Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Apple Cider Vinegar. EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Apple Cider Vinegar. EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Apple Cider Vinegar. EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Apple Cider Vinegar. EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Apple Cider Vinegar. EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Apple Cider Vinegar. EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Apple Cider Vinegar. EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Apple Cider Vinegar. EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Apple Cider Vinegar. EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Apple Cider Vinegar.

+3
HanginInthere
Nuada
Decro435
7 posters

Go down

Apple Cider Vinegar. Empty Apple Cider Vinegar.

Post  Decro435 Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:34 pm

Does anyone here use Apple Cider Vinegar?

I've started today, rinsing my hair with ACV diluted 50-50 with water. Is there any tips or benefits to look forward to?
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Apple Cider Vinegar. Empty Re: Apple Cider Vinegar.

Post  Nuada Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:05 pm

I haven't used it topically, I am not sure what to expect from that. But I've read that it has other benefits when taken internally.

Nuada

Back to top Go down

Apple Cider Vinegar. Empty ACV

Post  HanginInthere Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:22 pm

It is great for anti fungal, and I would not doubt it benefits the hair in a similar manner to
nizoral cream, but i cannot say this from experience since have not tried it, but the nizoral is also an anti fungal

It is great for infections inside the body, it will purportedly treat and almost cure even a sinus infection faster than antibiotics

pour one teaspoon into a glass of water and drink. I know it smells like easter egg dye but it works

HanginInthere

Back to top Go down

Post  ITITCHES Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:27 am

pour one teaspoon into a glass of water and drink.

DO NOT do this. Apple Cider Vinegar is a one-of-a-kind teeth butcher. Stick to teeth-free swallowing of a concentrated supplement.

ITITCHES

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:01 am

Be careful - ACV should NOT be gulped - it will burn. It should always be diluted in water. Your concern of hurting the teeth enamel is appropriate, for that use a straw - but taking ACV shots is a NO GO...

ITITCHES wrote:

DO NOT do this. Apple Cider Vinegar is a one-of-a-kind teeth butcher. Stick to teeth-free swallowing of a concentrated supplement.

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  ITITCHES Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:31 pm

lund wrote:Be careful - ACV should NOT be gulped - it will burn. It should always be diluted in water. Your concern of hurting the teeth enamel is appropriate, for that use a straw - but taking ACV shots is a NO GO...

ITITCHES wrote:

The straw won't save you if you take ACV remotely regularly. I'd stick with swallowing pills, no matter the extra cash you have to shell out.

... I suppose you *could* create your own, but I wouldn't know how to go about that.

ITITCHES

Back to top Go down

Post  HanginInthere Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:05 am

Most everything I have read say diluting it in a glass of water is safe, they mostly talk about sure straight ACV is too acidic on the tooth enamel. but most places say diluting in a glass of water is not a concern

HanginInthere

Back to top Go down

Post  hair grower Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:18 am

For me, the best solution was to get the 000 (biggest size) empty capsules and fill them with the ACV. That way I can get the fresh ACV and save my enamel. Works alright.

hair grower

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:38 am

I've been taking ACV for awhile both externally and internally. Externally it is really good as a rinse and can help relieve itch, flaking, bacteria\fungus etc. Internally it will help raise your pH and aid in digestion when taken briefly before or after a meal.

I usually take it diluted in water. However I have been putting about 1/4 tsp of Baking Soda (aluminum free). This will cause it to fizz and will raise the pH of the mixture thus neutralizing the negative effects it can have on tooth enamel. In my opinion it is really only detrimental to tooth enamel at full strength over longer periods.

Here is some good info about mixing it with baking soda:

TED'S RECIPE
Ted from Bangkok, Thailand writes: There is an ACV remedy and then there is Ted's ACV remedy. The ACV remedy is what has been traditionally done to drink it directly. Now I have always recommended the use of the second one, which requires that you add baking soda to the ACV to neutralize the acid to just 7.0 or close to it before drinking, otherwise the acidity will bring on dentin sensitivity and cause erosion of the enamel. A minimum pH on ACV of 6.0 and above should stop enamel erosion, in case you like somewhat of a "sour" ACV tastes, ideally it should be closer to 7.0.

You might wonder whether therapeutic effectiveness of the second one might be as effective as the original one. It should be at least as effective if not more effective than an original formula for two reasons:

1. If you take the original ACV remedy (2 TBS of ACV in a glass of water), the body is going to neutralize it anyway using the available bicarbonates the body stores have. If not, you get a burning tongue or skin of the tongue become lose or tears up, if the body don't have sufficient bicarbonates. It takes AT LEAST A week to get a bicarbonate level to optimum provided you take bicarbonates everyday. I am of course assuming that in this instance, you don't have sufficient bicarbonate levels.

2. The newer ACV remedy I have always recommended (AKA Ted's ACV recipe) is to ADD baking soda until most of the acid is neutralized near 7.0. Chemically it is not changed, the malic becomes a malate when baking soda has neutralized, but then the body is going to convert to THAT anyway. What YOUR body wants is that the pH is at an ideal theoretical pH 7.35, which is equivalent to the pH of your blood.

So for me an ideal food, whether we talk about ACV or any other food should GENERALLY be slightly alkaline. If you don't do it for your body the body will change to an alkaline anyway, provided that your body is FIT to do that! So it is best not to assume that your body is FIT and it is best to assume the worst and just add the baking soda as a precaution.

Making it alkaline will give you the extra benefit of more oxygen in your body and greater buffers the body need so you should in fact feel better with the newer formula. In fact, athletes takes pure baking soda to relieve them of muscular pain from long physical endurance. Thinking along this makes it easier to use this newer formula as well as protect against enamel erosion.

Many people have misinterpreted the event where a body becomes alkaline in event of a person becomes sick to be a "bad thing". However, this is HOW a body kills off invading bacteria and viruses by raising up the alkalinity level. So in fact alkalinity is actually needed. When an immune system is suppressed or destroyed (from surgery or chemical toxins), the body will raise its alkalinity level much more frequently than a healthy person. What a potentially sick person needs to do is to give sufficient buffers for alkalinity using baking soda, but also regenerate the body's immune system (the thymus) with supplementation of secretogues, such as L-glutamine, melatonin, and iodine from seaweed and kelp.

HOW MUCH BAKING SODA SHOULD YOU ADD?
The amount of ACV needed to react with baking soda to get to pH level of near 6.5-7.0 depends on the brand of ACV. For my own brand of ACV, it is approximately 50 ml-70 ml per one tablespoon of baking soda. So always start on the low side first!

If you are not used to it, try only 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda - the safest possible mixture assuming 2 tablespoon of ACV in a 250 mg water. Then increase slowly as needed. For tougher cases like Acid Reflux, you can go up to 2 tablespoons but you must start slowly or you will upset your stomach. Most people will not need this much baking soda.

If you have a pH meter handy, it would be more easier go that way and just add enough until it reaches near pH of 7. It is very much dependent on what brand your ACV is generally. Please note that these are approximate figures.

One more important note!

Warning: if you mix baking soda with ACV it will create a lot of bubbles that goes very high! You need to mix inside a large empty pitcher! Also add the ACV very slowly! For me, I don't use ACV here in Bangkok that often because of the price. I just use simple vinegar, so I usually will not have the bubbling issues!

HOW OFTEN SHOULD YOU TAKE THIS FORMULA IF YOU HAVE ACID REFLUX?
Take this formula 2 - 3 three times a day on an empty stomach.

SHOULD YOU TAKE IT EVERY DAY?
No, take it for 5 days, then stop for 2 days.
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down