Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
What doesn't work and does work - a rewrite - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
What doesn't work and does work - a rewrite - Page 5 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
What doesn't work and does work - a rewrite - Page 5 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
What doesn't work and does work - a rewrite - Page 5 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
What doesn't work and does work - a rewrite - Page 5 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
What doesn't work and does work - a rewrite - Page 5 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
What doesn't work and does work - a rewrite - Page 5 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
What doesn't work and does work - a rewrite - Page 5 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
What doesn't work and does work - a rewrite - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

What doesn't work and does work - a rewrite

+31
CampOfDavid
spawnben
john3333
cdto2012
hairmaniac
Hole
sanderson
johndoe1225
australian
masterofnone
abetz85
turbojet
Hairbeback
Serge
bayman
Gates
herbalman
zarathustra
Sage 1
Nanas
Grub
bov51
ElmoSuper8
lamka
TheDivineMarquis
focuspoint
Columbo
CausticSymmetry
Growdamnit
iuyyighghghgkh
35 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

What doesn't work and does work - a rewrite - Page 5 Empty Re: What doesn't work and does work - a rewrite

Post  bayman Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:05 am

Can you do a 6 month before/after photo with your OMG helmet when you get it? I just talked to OMG and thinking of getting one myself

bayman

Back to top Go down

What doesn't work and does work - a rewrite - Page 5 Empty Re: What doesn't work and does work - a rewrite

Post  Columbo Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:15 am

bayman wrote:Can you do a 6 month before/after photo with your OMG helmet when you get it? I just talked to OMG and thinking of getting one myself

yeah no probs. I already have some nice baldy before shots in the bag. feel free to bump this in 6 months.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:11 am

I have accidently confused Niacinamide and normal niacin.

their effect on hair would be very different, and apparently avoiding the flush is better overrall

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Serge Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:21 am

I am only receding at the temples, and when I take high doses of flush niacin, the only place on my entire body that does NOT become inflamed with blood is my temples. Something is definitely clogged up there, and I just wish I could figure out a way to unclog it.

Serge

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:03 am

Serge wrote:I am only receding at the temples, and when I take high doses of flush niacin, the only place on my entire body that does NOT become inflamed with blood is my temples. Something is definitely clogged up there, and I just wish I could figure out a way to unclog it.

I've been working on that too. It's basically sebum and/or calcification and/or capillary network withering away...

For sebum clean up / regulation...
- Externally: I'm alternating polysorbate 80, bentonite clay, scalp peels (e.g. with pumpkin enzymes and an acid e.g. glycolic or salycilic), change pillow sheets once per week
- Internally: Avoiding PUFA and fried food in general, getting plenty of rentinol i.e. chicken liver

For calcification...
- Externally: Mag oil
- Internally: Magnesium, vitamin K2, boron

For capillary network...
- Inversion (daily), massage (daily), derma rolling (once per month), lasers (3x per week)

Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:07 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:I have accidently confused Niacinamide and normal niacin.

their effect on hair would be very different, and apparently avoiding the flush is better overrall

Niacin melted my face off. Well, it's given me a a bit of rash and dried my skin out quite badly. Niacinamide is much easier on the skin. Bye bye niacin.

BTW. Found this quite useful calculator for figuring out exact quantities in the solution, scroll down the page: http://www.physiologyweb.com/calculators/percent_solutions_calculator.html

To mimic solban, per 100ml of water...

Niacinamide / Nicotinamide - 4% concentration (by volume) = 4g
Caffeine - 1% concentration (by volume) = 1g
Aspirin - 1% concentration (by volume) = 1g

Is that what you got?

Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:36 am

for 100ml, yes, but I do 60ml

also, I can no longer reccomend topical d ribose.

My skin has began to turn brown where I apply it for some reason and it's not very good.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:11 am

Will give the topical d-ribose a swerve then

Re-added unfortified brewers yeast back to my daily diet, which has 105% RDA of riboflavin, so that should cover d-ribose internally, at least
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:53 am

How can you tell the difference between a boar bristle brush if it is fake or not?

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:59 am

Hairbeback wrote:How can you tell the difference between a boar bristle brush if it is fake or not?

not sure

never used them topically

but use one for shaving

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  turbojet Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:48 pm

Overmachogrande used to recommend a niacin based topical before using a laser helmet. When I read the ingredients in Solban I decided to give it a shot before LLLT and so far I like it. My only concern is that the ethanol has a bit of a drying effect on the hair/scalp.

turbojet

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:26 pm

Low level laser therapy and niacinamide do the same thing

reduce plasma nitric oxide, uncoupling of respiration etc

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:58 am

niacinamide dissolves in water and mixtures

niacin does not and cannot.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:05 pm

How much experience do you have with this topical? What are your results like?

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:19 am

I have about 4 months experience using topical niacin and caffeine for hair, after about 5 years of using oils and magic potions.

I made the initial mistake of using niacin/not niacinamide.

Yes, they work well for hair. The science for topical caffeine/niacinamide/aspirin and low level lasers for hair is there.

This is by far the most realistic way to regrow hair through topicals

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:42 am

But what are your results? Solban just arrived. Starting to use it.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:15 pm

new hairs

more terminal hairs

faster growth of existing hair

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:19 pm

How often do you apply? Morning and night?

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:09 am

custom experimental caffeine shampoo in the morning

laser midday

solban at night

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  abetz85 Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:38 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:I have about 4 months experience using topical niacin and caffeine for hair, after about 5 years of using oils and magic potions.

I made the initial mistake of using niacin/not niacinamide.

Yes, they work well for hair. The science for topical caffeine/niacinamide/aspirin and low level lasers for hair is there.

This is by far the most realistic way to regrow hair through topicals

Hi iuyyighghghgkh, is niacin absolutely to avoid or it can be used to some degree, I have just bought 100grams to make my own solban but now I don't know if it could result in something dangerous.

abetz85

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:14 am

I prefer topical niacinamide, simply because I have read it is better for hair and skin topically.

Niacin causes the flush, even topically, which is not advisable

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  abetz85 Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:35 am

Thank you for the reply, for now i will go with niacin in low dose and see the effect on the skin. There are also many good studies on topical niacin so it shouldn't be so bad.

abetz85

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:56 am

Hi iuyyighghghgkh, do you use Energin by Idealabs?

I got some and it smells pretty overpowering and stains the skin (because of the riboflavin), so I was wondering how you use it. I have been rubbing it on the soles of my feet, but I can still smell it.

So was wondering how you use it, if you have it?

Cheers.

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:23 am

I never considered it a priority for hair loss .

So, no, I would not use it or put it in the top 6, although it's a good supplement.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:56 am

Oh, I thought you said you took all the Idealabs products. Which ones do you take?

Also, what are the '3 or 4 very basic supplements' you take?

Cheers.

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next