Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Halting / reversing gray hair EmptyYesterday at 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Halting / reversing gray hair EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Halting / reversing gray hair EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Halting / reversing gray hair EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Halting / reversing gray hair EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Halting / reversing gray hair EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Halting / reversing gray hair EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Halting / reversing gray hair EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Halting / reversing gray hair EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Halting / reversing gray hair

+10
scottyc33
Paradox
9rugrats5
Hoppipolla
Delphine
Zaphod
sdguy
Directo
hellwig
thSman
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Halting / reversing gray hair Empty Halting / reversing gray hair

Post  thSman Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:57 pm

I was 30 when I first noticed the odd grey hair which has progressed until I have a fair few now at 36.

I'm hardly salt and peppered and I dare most wouldnt notice but I've had my hair cut shorter and it's scary at how many there are there now.There not real wirey but there definately grey. I tweezer them out when I see them but I cant do this forever.

From the forumI've gathered that -
Indiumease,
Beta Alanine (which I presently take for my gym efforts)
Glisodin,
Iodine (lugols)

are suggested.What dosages and really how effective are they?

Glisodin seems to be suggested for alot for which I'm suspicious about.

Is stress linked to the onset of grey hair at all ? I work for myself and am in the middle of MAJOR home refurbishments which are both pretty darn stressfull.

Any other lifestyle factors that may be contributing....caffeine, alcohol or junk food etc ?

I'm not an alien to caffeine but pretty much abstain from the others.

Thanks for your input guys.

thSman

Back to top Go down

Halting / reversing gray hair Empty Re: Halting / reversing gray hair

Post  hellwig Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:11 pm

Brewers yeast works for me and Tom Hagerty

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  Directo Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:18 am

Do you guys make a difference between gray and white hair ? Would the treatment be the same for both?

Directo

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:23 am

Even if you have no grey/white hair, brewers yeast will improve hair colour and quality. It's fed to dogs and horses for the same reasons.

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  sdguy Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:23 am

CS wrote this up on HealthyFixx

http://healthyfixx.com/48/can-gray-hair-be-reversed-naturally

sdguy

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:37 am

hellwig wrote:Even if you have no grey/white hair, brewers yeast will improve hair colour and quality. It's fed to dogs and horses for the same reasons.

wont it feed yeast and fungus infection by eating it? anybody know something about it?

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:11 am

Beebrox wrote:
hellwig wrote:Even if you have no grey/white hair, brewers yeast will improve hair colour and quality. It's fed to dogs and horses for the same reasons.

wont it feed yeast and fungus infection by eating it? anybody know something about it?

No it won't. But geez, that myth dies hard.

This page explains it. Yeast does not feed yeast.
http://purehealthsystems.com/candida.html

Peatarians, take note of the conclusion:

By the way, the primary food source of Candida is sugars, not yeast, per se.
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  thSman Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:59 am

Yeah grey/ white , starts grey then gets whiter as you reach old age.

I'll get some Brewers yeast then thanks.

Are the other supplements that I mentioned a viable option or shall I just keep to the brewers yeast and see how it goes ?

thSman

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:05 am

To my knowledge so far scalp massage is the best quick fix for this that I've seen.

Oleda Baker does it and look at her hair at 77:

Halting / reversing gray hair PKmn5

That article looks interesting too though, so I'll start learning a bit more about this Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Directo Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:21 pm

What there is in Brewers yeast that can help improve hair color ?

Directo

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:50 pm

Delphine wrote:This page explains it. Yeast does not feed yeast.
http://purehealthsystems.com/candida.html

Peatarians, take note of the conclusion:

By the way, the primary food source of Candida is sugars, not yeast, per se.

Delphine, few questions, if you don't mind. Where I am, the only way I know I have access to Brewer's yeast is through Marmite.

Is it always to be taken with meals (before, along, after?), or can it be taken alone(I don't mind the taste)?
What dietary cofactors would you recommend to boost the absorption of the vit-Bs in this?
And is marmite heat stable- can I add it in soups, gravies, broths; while cooking, or even at the end of cooking?

thanks.
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:03 pm

Directo wrote:

Every B vitamin except B12, various minerals and amino acids, all in a highly bio-available form, and possibly nutrients that science has yet to discover. It's one of the best supplements (although it's actually a food) you can take for overall health, mood, and energy.

