Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 8 EmptyToday at 11:16 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 8 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 8 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 8 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 8 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 8 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 8 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 8 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??)

+88
symbiotic
ngb
sizzlinghairs
Alan
marku
dudebro
Amaranthaceae
Longshanks
Duketronix
GreatDiscovery
hairisthickening
drex1999
Horatius
schpiloch123
zn
Hair101
Regrowth
LawOfThelema
Fibonacci
playmaker
hairloss hippie
mistyisland
Hali-L
isis
ghai018
Zaphod
FATE
young trunks
Lurx
Delphine
Aum
gg4545
crysanthium
elan164
virtua_
Thin in FL
ocelot911
longhairedredhead
JZ
shaggydog
taidan
zeroes
hammer2012
huli
angstman
theseeker86
Crusher
Balthier
Mawson06
j87x
imprisoned-radical
Paradox
duel_black
bobbers2011
zanza
jkj86
masterfree
dadon
whodathunkit
Yanks
gbp2000
ferox
tcpratt
AS54
Hoppipolla
sanderson
MilBA
RPM
bov51
jlj
Zeke
tooyoung
angusmojo
MikeGore
wildman
SlowMoe
calvicie
gutted
dreft
Gibson
Columbo
9rugrats5
EazyGo
CausticSymmetry
GoodThings
tudor
hellwig
NeonMonk
92 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 8 Empty Re: Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??)

Post  whodathunkit Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:31 pm

The shedding from toweling lessens over time. If you only do it a few times then yeah, you'll see a big shed and no progress. The bad and not the good. Personally, I only shed heavily from toweling in the first few days, then there was an appreciable decrease in daily shedding. But from what I understand it has taken others longer than that to see a shedding decrease.

Overall, I'd say my daily shedding has decreased by at least 60% since beginning toweling (~2 months ago). Not as many hairs in my brushes, in the drain catch, falling from the towel, etc.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 8 Empty Re: Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??)

Post  hellwig Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:11 am

I'm seeing yet more new hairs sprouting along my hairline and temples. I have a before picture so I'm hoping for a rather substantial after picture in a few months. I've also dropped all my supplements.

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:14 am

hellwig wrote:I'm seeing yet more new hairs sprouting along my hairline and temples. I have a before picture so I'm hoping for a rather substantial after picture in a few months. I've also dropped all my supplements.

GREAT!!! I am so happy for you! Brushing is really asskicking! I regrew my left temple!! Hellwig, keep us updated Smile

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:29 am

This is the type of brush I use - http://www.pureinsideout.com/detox-skin-brushing.html

I actually have 2 brushes and use them both at the same time.

You need to be looking for a 'body detox brush', which you would find in a large shop which sells cosmetic products, such as Boots in the UK.

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:56 am

I didn't wash my hair now for 7 days. the results so far: Zero dandruff, zero itchiness, zero oily scalp! My hair feels really great! It is more shining and more thick! No supplements! (I just started with ecklonia cava (nutricology) for the better bloodflow).

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:01 am

bh1546 wrote:Just started using this. It is a medium grade brush. I have only used it for the past 2 days and I had a a lot of dandruff come off. My scalp also has developed sore spots similar to using an anti fungal like seabuckthorn oil. Is this expected when you first start using it? I have started incorporating this into the "blood flow" aspect of my regimen. Thanks

The exact same thing happened to me. The dandruff has drastically reduced but the sore spots havent gone yet. I am about 9 days in.

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:19 am

I don't think this is working through increased blood flow but through irritation (wounding). I think it has something to do with stem cells.

I say that because other agents or drugs like minoxidil that increase circulation don't have these kind of pronounced effects.

However it's working is awesome though.

People keep talking about tingling. I don't experience any kind of tingling, but the scalp feels "invigorated" for sure.

How much do the UV lights cost?

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Mawson06 Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:00 am

I have yet to experience any sort of tingling sensation also. Particularly anything that lasts up to twenty minutes at a time. Am wondering if this means my scalp has lost a lot of sensitivity over the years.

Mawson06

Back to top Go down

Post  shaggydog Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:54 am

I've only been brushing with the boar bristle brush for a couple days now but I've noticed something interesting that i don't think has been mentioned. The entire galea area of my scalp feels sore, almost bruised, when I brush lightly or hard. If I brush the back or sides there is no pain at all. I should mentioned I'm about a nw 2.5 and starting to thin in the crown. My hair is also buzzed short and the same length all over. Also red blotches of appeared on my scalp in areas where there is an unevenness to my scalp. Can anyone explain why I feel this sore feeling only in the galea region and absolutely no where else?

shaggydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:23 pm

Can anyone explain why I feel this sore feeling only in the galea region and absolutely no where else?

Maybe you are brushing the top more than the sides? Most people do. There may be more nerves in the top of the head? The sides have less "meat".

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:30 pm

I'd guess because the bone is closer to the skin on top so it's more easily damaged. The technique may be working by eliminating toxins (including dht?) because that's what body brushing supposedly does. Women also claim body brushing removes cellulite. Is that from increased bloodflow, or something else?

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:47 pm

guys I don't feel ANY tingling sensation! I really don't know what that is but I am regrowing hair like crazy! Be careful WHERE you are brushing! I was brushing my hair and some parts of my forhead and I grew hair on my forehead below my hairline! I mean I am growing hair at spots where I never had hair before!

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:51 pm

This is the brush I'm using at the moment, well it's close to the one I'm using, my one has a lot more bristles.

http://www.cachebeauty.com/images/scalpmaster/scalpmaster_125_wire_bristle_brush.jpg

Just wondering if it's ok to use?

