Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 14 EmptyYesterday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 14 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 14 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 14 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 14 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 14 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 14 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 14 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 14 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??)

+88
symbiotic
ngb
sizzlinghairs
Alan
marku
dudebro
Amaranthaceae
Longshanks
Duketronix
GreatDiscovery
hairisthickening
drex1999
Horatius
schpiloch123
zn
Hair101
Regrowth
LawOfThelema
Fibonacci
playmaker
hairloss hippie
mistyisland
Hali-L
isis
ghai018
Zaphod
FATE
young trunks
Lurx
Delphine
Aum
gg4545
crysanthium
elan164
virtua_
Thin in FL
ocelot911
longhairedredhead
JZ
shaggydog
taidan
zeroes
hammer2012
huli
angstman
theseeker86
Crusher
Balthier
Mawson06
j87x
imprisoned-radical
Paradox
duel_black
bobbers2011
zanza
jkj86
masterfree
dadon
whodathunkit
Yanks
gbp2000
ferox
tcpratt
AS54
Hoppipolla
sanderson
MilBA
RPM
bov51
jlj
Zeke
tooyoung
angusmojo
MikeGore
wildman
SlowMoe
calvicie
gutted
dreft
Gibson
Columbo
9rugrats5
EazyGo
CausticSymmetry
GoodThings
tudor
hellwig
NeonMonk
92 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 14 Empty Re: Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??)

Post  ferox Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:46 pm

theseeker86 wrote:For those that are massaging their scalp, do you do it straight after brushing?

I noticed that since massaging straight after brushing my scalp feels a lot better.

I do that. After brushing I am using my gravity boots and hanging upside down for 10 minutes and while I am hanging I am doing the scalp massage. It is great, my hair got thicker and fuller!

ferox

Back to top Go down

Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 14 Empty Re: Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??)

Post  Mawson06 Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:17 pm

I would love to see a video demonstration of someone doing the towel method. I have still yet to experience the tingling sensation.

Mawson06

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:55 pm

Mawson06 wrote:I would love to see a video demonstration of someone doing the towel method. I have still yet to experience the tingling sensation.

I never get it when I massage or brush. It doesn't seem essential and seems like unnecessarily hard work to achieve!! I dunno if it's essential with the towel method or not o.O
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:04 pm

Mawson06 wrote:I would love to see a video demonstration of someone doing the towel method. I have still yet to experience the tingling sensation.

Mawson, I sometimes get the tingling sensation, sometimes not. For one, it might be more observable for those who have poor scalp circulation issues, I think. If you have adequate circulation, you might not experience it so much (just a hunch). That said, a long session of scalp massaging (~20 minutes) is more likely to give the tingle than an abbreviated one. hth.
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  NeonMonk Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:42 pm

I have still yet to experience the tingling sensation.

Mawson, not sure if this will help you, but when I'm doing the towel method, I do it with quite a bit of pressure. I rub back and forwards, or side to side over a small section. I say small section because the smaller the section, the more friction I seem to get.

So rub with pressure, over a small area, quickly and vigorously. Then move to another area. My arms get tired doing it!

I seem to get a tingle when I do it in that fashion and my scalp turns pink. Might work for you.

Last edited by NeonMonk on Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

NeonMonk

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:40 pm

Yesterday was my son's b'day and one of my gifts to him was a bamboo hairbrush.
http://www.amazon.com/Oval-Hair-Brush-Wood-Bristles/dp/B0007V6PFQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1335515812&sr=1-1
He has longish hair and he's very pleased with the brush. He was using it a lot this evening when we were watching a show together,
the first time I've seen him really getting into brushing. He said it felt good on his scalp. Yay! His hair's going to look so much better. Very Happy
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:59 pm

Delphine wrote:
Yesterday was my son's b'day and one of my gifts to him was a bamboo hairbrush.
http://www.amazon.com/Oval-Hair-Brush-Wood-Bristles/dp/B0007V6PFQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1335515812&sr=1-1
He has longish hair and he's very pleased with the brush. He was using it a lot this evening when we were watching a show together,
the first time I've seen him really getting into brushing. He said it felt good on his scalp. Yay! His hair's going to look so much better. Very Happy

That's awesome!

You know, I never used to brush mainly because I thought it was probably BAD for my hair... how wrong I was Shocked
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:17 am

Yes, it's great to see him going in this direction. His hair is looking better already.

A lot of people have the idea that brushing will damage the hair. Quite the opposite!
Even many 'hair gurus' advise against it. Sheesh! Rolling Eyes
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:28 am

Delphine wrote:
Yes, it's great to see him going in this direction. His hair is looking better already.

A lot of people have the idea that brushing will damage the hair. Quite the opposite!
Even many 'hair gurus' advise against it. Sheesh! Rolling Eyes

Yeah it's crazy O.O

Oh erm, how many times do you like to brush over each area? I find that 20 brushes with a medium firmness brush over one area makes it go pretty red and it starts to hurt. Sometimes I get a little carried away and do 30 lol

Sorry, I know we're getting into the REAL technicalities now, but hey I mean if something works, I think it's good to get the technique down pretty well because it will probably help a lot of people in future at least until better hair growth methods eventually come along!
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:55 am

With an intensive brushing session, I bend from the waist and go at it for 100 strokes, as I posted before. I've never experienced any pain from that. I'll even tug at my hair a bit while passing the brush through my hair, for more scalp stimulation. Maybe you need a gentler brush. Are you using a natural bristle brush? They are generally easy on scalp and hair. Or maybe you'd do well with the kind of brush I gave my son, with the bamboo bristles. They're firm but easy on the scalp.

