Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Exosome Theory and Herpes
my hairline is getting crazy! EmptyToday at 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
my hairline is getting crazy! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
my hairline is getting crazy! EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
my hairline is getting crazy! EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
my hairline is getting crazy! EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
my hairline is getting crazy! EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
my hairline is getting crazy! EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
my hairline is getting crazy! EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
my hairline is getting crazy! EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

my hairline is getting crazy!

+44
sdguy
TK
randle20
KAPTUNKRUNK
NrwgnKID
gonzalito
fritzenburg
thelibrarian
ITITCHES
TheFunkyStumpfighter
Malik
zerx
redhead
hopeful19
slowbutspeeding
DM5
Raxe
lund
vnrao
helpmyhair1
europe
HarryHenderson
Amaranthaceae
huli
gbp2000
Crusher
Paradox
hapyman
edony
kijumn
Gibson
Whip
vade retro alopecia
CausticSymmetry
hopeful
tooyoung
Socceroo
HairSeeker
Espio
blech
sqroot
Misirlou
Decro435
Prague
48 posters

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down

my hairline is getting crazy! Empty my hairline is getting crazy!

Post  Prague Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:07 am

my hair just got crazy, i'm doing somethig right....

0,5 cm of new hair under my hairline plus new hair at the front, i've never had a vellus regrowth before, plus the hair is strong, david bowie kind of hair

considering the fact that it takes some weeks it has to be something that i've done a couple of months ago, these are new things i started at that time i was not doing before:

no gluten - strictly (my personal index of importance/probability of what have helped out of 10: 9,5)
lot of raw food (7)
lot of beef (4)
lot of cider (6,5)
papain ext, papain internally (heparin i stopped but it might have helped) (9)
biosil, inositol (5,5)
hyaluronic acid ext/int (5)
lot of eggplant (4,5)
lot of parsley (6)
lot of buckwheat (7)
changed for Gitanes sans filtre (4) - note that Gitanes smokers have usually great hair (Bowie, Lennon, Jim Morrison, Jacques Brel, Slash of Gun's and Roses, ....)
stopped drinking more than neccessary (half a bottle of wine) (5)

Prague

Back to top Go down

my hairline is getting crazy! Empty Re: my hairline is getting crazy!

Post  Prague Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:18 am

also sun exposure (7,5)
and replaced cow's milk by goat's milk and cheese (6)

Prague

Back to top Go down

Post  Prague Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:19 am

and I forgot... lot of dutasteride (10)

just kidding

Prague

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:59 am

Prague, which are you attributing the most to your success?

I'm guessing the papain?, Also what age are you?
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:00 am

Sorry only noticed the numbers there!
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:01 am

Sorry, but how do you believe Papain works?
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:20 am

Prague, are cameras not allowed in your country? alien

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:26 am

I see papain is used to prevent hair growth? Can you explain this Prague?

http://www.hair-removal-products.com/surgi-hair-stop.htm
http://www.hairtell.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/3886/site_id/1
http://trj.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/35/11/1014
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  sqroot Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:40 am

This is really interesting. My nephew spent part of the summer in East Africa, eating little wheat. When he came home, it seemed he had more hair in the front and on his crown. Of course, he took malaria medication as well. We were wondering if his hair was stronger because of the meds or because of his diet.

sqroot

Back to top Go down

Post  blech Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:27 am

When you say "raw food", do you literally mean uncooked food or do you simply mean unprocessed food? Would you mind breaking down for us what you'd eat on a typical day?

blech

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:06 am

I can't figure out what these numbers mean in your post.

That is .5 centimeters after how long a time period?

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  HairSeeker Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:21 pm

Prauge, if you don't mind me asking. How long have you been battling hairloss, when did it start and how old are you? We probably have similar health issues. My hair started to drastically thin three years ago after I developed insulin resistance, adrenal/thyroid issues and digestive problems. The main driver for these disorders was alcohol. I would drink a couple of bottles on the weekend, every weekend for several years. That's what I get for dating a younger women and trying to keep up with her, lol..