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:20 am

Just fYI if you are gluten free, BY has gluten. Lewis Labs makes a "nutritional yeast" which is gluten free though.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Directo Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:24 am

hellwig wrote:
Directo wrote:
Every B vitamin except B12, various minerals and amino acids, all in a highly bio-available form, and possibly nutrients that science has yet to discover.
So any other food could help too. Because you can find these in vegetables, fruits, meat, fish etc... too.

Directo

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:21 am

Directo wrote:
hellwig wrote:
Directo wrote:
Every B vitamin except B12, various minerals and amino acids, all in a highly bio-available form, and possibly nutrients that science has yet to discover.
So any other food could help too. Because you can find these in vegetables, fruits, meat, fish etc... too.

"Could" being the operative word. I'll take "does" over "could" every time. I eat meat, fish, fruit, vegetables, as well as other foods high in B vitamins, yet whenever I lay off brewers yeast I see grey popping up, which disappears when I take it again. So, in my experience eating a healthy diet doesnt prevent/reverse grey, brewers yeast prevents/reverses grey. Everybody loves off Ray Peat diets on here yet he is 90% grey, where as Tom Hagerty is even older and only 10% grey. That says it all really.

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:14 am

Paradox wrote:Just fYI if you are gluten free, BY has gluten. Lewis Labs makes a "nutritional yeast" which is gluten free though.

http://www.iherb.com/Lewis-Labs-International-Brewer-s-Yeast-32-oz-908-g/6069

GLUTEN FREE

Ecklonia Cava
Krill Oil
Decalcify
Rejuvaplex Topical

Other
Ubiquinol
ALCAR
Liv 52
Iodine
Ashwagandha

SUPERFOODS: Energy First and Sun Warrior Protein, Dessicated Liver, Concentrace, Colostrum, Brewers Yeast, Fermented Cod Liver & High Vitamin Butter Oil

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:18 am

thSman wrote:I was 30 when I first noticed the odd grey hair which has progressed until I have a fair few now at 36.

I'm hardly salt and peppered and I dare most wouldnt notice but I've had my hair cut shorter and it's scary at how many there are there now.There not real wirey but there definately grey. I tweezer them out when I see them but I cant do this forever.

From the forumI've gathered that -
Indiumease,
Beta Alanine (which I presently take for my gym efforts)
Glisodin,
Iodine (lugols)

are suggested.What dosages and really how effective are they?

Glisodin seems to be suggested for alot for which I'm suspicious about.

Is stress linked to the onset of grey hair at all ? I work for myself and am in the middle of MAJOR home refurbishments which are both pretty darn stressfull.

Any other lifestyle factors that may be contributing....caffeine, alcohol or junk food etc ?

I'm not an alien to caffeine but pretty much abstain from the others.

Thanks for your input guys.

The good news is, thanks to the regimen, I've halted my hair loss.

The bad news is, I haven't figured out a way to stop the grays from coming.

I've tried:
Brewer's yeast
Glisodin
Beta-alanine
The Silver Bullet
Iodine
Copper
Topical Mag Oil

Still no luck. Although, it's impossible to know exactly how much MORE gray I would be if I didn't try all of the above.

For the record, I am currently still using all but the Glisodin and Mag Oil.

Ecklonia Cava
Krill Oil
Decalcify
Rejuvaplex Topical

Other
Ubiquinol
ALCAR
Liv 52
Iodine
Ashwagandha

SUPERFOODS: Energy First and Sun Warrior Protein, Dessicated Liver, Concentrace, Colostrum, Brewers Yeast, Fermented Cod Liver & High Vitamin Butter Oil

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:45 am

Just a guess, because there's little research on something so apparently obvious, I'm sure that most people notice that Presidents go through this mass acceleration of graying hair--the stress factor.

Looking at animal research, it appears that stress and even early life stress can affect the turnover of hair pigmentation.

Pigment Cell Melanoma Res. 2011 Feb;24(1):89-106. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-148X.2010.00808.x.
A neuroendocrinological perspective on human hair follicle pigmentation.
Paus R.

