Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Shedding - a radical idea EmptyToday at 6:36 pm by grail

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Shedding - a radical idea EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Shedding - a radical idea EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Shedding - a radical idea EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Shedding - a radical idea EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Shedding - a radical idea EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Shedding - a radical idea EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Shedding - a radical idea EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Shedding - a radical idea EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Shedding - a radical idea

+3
taidan
AS54
Mastery
7 posters

Go down

Shedding - a radical idea Empty Shedding - a radical idea

Post  Mastery Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:07 pm

So many people say shedding can be a good sign.

I do NOT agree. Even when using LLLT my best results ALWAYS accompany zero shed.

So my apologies for going against a supposed foundational principle, but in my view shedding is a reaction from the body akin to "holy shit" / inflammation / detox / etc.

Sure you lose a few, but in my experience when my diet is perfect I pretty much lose none to one or two or three max. - pillow, shower, combing.

But, if my diet contains any sugar, wheat or dairy - FUCK! Or should I say "Shed!"

I am honestly beginning to think it is pretty simple and half of the problems are self inflicted by us:-

KISS:-

# 1 - STRESS, beat that or shave your head.

# 2 - SYSTEMIC INFLAMMATION - beat that, or.... you get the drift etc.

# 3 - EAT GREAT DIET -

# 4 - Make sure you are alkaline

# 5 - Take appropriate supps and especially, chelations supps - Algin, Charcoal, Pectin, Humic Fulvic, Chlorella, NAC etc.; add in organic natural, super foods whenever possible.

# 6 - Tai Chi or Exercise like your life (or at least re-growth) depends on releasing growth hormone, "Oh - it does...!"

# 7 - Live as close to nature as you can.

LLLT is probably the only man made invention that I have come across that works, and RIFE of course.

The rest is quieten your mind and listen, really LISTEN.

Shedding in my opinion means you are not quiet and you are certainly not listening. And I'm not judging anyone here, for I am as guilty as anyone. Hence my name, Mastery - as that is the outcome, the objective, the summit to be reached.

M

Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Shedding - a radical idea Empty Re: Shedding - a radical idea

Post  Guest Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:01 pm

4 - Make sure you are alkaline

mastery, about that...

what do you think about amino acids + bcaa supplements in alkaline diet? Do they have a place or not?
I follow a bodybuilding diet and animal protein (160 gr/day) is necessary ....
It is not easy to stay away from meat, dairy, eggs, fish etc, without a bcaa supply at least....
What's your opinion? Amino acids and bcaa could destroy the benefits of an alkaline diet?

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:01 am

I would focus on fish and poultry which are less acidic than red meat. You may also want to look at a decent whey prtein powder, although I do not think that is without fungal risks.

Lastly, I would conisder eating sprouted nuts and seeds and raw kale for example, tons of protein there.

Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:41 am

Great recommendation, Mastery. I agree that poultry and clean fish are excellent sources of protein. I'm not of the belief that a little red meat here and there is bad at all. Eating every day, well that's a different ball game. But on a density basis, spinach and kale have a lot of protein in them. I've never gone the spirulina route, but I've also heard this is rich in protein and is an algae.

But, I think if your diet is balanced with plenty of good vegetables and fruits, one doesn't need to worry about eating good QUALITY, grass-fed meats. I've actually heard back from CS on this subject before and he says there isn't much point to looking at the body as totally acidic or totally aklkaline, because the body hasn't a different pH in different compartments. The stomach, skin, and colon are acidic for example. The mouth, upper intestinal tract are alkaline. The blood has miraculous buffers for maintaining a strict pH. I think the body knows what to do with what you give it. Consider that uric acid and lipoic acid are both important antioxidant systems for the body.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:54 am

thanks guys...I will try to organize my diet from another view and see what will happen...

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:28 am

anthonyspencer54 wrote:Great recommendation, Mastery. I agree that poultry and clean fish are excellent sources of protein. I'm not of the belief that a little red meat here and there is bad at all. Eating every day, well that's a different ball game. But on a density basis, spinach and kale have a lot of protein in them. I've never gone the spirulina route, but I've also heard this is rich in protein and is an algae.

But, I think if your diet is balanced with plenty of good vegetables and fruits, one doesn't need to worry about eating good QUALITY, grass-fed meats. I've actually heard back from CS on this subject before and he says there isn't much point to looking at the body as totally acidic or totally aklkaline, because the body hasn't a different pH in different compartments. The stomach, skin, and colon are acidic for example. The mouth, upper intestinal tract are alkaline. The blood has miraculous buffers for maintaining a strict pH. I think the body knows what to do with what you give it. Consider that uric acid and lipoic acid are both important antioxidant systems for the body.

Heh there AS,

thanks for your post. I have personally found that the alkaline theory far more important than most realise. Once your buffers get tired / depleted - you are fucked.

Read "The anti inflammatory athlete" by Dr Michael Colgan.
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:30 am

Mastery wrote:So many people say shedding can be a good sign.

