Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Difficulty Swallowing During Sleep
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 10 EmptyYesterday at 4:25 am by shaftless

» Is it possible that testosterone levels have to be kept within a strict range?
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 3:08 am by Jean-Guy

» I am trying the Growband
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 2:57 am by Jean-Guy

» Hydrocurc
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 2:48 am by Jean-Guy

» questions about HGH
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 1:24 am by Dudard

» The Vital Role of NAD+ and Niacin in Longevity and Well-being
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 10:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» solar eclipse on april 8
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 1:53 am by shaftless

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 4:15 pm by Atlas

» How to increase FGF9
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 3:17 am by Atlas

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??)

+88
symbiotic
ngb
sizzlinghairs
Alan
marku
dudebro
Amaranthaceae
Longshanks
Duketronix
GreatDiscovery
hairisthickening
drex1999
Horatius
schpiloch123
zn
Hair101
Regrowth
LawOfThelema
Fibonacci
playmaker
hairloss hippie
mistyisland
Hali-L
isis
ghai018
Zaphod
FATE
young trunks
Lurx
Delphine
Aum
gg4545
crysanthium
elan164
virtua_
Thin in FL
ocelot911
longhairedredhead
JZ
shaggydog
taidan
zeroes
hammer2012
huli
angstman
theseeker86
Crusher
Balthier
Mawson06
j87x
imprisoned-radical
Paradox
duel_black
bobbers2011
zanza
jkj86
masterfree
dadon
whodathunkit
Yanks
gbp2000
ferox
tcpratt
AS54
Hoppipolla
sanderson
MilBA
RPM
bov51
jlj
Zeke
tooyoung
angusmojo
MikeGore
wildman
SlowMoe
calvicie
gutted
dreft
Gibson
Columbo
9rugrats5
EazyGo
CausticSymmetry
GoodThings
tudor
hellwig
NeonMonk
92 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 10 Empty Re: Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??)

Post  shaggydog Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:51 am

not sure if this is a stupid question but what direction is everyone brushing their hair? is it more effective brushing from the hairline back beyond the crown or vice versa?

shaggydog

Back to top Go down

Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 10 Empty Re: Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??)

Post  virtua_ Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:58 am

Did anyone consider something like this instead of boar brush?

https://www.morroccomethod.com/en/shop?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=163&category_id=49

I know Karen of ScalpSkinWorks recommended not using a boar bristle brush as she said it might pull hair, yet I know other recommend pulling...

virtua_

Back to top Go down

Post  Thin in FL Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:04 am

Hoppipolla: I'm gonna go for the longer bristled brush as well. I too have semi-long hair (getting very thin though). I feel the goal here is to reach the scalp, and it seems shorter/denser bristles may get caught up in the hair more than gettting down to stimulating the scalp.

SlowMoe: Yea there is a Sally's down the street. I will check it out. It seems as if as long as the brush is a 100% firm boars bristle that it should be alright. Probably 6 and 1/2 dozen, but the site for the brush that Ferox recommended seems to be of excellent handcrafted quality, plus he seems to be having success with it, so if I can find a way to get one state-side, I'm gonna opt for that. Furthermore, the product reviews seem to be quite stellar. Given my impulsivity though, I'm sure I'll just grab one down the street and give it a go.

Thin in FL

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:48 am

Thin in FL wrote:Hoppipolla: I'm gonna go for the longer bristled brush as well. I too have semi-long hair (getting very thin though). I feel the goal here is to reach the scalp, and it seems shorter/denser bristles may get caught up in the hair more than gettting down to stimulating the scalp.

SlowMoe: Yea there is a Sally's down the street. I will check it out. It seems as if as long as the brush is a 100% firm boars bristle that it should be alright. Probably 6 and 1/2 dozen, but the site for the brush that Ferox recommended seems to be of excellent handcrafted quality, plus he seems to be having success with it, so if I can find a way to get one state-side, I'm gonna opt for that. Furthermore, the product reviews seem to be quite stellar. Given my impulsivity though, I'm sure I'll just grab one down the street and give it a go.

Yeah well said man with all that Smile

I think we're all well along the right lines though.

I think of course there may be differences in success between massage methods, towel methods, brush methods, etc, but by and large the goals are amazingly similar and my gut feeling is we're on to something very special here!

And regarding how fickle this forum can be (it was said a few pages back that IH went from megadosing iodine to Ray Peat to massages to boar bristle brushes).. I really think that one thing gets pushed to the side to make room for something perceived to be better in some way.

