Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENTS AND MODERN DISEASES
Shedding from Donor/Sides/Back of head EmptyToday at 8:42 am by CausticSymmetry

» Carnivore Diet filled in bald spot.
Shedding from Donor/Sides/Back of head EmptyWed Sep 25, 2024 2:02 am by TheOne

» Butter packaging?
Shedding from Donor/Sides/Back of head EmptyMon Sep 23, 2024 1:01 pm by Maup

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Shedding from Donor/Sides/Back of head EmptySun Sep 22, 2024 6:57 am by CausticSymmetry

» Time to put on a mask again
Shedding from Donor/Sides/Back of head EmptySun Sep 22, 2024 5:28 am by CausticSymmetry

» Should an old milk tooth be pulled?
Shedding from Donor/Sides/Back of head EmptyThu Sep 19, 2024 7:58 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Shedding from Donor/Sides/Back of head EmptyWed Sep 18, 2024 11:28 pm by Maup

» Removing contaminants from water
Shedding from Donor/Sides/Back of head EmptyWed Sep 11, 2024 7:01 am by CausticSymmetry

» Qwackcine horror show
Shedding from Donor/Sides/Back of head EmptyWed Sep 11, 2024 1:27 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Shedding from Donor/Sides/Back of head

3 posters

Go down

Shedding from Donor/Sides/Back of head Empty Shedding from Donor/Sides/Back of head

Post  FireFist Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:53 pm

Can anyone guestimate why can one shed a lot of hair daily from the back of the head/sides (where there wont be any baldness)? this is happening for over a year now, and it isnt stopping.
I also lose a lot of chest hair, which grows back though, sides and donor grow back as well i think... so i'm rolling out alopecia artae and telogen effivilium...

what else?
FireFist
FireFist

Back to top Go down

Shedding from Donor/Sides/Back of head Empty Re: Shedding from Donor/Sides/Back of head

Post  Decro435 Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:15 pm

Hypothyroidism.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Shedding from Donor/Sides/Back of head Empty Re: Shedding from Donor/Sides/Back of head

Post  FireFist Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:38 pm

What are the symptoms besides hair shedding?
what's the treatment? i think CS mentioned LOSOL, anything else?
FireFist
FireFist

Back to top Go down

Post  HairSeeker Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:58 am

FireFist wrote:What are the symptoms besides hair shedding?
what's the treatment? i think CS mentioned LOSOL, anything else?

There are a few, including cold hands/feet, fatigue, weight gain, but you should conduct some tests to see if this is actually a problem. One simple test is taking your waking body temp. Do this first thing when you wake up prior to getting out of bed. Your body should not move around too much, which may increase your temp. Take your temp for three consecutive days and log the results. If your body temp is consistently under 97.6f you may be hypothyroid. Mine has been around 97 for over two years. Iodine supplementation (Lugol's) seems to help. You should also order an adrenal stress test to make sure that you are not suffering from any adrenal issues. Again, mine have been low for a while. The adrenals and thyroid work together.

HairSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down