Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 21 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 21 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 21 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 21 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 21 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 21 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 21 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 21 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 21 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

+78
Buster121
DynamoJohn
Incognitopad
gg4545
2young2retire
SonofOdin
Mickael
Abyad
Brabus
Smurfy
hairderp
Golden_Shower
nzbalda
Organism
calvicie
beharat
radiance
chubbfrank
RPM
alphadelta
NYJets
sanderson
Hali-L
playmaker
Joey Ramone
rob PHH
Hairy
Pumbaa
dudebro
ElmoSuper8
vg
fghjfghj
rayl
sdguy
proscar3
ANewHope
Younganddetermined
JDawg
schpiloch123
NDW
Keanoseg
Slimnuts
Joakim
egghead
TNT
unfortunate
MrGalea
bov51
hairhat
Biffy
deleteme
stresssucks
CaptainGiggles
Dannyboy
rofl
sizzlinghairs
OpenBook
RAptor
Xenon
demgains77
Odysseus
drex1999
xyro
bananasinpajamas
Growdamnit
Duketronix
hairyshowers
Jay07
mvkishoresr
BelieveInIt
berti
mistermr
theseeker86
hiilikeyourbeard
Complexx
nicks
Hairy Potter
whodathunkit
82 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 21 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  Complexx Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:57 am

boogv510 wrote:Take a look at this thread on balayam, jimmy was so sure balayam was giving him regrowth, he got all defensive whoever was disagreeing with him. Look at the amount of people claiming to see regrowth, you can see why some people are skeptical when people claim to have regrowth without any pics. After 2 years jimmy realize he wasn't getting any regrowth and so did everyone else. Btw, I was one of those people.

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=85804&STARTPAGE=1&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear

That's nice bro... We don't care though. I'm not getting any regrowth and neither are you... This is all fake and a figment of your imagination.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 21 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  NDW Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:24 am

boogv510 wrote:Take a look at this thread on balayam, jimmy was so sure balayam was giving him regrowth, he got all defensive whoever was disagreeing with him. Look at the amount of people claiming to see regrowth, you can see why some people are skeptical when people claim to have regrowth without any pics. After 2 years jimmy realize he wasn't getting any regrowth and so did everyone else. Btw, I was one of those people.

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=85804&STARTPAGE=1&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear

There is a clear difference between a treatment that some hippy discovered, and preaches to balding men on forums, and one that has gone through a complete medical study, such as the detumescense therapy. You do not have to believe in the therapy, but there is really no reason for you to post your opinion here. As you can see, the title of the thread is "Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted."
NDW
NDW

Back to top Go down

Post  Odysseus Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:49 pm

NDW wrote:

There is a clear difference between a treatment that some hippy discovered, and preaches to balding men on forums, and one that has gone through a complete medical study, such as the detumescense therapy. You do not have to believe in the therapy, but there is really no reason for you to post your opinion here. As you can see, the title of the thread is "Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted."

Could you provide a link to the complete medical study?

Odysseus

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:17 pm

There is both "scientific" and anecdotal evidence backing up the effectiveness of manuals... Period. Studies are all here, go find them.  Very Happy 
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 21 Empty WTF?

Post  calvicie Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:07 am

You dudes getting weird bumps down the centerline of your skull? And pimples on your scalp? from DT. My head feels like one of those ridge-backed dinosaurs or something.
calvicie
calvicie

Back to top Go down

Post  Odysseus Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:54 pm

Complexx wrote:There is both "scientific" and anecdotal evidence backing up the effectiveness of manuals... Period. Studies are all here, go find them.  Very Happy 

O.k. found the "complete medical study". Hope that 6 year old they used in the trials (ages ranged from 6 to 80 something) grew back his/her hair.

Btw, anecdotal evidence is worse than useless.

Odysseus

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Ramone Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:35 am

Guys, if you're gonna be so aggressively skeptical, at least have the decency to read the whole thread.

Joey Ramone

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Ramone Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:36 am

Duketronix wrote:
Joey Ramone wrote:
Duketronix wrote:If you are not doing 2 x 20 mins a day you are NOT doing DT therapy.