Thanks for the post.

- HairSeeker

HairSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post  Socceroo Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:16 pm

David Bowie type of hair, lol I love it.

Socceroo

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:36 pm

Socceroo wrote:David Bowie type of hair, lol I love it.

socceroo, did you play everquest 1 on Rallos zek server a long time ago?

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:45 am

(my personal index of importance/probability of what have helped out of 10:

That's what the numbers mean.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  hopeful Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:25 pm

Can anyone please explain how papain could possible work for hair loss.

Thank You

hopeful

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:55 am

hopeful - Papain is an enzyme from Papaya and much like Bromelain from Pineapples it can inhibit TGF-beta and inhibiting collagen degrading enzymes.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Socceroo Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:53 pm

Espio wrote:
Socceroo wrote:David Bowie type of hair, lol I love it.

socceroo, did you play everquest 1 on Rallos zek server a long time ago?

I'm not sure what that is so I'll say no Smile

Socceroo

Back to top Go down

Post  hopeful Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:34 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:hopeful - Papain is an enzyme from Papaya and much like Bromelain from Pineapples it can inhibit TGF-beta and inhibiting collagen degrading enzymes.

CS, in your opinion is that enough to stop hair loss and contribute to hair growth

hopeful

Back to top Go down

Post  vade retro alopecia Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:29 am

I would be careful when using papaya seed extracts internally, particularly if you are at the stage in your life when you plan to start a family. A quick web search links to some studies relating papaya seeds with infertility. For example, taken from: http://www.imccoalition.org/newsletter/2008_May_public.htm

From folk remedy to contraceptive product formulation: Papaya seed extract

Though a growing portion of worldwide contraceptive research is being done in China and India, it can be difficult to get information on those studies, particularly if the results are published in a non-English journal. This month we begin a series on male contraceptive leads beyond the US borders, beginning with Carica papaya extracts, under study by Prof. N.K. Lohiya of Jaipur, India. (We have edited his responses to simplify or explain technical terms.)

Originally native to Latin America, the papaya is now cultivated in most countries with tropical climates. The fruit is widely used for food. The plant produces a latex sap rich in the enzyme papain, a protease that tenderiz es meat and other proteins. Both the green fruit and the sap have multiple additional medicinal uses, including folk remedies for contraception and induced abortion. Medical research in adult male langur monkeys has confirmed the contraceptive capabilities of papaya.

Q: How does it work as a male contraceptive?

Prof. Lohiya: The seeds of ripe papaya have been investigated for the control of male fertility in rats, rabbits and langur monkeys. The extracts, when given by mouth, at different doses, cause infertility in animals by either stopping the sperms' motility (ability to swim) or stopping sperm production in the testis. The contraceptive effects are reversible following withdrawal of the treatment, and the animals did not show toxic symptoms.
Q: What is the next step in this research?

Prof. Lohiya: We have established the contraceptive potential of the seed products of Carica papaya in all three animal models tested. Safety of the [drug] has also been investigated by tests of short-term and long-term use in animals, and carcinogenicity tests (tests to make sure it does not cause cancer). Developmental toxicity and teratogenic potential of the drug are in progress. [These studies will assure safety in future generations.] However, in plant research, identification of the active ingredient of the test material is essential for mass production and for reproducibility of the results. Our current research is focused on identifying the active [chemical compounds].
Q: What is your biggest hurdle or concern?

Prof. Lohiya: One of the major hurdles in plant research is the reproducibility of the results. What seems to be the same plant that has shown to be effective in folk remedies and centuries of practice, may not be effective in animal models. In many cases, the results vary from no activity to 100% activity with the same plant. Proper recording of time and place of collection, proper authentification of plants, uniform procedures for extraction, and other studies may help in identifying the plant products with fertility regulation properties [the active ingredient].
Q: What other contraceptive research areas are you working on?

