Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 9 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 9 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 9 EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 9 EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??)

+88
symbiotic
ngb
sizzlinghairs
Alan
marku
dudebro
Amaranthaceae
Longshanks
Duketronix
GreatDiscovery
hairisthickening
drex1999
Horatius
schpiloch123
zn
Hair101
Regrowth
LawOfThelema
Fibonacci
playmaker
hairloss hippie
mistyisland
Hali-L
isis
ghai018
Zaphod
FATE
young trunks
Lurx
Delphine
Aum
gg4545
crysanthium
elan164
virtua_
Thin in FL
ocelot911
longhairedredhead
JZ
shaggydog
taidan
zeroes
hammer2012
huli
angstman
theseeker86
Crusher
Balthier
Mawson06
j87x
imprisoned-radical
Paradox
duel_black
bobbers2011
zanza
jkj86
masterfree
dadon
whodathunkit
Yanks
gbp2000
ferox
tcpratt
AS54
Hoppipolla
sanderson
MilBA
RPM
bov51
jlj
Zeke
tooyoung
angusmojo
MikeGore
wildman
SlowMoe
calvicie
gutted
dreft
Gibson
Columbo
9rugrats5
EazyGo
CausticSymmetry
GoodThings
tudor
hellwig
NeonMonk
92 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 9 Empty Re: Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??)

Post  longhairedredhead Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:07 am

As of three days ago, I've also started brushing. I'm using a hair brush (this one looks comparable https://i.imgur.com/9lak4.png) on my right temple and notice red skin and warmth already after about 15 seconds of brushing. Meanwhile I'm also doing a scalp massage 1-2x a day. Hope to see results soon, which I'll then report to you. Smile

longhairedredhead

Back to top Go down

Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 9 Empty Re: Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??)

Post  hellwig Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:09 am

I think the more you brush the better, so long as you're not damaging the skin too badly. I would suggest a minimum of 10 minutes twice a day.

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  longhairedredhead Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:17 am

Currently I'm brushing one minute, three times a day. I've ordered a boar brush too a couple of minutes ago, which should be here in about a week. We'll see.

longhairedredhead

Back to top Go down

Post  duel_black Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:01 am

Columbo wrote:
hellwig wrote:http://www.bernarrmacfadden.com/macfadden6.html

That's some pretty impressive hair he's sporting there, in his 70's!

Great post. I like this guy Bernar. I really liked his website.

Here is his hair book:

http://books.google.com/books?id=9HG-2IHjZOEC&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false

Here is his book on restoring vision and losing the glasses:

http://books.google.com/books?id=kLXpAAAAIAAJ&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false

duel_black

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:13 am

I cant get past his name. It's almost like someone made a typo on his birth certificate

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:10 am

lol I've been reading through this whole thread in it's entirety (probably taken me the best part of an hour) and I'm sitting here laughing Very Happy

It's just really funny hearing everyone talking seriously and then every so often ferox posts and sounds more and more like he's turning into a frickin' yeti with every passing post xD

Good on ya mate keep it up!! I might buy the exact same brush and also a body detox brush and just copy the success stories... I mean why not!! If it works, why play with it? Smile

EDIT -- All hail the mighty ferox brush! ^_^

http://www.naturbuersten-versand.de/shop/naturbuersten_versand_shop_frameset.htm

Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 9 HB_bu_ws_309x574

Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 9 Awesome
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:34 am

Columbo wrote:The brush and towel methods seem to work in a very similar fashion, increasing circulation to the skin via friction. Seems one or other would do the job as they essentially do the same thing. I've plumped for brushing as I'm too lazy to wash extra towels.

I'm using a cactus bristle brush http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hydrea-Professional-Brush-Cactus-Bristles/dp/B003ZYI7HQ ...bear in mind my hair is about 1/4 inch long so this sort of brush better suited for my noggin. Gets my skin amazingly well flushed. But then...

There's Maliniak's method which is slightly different. Here the is focus on firmly planting the fingers in an area which results in much more muscle massage and virtually no friction on the skin itself.

This would seem a good adjunct to the towel or brush method; from what I can gather skin massage and muscle massage have slightly different physiological responses. It also helps loosen the scalp a lot more than the towel or brush method.

That's where I'm at...

...a Maliniak style massage first thing in the morning which really helps loosen the scalp and work the head and scalp muscles / a cactus bristle brush last thing at night which gets my scalp skin fully flushed.

Double whammy, from two slightly different angles.

As a side note, I've also been massaging my face muscles and brushing the skin on my face too. After just two weeks my skin has never looked so good. Scarily clear and the bags under my eyes have completely gone.