Megadosing iodine obviously doesn't work for everyone.

Ray Peat -style diets probably DO work for most people, but require a lot of persistance and the speed and degree of success depend on your health upon starting.

Massage techniques like Papilla Power are very good and would work for nearly everyone, but of course also require a lot of precision and instruction.

Brushing is amazingly easy and amazingly cheap and should work for pretty much everyone.

I think if we move on from THIS, it will be to something absolutely amazing which is superior even to the success people seem to be getting from boar bristle brushing Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:44 am

Guys, I can buy the brush for you and ship it to you. It's no problem for me Smile

You can pay me the money via paypal.

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  taidan Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:18 am

Anyone else besides ferox experiencing success with brushing?

taidan

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:36 am

taidan wrote:Anyone else besides ferox experiencing success with brushing?

I'm experiencing regrowth along my hairline and temples areas, although I actually have less overall hair density at the moment due to the shedding it also causes. I've been doing it under 2 weeks.

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  taidan Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:52 am

I appreciate your reply helwig.

So I assume you are still sticking with it in the long run? It is probably shedding unhealthy hairs and growing better ones in their place right?

taidan

Back to top Go down

Post  longhairedredhead Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:01 am

When I started doing scalp massages, I noticed a sudden shed of short (~1-3cm) hairs. I found them everywhere - my pillow was full of them every morning, in my keyboard, on my school books, on my clothes, etc etc. About a three weeks to a month or so later, I lost fewer short hairs every day and now it seems to have stabilised. I also noticed much faster hair growth from scalp massages, so I probably kick-started hair growth by doing scalp massages, just as brushing would to my understanding.

So I'd just give it some time and evaluate after a month or so.

longhairedredhead

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:12 am

taidan wrote:I appreciate your reply helwig.

So I assume you are still sticking with it in the long run? It is probably shedding unhealthy hairs and growing better ones in their place right?

I'm not worried because the new hairs are growing lower down my hairline and temples, and not simply replacing the shed ones.

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:33 am

guys don't worry! the brushingmethod is definitely working! You WILL grow hair if you want or not! Smile

Just do it at least for 6 months daily and you will see!

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  elan164 Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:04 am

After two, three days of doing towel rubbing and brushing, my scalp feels bruised in the thinning areas. The skin has greater sensitivity in the thinning areas and bald spots. Painful red blisters, almost like popped blood vessels have shown up. Spots where the hair is dont seem injured even though im giving those areas the same amount of intensity. I gave a real good towel rub session last night and noticed tiny red dots show up all over my scalp at the front, pen tip size dots.

Has this happened to anyone in the beginning? Going to continue as i have nothing to lose. I have noticed as my crown has thinned that when i wear safety glasses and rest them on top of my head when not in use, that it hurts my skull where the nose piece of the glasses is resting. I wonder how come the crown becomes so sensitive as hair thins and circulation is decreased, you think it would be the opposite, almost numb, like when your fingers get cold from lack of circulation.

elan164

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:48 am

ferox wrote:Guys, I can buy the brush for you and ship it to you. It's no problem for me Smile

You can pay me the money via paypal.

Thanks for that offer man Smile

I'm ok ofc as I'm also in Europe, but it might really help out the American peeps!

I think I will get the same brush as you, I'll give it a go and probably get a long hair brush as well at some point, so I can compare different brushes!

Ok... let's do this! ^_^
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  zeroes Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:50 am

ferox wrote:guys don't worry! the brushingmethod is definitely working! You WILL grow hair if you want or not! Smile

Just do it at least for 6 months daily and you will see!

Do you have pictures?

zeroes

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:53 am

zeroes wrote:Do you have pictures?

Yes! I will post them in 2 months! So you can see the big difference!

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  zeroes Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:02 am

ferox wrote:
zeroes wrote:Do you have pictures?

Yes! I will post them in 2 months! So you can see the big difference!

