Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Papilla power users check in here EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Papilla power users check in here EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Papilla power users check in here EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Papilla power users check in here EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Papilla power users check in here EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Papilla power users check in here EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Papilla power users check in here EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Papilla power users check in here EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Papilla power users check in here EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Papilla power users check in here

+15
wildman
Duketronix
AS54
LawOfThelema
schpiloch123
teacup
steve215
zeroes
Longshanks
9rugrats5
Zaphod
despacio
bov51
whodathunkit
SlowMoe
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Papilla power users check in here Empty Papilla power users check in here

Post  SlowMoe Tue May 01, 2012 10:05 pm

The reason I made this thread is to find out if the guys using the pp method are having any success...a couple of things I've read lately have got me a little concerned and I guess I just need a little reassurance that people are getting results...

Thank you
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Papilla power users check in here Empty Re: Papilla power users check in here

Post  whodathunkit Tue May 01, 2012 10:36 pm

I'm doing pretty good. I'm happy with the way my hair is acting...more body, etc. Seems thicker. It's hard to tell if I'm regrowing, though, since my loss is diffuse and mainly in the vertex (not temples) so it's difficult to really see any regrowth.

In addition to Papi I'm also doing IH supplement regimen, addressing various endocrine issues, eating healthy, hairbrushing and the Maliniak method (massage + violet ray). I've been doing manual methods about the middle of January, supplements and diet since around July of last year. IMO it's all helping, but I think the manual methods have been most helpful in producing noticeable results in the texture and body of my hair in a very short period of time. I noticed that within a few weeks.

Papi himself says his method is a long-term thing (like, at least a year commitement). With the exception of duel_black and gbp2000 (who are both apparently having success) and maybe a couple of other guys, most of the activity and chatter surrounding Papillapower has been in the last few months. I would say most of us haven't been with these manual methods long enough yet to see real results.

I shed a lot for the first week or so doing Papi. Then it dropped off considerably from what it was before I started. Thankfully I haven't had another shed, but I'm mentally prepared if I do. It's happened to others (around the 4 month mark, which I'm fast approaching). From what I understand it's part of the process. I'm planning on sticking with it for at least the year.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  bov51 Wed May 02, 2012 1:22 am

Im on my 3 months mark and I'm shedding like crazy every single time I do the manual method, I would shed a crap load of hair that is only half an inch long. I went from a 1.5 nw to a 2. Sad Part of my area near the temple area are like 2 inch long compare to the rest of my hair which are longer, I still have no clue how that happen...I did grew bunch of vellus hair thou, but Im just going to stick to the brushing method instead, I think it cause better blood flow and less damaging to your healthy hair.

bov51

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Wed May 02, 2012 3:01 am

boog, I remember Papi saying once that back when he was in the process of regrowth, he had a devil of a time explaining to the woman who cut his hair why the hair all over his head was different lengths. He said it was pretty bad until about two years of doing the method had passed, when he achieved (from what he says) complete regrowth and the follicle regneration process was complete.

So I think the uneven hair growth part is of the process, too. It makes sense to me, b/c our follicles don't degenerate all at once (that is, we don't lose all our hair at the same time, it falls out over time), so it stands to reason that follicles wouldn't regenerate all at once, either (therefore, hair wouldn't all grow back at the same rate).

I'm not saying don't brush (I think all the manual methods have merit), just letting you know that perhaps your travails are not necessarily a bad thing in this process, as others who have had success have experienced what you're going through.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  bov51 Wed May 02, 2012 3:39 am

How bad is your hair loss? Everytime I do the pp method my har would really frizzy and have a load of volume, it looks great thou.. People thought I was growing new hair already because of the volume lol!

isis post kind of scared me.......

bov51

Back to top Go down

Post  despacio Wed May 02, 2012 8:46 am

I have shed major for the entire 7 months since I was let in on PP's trial. I've had a few times when I was gonna give it up because the only results was more hair loss, which can be devastating. This is a new way of doing things for the rest of your life like brushing and flossing. Hair cycles up to 2 years, which I am taking as I could possible continue shedding for at least that long. Pp has said in other forums it took him almost 4 years. This is obviously not something that is instant. 7 months out of 36 to 48 is still very much in the early stages. I am gonna give it 2 years which is the minimum for seeing good results and believe that my commitment will be rewarded.

despacio

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Wed May 02, 2012 8:54 am

despacio wrote:I have shed major for the entire 7 months since I was let in on PP's trial. I've had a few times when I was gonna give it up because the only results was more hair loss, which can be devastating. This is a new way of doing things for the rest of your life like brushing and flossing. Hair cycles up to 2 years, which I am taking as I could possible continue shedding for at least that long. Pp has said in other forums it took him almost 4 years. This is obviously not something that is instant. 7 months out of 36 to 48 is still very much in the early stages. I am gonna give it 2 years which is the minimum for seeing good results and believe that my commitment will be rewarded.

I believe am on the same train to hairland. Hope to see results sooner, although some vellus hairs are already showing up after 2 monts. Welcome fellas... If i count it all, i've lost more than i gained. I think it's important to keep other regimens as a part of the process cause blood flow is only one part of the story.

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  despacio Wed May 02, 2012 10:20 am

I like your signature Beebrox. Saunas are the best, i take one once a week.stopped the supplements, really cleaned up my diet, been following danny roddy since the healthy hair diet days. I just wish I had access to as much info Available today 10 years ago. Much easier to keep what you have then regrow lost. Hopefully the manual methods will fill that gap. Cutting out the alcohol in those who are prone to hair loss is key in my opinion. I drank like a tank for years before realizing it probably contributed to loss.

despacio

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 Wed May 02, 2012 5:41 pm

Problems I see with the towel method. Apart from the shed, that is.

