesn't work and does work - a rewrite - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
What doesn't work and does work - a rewrite - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
What doesn't work and does work - a rewrite - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
What doesn't work and does work - a rewrite - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

What doesn't work and does work - a rewrite

+31
CampOfDavid
spawnben
john3333
cdto2012
hairmaniac
Hole
sanderson
johndoe1225
australian
masterofnone
abetz85
turbojet
Hairbeback
Serge
bayman
Gates
herbalman
zarathustra
Sage 1
Nanas
Grub
bov51
ElmoSuper8
lamka
TheDivineMarquis
focuspoint
Columbo
CausticSymmetry
Growdamnit
iuyyighghghgkh
35 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

What doesn't work and does work - a rewrite - Page 2 Empty Re: What doesn't work and does work - a rewrite

Post  ElmoSuper8 Fri May 22, 2015 5:14 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:I casually experiment with one or two odd items, but maintain the regimen in my signature,
the topicals are just as important.
also alter it based on circumstances or whatever

How's it all working out for you? Have you managed to halt your hair loss/ scalp inflammation ?

Also, what is your experience of the IdeaLabs supplements? Have you had any positive benefits from them? If you were on a limited budget and could only afford a few of their supplement line which would you choose?

You still supplementing with Great Lakes Gelatin? I think its good stuff but am only taking 2 tablespoons a day (22 grams protein). Do you think it would be better to take, 4?

Cheers.

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

What doesn't work and does work - a rewrite - Page 2 Empty Re: What doesn't work and does work - a rewrite

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Fri May 22, 2015 8:49 am

hair loss halted.
they are great supplemets. yes, i have sprouted new hair.
on a budget - make solban yourself. buy caffeine/niacin/aspirin or salicylic acid powder. use as a spray bottle.the rest aren't necessary. mix it all together, put it in a mist bottle. solban is 5 sprays = 1ml - 10mg aspirin, 10mg caffeine, 40mg niacin.
so a 60ml bottle, you can work out.

i think 4 would be too much for the digestion. experiment. maybe experiment with proline/glycine, they act similarly in the body. excellent in hot drinks too.

ps : a note on topical niacin and caffeine is, you can feel they are working. I have used so many topicals, and never knew if they were working, but you really do feel the niacin work on the hair follicles

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Fri May 22, 2015 10:48 am

Was there a point that you can identify where the shift happened towards cessation of hair loss? Certain supplements perhaps, beyond others, that you feel were real game changers?

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Fri May 22, 2015 10:57 am

ElmoSuper8 wrote:Was there a point that you can identify where the shift happened towards cessation of hair loss? Certain supplements perhaps, beyond others, that you feel were real game changers?

game changers :

adding quality butter to diet
coconut oil to diet
taurine/with b6 (countrylife) - (may cause amino acid imbalance)
raising d3 levels

topical niacin and caffeine/aspirin, definitely new hairs too. this was my biggest game changer, and convinced me of the mitochondrial/energy theory of hair loss

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Fri May 22, 2015 12:13 pm

Thanks, did you take the topical niacin and caffeine/aspirin to ease inflammation and halt hair loss? Or was it something you took after this had already been achieved?

Its good you got new growth from it but I'm wondering if it would be beneficial for those who have not halted their hair loss, perhaps it could help to calm inflammation?

You know, this is not very Roddy/ Peat, but before Xmas my inflammation was practically non existent due to supplementing with Evening Primrose Oil, which is of course PUFA. Any opinions on, or experience of that?

Thanks

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Fri May 22, 2015 8:43 pm

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:

hair loss halted.
they are great supplemets. yes, i have sprouted new hair.
on a budget - make solban yourself. buy caffeine/niacin/aspirin or salicylic acid powder. use as a spray bottle.the rest aren't necessary. mix it all together, put it in a mist bottle. solban is 5 sprays = 1ml - 10mg aspirin, 10mg caffeine, 40mg niacin.
so a 60ml bottle, you can work out.

i think 4 would be too much for the digestion. experiment. maybe experiment with proline/glycine, they act similarly in the body. excellent in hot drinks too.

ps : a note on topical niacin and caffeine is, you can feel they are working. I have used so many topicals, and never knew if they were working, but you really do feel the niacin work on the hair follicles

nice! i've been looking for caffeine/niacin topical recipe

gonna whisk up a batch and to my regime

how much do you spray and how often?
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Fri May 22, 2015 10:58 pm

ElmoSuper8 wrote:Thanks, did you take the topical niacin and caffeine/aspirin to ease inflammation and halt hair loss? Or was it something you took after this had already been achieved?

Its good you got new growth from it but I'm wondering if it would be beneficial for those who have not halted their hair loss, perhaps it could help to calm inflammation?

You know, this is not very Roddy/ Peat, but before Xmas my inflammation was practically non existent due to supplementing with Evening Primrose Oil, which is of course PUFA. Any opinions on, or experience of that?

Thanks

I took it to stimulate growth, and restore redox balance, which allegedly damages hair.
Also to experiment with pgd2 inhibition.
It may inhibit pgd2 inflammation.
Evening Primrose Oil - just another oil that may or may not work. I never liked topical oils.

how much do you spray and how often?

just enough to cover the scalp, twice a day.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Sat May 23, 2015 12:27 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:I took it to stimulate growth, and restore redox balance, which allegedly damages hair.
Also to experiment with pgd2 inhibition.
It may inhibit pgd2 inflammation.
Evening Primrose Oil - just another oil that may or may not work. I never liked topical oils.

