Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Updated Immortal Hair Regimen (and other regimens)? EmptyYesterday at 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Updated Immortal Hair Regimen (and other regimens)? EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Updated Immortal Hair Regimen (and other regimens)? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Updated Immortal Hair Regimen (and other regimens)? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Updated Immortal Hair Regimen (and other regimens)? EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Updated Immortal Hair Regimen (and other regimens)? EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Updated Immortal Hair Regimen (and other regimens)? EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Updated Immortal Hair Regimen (and other regimens)? EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Updated Immortal Hair Regimen (and other regimens)? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Updated Immortal Hair Regimen (and other regimens)?

5 posters

Go down

Updated Immortal Hair Regimen (and other regimens)? Empty Updated Immortal Hair Regimen (and other regimens)?

Post  thissucks Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:51 pm

Hi CS and others,

Any chance we could get an update to the Immortal Hair MPB Regimen?  It hasn't been updated in quite some time.

Hair Evo is long defunct.

Many Ortho Nutrition products are out of stock.  

Nutricology Ecklonia Cava is gone.  The old regimen says: "Caution:  Avoid other brands, must be Ortho Nutrition or Nutricology only!"  But now both are either discontinued or out of stock.  Is there a good source for this anymore?  Also, is this still considered the "#1 supplement?"

Is there anything new to add to the regimen?  

And finally, how about some experiences outside just the basic IH regimen.  Does anybody else have a successful regimen to share?

On top of the basic IH regimen, I've been taking NAG, Berberine, L-Glutamine, Hesperidin, and KSM-66.  I also take Life Extension's Ultra Natural Prostate and and Two-Per-Day multivitamin.  I try to hit all the basics, including (sadly) DHT inhibition, because I just can't seem to stop my hair loss.

I have no doubt that all of these supplements are helping my longetivity.  But unfortunately, the slow march of MPB continues.  Poor sleep quality is still an issue for me and diet is above average, but far from perfect.  I currently have clear braces to fix my TMJ issues, which were caused, in part, by two teeth extractions and a jaw infection.  Luckily, that was all cleared up about 2 years ago, and as a result, I currenly have no root canals (just a hole in my mouth where two adjacent molars are missing).  The braces will be coming off soon, though I will still have a retainer to wear at night.  I don't know if it's possible that the braces are contributing to my hair loss.  

But while it's been a dental horror show for me - it will hopefully be all done soon, and I'll have no root canals or implants to worry about.  I've traveled to American Biodental in Tijuana several times (they use the Huggins protocol), and I'll be going back once the braces come off to get checked out, and maybe replace some fillings (I've already removed all the amalgams).

Would love to hear more status updates from you all.

thissucks

bobbers2011 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Updated Immortal Hair Regimen (and other regimens)? Empty Re: Updated Immortal Hair Regimen (and other regimens)?

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:43 pm

I'll make an attempt to update the regimen page to make it more relevant. It is difficult with all of the supply chain issues.
Always hearing that Ortho-Nutrition in some form will be updated, but never sure on its status.

For sure there are various products around that will do what is necessary.

Speaking of sleep....When I hear about sleep issues...it's a near guarantee that hair loss will continue to be a battle
until that part is resolved. That's often the crux of the issue.

Above average diet, wonder what that is.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

thissucks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Updated Immortal Hair Regimen (and other regimens)? Empty Re: Updated Immortal Hair Regimen (and other regimens)?

Post  bh1546 Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:49 am

Id be curious to know as well where yall are sourcing yalls regimens from. Thanks

bh1546

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:37 am

I was told that Ecklonia cava (Ortho-Nutrition) - a major MMP-9 inhibitor, will be attempted to return to Amazon. Apparently there was some red tape preventing it getting on there.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Serge and Zaphod like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  thissucks Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:03 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:I'll make an attempt to update the regimen page to make it more relevant. It is difficult with all of the supply chain issues.
Always hearing that Ortho-Nutrition in some form will be updated, but never sure on its status.