Prof. Lohiya: We successfully showed azoospermia [no sperm] and then reversal to normal functional sperm in RISUG-injected langur monkeys. An exploratory feasibility trial of a male spacing method in langur monkeys by repeated vas occlusion and non-invasive reversal has also been successfully demonstrated by us for the first time in male contraceptive research. The procedure may offer the feasibility of total non-invasive reversible vas occlusion by no scalpel injection and non-invasive reversal. We're awaiting clearance from the relevant drug regulatory agencies to try this reversal procedure in humans. We are also currently investigating safety in two generations of animals following RISUG reversal with DMSO or sodium bicarbonate (a baking soda solution).
Q: What would most help your contraceptive research move forward?

Prof. Lohiya: Technical, infrastructural, and financial inputs would help us to characterize the seed products and would facilitate our efforts towards developing a contraceptive pill of plant origin.

vade retro alopecia

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:40 am

hopeful - Unfortunately, I have no idea--but in theory it could work and Prague reports some promise. The only thing I could add is that unripe papaya contains significantly more papain than ripened sources.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Prague Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:14 am

thank you for your pm's guys, but I can't answer them because of following reasons:

1) I do not have the answers (the proportions, how it works exactly etc, why is papin used in depilatory creams, if it can dissolve you hair, yous scalp) - the idea is that there's a build up around the follicules, some undigested protein that feeds the bacteria mayben clogs the vessels - my idea was to get rid of these build ups - internally (acv, green clay, enzymes, glutamine) and externally (since it's obvious that balding scalp is tighter, harder) - i took papain and hyaluronic acid that should dissolve the proteins, croos linked collagan and make the scalp rejunevate and more elastic, plus the hyaluronic acid was reported as a dht blocker itself

i thinks theres a strong connection with enzymes as a remedy and gluten (casein maybe too) that gets to the blood, makes it thick, covers and brings undigested protein that gets stuck there, harms the colon wall, builds itself around the follicle (papain dissolves gluten and as CS brought it here, bromelain/papain is used to treat scleroderma - and i see there a huge corellation) i read a good study that shows the mechanism but i forgot it - which gets me to my second reason:

the other reason is that since i was batling hairloss for years and sacrified to this battle at long hours every day - which is very demanding - as the big regrowth came I dropped everything out of my head, hair is not an issue for me anymore, which is very deliberationg feeling and i can fully concentrate on other things

i dropped many supplements (i was taking more than 20 at one time), have an almost perfect diet (lots of raw, low carb, gluten, casein, sugar free, antiestrogenic foods, grass fed meat, red wine) which might be enough to keep my hair

I will still come to this forum since it's been a great inspiration - but i cant answer the questions since i do not have the answers

Prague

Back to top Go down

Post  Whip Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:24 am

I'm confused, did Prague stop his hairloss by diet and by using a papain and hyaluronic acid combo? Papain has estrogenic effects...

Sounds like it seems his results are significant, but that there's no protocol or regimen which anyone else has tried out. I have about the papain threads before but think that it's either topical estrogen from papain or isolated cases.

Thanks

Whip

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:46 am

Thanks for mentioning that about papain, Whip. I have an iherb order coming this Monday, and one of the things I ordered was papain powder to experiment with. That said, I really have no interest in experimenting with anything estrogenic. I just trialed a bunch of estrogenic topicals--I'm am well aware of their potential--and the extra estrogen is finally out of my system. Strong like Bull lol.

One thing that's odd is that Praugue is Bullish on being anti-estrogen, so it would seem odd that he would embrace something that goes against that.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:55 am

if MPB is viral in nature ...

"Herpes virus infection and shingles. A scientifically controlled study conducted in Germany found that the application of papain creams to skin affected by herpes outbreaks produced pain relief equivalent to that of acyclovir (Zovirax), although the papain took longer than acyclovir to control redness. Overall, acyclovir and papain were judged equally effective in the treatment of shingles (herpes zoster). Although both treatments afforded similar pain relief, people treated with papain experienced fewer side effects."

http://www.herbs2000.com/h_menu/papain.htm
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next