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:57 pm

ferox wrote:guys I don't feel ANY tingling sensation! I really don't know what that is but I am regrowing hair like crazy! Be careful WHERE you are brushing! I was brushing my hair and some parts of my forhead and I grew hair on my forehead below my hairline! I mean I am growing hair at spots where I never had hair before!

That is crazy!!! Thanks for the warning.

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  JZ Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:06 pm

What do you guys think about niacin flushes?

JZ

Back to top Go down

Post  NeonMonk Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:44 pm

Boys, I finally got my physical copy of "Growing New Hair!" delivered.

Just to let everyone know the PDF originally posted here has pretty much everything the physical copy does. The physical copy has things like a 'table of contents', 'acknowledgements', 'publisher's note', and an 'index' which are missing from the PDF, but other than that, it's exactly the same.

So to anyone, I wouldn't bother buying the book used unless you're into collecting that type of stuff. The PDF is exactly the same.

The PDF has 35 pages, whereas the physical book has 107. The reason is that the PDF holds 2-3 times more info on a single page than the physical book, that's all. So the formatting is just different, hence the discrepancy in the page numbering. But I can assure you all the information is the same (minus a few slight typo's in the PDF which doesn't detract from anything)!

The biggest fault of the PDF, in my opinion, is that on page 23 it calls it "Marco's Towel Method" as opposed to "Margo's Towel Method" (page 73 in the physical book). I'm assuming this was an OCR error or typo. Just think the technique deserves to be called by its proper name!

NeonMonk

Back to top Go down

Post  NeonMonk Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:34 pm

I see that many of you are looking at brushes. I personally will have the towel method as my primary method (as it's supposedly quite tested according to Margo's book), but I will also play around with other methods.

During my research I came across a book called "Hair Culture" by Bernarr Macfadden. This book was originally published a long long time ago --1922 or something like that! The book is still in print for anyone interested in that type of stuff.

Anyway, the reason I mention the book, is that Bernarr is an advocate of increasing blood flow to the scalp. In his book he talks about brushing, hair pulling, massages and violet ray to increase blood flow.

His brushing technique hasn't been mentioned (as far as I can see), so I thought I'd share it with you lot as it might be of interest.

He talks about getting two military brushes (one for each hand, he's not playing around!) and brushing VIGOROUSLY for a few minutes as a means of bringing blood and nutrient matter to the scalp.

So if anyone is looking for a brush method, consider two military brushes.

Just a caveat, he does go on to mention that you MUSTN'T use a wire brush as that would likely irritate your scalp and would be detrimental.

I think 100% boar bristle is the way to go, but of course, that's just my opinion. I'm in no way an authority on the subject.

NeonMonk

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:05 pm

I can vouch for the two brush method. It makes obvious sense

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:07 pm

http://www.bernarrmacfadden.com/macfadden6.html

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:06 pm

The brush and towel methods seem to work in a very similar fashion, increasing circulation to the skin via friction. Seems one or other would do the job as they essentially do the same thing. I've plumped for brushing as I'm too lazy to wash extra towels.

I'm using a cactus bristle brush http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hydrea-Professional-Brush-Cactus-Bristles/dp/B003ZYI7HQ ...bear in mind my hair is about 1/4 inch long so this sort of brush better suited for my noggin. Gets my skin amazingly well flushed. But then...

There's Maliniak's method which is slightly different. Here the is focus on firmly planting the fingers in an area which results in much more muscle massage and virtually no friction on the skin itself.

This would seem a good adjunct to the towel or brush method; from what I can gather skin massage and muscle massage have slightly different physiological responses. It also helps loosen the scalp a lot more than the towel or brush method.

That's where I'm at...

...a Maliniak style massage first thing in the morning which really helps loosen the scalp and work the head and scalp muscles / a cactus bristle brush last thing at night which gets my scalp skin fully flushed.

Double whammy, from two slightly different angles.

As a side note, I've also been massaging my face muscles and brushing the skin on my face too. After just two weeks my skin has never looked so good. Scarily clear and the bags under my eyes have completely gone.

Last edited by Columbo on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:18 pm; edited 4 times in total
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:07 pm

hellwig wrote:http://www.bernarrmacfadden.com/macfadden6.html

That's some pretty impressive hair he's sporting there, in his 70's!

Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:41 pm

Columbo wrote:
hellwig wrote:http://www.bernarrmacfadden.com/macfadden6.html

That's some pretty impressive hair he's sporting there, in his 70's!

He really looks like sean penn ^^

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:40 am

One thing that stands out with his theories is that he thought long hair was healthier. I think cutting hair short puts some kind of extra 'pressure' on the follicles.

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:48 am

hellwig wrote:One thing that stands out with his theories is that he thought long hair was healthier. I think cutting hair short puts some kind of extra 'pressure' on the follicles.

Well that works in my favour then because my hair is REALLY long still lol

I kinda don't wanna cut it because:

a) I'm embarassed that the barber/hairdresser will see hair piling out ._.

b) It will look thinner if it's shorter Sad

Oh, and additionally I love having long hair hehe, but this a little long even for me!
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:56 am

ferox wrote:guys I don't feel ANY tingling sensation! I really don't know what that is but I am regrowing hair like crazy! Be careful WHERE you are brushing! I was brushing my hair and some parts of my forhead and I grew hair on my forehead below my hairline! I mean I am growing hair at spots where I never had hair before!

lol that really made me laugh Smile

This idea of you sitting there with hair sprouting EVERYWHERE while holding a single small brush is kinda of comical Very Happy

So... what kind of brush do you use and how vigorously and how long every day? I'll keep reading this thread as it's all pretty cool!!

I don't get tingling either - just warmth. I'm glad tingling isn't essential as it doesn't matter how much I scratch/rub, I get no tingling that I can perceive really.

Sorry for being so behind.. I'm going to catch up on this thread in a moment!
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next