Good post, agreed. I think methods like hair pulling and circular motions do a lot for "loosening" the scalp, and this is also beneficial, as you say Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:37 am

hoppipolla wrote:lol I've been reading through this whole thread in it's entirety (probably taken me the best part of an hour) and I'm sitting here laughing Very Happy

It's just really funny hearing everyone talking seriously and then every so often ferox posts and sounds more and more like he's turning into a frickin' yeti with every passing post xD

Good on ya mate keep it up!! I might buy the exact same brush and also a body detox brush and just copy the success stories... I mean why not!! If it works, why play with it? Smile

EDIT -- All hail the mighty ferox brush! ^_^

http://www.naturbuersten-versand.de/shop/naturbuersten_versand_shop_frameset.htm

Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 9 HB_bu_ws_309x574

Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 9 Awesome

go for it! You have nothing to lose dude! Smile

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:09 am

ferox wrote:go for it! You have nothing to lose dude! Smile

Totally man Smile

I also thought I would share the link to the store to make it a little easier for people to buy that brush as it does seem like a good one. I have already bought one (just did a moment ago) and am awaiting the shipping costs. I can't imagine they'll be too high - the brush cost €10.40 so I can imagine the postage costing another €10 tops.

I don't mind my current methods (hair pulling, scalp massage and "scratching" until the scalp is red) but... I find it very tiring to do vigorously and apparently brushes and towels are better anyway. I will be experimenting with the towel method (I gather a cotton towel is ok, mine is a tad rough anyway), but I have long hair so a long handled brush seems more intelligent. A towel would make my hair messy and a short brush would get lost haha

But yeah, I eagerly await the postage info then I can get my German hair brush lol (never thought I'd say that!! Very Happy )

EDIT -- Oh and for some reason that link doesn't work to the shop page. Must be something to do with the way their shop works. If you (talking to everyone Smile ) simply search for "Wildschweinborste" via the "Finde..." link, it will come up a little down the results. And yes I navigated the entire site, checkout process and emails in German lol

Thank you Google Translate!

Last edited by hoppipolla on Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:11 am

Come on! German cars are good, so why not giving the german brushes a chance? Very Happy

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:15 am

ferox wrote:Come on! German cars are good, so why not giving the german brushes a chance? Very Happy

hehe very true!

So what led you to purchasing that specific brush?

I know that probably all boar bristle brushes will work as long as they're 100%, but I figure why not go for the one that's essentially now proven to have success? Smile

Thing is, as long as the technique I adopt isn't actually tiring or a chore (brushing sounds much easier going than the finger scrubbing I do) then I could sit at my pc doing it for hours lol
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:49 am

hoppipolla wrote:

hehe very true!

I know that probably all boar bristle brushes will work as long as they're 100%, but I figure why not go for the one that's essentially now proven to have success? Smile

Thing is, as long as the technique I adopt isn't actually tiring or a chore (brushing sounds much easier going than the finger scrubbing I do) then I could sit at my pc doing it for hours lol

I purchased it because of the very good amazon-reviews! almost every review was 5-stars!

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:25 am

ferox wrote:
hoppipolla wrote:

hehe very true!

I purchased it because of the very good amazon-reviews! almost every review was 5-stars!

Good call!

I take it you don't live in Germany though? o.O
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:26 am

Yes I live in germany

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:33 am

ferox wrote:Yes I live in germany

ah ok!

You speak very natural English! That's cool Smile

And yeah hopefully postage won't be too high. It was actually way cheaper on their own online store than via the German Amazon site (which also probably would charge more for postage).

I can't wait to get it!

EDIT -- HOWEVER... is it as good as the Verticoli? Shocked

Oh and also, what bristle firmness/strength do you think is best? I had a quick browse for brushes and I noticed some were "hard", "medium", etc. What is this German brush? Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 9 Empty Bernarr McFadden Parachute Jump Aged 84

Post  hellwig Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:09 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iinOLdovA4

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:45 am

hellwig wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iinOLdovA4

As much as I appreciate systemic health improvement, I think I'm going to focus more on that once my hair is back in line! I don't have much patience left and my hair is like a ticking time bomb >.<
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  ocelot911 Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:07 pm

my mum had a mason pearson london pure bristle boar brush score

ocelot911

Back to top Go down

Post  zeroes Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:11 pm

Paradox wrote:I don't think this is working through increased blood flow but through irritation (wounding). I think it has something to do with stem cells.