Speaking of sleep....When I hear about sleep issues...it's a near guarantee that hair loss will continue to be a battle

OK great, thanks CS.  Good to hear about the EC as well.

You know, sometimes we get lost in the details and forget the most obvious of things staring us right in the face.  Poor sleep and stress have just been a part of my life for so long that they're just taken for granted.  I really do need to clean that up, once and for all.  It wouldn't be surprising if that's my biggest problem whilst I'm over here aggressively targeting my DHT.  Neutral

My diet is something like this:

1-2 protein shakes a day consisting of ice, organic whole milk (occasionally coconut/almond), sometimes fruit (half a banana or a handful of frozen mango), natural whey, collagen, creatine, glutamine, dextrin or miralax

Breakfast/Lunch - cottage cheese with pineapple, bagel with grass-fed butter, hard boiled or scrambled eggs with cheese, steel cut oats with fruit or maple syrup, protein shake, leftovers

Dinner - mostly meat and veggies, potato/sweet potato/rice - often lightly processed meats like turker burgers, salmon patties, chicken sasuages  - or ground meat or grilled chicken that I cook.  Usually frozen veggies with that.

I eat pizza and Chipotle once a week.  And I eat out a few times a week.  I get salmon once a week and meatloaf once a week.  Sometimes burger and sweet potato fries (no fast food though).

A few cheat desserts a week (usually ice cream or ginger snaps).  Few processed foods otherwise.

I only drink water (other than protein shakes).

Obviously some real no-nos here (occasional ice cream, pizza, etc... too much sugar and carbs overall), so there's plenty of room for improvement, but I still eat better than the average person.  I guess I'll pretend that's a win?  pirat

thissucks

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:12 pm

thissucks wrote:
CausticSymmetry wrote:I'll make an attempt to update the regimen page to make it more relevant. It is difficult with all of the supply chain issues.

OK great, thanks CS.  Good to hear about the EC as well.

You know, sometimes we get lost in the details and forget the most obvious of things staring us right in the face.  Poor sleep and stress have just been a part of my life for so long that they're just taken for granted.  I really do need to clean that up, once and for all.  It wouldn't be surprising if that's my biggest problem whilst I'm over here aggressively targeting my DHT.  Neutral

My diet is something like this:

1-2 protein shakes a day consisting of ice, organic whole milk (occasionally coconut/almond), sometimes fruit (half a banana or a handful of frozen mango), natural whey, collagen, creatine, glutamine, dextrin or miralax

Breakfast/Lunch - cottage cheese with pineapple, bagel with grass-fed butter, hard boiled or scrambled eggs with cheese, steel cut oats with fruit or maple syrup, protein shake, leftovers

Dinner - mostly meat and veggies, potato/sweet potato/rice - often lightly processed meats like turkey burgers, salmon patties, chicken sausages  - or ground meat or grilled chicken that I cook.  Usually frozen veggies with that.

I eat pizza and Chipotle once a week.  And I eat out a few times a week.  I get salmon once a week and meatloaf once a week.  Sometimes burger and sweet potato fries (no fast food though).

A few cheat desserts a week (usually ice cream or ginger snaps).  Few processed foods otherwise.

I only drink water (other than protein shakes).

Obviously some real no-nos here (occasional ice cream, pizza, etc... too much sugar and carbs overall), so there's plenty of room for improvement, but I still eat better than the average person.  I guess I'll pretend that's a win?  pirat

No argument there, above average diet. High stress is a big deal, sometimes emotional, occupational, or physical...

Pure speculation here, but based on a review of near zero carbohydrate consumption over time (after the body adjusts), sleep is often radically improved. This is probably because any form of carbohydrate seems to foster some level of insomnia. Glucose and insomnia are related in that having a high level of glucose in the blood can lead to insomnia, as it causes an increase in energy and alertness that can interfere with sleep.

Of course, pre-existing health conditions can play a role in this.