Department of Dermatology, University of Lübeck, Lübeck, Germany. ralf.paus@uk-sh.de

The role of neurohormones and neuropeptides in human hair follicle (HF) pigmentation extends far beyond the control of melanin synthesis by α-MSH and ACTH and includes melanoblast differentiation, reactive oxygen species scavenging, maintenance of HF immune privilege, and remodeling of the HF pigmentary unit (HFPU). It is now clear that human HFs are not only a target of multiple neuromediators, but also are a major non-classical production site for neurohormones such as CRH, proopiomelanocortin, ACTH, α-MSH, ß-endorphin, TRH, and melatonin. Moreover, human HFs have established a functional peripheral equivalent of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis. By charting the author's own meanderings through the jungle of hair pigmentation research, the current perspectives essay utilizes four clinical observations - hair repigmentation, canities, poliosis, and 'overnight greying'- as points of entry into the enigmas and challenges of .pigmentary HF neuroendocrinology. After synthesizing key principles and defining major open questions in the field, selected research avenues are delineated that appear clinically most promising. In this context, novel neuroendocrinological strategies to retard or reverse greying and to reduce damage to the HFPU are discussed.

I'm going to try a course of Mega Hydrate http://tinyurl.com/7e27vo5
and see how it performs. If anyone is over 40, they should take melatonin for added help.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:54 am

Then there's wheatgrass. From the Underground Health Reporter:

Does Wheatgrass Turn Gray Hair Back to Its Natural Color?

Did You Know...

that consuming fresh wheatgrass juice regularly has been shown to turn gray hair back to its natural color? How does this happen?

According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, hair pigmentation is influenced by the quality of blood and the strength of the kidneys. If your hair has gone gray, your kidneys and blood need to be strengthened. Foods that accomplish this include wheatgrass and any food with high chlorophyll content.

What is wheatgrass?

Wheatgrass refers to the young grass of the common wheat plant, Triticumaestivum. Its leaves are juiced or dried into powder for human (or animal) consumption. It is often available in juice bars and smoothie restaurants, and is taken alone or mixed in fruit and/or vegetable drinks.

In The Wheatgrass Book by Ann Wigmore, consuming wheatgrass juice is named as a beauty treatment that slows down the aging process. That's because wheatgrass cleanses the blood, helps rejuvenate aging cells, and helps tighten loose and sagging skin. The benefits of wheatgrass, however, go way beyond beautification and anti-aging. The high chlorophyll content of wheatgrass, as well as the amino acids, minerals, vitamins and enzymes enable wheatgrass to provide a wide range of health benefits and curative benefits, such as the following:

Fights tumors -- Studies show that wheatgrass juice has a powerful ability to fight tumors without the usual toxicity of drugs.

Powerful detoxifier -- protects the liver and the blood, and neutralizes toxic substances like cadmium, nicotine, strontium, mercury, and polyvinyl chloride

Contains liquid oxygen -- this is vital to many body processes, and protects the body against cancer cells (cancer cells cannot exist in the presence of oxygen)

Blood builder -- An important aspect of the chlorophyll in wheatgrass is its remarkable similarity to hemoglobin, the compound that carries oxygen in the blood. When the chlorophyll is absorbed in the human body, it is transformed into blood, which transports nutrients to every cell of the body.

Note: Some health practitioners claim that you can double your red blood cell count just by soaking in chlorophyll. Renowned nutritionist Dr. Bernard Jensen found that wheatgrass and green juices are the most superior blood builders. In his book Health Magic Through Chlorophyll from Living Plant Life, he cites several cases where he was able to double the red blood cell count in a matter of days merely by having patients soak in a chlorophyll-water bath. Even more rapid blood building results occur when patients consume wheatgrass juice and other chlorophyll-rich juices regularly.

Some consumers who use wheatgrass for therapeutic purposes grow wheatgrass in their homes, and extract the juice using a wheatgrass juicer. Some prefer the convenience of buying the juice at a juice bar like Jamba Juice or a health food store like Whole Foods. The average dosage is 1 to 2 fluid ounces of fresh-squeezed juice once a day (or 3 to 4 times a day for detoxification); or 1 tablespoon wheatgrass powder (1 to 3 times a day); or 7 to 10 wheatgrass tablets (500 mg) a day.

I don't take wheatgrass but I currently alternate spirulina, barley grass and alfalfa powders.

