Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
MPB with thinning sides & back? EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
MPB with thinning sides & back? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
MPB with thinning sides & back? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
MPB with thinning sides & back? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
MPB with thinning sides & back? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
MPB with thinning sides & back? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
MPB with thinning sides & back? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
MPB with thinning sides & back? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
MPB with thinning sides & back? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

MPB with thinning sides & back?

2 posters

Go down

MPB with thinning sides & back? Empty MPB with thinning sides & back?

Post  coco Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:04 pm

Hi everyone. Im 28 years old and have been experiencing MPB in a female pattern for around 6 years, the loss has been gradual, but my hair has lost 60% density on the top of my head, especially around my middle pattern, mid vertex!

My hairline is good and still intact, though i have recently been experiencing slight temple thinning and the hair around my ears and back is noticeably getting thinner!

I have only been supplementing Vit D3, Biotin & magnesium mixture for around 3 months. I regularly get a an "itch" around the MPB areas, crown & mid vertex?

I will be starting the top 3, except Curcumin (out of stock) on Monday.

Does anyone have any ideas on what might be causing this??

All feedback is welcome!

coco

Back to top Go down

MPB with thinning sides & back? Empty Re: MPB with thinning sides & back?

Post  coco Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:07 pm

Sorry, i meant to say the Top 6.

coco

Back to top Go down

Post  HairSeeker Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:12 pm

I have been dealing with the same type of hairloss for the past ten years. The loss has been very gradual until about two years ago, when it accelerated after I stopped Propecia and Xandrox. Why did I stop them? I thought they had lost their efficacy because my hair continued to decline. I was wrong! They were still helping me hold on to some hair. Systemic issues were probably aggravating my condition and increasing the loss. It's been my experience that stress, too much alcohol and a poor diet in general can greatly affect your hair. I suspect several factors that have contributed to my loss, but the root cause hereditary. My father lost most of his hair before he died at 66 from a massive heart attack. He developed and suffered from type II diabetes in his early 50's, most probably from a very stressful life. Hormonal imbalance, systemic inflammation and insulin resistance can all affect your hair. Immortal has a ton of information on his website on the subject. So, if you haven't already done this, clean up your diet, cut out all process foods and sugar, especially sugar. Slowly add more veggies, fruit and whole grains. If you find you don't tolerate whole grains, you can eat buckwheat, millet, barley and oatmeal, all of which are gluten free and should not cause digestive problems. Take the top six, they will help you fight inflammation and balance your glucose levels. Start exercising at least 4 times per week, preferably 6 and make sure you include resistance training. It's very important for hormonal balance and glucose metabolism. Cut down or stop alcohol. I know this one is very difficult, especially at your age, but it will also help greatly.

Propecia and Xandrox (Minox) worked wonders for me, my hair completely grew in. This lasted six years then I started to slowly decline. It started with a shed, then ever slower cycles of growth. I still have full coverage, but I am now noticeably thinning on my left temple and mid section. My hairline has also declined over the past year. I am now 46, so I guess it's to be expected.

Almost forgot. I also tried a laser helmet for four months. This unfortunately did not help me at all.

Hope the info helps.

HairSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post  coco Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:39 pm

Thanks Hairseeker!!

The information you have given me is very usefull and i have alot of researching to do. I would consider myself to have a balanced diet, i eat very little sugar, however i find it hard to eat well everyday!! I dont have a stressfull job, so i dont attribute stress to my hairloss. Iam more interested in the inflammation theory!!

Over the comming weeks i will try to re evaluate my diet, however i do drink alot on the weekends, due to my age!! I only drink 2 times per week, but this is usually a "binge" as they say!! I tend to drink lager, which, yes, cannot be good for me. Could i substitite this for something more hair friendly??

I will be starting the top 6 next week. I have considered going on a low dose of FIN, maybe 0.25g EOD. But im still not sure about that!! What dose did you take??

Also i seem to have a slow digestive transit...usually 48hours plus, is my usual cycle....is this excessive??

Also is there a good topical i could use to fight inflammation, because i get the "itch" very regularly!!!

Thanks

Coco

coco

Back to top Go down

Post  HairSeeker Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:20 pm

Coco, sorry about the late reply. I am currently using 2% topical Spironolactone and 2% topical Finesterade. Both are helping with itching. I also use a medicated shampoo developed for Dr. Richard Lee daily, this also helps relieve the itching.

To my knowledge, bowel transit time varies with what you eat. If you eat a lot of red meat, you may notice slower transit because it takes a bit longer to process. If you eat a lot of fruit/veggies and complex carbs, you should have one to two movements daily. When everything is working well, I am usually pretty regular. You may have mild internal inflammation that is slowing things down. If this is a concern, try taking a good pro-biotic daily. Make sure it contains 20-30 billion live bacteria and is designed to heal your digestive system. There are a couple of posts on this site that will steer you in the right direction, just search for pro-biotics.

I wish I could give you better advice and be able to tell you what will work for you, but we are all unique and so are our problems. What used to work wonders for me just three years ago is almost completely ineffective. One big mistake that I made and that you can learn from is starting Propecia. Once started, you should never stop. You have a very good chance of losing anything you ever gained and more. I say more because your body tends to up-regulate to compensate for the drug over time. This may increase the follicle receptor site to dht? Not sure if this is true, just something I read on a few posts. Makes sense though.

HairSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down