Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
immortal hair regimen - nutrition EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
immortal hair regimen - nutrition EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
immortal hair regimen - nutrition EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
immortal hair regimen - nutrition EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
immortal hair regimen - nutrition EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
immortal hair regimen - nutrition EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
immortal hair regimen - nutrition EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
immortal hair regimen - nutrition EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
immortal hair regimen - nutrition EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

immortal hair regimen - nutrition

4 posters

Go down

immortal hair regimen - nutrition Empty immortal hair regimen - nutrition

Post  researchingeverything Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:56 am

I checked out the immortal hair regimen but I dont see any info on what are the best vegetables to eat to stop hair loss...

I think that vegetables are very important as they have really powerful substances such as the ones you found in broccoli...
and can have an impact on our thyroid condition, gut, hormones etc...

I think would be good to add more detailed info on vegetables...

From what I read it seems cooked vegetables are better than raw vegetables for gut health...
it seems that raw vegetables are not good for gut?
and even better would be fermented vegetables?

researchingeverything

Back to top Go down

immortal hair regimen - nutrition Empty Re: immortal hair regimen - nutrition

Post  AS54 Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:38 am

Its a complex subject as far as individual food choices are concerned, and there are a lot of angles to look at any given food with, not the least of which is your genetic heritage, the anatomy and physical health of your gut, the gut microbiota, the enzymes you are working with, etc. etc. etc.

You could spend years researching the data out there and what you are inevitably going to get down to is the fact you've got to experiment and find what works for you. The amount of biovariability between individuals is astonishing. See what works, pitch what doesn't.

If a food tends to leave you feeling better after eating it than you did before, you're probably on the right track. After eating a food, if you feel tired, less well being, foggy in the head, over excited and jittery, stomach upset, abnormal stools within 1-3 days of eating it, fat in the stool, passing solid pieces of said food in the stool, well these are all things you should look at and possibly say to yourself, "Should I be eating this."

At that point, the only reliable way to tell for yourself is going to be to eliminate it from the diet and reintroduce it to test the effects.

One note on vegetables that you should take to heart is to not be caught up in the rhetoric about plant foods being "human" food or the food "that was meant for us to eat". This is an argument that is really easily deconstructed. Each and every food, plant or animal has to be taken on a case by case basis as to its health effects, and cannot be lumped in to one large category, i.e. "Its natural so its healthy".

I tend to agree, in general, that cooking vegetables is optimal as far as bioavailability of the nutrients goes, and for destroying a lot of the antinutrients/plant toxins present in these things. Cooking has had a substantial role in our evolution and in our ability to digest plant foods. A good deal of raw vegetables are abrasive to the gut, but this all depends on one's gut too. A little bit of raw plant food here and there can actually be beneficial because of the effects they have on turning up our own antioxidant systems, a little poison is good thing!

I tend to favor vegetables that are low in FODMAP, as they are much easier on the gut, release less histamine, and aren't as easily fermentable in the gut (which is good if you have dysbiosis). But in reality, if you look at almost any vegetable they are going to contain some form of these carbohydrates. I pick from the least offensive. I find carrots are a good choice. Celery isn't bad. Onions, I don't do too well on although I love them, fructans are something I don't handle well at all. Broccoli is a personal favorite, although it should be cooked. Cooking allows you to crack down on the goitrogens that are in the brassica family of plants, and still allows you to get some of the indoles which are good for liver and hormone metabolism.

So as you can see its a balancing act of trying to find the greatest nutritional value and which are the safest for digestion. Ultimately only putting it in your gut and seeing what happens will really tell you anything about your own personal situation.

As far as a vegetable that is going to be unarguably pro-hair, well that doesn't exist. Again, how something effects hair is going to depend on how that thing reacts chemically in the individual's body. What's good for one may not be good for another. And at the end of the day, hair loss will never come down to a lack of a particular vegetable in the diet. If I had to be honest, I think plant nutrition (with the exception of antioxidants) tends to be highly, highly overrated. Mathieu Lalonde did a terrific presentation on this at Harvard and its worth a watch...just google "matt lalonde nutrient density". TLDR; he found that for almost every category of nutrient, animal foods were not only more dense in that nutrient, but it was more biologically available to humans.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:31 am

AS54 - Nice answer. People have a very broad range of metabolisms and dietary needs. Experimentation with what will help the most is important.