This is a good point, because doesn't hair miniaturize to the point it can't penetrate the scalp? Maybe with the skin getting wounded the smaller hair can penetrate the scalp since it's not as thick. If that is the case doesn't that mean the hair is going to miniaturize again once the hair has fallen out requiring even more wounding?

I love to see before and after for anyone that has had success.

zeroes

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:07 pm

zeroes wrote:
Paradox wrote:I don't think this is working through increased blood flow but through irritation (wounding). I think it has something to do with stem cells.

This is a good point, because doesn't hair miniaturize to the point it can't penetrate the scalp? Maybe with the skin getting wounded the smaller hair can penetrate the scalp since it's not as thick. If that is the case doesn't that mean the hair is going to miniaturize again once the hair has fallen out requiring even more wounding?

Whatever the mechanism, this is a life long commitment. I doubt you could do this for a few months and then stop and still maintain.

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:01 am

hellwig wrote:
zeroes wrote:

Whatever the mechanism, this is a life long commitment. I doubt you could do this for a few months and then stop and still maintain.

Agreed. HOWEVER I do think the true cause of MPB is health-based. So you could do this just to save your hair, and then save your health with something like a Ray Peat diet, then once that's done, drop the topical treatments (inc. manual methods). That's what I intend to do in the long run hopefully! ^_^
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:50 am

I dont think it's possible to eliminate hairloss through health/diet alone. I just looked at a picture of Ray Peat and he is 40% bald and 90% grey. That sums it up right there.

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:00 am

hellwig wrote:I dont think it's possible to eliminate hairloss through health/diet alone. I just looked at a picture of Ray Peat and he is 40% bald and 90% grey. That sums it up right there.

Yeah but look at Markus:

Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 9 120

He's nearly 50 and his dad apparently had lots of hair loss!

IMO AGA is a completely health-based condition.

But erm, I have run into a puzzle!

The brush ferox uses is really designed for short-medium hair. My hair is very long and I will probably never have anything less than pretty long hair (unless it becomes very thin so I am forced to cut it).

So, instead of that brush, I am considering one of these brushes from the same company:

Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 9 40-050g_309x590

Google translated text:

Long hair brush

Regular brushing of your hair with a natural bristle brush gives your hair a natural shine and also helps prevent dry, brittle ends. The fine irregular surface, which distinguishes natural bristles, gently cleans your hair of dirt and dust environment. The bristles have the capacity to absorb the body's natural fat of the scalp and to distribute into the hair. Experts recommend this 100 brush strokes a day directly after getting up in the morning. To guide our hair brush, the longer the hair, the wider the brush and the stronger the depilated stocking. Depilated is, the bristles are stamped into various lengths. Similarly, the distance between the individual tufts stocking. This ensures a better penetration of the long straight hair down to the scalp. This long-hair brush is especially nice to brush your hair. The long, high-strength boar bristles are strong depilated. The elegant, curved wooden body is made of waxed pear tree.

Boar bristles first cut, total length 22 x 5.8 cm, 7 rows stocking

or

Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 9 Haarb.Olive_2_300x149

Fine hair brush olive wood

Regular brushing of your hair with a natural bristle brush gives your hair a natural shine and also helps prevent dry, brittle ends. The fine irregular surface, which distinguishes natural bristles, gently cleans your hair of dirt and dust environment. The bristles have the capacity to absorb the body's natural fat of the scalp and to distribute into the hair. Experts recommend this 100 brush strokes a day directly after getting up in the morning. To guide our hair brush, the longer the hair, the wider the brush and the stronger the depilated stocking. Depilated is, the bristles are stamped into various lengths. Similarly, the distance between the individual tufts stocking. This ensures a better penetration of the long straight hair down to the scalp. Our elegant, very beautiful carved hair brush is ideal for medium length to longer hair. The brush in a straight body shape is painted olive wood and is equipped with epilated, fixed boar bristle.

Total length of 21.5 x 6.2 cm, 11 rows stocking

Sorry, I'm being pedantic I know lol. I just didn't want to use the short hair brush, and find it was difficult or frustrating to try to get the probably shorter and more densely packed bristles to actually reach my scalp. I like the look of the olive one in some ways as I'm unsure about the curve of the normal long hair brush, but the olive one does look a bit soft.

Currently I am leaning towards the long hair brush, but I'd love some opinions on this Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Thin in FL Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:13 am

Any one have any luck finding this paticular brush in the States? Since it is a third party company Amazon Germany can't ship it to the States. I'm currently waiting to hear back from the company about shipping to the States, but I was curious if anyone has found it on another website that will ship it here...?

Thin in FL

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:32 am

There is a wide variety of boar bristle brush at Sally beauty supply. Every big town has one
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next