Can someone please get me up to speed on the new consensus on how often people should be doing the massage? Last I heard it was all based on the initial study of 2 x 20 for 12 months.

That's right.  I wrote that other post because people were coming by saying it wasn't working btu then later they mention that they only do like 10 minutes spread out through the day.

Thanks mate. Read your original quote wrong, all good.

Joey Ramone

Back to top Go down

Post  Keanoseg Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:07 am

Omg this is getting retarded. Please let's stop acting like 6 year olds. The study came out 2 and half years ago and still to this date we are discussing it's efficiency. Let's keep this thread to only progress posts and pics and technique advices as it's useless to discuss the science backing it up there were like 20 posts in the old thread throughout it. There's nothing worse than feeling a little bit of ease of stopping baldness and experience the sickest hair thickening ever and then come to this thread every once in a while and hope for some progress pics or science and read nothing but pure shit and skepticism. What's the point of posting negative stuff here without even doing it for at least a year? It's more illogical than religion. Cya.

Keanoseg

Back to top Go down

Post  Odysseus Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:03 am

Joey Ramone wrote:Guys, if you're gonna be so aggressively skeptical, at least have the decency to read the whole thread.

I read the study. Twice. That's why I'm skeptical.

Odysseus

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:09 am

Odysseus wrote:
Joey Ramone wrote:Guys, if you're gonna be so aggressively skeptical, at least have the decency to read the whole thread.

Oh? Says the guy with no social life who cites quackwatch links on a hair loss forum during most of his spare time.... LOL.

You think you've got it all figured out, huh? 6-86 doesn't mean all 6 year olds and you don't even know whether or not the 6 year old test subjects were males... they may have been females you know.

But either way though, it's okay, because according to the study, all test subjects regrew over 90% of their hair. When I said there is evidence backing up the effectiveness of manuals, I did not mean just the DT study because there is other evidence as well.

But forget all of that..... Me and a group of guys are growing terminals and all guys like you can/decide to do is accuse us of lying. Pathetic lol.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  hairyshowers Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:27 am

Keanoseg wrote:What's the point of posting negative stuff here without even doing it for at least a year? It's more illogical than religion
Actually pissed myself reading this! Soo very true.

I only return to this thread every few days now to hear updates from the handful of people actually commited to replicating this study. By that I mean volunteers who are giving it a fair trial-not coming off minox/varying massage times/creating their own variants of the technique.

Im almost 8 months in, things still improving. I dont take photos and only have a smartphone with a cracked screen but I may attempt to take some snaps and get them uploaded anyway. Iv got to a point now where my scalp is bearly seeping any grease (or oil/sebum/whatever it is) whilst kneading anymore. Has anyone else noticed a similar change in later stages? On a side note iv been noticing more cracking noises whilst pressing with my fingers (which many attribute to the breakdown of calcification) after the grease release stage slowed down.

Looking forward to seeing drex's final update, and interested in what his maintenance ruitine will be after restoring his hair.
hairyshowers
hairyshowers

Back to top Go down

Post  Odysseus Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:37 am

Complexx wrote:
Odysseus wrote:

Oh? Says the guy with no social life who cites quackwatch links on a hair loss forum during most of his spare time.... LOL.

You think you've got it all figured out, huh? 6-86 doesn't mean all 6 year olds and you don't even know whether or not the 6 year old test subjects were males... they may have been females you know.

But either way though, it's okay, because according to the study, all test subjects regrew over 90% of their hair. When I said there is evidence backing up the effectiveness of manuals, I did not mean just the DT study because there is other evidence as well.

But forget all of that..... Me and a group of guys are growing terminals and all guys like you can/decide to do is accuse us of lying. Pathetic lol.

Guys like me? My hair situation, much like CS's, stabilized years ago. I'm good to go.

Odysseus

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:05 am

Odysseus wrote:
Complexx wrote:
Odysseus wrote:

Guys like me? My hair situation, much like CS's, stabilized years ago. I'm good to go.