* Since it is vigorous, it has the potential to damage and break hair shafts that are already thinned and weakened. Largely a cosmetic concern, though, but in addition to shedding.

* It can either dry out that part of the scalp, or cause excess sebum production as a response. The idea of stripping away natural sebum from the scalp is not an appealing idea to me.

I don't see what the towel method accomplishes that different massage techniques and brushing/combing cannot. I'm not against towelling at all, and do consider it beneficial, but I don't see how it can be done effectively on a half decent crop of hair. On a quarter inch length hair, yes.

But if you have any hair that is any longer than an inch, trying vigorous towelling is going to cause breakage and strip hair of all natural sebum and lubrication. I'd suggest that post-towelling lost sebum on scalp and shafts be replenished with some kind of oil and topical.
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Thu May 17, 2012 8:56 am

Bump
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Papilla power users check in here Empty Ehhh

Post  Longshanks Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:12 pm

I am seriously starting to doubt this method, all i notice is an increase in hair fall (shed) been doing it only a week and a half but am hoping things will improve. LIKE I have said in another post my mother claims that this is why my father lost all his hair because he would rub a towel vigoursly on his head when he got out of the shower to straighten his hair, I did too as a teenager until i found straightening products. Someone suggested I do this when my hair is dry but keep forgetting too, I will for now on. So far my best days are when I go to the beach suggested by Mastery and dunk and get a lot of sun, I have no hair loss at all until I do the PP method the next day. Though PP says this will take time, any way u look at it I'm losing more hair per day then when I started. Hope somebody seems some good proof/regrowth soon. Not trying to discourage anybody as I will continue this method as well as the Manliak massages.

Longshanks

Back to top Go down

Post  zeroes Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:06 pm

You are going to shed with this method because it is going to rip out hair. You will have to put a lot of trust in the method and accept a massive shed and hope all the hair comes back + more.

I only do the towel method on my temples which only has the odd hair strained by themselves.

zeroes

Back to top Go down

Post  steve215 Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:17 pm

Longshanks wrote:I am seriously starting to doubt this method, all i notice is an increase in hair fall (shed) been doing it only a week and a half but am hoping things will improve. LIKE I have said in another post my mother claims that this is why my father lost all his hair because he would rub a towel vigoursly on his head when he got out of the shower to straighten his hair, I did too as a teenager until i found straightening products. Someone suggested I do this when my hair is dry but keep forgetting too, I will for now on. So far my best days are when I go to the beach suggested by Mastery and dunk and get a lot of sun, I have no hair loss at all until I do the PP method the next day. Though PP says this will take time, any way u look at it I'm losing more hair per day then when I started. Hope somebody seems some good proof/regrowth soon. Not trying to discourage anybody as I will continue this method as well as the Manliak massages.

I'm worried too that it may cause traction alopecia...

Any updates though?

steve215

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:03 am

I finally quit doing Papi because it tangled my hair and caused breakage. I haven't missed it; I brush, massage, use violet ray, and scritch.

I think a few others quit doing it for tangling reasons, as well. Not sure about "traction alopecia", though.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  steve215 Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:08 am

whodathunkit wrote:I finally quit doing Papi because it tangled my hair and caused breakage. I haven't missed it; I brush, massage, use violet ray, and scritch.

I think a few others quit doing it for tangling reasons, as well. Not sure about "traction alopecia", though.

So you just massage with your fingers when your hair is dry?

steve215

Back to top Go down

Post  bov51 Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:58 am

whodathunkit wrote:I finally quit doing Papi because it tangled my hair and caused breakage. I haven't missed it; I brush, massage, use violet ray, and scritch.

Hows your hair doing, seeing any regrowth? I think you started the same time I did

I only brush and massage now, iono if Im imagining things but Im seeing a lot of vellus hair growing now.

bov51

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:30 am

It didnt work for me. I saw lots of shed at first that slowed down. But the thinning continues. But, it doesnt feel good to rub your hair like crazy after you're done.
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  schpiloch123 Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:47 am

Teacup how long did you use the method for? Or are you still using it?

schpiloch123

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:59 am

4 months
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:02 pm

more and more results trickling in that this method does none other than increase shed and rip out hair! drop it! ripping your hair out cosmetically impacts your hair negatively!

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:02 pm

I'm still confused why everyone's going to all the trouble to use these methods to stimulate blood flow when it seems a dermaroller would do the job pretty efficiently, in less time, and could be combined with topicals and enhance their effectiveness.

If I had to guess, I'd say its because everyone keeps finding new ways to do the same exact thing because ultimately it isn't really working for anyone.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  schpiloch123 Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:05 pm

It's working for me, I'm on it 4 months. I think it all depends on how bad your hairloss is to begin with.

Just ask yourself why people are plugging this method if its not to help others?

schpiloch123

Back to top Go down

Post  bov51 Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:21 pm

the reason why I stop doing papi method was because it causes a lot of hair breakage...Brushing is much better and it doesn't cause your hair to break.

bov51

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:24 pm

I often wish i could pay a massage therapist to give me a daily scalp massage right before bed time.
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:41 am

Brushing and massage continue to give me slow but steady results. I have stopped wearing a hat which I ALWAYS wore before unless my hair was having a rare good day. MY hair seems to be regrowing in to even better than it was when I was on Pharma drugs a few years ago. I've also recently added lasers to the mix to hopefully speed things up.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next