Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Difficulty Swallowing During Sleep
Reversing Gray Hair EmptyYesterday at 4:25 am by shaftless

» Is it possible that testosterone levels have to be kept within a strict range?
Reversing Gray Hair EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 3:08 am by Jean-Guy

» I am trying the Growband
Reversing Gray Hair EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 2:57 am by Jean-Guy

» Hydrocurc
Reversing Gray Hair EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 2:48 am by Jean-Guy

» questions about HGH
Reversing Gray Hair EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 1:24 am by Dudard

» The Vital Role of NAD+ and Niacin in Longevity and Well-being
Reversing Gray Hair EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 10:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» solar eclipse on april 8
Reversing Gray Hair EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 1:53 am by shaftless

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Reversing Gray Hair EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 4:15 pm by Atlas

» How to increase FGF9
Reversing Gray Hair EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 3:17 am by Atlas

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Reversing Gray Hair

+7
lostwind
follijinxed
Misirlou
CausticSymmetry
yeeti
Delphine
MikeGore
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Reversing Gray Hair Empty Reversing Gray Hair

Post  MikeGore Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:16 am

Hi,

I just came across this product. Is there any validity behind the science. Is it any good? Anyone heard of it? Phyto RE30 link

Thanks

MikeGore

Back to top Go down

Reversing Gray Hair Empty Re: Reversing Gray Hair

Post  Delphine Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:07 am

MikeGore wrote:Hi,

I just came across this product. Is there any validity behind the science. Is it any good? Anyone heard of it? Phyto RE30 link

Thanks

Nah. I think you can go by the two reviews there.

Graying is complex.
I am "no spring chicken" and have mostly kept my natural color, brown. I note my hair can change from more to less gray and back again depending on various factors.
What I have noted as being helpful:

Keep silica levels up. Diatomaceous earth is very good for this.
High quality protein and B complex. I am currently taking brewer's yeast and desiccated liver together, which is like the ideal B complex/protein combo.
Stress management.
Headstand or anti-gravity boots.
Low/no shampoo.
Magnesium oil used topically including on hair.
Seaweed or kelp tablets.
Green foods and supplements.
Low/no sugar, coffee, alcohol, processed foods.

I may think of others, that is it for now Cool
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  yeeti Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:15 pm

Better get enough B vitamins, especially B-12 and biotin, vitamin D, E and A as well as minerals like zinc, iron, magnesium, selenium and copper. Also if you're smoking, quit, protect your hair from sun and stop damaging your hair (bleaching, using a brush instead of a wide-toothed comb, especially with wet hair, applying too much heat with a curling iron or hair dryer, using harsh soaps/shampoos, washing too frequently). Just taking a pill won't solve this problem.

yeeti

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:40 am

yeeti wrote:Better get enough B vitamins, especially B-12 and biotin, vitamin D, E and A as well as minerals like zinc, iron, magnesium, selenium and copper. Also if you're smoking, quit, protect your hair from sun and stop damaging your hair (bleaching, using a brush instead of a wide-toothed comb, especially with wet hair, applying too much heat with a curling iron or hair dryer, using harsh soaps/shampoos, washing too frequently). Just taking a pill won't solve this problem.

Iron will not help, will make it much worse.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:22 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:
yeeti wrote:Better get enough B vitamins, especially B-12 and biotin, vitamin D, E and A as well as minerals like zinc, iron, magnesium, selenium and copper. Also if you're smoking, quit, protect your hair from sun and stop damaging your hair (bleaching, using a brush instead of a wide-toothed comb, especially with wet hair, applying too much heat with a curling iron or hair dryer, using harsh soaps/shampoos, washing too frequently). Just taking a pill won't solve this problem.

Iron will not help, will make it much worse.

Iron pills might, but iron from foods like liver and blackstrap molasses is good. Anemia is a real thing.
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:17 am

Be careful with iron! Surely some people might have very low storages (take a blood test for p-iron, ferritin, TIBC so on) and should primarily focus on heme-iron (think red meat) intake. Stay away from iron supplements and iron from non-animal sources. I agree that liver is an excellent choice (if it's quality is high) and iron overload is not an issue.

According to Dr. Levy (think livon labs), copper deficiency is VERY rare..not sure about this myself, but the idea is interesting. He also states that we all should go bananas on magnesium and vitamin C.

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:56 am

Misirlou wrote:Be careful with iron! Surely some people might have very low storages (take a blood test for p-iron, ferritin, TIBC so on) and should primarily focus on heme-iron (think red meat) intake. Stay away from iron supplements and iron from non-animal sources. I agree that liver is an excellent choice (if it's quality is high) and iron overload is not an issue.

According to Dr. Levy (think livon labs), copper deficiency is VERY rare..not sure about this myself, but the idea is interesting. He also states that we all should go bananas on magnesium and vitamin C.

A tablespoon per day of blackstrap molasses is not going to be a problem. It has many health benefits including for hair.
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:38 am

Misirlou wrote:Be careful with iron! Surely some people might have very low storages (take a blood test for p-iron, ferritin, TIBC so on) and should primarily focus on heme-iron (think red meat) intake. Stay away from iron supplements and iron from non-animal sources. I agree that liver is an excellent choice (if it's quality is high) and iron overload is not an issue.