Headstand or other inverted poses can help too. Here's my hair at 61 (uncolored): http://www.blogger.com/profile/02742026436206221165

Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:19 am

This is the second post I've read on this forum recently that leads me to believe my kidneys could use some sprucing up Smile.

I guess I will give wheatgrass a try for awhile.

Ecklonia Cava
Krill Oil
Decalcify
Rejuvaplex Topical

Other
Ubiquinol
ALCAR
Liv 52
Iodine
Ashwagandha

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:52 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:Just a guess, because there's little research on something so apparently obvious, I'm sure that most people notice that Presidents go through this mass acceleration of graying hair--the stress factor.

Looking at animal research, it appears that stress and even early life stress can affect the turnover of hair pigmentation.

Pigment Cell Melanoma Res. 2011 Feb;24(1):89-106. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-148X.2010.00808.x.
A neuroendocrinological perspective on human hair follicle pigmentation.
Paus R.

Department of Dermatology, University of Lübeck, Lübeck, Germany. ralf.paus@uk-sh.de

The role of neurohormones and neuropeptides in human hair follicle (HF) pigmentation extends far beyond the control of melanin synthesis by α-MSH and ACTH and includes melanoblast differentiation, reactive oxygen species scavenging, maintenance of HF immune privilege, and remodeling of the HF pigmentary unit (HFPU). It is now clear that human HFs are not only a target of multiple neuromediators, but also are a major non-classical production site for neurohormones such as CRH, proopiomelanocortin, ACTH, α-MSH, ß-endorphin, TRH, and melatonin. Moreover, human HFs have established a functional peripheral equivalent of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis. By charting the author's own meanderings through the jungle of hair pigmentation research, the current perspectives essay utilizes four clinical observations - hair repigmentation, canities, poliosis, and 'overnight greying'- as points of entry into the enigmas and challenges of .pigmentary HF neuroendocrinology. After synthesizing key principles and defining major open questions in the field, selected research avenues are delineated that appear clinically most promising. In this context, novel neuroendocrinological strategies to retard or reverse greying and to reduce damage to the HFPU are discussed.

and see how it performs. If anyone is over 40, they should take melatonin for added help.

Are you thinking the negative ions in the supplement can help with stress?

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:51 am

How are they claiming that it "may be the world's most powerful antioxidant"? What is the most powerful AO in your opinion CS? Would it be EC? Can't they measure things on the ORAC scale to know definitively?

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:53 am

scottyc33 wrote:
Paradox wrote:Just fYI if you are gluten free, BY has gluten. Lewis Labs makes a "nutritional yeast" which is gluten free though.

GLUTEN FREE

yep, that's it.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:20 am

Paradox wrote:
scottyc33 wrote:

GLUTEN FREE

yep, that's it.

This is my preferred brand, also gluten free.
http://www.myhealthygroove.com/twinlab-brewers-yeast-8-oz..html

Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:55 am

CF - The negative ion supplement is a potent scavenger of the hydroxyl radical, which is responsible for the breakdown of H202 (hydrogen peroxide), which is what causes lower levels of catalase and methionine sulfoxide.

J Med Food. 2003 Fall;6(3):249-53.
Evaluation of hydroxyl radical-scavenging abilities of silica hydride, an antioxidant compound, by a Fe2+-EDTA-induced 2-hydroxyterephthalate fluorometric analysis.
Stephanson CJ, Stephanson AM, Flanagan GP.

Flantech Group, Watsonville, California 95076, USA.

The hydroxyl radical scavenging capacity and efficacy of a novel organosiliceous anionic hydride compound, silica hydride, were quantified by a recently developed method. The method measures a direct relationship between the hydroxyl radical scavenging capability of the antioxidant compound and the linear decrease in signal from a fluorescent 2-hydroxyterephthalate product created by reacting an Fe(2+)-EDTA complex in the presence of a potential radical scavenger. A fluorescence signal half-inhibition, IC(50), value of 1.4 +/- 0.1 muM was obtained for silica hydride compounds. The validity of the analysis was verified by electron spin resonance spectroscopy, spectrophotometric analysis of NAD(+)/NADH ratios, mitochondrial membrane potential measurements, and assays of both cytochrome c (Fe(3+)) to cytochrome c (Fe(2+)) and epinephrine to adenochrome reductions.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next