The health of the average digestive tract has become severely compromised in the last 100 years. Food allergies are becoming more common place. Try to buy free range, grass-fed meat when possible and organic everything else when possible. GMO crops along with antibiotics have destroyed the gut overall in those who suffer.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  researchingeverything Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:38 am

yes thats true but I think still would be a good idea to check an expert on gut health such as Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride and an expert on how to optimize thyroid for some basic guidelines as those 2 areas seem to be important to stop hair loss (thyoid and gut)
for example natasha is giving some specific guidelines that i think almost everybody can follow...

http://gapsdiet.com/INTRODUCTION_DIET.html

researchingeverything

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:47 am

Yes, I am very familiar with her work. However, for various reasons Natasha's diet doesn't reach it for everyone. For example, usually those who have gallbladder problems cannot handle the dairy or fat until they are repaired.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:24 am

CS,

Yeah I definitely agree with you on that. Eat clean where possible. The way a lot of the animals for human consumption are raised on the large mega farms today is horrendous, not only for the animal but for the consumer as well. They are being fed diets meant specifically to A) keep mold/bacteria from killing the animal before processing, B) add as much fat to their frames in that time as possible, C) shorten that time frame as much as possible with growth factors/hormones. Not only is it inhumane, but you are getting frankenstein products out of this process and people wonder why we're all so much sicker today with differential conditions no one can diagnose. Well one reason for that is medicine is way, way behind the curve as far as gut health is concerned. Its probably one of the bigger mysteries in the grand scheme of human health, simply because you've got trillions of other living things in there effecting everything.

There has been a decent amount of discussion on GAPS here at the forum. There are some good threads worth reading if you search for them. Elimination diets can be a risk, in the same capacity that they can be beneficial. If you go on a severe elimination diet, and you were starting off deficient in dietary protein/amino acids and your diet is restrictive, you'll have all sorts of problems. If you were low on digestive enzymes and stomach acid, an elimination diet isn't going to help you because you aren't addressing that fundamental problem first. Like CS mentioned, liver issues and biliary stasis make a diet like GAPS really hard to jump into full throttle.

GAPS is an intense protocol and I do think it can be a godsend for people that need it and have other things under control (elimination of problem infections, proper stomach acid) but for a lot of people it might be a bit impractical and overboard. Just taking out the grains (possibly leaving a few servings of rice in there to keep yourself sane, or quinoa if it suits your fancy) will probably help most people dramatically improve. Taking it further, I'd move on to dairy, corn, and soy. Most people would probably be back to a sustainable level of health if these were gone (assuming other health behaviors like sleep and exercise are on point). Eliminating processed vegetable oils (corn, soy, cottonseed, safflower seed, canola).

If it were me, I would eliminate grains (save for a bit of rice after exercise). I would eliminate dairy, corn, and soy. I'd get fats only from quality grass-fed butter, coconut oil, and olive oil. Find a source you can get quality meat from and select a few cuts you can get for yourself consistently for a while, whether it be beef, poultry, or otherwise. Get them free-range/grass-fed. I'd be taking a digestive enzyme, bile salts, and betaine HCL with meals for several weeks, and continue with the HCL for longer afterward. Make meals using as much quality broth as possible (soups are amazing). Stick with safe vegetables, the meat, broth, and some fruit. Use rice/potatoes judiciously when the body is ready for it and keep it minimal and take it with n-acetyl glucosamine. Throw in a quality probiotic taken morning and evening, shit loads of vitamin C, zinc/magnesium, vitamin A, and plenty of dietary protein. Toss in an activated charcoal supplement and perhaps some lactoferrin. Get yourself some good quality salt.

I think this would get most people's guts healthy in a matter of a couple months, or at least on the right track.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:25 pm

Nice posts here. Despite it's been covered almost all, charcoal for detox and biofilm might not be enough for some, IME. So some form of chelation is what goes hand to hand with healing the gut. At least from my experiences.

If casein and milk is tolerable, raw + home made probiotics are what really give many nutritional benefits beside the beneficial bacteria. However, quality of milk is what is a real question here, and how one tolerates it. Goats milk is its ideal, and it's not point consuming it in larger quantities, but frequently enough. I wouldn't drink pasteurized and/or homogenized milk at all, nor use it for milk products...

Another thing is boosting immune system by adding supps as colostrum, killing the nano bacteria and address calcium deposits. K2, iodine, chanca piedra are maybe necessarily options here as well.

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down