Over time, I've made an internal poll that chronic hair loss that is not responding the usual natural approaches suffer from various deal breakers...one of them is not getting sound sleep.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thissucks Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:18 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:
No argument there, above average diet. High stress is a big deal, sometimes emotional, occupational, or physical...

Pure speculation here, but based on a review of near zero carbohydrate consumption over time (after the body adjusts), sleep is often radically improved. This is probably because any form of carbohydrate seems to foster some level of insomnia. Glucose and insomnia are related in that having a high level of glucose in the blood can lead to insomnia, as it causes an increase in energy and alertness that can interfere with sleep.

Over time, I've made an internal poll that chronic hair loss that is not responding the usual natural approaches suffer from various deal breakers...one of them is not getting sound sleep.

Thanks CS.  Was surprised you didn't point out all the milk I'm drinking.  Do you still consider milk to be one of the very worst foods for hair?  The organic whole milk just makes protein shakes so rich and creamy, I have trouble keeping it out of my diet.  Those smoothies are like delicious milkshakes (even though the powders are sugar-free).  Sometimes I put whip cream on the top, too. Embarassed

For stress, it's all of the above.  I manage to counterract some of it by swimming 1-2 times a week, which has been a fantastic addition to my workout regimen.  My body always feels completely energized afterwards.  However, I'm not sure if the chlorine is damaging my hair.  I've also added in tennis, which works similarly, although there's much more pounding on the body.  

I always get hungry at night and more often than not go to bed with food in my belly (carbs included).  There's still so many things that I'm still doing wrong! Mad  I need to make major changes to my evening lifestyle.  It's hard to change once you're in a rut.  I also tend to have mild acid reflux throughout the day.  How has your carnivore diet worked on your digestion?  What's your nighttime routine like?

thissucks

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:01 am

thissucks wrote:
CausticSymmetry wrote:

Thanks CS.  Was surprised you didn't point out all the milk I'm drinking.  Do you still consider milk to be one of the very worst foods for hair?  The organic whole milk just makes protein shakes so rich and creamy, I have trouble keeping it out of my diet.  Those smoothies are like delicious milkshakes (even though the powders are sugar-free).  Sometimes I put whip cream on the top, too. Embarassed

For stress, it's all of the above.  I manage to counterract some of it by swimming 1-2 times a week, which has been a fantastic addition to my workout regimen.  My body always feels completely energized afterwards.  However, I'm not sure if the chlorine is damaging my hair.  I've also added in tennis, which works similarly, although there's much more pounding on the body.  

I always get hungry at night and more often than not go to bed with food in my belly (carbs included).  There's still so many things that I'm still doing wrong! Mad  I need to make major changes to my evening lifestyle.  It's hard to change once you're in a rut.  I also tend to have mild acid reflux throughout the day.  How has your carnivore diet worked on your digestion?  What's your nighttime routine like?

At least your consuming whole milk, versus low or non-fat. It's not super clear (other than high levels of hormones in the cow), how it would impact hair, of course goat's milk is an alternative and generally easier to digest.

Probably dozens of possible reasons that have not been looked at. The devil is always in the details.

Regarding digestion, when people talk of reflux, it's usually the carbs, unless its some type of trigger allergen.

I never had any digestion issues, whatsoever prior to carnivore, but carnivore does resolve digestive issues in general.
Clotting factors can be stimulated via seed oils, which are in a lot of non-meat products.

Before I went completely into carnivore, I relied on Keto to help adapt my system towards some sweetener alternatives so that I could get used to not eating sweet foods. Started using sugar alcohols/monkfruit combos, and according to some the allulose/monkfruit combos are closer to sugar in taste. However, eventually just adapted from a high sweet diet to nearly zero at all.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thissucks Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:28 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:
At least your consuming whole milk, versus low or non-fat. It's not super clear (other than high levels of hormones in the cow), how it would impact hair, of course goat's milk is an alternative and generally easier to digest.