And yet you still stick around here and "troll" people like you were a frustrated 50 year bald man who sees no light at the end of the tunnel... You must be ugly or something.

Oh and BTW, that was a failed "low blow" attempt because the little hair that I lost is all regrowing so........
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:07 am

Odysseus wrote:
Complexx wrote:
Odysseus wrote:

I'm sorry to have to be the skeptic here guys but I don't believe he's 'good to go'.
Pics now please.

You need to prove that you are losing the same numbers of hairs a year you are regrowing, please log each follicle and prove that it is growing a hair of exactly equal thickness and length each year thanx. Just need proof you aren't imagining it before I can accept your anecdotal experience as anything worth while. Thanx. Just a healthy skeptic over here. Thanx.

What does 'good to go' even mean actually?..... Like he's mobile? How do we know this guy has legs? or a car? How far is he going? Where is he going? Is he going to a "better" place? Good is so subjective I mean it may be good that he goes from my perspective, but for someone else it may be bad.... Or is he simply implying preparedness to depart in general?
See it's important that we sort out all this minutiae here because I don't want to waste my time listening to or taking cues from someone who may just think they are good to go and may actually in fact not be. We've all thought we were good to go in the past when really it turns out we weren't. like you get out the door and realize...

"EY guy?!? wheayz Ma Keys?!?!"

\8<

or what have you and then you have to go back. I just don't want anyone getting false hope about how good to go he is since we don't have any proof. Just trying to "keep it real" boyz you understand.

Can you please give us a detailed outline of how you personally get "good to go" for the rest of us? Cheers.

lol! 

And no offence to CS, mad respect to him for what he's done and does do for the community and me personally, but 'stabilized' and the regrowth I'm getting from DT are VERY different things..... Yes I've seen his pics.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:09 am

Duketronix wrote:
Odysseus wrote:
Complexx wrote:
Odysseus wrote:

I'm sorry to have to be the skeptic here guys but I don't believe he's 'good to go'.  
Pics now please.  

You need to prove that you are losing the same numbers of hairs a year you are regrowing, please log each follicle and prove that it is growing a hair of exactly equal thickness and length each year thanx.  Just need proof you aren't imagining it before I can accept your anecdotal experience as anything worth while.  Thanx.  Just a healthy skeptic over here.  Thanx.

What does 'good to go' even mean actually?.....  Like he's mobile?  How do we know this guy has legs?  or a car? How far is he going?  Where is he going?  Is he going to a "better" place?  Good is so subjective I mean it may be good that he goes from my perspective, but for someone else it may be bad....  Or is he simply implying preparedness to depart in general?
See it's important that we sort out all this minutiae here because I don't want to waste my time listening to or taking cues from someone who may just think they are good to go and may actually in fact not be.  We've all thought we were good to go in the past when really it turns out we weren't.  like you get out the door and realize...

"EY guy?!?  wheayz Ma Keys?!?!"  

\8<

or what have you and then you have to go back.  I just don't want anyone getting false hope about how good to go he is since we don't have any proof.  Just trying to "keep it real" boyz you understand.

Can you please give us a detailed outline of how you personally get "good to go" for the rest of us? Cheers.

lol! 

And no offence to CS, mad respect to him for what he's done and does do for the community and me personally, but 'stabilized' and the regrowth I'm getting from DT are VERY different things.....  Yes I've seen his pics.

Ha! I was going to pull the "pics now" joke thing as well.... Lol that's a good one.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Slimnuts Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:06 am

I'm 5 weeks in full commitment to the DT. About 7 months in if you count he half hearted commitment at the start. Hair situation has recently gotten quite a bit worse on the temples since starting full on commitment. Kinda Scary because I was happy with where I was at before. Also the greasiness hasn't subsided at all yet and I'm getting a lot of flaking again. I've also been feeling some burning near the temple area lately too, first time I've felt that in a long time. So needless to say I'm pretty worried right now.

Slimnuts

Back to top Go down

Post  hiilikeyourbeard Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:37 am

I honestly feel like there's about 6 people actually doing this therapy and the rest are just whining about lack of photos.