I disagree with Levy on the point of copper (being bad), most people are deficient in copper. So what's the truth?
It's how copper is shuttled that makes all the difference in the world.

In terms of iron, no matter how bad anemia could/can be, it has nothing (zero) to do with iron. It has everything to do with the metabolization of iron (which again, has nothing to do with intake of iron itself)...we all get too much iron.

Blackstrap molasses is rich in both of those nutrients.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

mak123 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:41 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:

I disagree with Levy on the point of copper (being bad), most people are deficient in copper. So what's the truth?  
It's how copper is shuttled that makes all the difference in the world.

In terms of iron, no matter how bad anemia could/can be, it has nothing (zero) to do with iron. It has everything to do with the metabolization of iron (which again, has nothing to do with intake of iron itself)...we all get too much iron.

Blackstrap molasses is rich in both of those nutrients.

So in your opinion CS, is blackstrap a good option?
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:25 am

Yes, it's good. The less sugar the better (some have much more than others)

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:00 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:Yes, it's good. The less sugar the better (some have much more than others)

If it is true blackstrap, it will be low sugar. It is the lighter molasses that is more sugary.
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  follijinxed Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:53 pm

I've just started taking a tablespoon a day of unsulphered blackstrap molasses 5 days ago. Will see if there are any results in 6 months.

follijinxed

Back to top Go down

Post  lostwind Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:53 am

Is 11gr of sugar too much per Tbsp? Looking at some items on Amazon..

lostwind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:50 am

lostwind wrote:Is 11gr of sugar too much per Tbsp? Looking at some items on Amazon..

Don't overthink it. It is the kind of sugar, and the nutrient profile that make the difference. If it is organic blackstrap, it's OK!
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  lostwind Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:54 am

Okay! Seems like it's around 1mg of iron per Tbsp.. Not lethal Smile

lostwind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:59 am

lostwind wrote:Okay! Seems like it's around 1mg of iron per Tbsp.. Not lethal Smile

Nope, it is a superfood Smile
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  follijinxed Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:35 am

I got mine from Whole Foods and it has 10g of sugar. It is the Wholesome brand unsulphured organic molasses.

follijinxed

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:41 am

follijinxed wrote:I got mine from Whole Foods and it has 10g of sugar. It is the Wholesome brand unsulphured organic molasses.

That is what I have too, just started up with it again. I was using it previously in a mocha type drink, and learned this is not something you want to sip
slowly. It is called blackstrap for a reason! So now I gulp it down in a drink along with diatomaceous earth, apple cider vinegar, and drops of Lugol's
iodine, and rinse mouth well after. It may sound hard to get down, but not really.
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  follijinxed Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:46 am

I just put it on a spoon and swallow it then drink a little bit of water. It doesn't taste that bad.

follijinxed

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:47 am

follijinxed wrote:I just put it on a spoon and swallow it then drink a little bit of water. It doesn't taste that bad.

No, not at all.
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuada Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:46 pm

Btw a couple of years ago I tried blackstrap molases for around 6 months and saw no improvements or whatsoever.
So whatever is turning my hair gray probably isn't liked to copper or iron.
I'm thinking lack of sleep and stress.
Not that I have alot of those, but I have elevated stress levels from time to time and my sleep ain't great.

Nuada

Back to top Go down

Post  H4ir Fri May 01, 2020 12:23 am

Your hair is turning gray because you dont have enough catalase, which is an antioxidant. Basically you need to eat antioxidents and put antioxidents on your head.

H4ir

Back to top Go down

Post  salemalekum Sat May 02, 2020 7:39 pm

Hello, I did reverse 90 % of gray hair... it is possible, it took me 5 years and now I have less gray hair than before, almost close to none.

I am amused by the nonsense on this thread, people recommending blackstrap molasses or iron... Rolling Eyes Very Happy

fast way to get wrinkly and gray..

do some proper logic, why would you ingest boiled sugar.... that destroys collagen via glycation... and also causes grey hair..

also why would you ingest iron while it is one of the main causes of aging.. beats me

salemalekum

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuada Mon May 04, 2020 12:09 am

salemalekum wrote:Hello, I did reverse 90 % of gray hair... it is possible, it took me 5 years and now I have less gray hair than before, almost close to none.

I am amused by the nonsense on this thread, people recommending blackstrap molasses or iron... Rolling Eyes Very Happy

fast way to get wrinkly and gray..

do some proper logic, why would you ingest boiled sugar.... that destroys collagen via glycation... and also causes grey hair..

also why would you ingest iron while it is one of the main causes of aging.. beats me
What method did you use to reverse the graying ?

Nuada

Back to top Go down

Post  salemalekum Mon May 04, 2020 4:49 am

Donating blood at least 1 time in 2 months, getting iron out by all means with chelation natural products,
Increasing copper intake to 100 % by all means
Avoiding coffee and alcohol totally
High intake of methyl donors.
So far that's it, it does reverse

salemalekum

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next