Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
What doesn't work and does work - a rewrite - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
What doesn't work and does work - a rewrite - Page 7 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
What doesn't work and does work - a rewrite - Page 7 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
What doesn't work and does work - a rewrite - Page 7 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
What doesn't work and does work - a rewrite - Page 7 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
What doesn't work and does work - a rewrite - Page 7 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
What doesn't work and does work - a rewrite - Page 7 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
What doesn't work and does work - a rewrite - Page 7 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
What doesn't work and does work - a rewrite - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

What doesn't work and does work - a rewrite

+31
CampOfDavid
spawnben
john3333
cdto2012
hairmaniac
Hole
sanderson
johndoe1225
australian
masterofnone
abetz85
turbojet
Hairbeback
Serge
bayman
Gates
herbalman
zarathustra
Sage 1
Nanas
Grub
bov51
ElmoSuper8
lamka
TheDivineMarquis
focuspoint
Columbo
CausticSymmetry
Growdamnit
iuyyighghghgkh
35 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

What doesn't work and does work - a rewrite - Page 7 Empty Re: What doesn't work and does work - a rewrite

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:58 am

maybe you have missed the point of this thread

and that is to warn people away from snake oil and save themselves the money from trying ridiculous solutions to hair loss

yes, that picture is to prove you can actually regrow hair, whatever the method was.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

What doesn't work and does work - a rewrite - Page 7 Empty Re: What doesn't work and does work - a rewrite

Post  Gates Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:12 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:maybe you have missed the point of this thread and that is to warn people away from snake oil and save themselves the money from trying ridiculous solutions to hair loss

I can only assume that by "ridiculous" you mean things which have produced no results and would be both ignorant and a waste of time to try.

There hasn't been a single regimen or single product tried here in the forum's history (or otherwise mentioned in the thread) which has produced any
noteworthy results in the condition of androgenetic alopecia. So by that definition, every supplement you mention could be termed "ridiculous".

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:
yes, that picture is to prove you can actually regrow hair, whatever the method was.

Of course, by "ridiculous" you could also mean a pharmaceutical.

Yet, the study with the pictures is about a guy taking a pharmaceutical with anti-androgen properties. You clamor against pharmaceuticals (which I'm not in disgreement with) but then say you're proving you can regrow hair and don't care what the method was, even though it was a pharmaceutical, as if that somehow supports a natural regimen!? Its unfortunate (really), but evidence of a pharmaceutical regrowing hair in a total anomaly w/ a 78 yr old guy can't be used to then say "Well, OTC supplements can do it too!".

So if I've got this straight, all of the supplements you've supported are not ridiculous. Yet they've not regrown hair in MPB. And pharmaceuticals are ridiculous, yet the only evidence you can provide of something *actually working* is w/ pharmaceuticals.

I'd love to know what your criteria for "ridiculous" are.

Gates

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:18 am

I accept that my view of hair loss is based off a commercial and market based one,

however certain things seem to produce very good results and you can always bank on them,

such as red light and topical caffeine.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:58 am

the haidut topicals

http://haidut.dyndns.org/idealabs/

the only no-bullshit supplements on the market

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  zarathustra Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:19 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:such as red light and topical caffeine.

Can you elaborate on topical caffiene please, and why you say gives good results? I hadn't known this one. Is this putting coffee on your scalp?

zarathustra

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:42 am

no

putting caffeine on the scalp, not coffee

see the other thread for the research and alpecin shampoo's research

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:16 am

fake health foods :

quinoa
salmon
brown rice
avocados
chicken
green smoothie

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:22 pm

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:fake health foods :

quinoa
salmon
brown rice
avocados
chicken
green smoothie

Did you recently acquire a dartboard? rabbit

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:06 pm

What do you think about that list, 4039

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  australian Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:26 pm

quinoa
salmon
brown rice
avocados
chicken
green smoothie

These foods might not stop or reverse MPB but I don't see how this makes them 'fake' health foods. Until you can prove otherwise, I'm just going to go ahead and ignore everything you say from now on.
australian
australian

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:47 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:the haidut topicals

http://haidut.dyndns.org/idealabs/

the only no-bullshit supplements on the market

Which Haidut topicals do you take?

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage 1 Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:24 am

australian wrote:

quinoa
salmon
brown rice
avocados
chicken
green smoothie

These foods might not stop or reverse MPB but I don't see how this makes them 'fake' health foods. Until you can prove otherwise, I'm just going to go ahead and ignore everything you say from now on.

Probably pure desperation, and as you said, better to ignore since he quotes fake health foods.

Sage 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Gates Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:13 am

OP should be banned, afaic.

"Fake" health foods.

Then posts regimens that "work".

Its just nonsense.