Excellent, how bad is your hair loss currently?

zeroes

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:05 am

I am NW1

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:10 am

Oh, ferox, I just bought this brush as well (for comparison, as it's only cheap):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Annie-Hard-Bristle-Wave-Brush-100-Boar-Bristle-2060-/140721717101

but I was wondering if you think this one would be better or worse:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Annie-Medium-Bristle-Wave-Brush-100-Boar-Bristle-2160-/140724978332

I know it's not like you're a pro on brushes but like.. I think you've become the forum brush messiah haha Smile

Cheers dude, they're so cheap that I thought I may as well buy one as well as the German brush, so I can have something to compare.
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:13 am

hoppipolla wrote:Oh, ferox, I just bought this brush as well (for comparison, as it's only cheap):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Annie-Hard-Bristle-Wave-Brush-100-Boar-Bristle-2060-/140721717101

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Annie-Medium-Bristle-Wave-Brush-100-Boar-Bristle-2160-/140724978332

I know it's not like you're a pro on brushes but like.. I think you've become the forum brush messiah haha Smile

Cheers dude, they're so cheap that I thought I may as well buy one as well as the German brush, so I can have something to compare.

The only thing what matters are the Boar bristles. They need to be from the first cut of the boar! In those auctions there is no information about the bristles and where they are from.

hmmm..... don't know if they are good, you can only try and error dude.

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:32 am

ferox wrote:
hoppipolla wrote:Oh, ferox, I just bought this brush as well (for comparison, as it's only cheap):

The only thing what matters are the Boar bristles. They need to be from the first cut of the boar! In those auctions there is no information about the bristles and where they are from.

hmmm..... don't know if they are good, you can only try and error dude.

the first cut? Shocked

I didn't know it was so technical lol

So are all the ones from that German company from the first cut?

I'll order the same one as you used in a moment (need to call my bank to organize the international transfer)
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Thin in FL Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:59 pm

Thoughts: I just started brushing harder with the regular 'ol brush I have (still gonna buy a boars hair too). Definetaly notice a good sensation in my scalp from the brushing... Perhaps the boars hair brush takes it a step further by 'microscopically scratching' the scalp and outter layer of the dermins. Ironically, it seems as if this could be considered irritation and/or inflammation... which would be no good... right?
BUT, perhaps it signals the cells that some sort of regeneration/healing is needed, thus pulling in more blood from the shrunken capillaries that are still left in the area. Perhaps this is a way in combating 'fibrosis' or the talked about calcification/hardening/tightening of the scalp.
I guess I've pondered rubbing sand paper on my temple, just to see if during the healing process that somehow the follicle would be healed/revived... I have also thought about this in relation to bruising... like if you caused bruising in a thinning area, would the resulting damaging and subsequent healing of the capillary somehow recconnect a pathway to the follicle?
It seems as if two or three ppl on here who have stuck with brushing with boars bristle are doing quite well...
Late night ramblings... time to go to bed..

Thin in FL

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:00 pm

Bruising is not a good idea. I have hairless patches on my leg caused by severe bruising.

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:01 pm

I am experimenting to see how much of a factor 'wounding' is in the brushing method. I've just rubbed along what would be my NW0 hairline with a course washing up sponge to the point where my forehead bled.

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:25 pm

Thin in FL wrote:Thoughts: I just started brushing harder with the regular 'ol brush I have (still gonna buy a boars hair too). Definetaly notice a good sensation in my scalp from the brushing... Perhaps the boars hair brush takes it a step further by 'microscopically scratching' the scalp and outter layer of the dermins. Ironically, it seems as if this could be considered irritation and/or inflammation... which would be no good... right?
BUT, perhaps it signals the cells that some sort of regeneration/healing is needed, thus pulling in more blood from the shrunken capillaries that are still left in the area. Perhaps this is a way in combating 'fibrosis' or the talked about calcification/hardening/tightening of the scalp.
I guess I've pondered rubbing sand paper on my temple, just to see if during the healing process that somehow the follicle would be healed/revived... I have also thought about this in relation to bruising... like if you caused bruising in a thinning area, would the resulting damaging and subsequent healing of the capillary somehow recconnect a pathway to the follicle?
It seems as if two or three ppl on here who have stuck with brushing with boars bristle are doing quite well...
Late night ramblings... time to go to bed..

Agree!

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:36 pm

hellwig wrote:I am experimenting to see how much of a factor 'wounding' is in the brushing method. I've just rubbed along what would be my NW0 hairline with a course washing up sponge to the point where my forehead bled.

Ok this thread is starting to get scary lol

Careful!!!!

I mean hell, if brushing works... why do more? lol

Although I do see the use of experimentation. I really want to make some sort of helmet designed for this purpose.. maybe with loads of automatically brushing bristles haha - that way you could just put it on, and not even have to expend the energy of MOVING YOUR ARM A BIT.. lol

Plus you could do it for longer without getting tired.

.. brushing that is.

... I'm gonna go now Very Happy
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next