The more time you spend online complaining about some pictures the less time you're spending actually CURING your hair loss. Even guys like Odysseus, even though you're kind of a dildo, could cure theirs, too with this therapy. No doubt about it!
hiilikeyourbeard
hiilikeyourbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Organism Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:04 am

Sorry I just don't see any valid excuse why people who are legitimately had success with DT do NOT share photos even if it's just an after.

Organism

Back to top Go down

Post  nzbalda Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:37 am

Even though I found this study a year ago I've only been doing this "properly" since mid Feb. Although properly has changed a few times. I am seeing a group of vellus hairs at theright temple and have had huge chunks of skin coming off and lots of cracking, scalp feels much better. Came off minoxidil in October ish after 7 years. I also do complete immortal regimen. I agree that if you get visible regrowth you should put pics up I know I will( mine is visible to me only haha. Odysseus have you posted pics of your stabilisation?

nzbalda

Back to top Go down

Post  Odysseus Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:00 am

Guys, I'd send you pictures but I'm not doing anything in particular, so I can't relay anything that might help. I eat well, exercise a ton, take Pycnogenol, Astaxathan, Bio-sil, and Collagen type 1 and two with Vitamin C added. Also, I started taking an anti-depressant about three years ago. I hate to say it, but the drug (Celexa) has done so much for my state of mind that anecdotally I credit it with helping stop my hair loss (and allowing me the pause between frantic racing thoughts to work through any self-esteem issues concerning my appearance.)

I am NOT recommending anti-depressants, it's a decision not to be made lightly, 'cause it will change your body chemistry. I fought against taking anything for years, tried everything alternative, and was finally desperate enough to try anything. . .

And yes, hair is in good shape, but I'm not getting any regrowth, that's for sure.

So, yeah, I'm good to go.

Odysseus

Back to top Go down

Post  Odysseus Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:02 am

By the way, I have NEVER asked to see anyone's before and after pics. Never.

Odysseus

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:52 pm

Even noticeably more loss on my left temple as I approach the 5 month mark.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:57 pm

Odysseus wrote:Guys, I'd send you pictures but I'm not doing anything in particular, so I can't relay anything that might help. I eat well, exercise a ton, take Pycnogenol, Astaxathan, Bio-sil, and Collagen type 1 and two with Vitamin C added. Also, I started taking an anti-depressant about three years ago. I hate to say it, but the drug (Celexa) has done so much for my state of mind that anecdotally I credit it with helping stop my hair loss (and allowing me the pause between frantic racing thoughts to work through any self-esteem issues concerning my appearance.)

I am NOT recommending anti-depressants, it's a decision not to be made lightly, 'cause it will change your body chemistry. I fought against taking anything for years, tried everything alternative, and was finally desperate enough to try anything. . .

And yes, hair is in good shape, but I'm not getting any regrowth, that's for sure.

So, yeah, I'm good to go.

K.... Are you doing DT? Can't recall. If not.... I don't understand why you're in this thread.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:06 pm

regrowhairhero wrote:Sorry I just don't see any valid excuse why people who are legitimately had success with DT do NOT share photos even if it's just an after.

For me it's largely because of stuff like this where words like "excuse" are used.  I don't need an excuse, I don't need to post anything either.  I will post some pics eventually but in the meantime I'm  simply not inclined to.  Maybe I'm a selfish jerk?  Could be, but regardless it ain't happening.  Have no interest.  The therapy is easy, has improved scalp condition for many, try it, or don't.  I did, and I'm glad I did.  Have shared some of that experience with the board, but I see no obligation to share more.  I already posted a closeup pic of some regrowth along my hairline a few months back,but it's never enough for people and the debating just drags on and on.  my face won't be in any pics either so who knows what peopel will come up with to try and disprove.  I think Drexx had the right idea in the end of just forgetting these forums while I go about my business.  

Gonna take a break form this forum for a while because it's really just becoming a waste of time right now.  Quit social media for the summer and have been using forums as a crutch lately and posting/checking a lot, but it is time to go me thinks.

I'll be back eventually but this'll be my last post for a while.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next