Probably dozens of possible reasons that have not been looked at. The devil is always in the details.

Regarding digestion, when people talk of reflux, it's usually the carbs, unless its some type of trigger allergen.

I never had any digestion issues, whatsoever prior to carnivore, but carnivore does resolve digestive issues in general.
Clotting factors can be stimulated via seed oils, which are in a lot of non-meat products.

Before I went completely into carnivore, I relied on Keto to help adapt my system towards some sweetener alternatives so that I could get used to not eating sweet foods. Started using sugar alcohols/monkfruit combos, and according to some the allulose/monkfruit combos are closer to sugar in taste. However, eventually just adapted from a high sweet diet to nearly zero at all.
Good to hear.  I saw an old post from you (from 2009 or so?) saying that milk was one of the very worst foods for hair.  Granted, that was like 14 years ago, so I guess the science has changed?  I would do raw milk if I could, but there's no sources close to me.  Never tried goat's milk, and not sure I want to. Smile

I'm glad the carnivore diet is working for you.  What do you eat in an average day?  

A friend of mine has cancer (for the second time now) and she also is apparently allergic to just about everything.  She has actually reduced her diet to just beef, nothing else.  She says she can't even do chicken or she breaks out in hives.  If she's feeling wild and crazy she'll also eat a few eggs fried in beef tallow (but she's technically allergic to them).  She says she eats about a pound of beef (ribeye) a day, give or take a bit.  Pretty crazy but apparently it's working for her.  She beat cancer the first time with a vegetable juice diet (about a decade ago, when she wasn't so sensitive), but now hopefully she'll beat it again with her carnivore diet.

thissucks

CausticSymmetry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:48 pm

thissucks wrote:
CausticSymmetry wrote:

Good to hear.  I saw an old post from you (from 2009 or so?) saying that milk was one of the very worst foods for hair.  Granted, that was like 14 years ago, so I guess the science has changed?  I would do raw milk if I could, but there's no sources close to me.  Never tried goat's milk, and not sure I want to. Smile

I'm glad the carnivore diet is working for you.  What do you eat in an average day?  

A friend of mine has cancer (for the second time now) and she also is apparently allergic to just about everything.  She has actually reduced her diet to just beef, nothing else.  She says she can't even do chicken or she breaks out in hives.  If she's feeling wild and crazy she'll also eat a few eggs fried in beef tallow (but she's technically allergic to them).  She says she eats about a pound of beef (ribeye) a day, give or take a bit.  Pretty crazy but apparently it's working for her.  She beat cancer the first time with a vegetable juice diet (about a decade ago, when she wasn't so sensitive), but now hopefully she'll beat it again with her carnivore diet.

Regarding the milk, on the safe side, some people have poor skin conditions as a reaction to dairy. Then it all depends on the quality, type. There's A2 milk verses A1, there's pasteurization and homogenization, and the fact that these cows produce a lot of hormones, such as estrogen.

So, if there's no sensitivity, probably fine and consuming the full fat is far better than the low or non-fat variety.

There's definitely much worse offenders than milk.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  asingh97 Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:52 am

Is the website down?

I tried to forward an old blog post on cancer cures to my friend, but the page keeps returning a 404 error page.

asingh97

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:53 am

asingh97 wrote:Is the website down?

I tried to forward an old blog post on cancer cures to my friend, but the page keeps returning a 404 error page.

What was the title of the blog post?

Yes I see, there is a situation on it...will work on fixing it. there was a change in the hosting services.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  moby Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:13 am

any update on this? I can't find good ecklonia cava ANYWHERE

moby

http://stopmpb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:00 am

moby wrote:any update on this? I can't find good ecklonia cava ANYWHERE

Here's a few choices:

Ortho Nutrition

https://amzn.to/3s9BfZh

Swansons ECE Extract 4-pack
(Necessary to take 3 as a dose)

https://amzn.to/45OXPo2

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down