Gates

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:02 am

using progesterone, dhea, misture

those foods will contribute to hair loss, if you understand metabolism and nutrition from a scientific perspective

no, i don't think I should be banned. maybe ban people who say take cod liver oil, green smoothies and saw palmetto for hair loss, and green tea - which are all nonsense.

yes, take the direct approach, not random guesswork that green tea and palmetto nonsense regrow hair

I am saving people time, some people are angry and bitter they tried all those supplements only for them to be nonsense

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:04 am

Sage 1 wrote:
australian wrote:

quinoa
salmon
brown rice
avocados
chicken
green smoothie

Probably pure desperation, and as you said, better to ignore since he quotes fake health foods.  

I understand

you were conned into eating salmon and low carb diets and green smoothies.

that's all they are - a con,

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:36 am

That's funny, how can you possibly list a "green smoothie" as a "fake" health food when there's such an enormous amount of combinations of foods that can go in one? Shocked

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:04 am

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/vegetables.shtml
http://www.scottschlegel.net/5-toxic-foods-people-think-healthy/

this is obviously controversial,

but I believe raw vegetables , in the way the health food industry promote them , are harmful. avoid them. don't eat raw kale and raw broccoli and raw spinach is my message

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage 1 Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:53 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/vegetables.shtml

but I believe raw vegetables , in the way the health food industry promote them , are harmful. avoid them. don't eat raw kale and raw broccoli and raw spinach is my message

Have to say that you are a joke.
Why does the health food industry promote a natural resource, and no gaining involved since it´s they can´t patent it?
I advice you to start Fin, Minox asap since they are approved for your well being.

Sage 1

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:15 am

Sage 1 wrote:

Have to say that you are a joke.
Why does the health food industry promote a natural resource, and no gaining involved since it´s they can´t patent it?
I advice you to start Fin, Minox asap since they are approved for your well being.

What doesn't work and does work - a rewrite - Page 7 Tumblr_mk85afvkf71s0b3p5o1_500
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:57 am

It really doesn't work

http://kellythekitchenkop.com/fermented-cod-liver-oil-have-we-all-been-duped/
http://huntgatherlove.com/content/fermented-cod-liver-oil-disaster
http://drkaayladaniel.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/FCLO_Complete_revision_0821_6.pdf
http://www.drrons.com/kaayla_daniel_fermented_clo_report.htm
http://davidgumpert.com/major-falling-out-at-wapf-over-fermented-cod-liver-oil

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:37 pm

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Hole Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:14 pm

@ iuyyighghghgkh

If you keep this path you will end up marking ray peat as a fake too... or not eating anything at all.

About diet:
- I think it makes sense to avoid any canned or pre-cooked food.
- I think it makes sense to buy your meat/fish/fruits/veggies from organic, seasonal and if possible local sources.
- I think it makes sense to avoid or consume very little grains.
- For the rest it think it makes sense to have a varied diet. The trick is always to find the right balance.

For 1 year and a half I took the amazing decision to become vegan. Little by little I started to feel tired, my hair-loss also aggravated... I do know now, I am sensitive to gluten and beans. And that all that tofu, soy... was increasing my estrogen ratio and very probably my DHT to counteract the excess of estrogen.

This year I tried Ray Peat recommendations, which is rich in milk/dairy and sugar fruits. Well it came out I am lactose and caseine intolerant. Also that too much sugar doesn't help me either.

The point is to find the right balanced diet for you. For me, a low medium carb paleo diet, doing sports regularly, pushing myself to sleep 8h every day, quitting smoking and generally loving myself a bit more is what is making a difference.

Hole

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:56 am

this is my own personal research

I am not saying I am correct. I will let people make up their own mind.

Although who has ever really recommended mushroom supplements ? no one ?

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  hairmaniac Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:40 am

Funny how those people advice against raw vegetables, but in the same time recommend milk and diary, which are probably the unhealthiest and worst food a human being can eat at this time.

Ray peat also recommends white sugar. What exactly makes him think that something so inflammatory and processed would be a good idea for hair? After all, most people with hair loss face some inflammation, so that would be like putting oil into the fire

hairmaniac

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:24 am

hairmaniac wrote:

Funny how those people advice against raw vegetables, but in the same time recommend milk and diary, which are probably the unhealthiest and worst food a human being can eat at this time.

Ray peat also recommends white sugar. What exactly makes him think that something so inflammatory and processed would be a good idea for hair? After all, most people with hair loss face some inflammation, so that would be like putting oil into the fire

You think you don't eat sugar? When you eat carbs, your body is turning it into sugar. If you eat sugar in isolation, you are going to be doing yourself a negative. Ray Peat never says eat sugar alone. Always, with protein. Milk and dairy are good sources of protein because they have an equal or close to equal balance of calcium to phosphate. Too much phosphate is not good. Which is what most proteins are. You need calcium to drive down inflammation. He doesn't just recommend milk. You can also do chicken, fish, etc., but he usually recommends eating gelatin with those to ensure proper digestion.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next