Other than that, when I brush, it's mostly for grooming (and I do it a lot) rather than aimed at the scalp.
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  young trunks Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:00 pm

Delphine wrote:

With an intensive brushing session, I bend from the waist and go at it for 100 strokes, as I posted before. I've never experienced any pain from that. I'll even tug at my hair a bit while passing the brush through my hair, for more scalp stimulation. Maybe you need a gentler brush. Are you using a natural bristle brush? They are generally easy on scalp and hair. Or maybe you'd do well with the kind of brush I gave my son, with the bamboo bristles. They're firm but easy on the scalp.

Other than that, when I brush, it's mostly for grooming (and I do it a lot) rather than aimed at the scalp.

today was my first day doin the brush technique. My scalp has been stinging all day...and it hurts randomly..is this a good or bad thing? before I did the technique my scalp would itch alot.

young trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:25 pm

young trunks wrote:

today was my first day doin the brush technique. My scalp has been stinging all day...and it hurts randomly..is this a good or bad thing? before I did the technique my scalp would itch alot.

You might take a look at this. Brushing is specifically recommended:
http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-an-Itchy-Scalp

As you keep going, I think your scalp will become healthier and more able to take the brushing.
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:27 pm

I had always problems with an itchy scalp! it was really annoying and I was really sufferring from it.... it disappeared completeley after starting to brush my hair with my boar brush! This is so amazing....

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  Crusher Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:55 pm

ferox,

any new insights?
Is your hairline still regrowing?

Crusher

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:00 pm

Crusher wrote:ferox,

any new insights?
Is your hairline still regrowing?

Yes! Still regrowing! new hairs in the templesarea are popping out every week Smile

I made an interesting observation: Sometimes I brush really hard and my templearea starts to bleed a little (little wounding). After 2 days new hairs starts to grow around the little wounds! that's really cool Smile

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  Crusher Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:29 pm

Great!

Crusher

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:47 pm

YAY!

Let's hear it for brushing!

cheers
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:02 am

Delphine wrote:

I meant 20-30 brushes over one section of scalp though, like I'll aim over my right temple and brush 25 times or something by the end it's red and a bit sore. Usually I'll do it while watching Bill Maher or conspiracy theory vids on youtube!! lol ^_^
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:40 am

hoppipolla wrote:
I meant 20-30 brushes over one section of scalp though, like I'll aim over my right temple and brush 25 times or something by the end it's red and a bit sore. Usually I'll do it while watching Bill Maher or conspiracy theory vids on youtube!! lol ^_^

Well, follow your own intuitive guidance on this. I think hair care is a lot about that. Tuning in, developing a real relationship with your hair. I think alot of hair problems is about that lack of connectedness with the hair. I don't buy the conventional wisdom that hair is "dead." It is alive and responsive to TLC. Idea Very Happy

Brush on, and enjoy your conspiracy theory vids! Good ole David Icke! Cool
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:46 am

Delphine wrote:
hoppipolla wrote:

Well, follow your own intuitive guidance on this. I think hair care is a lot about that. Tuning in, developing a real relationship with your hair. I think alot of hair problems is about that lack of connectedness with the hair. I don't buy the conventional wisdom that hair is "dead." It is alive and responsive to TLC. Idea Very Happy

Brush on, and enjoy your conspiracy theory vids! Good ole David Icke! Cool

haha you know it!

Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 14 David-icke-2
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  young trunks Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:34 pm

Guys I need ur help!!! I shedding even faster after brushing!!! Is that good or bad? Should I try something else?

young trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:37 pm

Stick with it, shedding is normal.

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:41 pm

It is probably just the new hairs pushing the dead ones out of the follicle.
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:56 pm

young trunks wrote:Guys I need ur help!!! I shedding even faster after brushing!!! Is that good or bad? Should I try something else?

yes, accept it as a part of the process.

If you are in denial your hair condition, you want to keep low quality hair you are loosing anyway. It goes worse before it gets better. Be sure you feel a thingling feeling everytime you brush your hair, make it a rutine and time is your ally. Dont forget about other HL approches, they also work maybe even better for you. But blood circulation is huge part of a story. Combine all you know in daily basis and you might save some time longterm.

IMO.

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:10 pm

Beebrox wrote:
young trunks wrote:Guys I need ur help!!! I shedding even faster after brushing!!! Is that good or bad? Should I try something else?

yes, accept it as a part of the process.

If you are in denial your hair condition, you want to keep low quality hair you are loosing anyway. It goes worse before it gets better. Be sure you feel a thingling feeling everytime you brush your hair, make it a rutine and time is your ally. Dont forget about other HL approches, they also work maybe even better for you. But blood circulation is huge part of a story. Combine all you know in daily basis and you might save some time longterm.

IMO.

ferox said he never feels tingling though... I never get it either tbh. I don't know if my results would be better if I did o.O
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next