Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
how to gain weight while eating food that doesnt cause hairloss? EmptyYesterday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
how to gain weight while eating food that doesnt cause hairloss? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
how to gain weight while eating food that doesnt cause hairloss? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
how to gain weight while eating food that doesnt cause hairloss? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
how to gain weight while eating food that doesnt cause hairloss? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
how to gain weight while eating food that doesnt cause hairloss? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
how to gain weight while eating food that doesnt cause hairloss? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
how to gain weight while eating food that doesnt cause hairloss? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
how to gain weight while eating food that doesnt cause hairloss? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

how to gain weight while eating food that doesnt cause hairloss?

3 posters

Go down

how to gain weight while eating food that doesnt cause hairloss? Empty how to gain weight while eating food that doesnt cause hairloss?

Post  Acryl Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:35 am

Hello,

What ive read is that its highly recommended to eat a lot of alkalic food and my personal experience is that nourishment plays a key role in hairloss. If i eat "bad" i definitely lose more hair.

my problem is that im rather skinny but obviously you dont gain much from eating veggies and fruits. i added chicken to my diet but id rather not eat it. i definitly need to add proteins or fat or whatever makes me gain a little just so many of these things are bad for overall health especially hairs.

i recently added fruit shakes with dates and figs and other things that contain a lot of energy just for meals inbetween, also considering adding some lineseed oil to it as ive heard its the most nutritive oil.

i also wonder if protein-powder is an option. can anyone on here recommend some?

can anyone share some advice? i know most have the opposite problem but im sure there are a few skinny people around with the same problem Smile

thankful for any advice!

mat

Acryl

Back to top Go down

how to gain weight while eating food that doesnt cause hairloss? Empty Re: how to gain weight while eating food that doesnt cause hairloss?

Post  scottyc33 Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:44 am

Grass fed beef. lamb and bison are good for you.

Look into Spirulina (it's an algae that's super high in protein).

Free range, pastured eggs are loaded with healthy fat and protein and they won't break your wallet.

Also, you could try a vegan protein like Sun Warrior.

Avoid processed crap.

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

how to gain weight while eating food that doesnt cause hairloss? Empty Re: how to gain weight while eating food that doesnt cause hairloss?

Post  AS54 Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:49 am

There isn't necessarily a bad food out there. It's all in how your body reacts and utilizes it personally. There are most definitely variations in metabolic types between populations and between individuals. Some people are better suited for different proportions of macronutrients and different foods altogether. Finding out what works best for you is a personal milestone in achieving health and often requires patience and an elimination diet. Eliminate almost everything that might be on the fence and save only those foods you know to be "safe" for you. Then begin to add in food slowly, intermittently. If you have taken a break from that food for long enough, then you'll definitely note a change for the better or worse upon reintroducing it.

If you are having trouble gaining weight, I don't care what anyone thing tells you, you have to up your caloric intake. There are all sorts of arguments about how calories in vs. calories out isn't the be all, end all of body composition, but I can tell you from my own personal experience and from that of many others close to me, that it probably has the greatest overall impact when it comes to gaining weight (perhaps not losing excess weight).

And animal meats and fats are going to be invaluable to you for this purpose. Don't be so quick to dismiss animal foods as unhealthy or negative for hair growth. That just isn't the case. You are going to need to be consuming an excess of calories and resistance training if you want to gain weight and maintain healthy body composition. It can be done on a vegetarian/vegan diet, but its more difficult, and there isn't any evidence that it is the "right way" to go about it.

There are a couple of good caloric needs estimators out there. Use several and take the average. Constantly monitor your weight and measure yourself with a measuring tape. Up the calories given by about 200-300 and go from there. Track how your weight and measurements change and also record how certain meals make you feel in terms of energy and sense of well-being. It won't be long before you find out what works for you. But as a general reference, shoot for about .8-1 gram of protein per pound of body weight. I'd go for the higher end of this. Do include animal meats (grass-fed) and animal fats and/or coconut oil. Vary your carbohydrate intake according to the amount of exercise you are getting that day. If its an "on" day, you can go between 35-50% carbohydrate. Try to get the majority of them after the workout. For a rest day, go a bit lower (about 35-40% carbs). Keep fats between around 20-30% of cals. I try to keep fats between 20-25%. Make up the difference in carbs by upping or lowering protein on a given day.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Acryl Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:52 pm

thanks for the feedback guys!

will definitely try to implement some of it. i would eat more meat had i not read so many bad things about it but i figure thats just another big controversy.

i'll definitely try to get that vegan protein powder and see how it fits in and try the coconut oil!

funny or sad thing is, even if i didnt care about hairloss or health and would just eat anything that helps gaining weight id get diarrhea after a few days, acne and eventually my body would force me to quit eating for a while.

anyway thanks!

edit: do you guys have a good replacement for pasta? whats on the menu for breakfast?

Acryl

Back to top Go down

Post  Acryl Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:49 am

btw think i'll do some more research with shakes, this morning i made a shake consisting of ~10 dates, 3-4 figs, hand full of blue berries, half banana, chia seed (read they contain a ton of good things) and lineseed oil + some filtered water, tasted very good and ive only "drank" two thirds of it (quite thick but yummy) and i feel extremely saturated. also a good replacement for bread / pasta. i might add some protein powder or just nuts, dono which yet heared cashew were rich of proteins!

Acryl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down