I do NOT agree. Even when using LLLT my best results ALWAYS accompany zero shed.

So my apologies for going against a supposed foundational principle, but in my view shedding is a reaction from the body akin to "holy shit" / inflammation / detox / etc.

Sure you lose a few, but in my experience when my diet is perfect I pretty much lose none to one or two or three max. - pillow, shower, combing.

But, if my diet contains any sugar, wheat or dairy - FUCK! Or should I say "Shed!"

I am honestly beginning to think it is pretty simple and half of the problems are self inflicted by us:-

KISS:-

# 1 - STRESS, beat that or shave your head.

# 2 - SYSTEMIC INFLAMMATION - beat that, or.... you get the drift etc.

# 3 - EAT GREAT DIET -

# 4 - Make sure you are alkaline (edit - sufficiently alkaline not to need your buffers - minerals etc. to compensate for what you eat)
# 5 - Take appropriate supps and especially, chelations supps - Algin, Charcoal, Pectin, Humic Fulvic, Chlorella, NAC etc.; add in organic natural, super foods whenever possible.

# 6 - Tai Chi or Exercise like your life (or at least re-growth) depends on releasing growth hormone, "Oh - it does...!"

# 7 - Live as close to nature as you can.

LLLT is probably the only man made invention that I have come across that works, and RIFE of course.

The rest is quieten your mind and listen, really LISTEN.

Shedding in my opinion means you are not quiet and you are certainly not listening. And I'm not judging anyone here, for I am as guilty as anyone. Hence my name, Mastery - as that is the outcome, the objective, the summit to be reached.

M

Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  taidan Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:25 am

What is the best bethod of alkalinization?

Sipping ACV or drinking Baking soda solution?

taidan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:38 am

In my view an excellent diet focussed on plant based foods, plus drinking high alkaline water with lemon.

If you want an alkaline water machine let me know.
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:43 am

Mastery wrote:
If you want an alkaline water machine let me know.

What's alkaline water machine? what do you add into the water?

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:45 am

It is a machine that not only filters your tap water but turns it into high alkaline water and infuses it with very good anti oxidant properties as well. I am going to start selling them at some point this year.

M
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:46 am

Mastery wrote:
It is a machine that not only filters your tap water but turns it into high alkaline water and infuses it with very good anti oxidant properties as well. I am going to start selling them at some point this year.

M

for how much? i saw them online before, but they were quite expensive.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:41 am

Yes they are not cheap, but I believe it is worth it unless you have your own spring.

M
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  987 Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:15 am

Ive never thought that shedding necessarily accompanied regrowth on any regimen or treatment, and it has not been what Ive experienced either in any significant amount.

Back to top Go down

Post  Horatius Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:14 am

Dear Mastery

I do not necessarliy agree that shedding is a bad idea..

I have taken finasteride a couple of years ago and it worked fabulously, regrowing my hair and stopping hair loss completely, but I had to stop after 18 months due to side effects. after taking it for 4 or 5 months, I experienced a massive shed, followed by regrowth. The dermatologist who prescribed the finasteride said my hair was forced in the telogen phase, so new hairs in the anagen(grow) phase could emerge, and stay there longer.
So the shedding was a good sign.

Secondly, you mention that after you ate wheat or something your hair was affected days after that, suggesting that your hair reacts to dietary changes in a couple of days.
I believe this is not possible: the life cycle of hairs is several months long, any effects therefore should only show after a couple of months, that's why any hairgrowth method, be it finasteride, minoxidil, brushing, whatever, only has visible effect after some months. Even people who get chemotherapy or have massive radiation for cancer treatment don't lose their hair all at once after a day or two.

The shedding represents your hair entering the telogen phase, so that new, hopefully stronger hair in the anagen phase can emerge. I do not contest that diet can have effect: but only sustained diet changes during months, even maybe a year, will have a significant impact.

greetings

Horatius

Horatius

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:11 pm

Horatius wrote:
Secondly, you mention that after you ate wheat or something your hair was affected days after that, suggesting that your hair reacts to dietary changes in a couple of days.
I believe this is not possible: the life cycle of hairs is several months long, any effects therefore should only show after a couple of months, that's why any hairgrowth method, be it finasteride, minoxidil, brushing, whatever, only has visible effect after some months. Even people who get chemotherapy or have massive radiation for cancer treatment don't lose their hair all at once after a day or two.

No way is this possible. I took finasteride also and also suffered severe side effects. I have been able to "reactivate" my DHT by supplementing iodine, probiotics, healthy diet, and a few other things. When I do this, I literally feel pinching and inflammation on my scalp and hair will fall out immediately as I feel it pinching and irritating my hair based on exactly what I eat.

Even today while I was at work.. I noticed when I ate certain food or when I drank water, I felt the inflammation and pinches coming on and my hair was falling out when I ran my head through my hair.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down