Thanks. I didnt use the Evening Primrose Oil topically, It was orally (capsule)

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Sat May 23, 2015 1:04 am

Can you explain the niacin and caffeine topical from a scientific standpoint? Where would one find good quality of each?

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sat May 23, 2015 2:31 am

http://www.biznews.com/health/2015/03/07/baldness-cure-close-caffeine-can-halt-hair-loss-says-german-scientist/

when you think of the hair follicle in terms of an organ,

that must be
maintained
preserved
enhanced

with good thyroid and mitochondrial function, it becomes clear

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Sat May 23, 2015 4:24 am

Where do you get caffeine and niacin to mix in together? Both liquids?

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sat May 23, 2015 7:46 am

Growdamnit wrote:Where do you get caffeine and niacin to mix in together? Both liquids?

as powder

put in solution

aspirin powder is harder to get

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Sat May 23, 2015 8:43 am

Is rejuvaplex just as good of a topical? What are their differences?

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sat May 23, 2015 8:50 am

Growdamnit wrote:Is rejuvaplex just as good of a topical? What are their differences?

rejuveplex is very good for hair loss, also with copper peptides. yes it will work for some people.

however it tackles hair loss very differently, and is very novel

but nothing works for everyone. This is my point.
We have to try different things. I would encourage people to experiment.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Sat May 23, 2015 9:19 am

What B6/ Taurine supplement do you use?

Also, can you go into more detail about how you make Your niacin/ caffeine/ aspirin mix?

Thanks

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sat May 23, 2015 9:42 am

ElmoSuper8 wrote:What B6/ Taurine supplement do you use?

Also, can you go into more detail about how you make Your niacin/ caffeine/ aspirin mix?

Thanks

countrylife taurine, they add b6 for you

well you could just order solban

but a 60ml mist tube, add in 1g of aspirin powder, 1g caffeine powder,4g niacin powder.
optional extra : 15% ethanol for absorption.
distilled water
done

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sun May 24, 2015 12:10 pm

I did forget one thing , aldosterone :

reduce aldosterone  via salt consumption

living on water and sprouts = stress hormones, body goes into hibernation mode,
eating normally = low stress hormones, normal body temperature, body goes into fully functioning mode.

hairlossbuddy.com:
mind numbing, DHT blocking quackery,
took him 3 years to regrow about 20 hairs.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Mon May 25, 2015 4:18 am

Cheers, so you don't do the whole gluten free anymore?

How do you get your daily salt intake? e.g. 1 tsp of salt in a litre bottle of water over the course of a day? Also, any opinions on sodium bicarbonate?

Do you know if the Ideaslab people can deliver to the UK? Did you say you take all of their supplements?

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Mon May 25, 2015 4:43 am

ElmoSuper8 wrote:
Cheers, so you don't do the whole gluten free anymore?
Yes, I avoid as much as i can. when has that ever been really mentioned or spoken about anyway
ElmoSuper8 wrote:
How do you get your daily salt intake? e.g. 1 tsp of salt in a litre bottle of water over the course of a day? Also, any opinions on sodium bicarbonate?
Just salt in food, potatoes, meat, or whatever. it's unrealistic to put it in water. not sure on sodium bicarbonate

ElmoSuper8 wrote:
Do you know if the Ideaslab people can deliver to the UK? Did you say you take all of their supplements?

I am in the UK. Yes they deliver to the UK. you don't need all of them, just in the last 3 weeks he released 2 new products. You can make the simplest ones yourself.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Mon May 25, 2015 7:33 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:
Yes, I avoid as much as i can. when has that ever been really mentioned or spoken about anyway

In your prequel to this discussion, you said -

"Gluten Free diet - just doesn't do anything"

You can find it on this page -  

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t11053p165-what-doesn-t-work-for-hair-loss

That's why I thought it relevant to ask.

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Mon May 25, 2015 9:06 am

yes,
i just never felt it was that important. a little bit is okay. it's overrated in how much it damages you.
avoiding it completely , I noticed my body temperature was usually higher though

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Tue May 26, 2015 1:43 am

I find 1 tbsp coconut oil followed by freshly squeezed orange juice (2 oranges + water) is an amazing temperature booster. 1 tbsp Gelatin in water is a good finale. My hands literally radiate heat.

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Tue May 26, 2015 8:00 am

honorable supplements/things not mentioned :

carnosine - not sure it does anything for hair. has other benefits though.
botox,laser combs, acupuncture, Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy - these generally help a bit for some reason
herbal mushrooms- any good ones are far too expensive to speak of. cheap ones are toxic.
deer antler - just unsure about this product
apple polyphenols - may work for some people. only product to offer a full refund if you don't regrow hair.
trx2 - i don't believe this will "work", although may halt hair loss. basically a glorified niacin product.
pine pollen - just not sure about it

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Tue May 26, 2015 11:30 am

Had any experience of Cynomel or Cynoplus?

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  bov51 Tue May 26, 2015 11:42 am

ElmoSuper8 wrote:Had any experience of Cynomel or Cynoplus?

no, but I take ndt, the natural form of thyroid

bov51

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next