Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??)

+88
symbiotic
ngb
sizzlinghairs
Alan
marku
dudebro
Amaranthaceae
Longshanks
Duketronix
GreatDiscovery
hairisthickening
drex1999
Horatius
schpiloch123
zn
Hair101
Regrowth
LawOfThelema
Fibonacci
playmaker
hairloss hippie
mistyisland
Hali-L
isis
ghai018
Zaphod
FATE
young trunks
Lurx
Delphine
Aum
gg4545
crysanthium
elan164
virtua_
Thin in FL
ocelot911
longhairedredhead
JZ
shaggydog
taidan
zeroes
hammer2012
huli
angstman
theseeker86
Crusher
Balthier
Mawson06
j87x
imprisoned-radical
Paradox
duel_black
bobbers2011
zanza
jkj86
masterfree
dadon
whodathunkit
Yanks
gbp2000
ferox
tcpratt
AS54
Hoppipolla
sanderson
MilBA
RPM
bov51
jlj
Zeke
tooyoung
angusmojo
MikeGore
wildman
SlowMoe
calvicie
gutted
dreft
Gibson
Columbo
9rugrats5
EazyGo
CausticSymmetry
GoodThings
tudor
hellwig
NeonMonk
92 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 6 Empty Re: Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??)

Post  ferox Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:54 am

Crusher wrote:But earnestly, what do you think let the bald spot sprout in new hairs if only brushing your hair (and not the scalp)?

I am not "only" brushing my hair... I am pressing the brush against my scalp and brush my scalp with a moderate pressure. Otherwise it wouldn't cause skinirritation...

By the way, I was reading the story of the brushinglady and at the end she mentioned something interesting:

wrote:
3) The men seem to be losing their hair at a younger age than usual, maybe due to the very short hair fashion in recent years. No brushing is required.
4) My father always uses a brush. Though it is thinning and receding now, he had a good head of hair until well on in life. When he brushed, he brushed from the part across the top, then from the crown down the back. In doing this, he neglected the crown area. That is where he started balding.
5) I was told that one of my husband’s grandfathers was almost completely bald. In the last years of his life, he couldn’t get around well. He would sit and brush his head to pass the time. By the time he passed away, he had a full head of hair.

ferox

Back to top Go down

Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 6 Empty Re: Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??)

Post  hellwig Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:09 am

http://recedinghairline.blogspot.co.uk

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:29 am

http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/archive/index.php/t-65622.html

I wonder how many of us have low blood pressure?

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:46 am

Great link! See what that guy wrote!!!!

1. I use this one, it's cushioned with stiff bristles.
2. My hair is only 1.5" at it's longest, so it's more about the scalp than hair.
3. No, I use very firm strokes.
4. I generally brush twice a day.
5. At first my scalp was very tender even with slight pressure, but over time as my scalp adjusted and the hair got thicker I increased the pressure. Basically I get to the point where it's uncomfortable, i.e. slightly sore feeling.
6. There wasn't really much left to lose
7. After about two months I noticed lots more little hairs growing, at six months there was a minor visible improvement in 'hair transparency'. At 9 months it was clear that the hair was getting thicker - especially on the right side. Now at a year and friends have asked me if I've been taking stuff.
8. No, just the brushing.

Obviously every one is different, but I have now read some more positive reports on brushing and would definitely suggest it to others. The biggest problem was being disciplined to do it daily and being patient for a few months until you get the positive feedback of hair regrowth. Then you will find it hard to stop brushing

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:52 am

Are you brushing in any particular directions?

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:05 am

hellwig wrote:Are you brushing in any particular directions?

No, only from the hairline to the back. I start with my left temple and brush the area for at least 3 minutes. Then I move to the middlepart of my scalp and brush again at least 3 minutes and the same with the right temple.

The most important thing is to watch your scalpcolor! It has to become red! If your scalp is not becoming red, then you have to press the brush harder against your scalp!

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  MilBA Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:34 am

I'll give this method a shot, and report back in 4 months. I feel like I have nothing to lose, cost = $0 and time is minimal. I'm encouraged by some of the positive feedback from people on the forum, but I see a pattern here. People get really excited over one method and then enthusiasm seems to eventually die out. At one point it was mega-dosing with Iodine, recently a Ray Peat style diet, and now using a towel/brush to stimulate hair growth. Love all the experimentation that goes on here, I think tinkering is the future to really finding something that works for many people.

Cheers

MilBA

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:31 am

here different grades of boar bristles like hard and soft cause I found a 100% boar conair brush and the bristles feel kind of soft at least compared to the reinforced one?

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:40 am

I'm aboard. Got the brush today. i have been solely using cinnamon bark oil topically for the last couple weeks and jojoba, but the cinnamon oil is the notable one. The stuff burns like hell and can briefly turn your head red. What's great is while many essential oils are estrogenic, cinnamon oil is not. i imagine its regrowth qualities (as some state it has) are due to the irritation/blood flow it induces. Way too early to report anything, but it seems like I haven't had a bad hair day since I have been exclusively using it. The boar brush seems like a good adjunct treatment to this.

All said, I really like this direction... I have been focused on circulatory health in general lately and have been feeling a difference in quality of life (EDTA).

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:59 pm

and have been feeling a difference in quality of life (EDTA).

Gibson, you feel better psychologically from edta? What dose, brand, etc?

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:05 pm

not psychological: cleared something in my lungs that I couldn't surmount since being affected by mold over a year ago. Also, seems like veins that normally buldge are more toned.

3 caps in the morning of The Arizona Natural brand EDTA.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:44 pm

Just wondering, how come it has to be a boar bristle brush?

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:29 pm

http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5817

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:13 pm

Guys, I really dont think it matters what brush or towel you use as long as you're making your scalp red from friction. I mean, how does your blood know the difference between a boar brush and a plastic brush?

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  angstman Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:03 pm

Has using topical cayenne already been brought up regarding circulation?
angstman
angstman

http://www.eezeekial.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:30 pm

guys... stop using topicals... why don't you just try the brushingmethod for at least 6 months? It is by far the best method to increase the bloodflow! And it costs you ZERO money (except the costs for the brush)! Stop buying stuff... I bet that nobody here tried the brushing method for at least 6 months...

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  angstman Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:42 pm

Are you suggesting using the brush on the skin itself where hair is missing or using it through hair that is still there, or both?
angstman
angstman

http://www.eezeekial.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:46 pm

angstman wrote:Are you suggesting using the brush on the skin itself where hair is missing or using it through hair that is still there, or both?

Both!

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:22 am

Another guy who experienced hair growth with brushing:

Hello again,

I've had another close look at my hair and those little fine hairs are popping up all over the place. It almost looks like my hair line is reforming.

I know it probably can't compare to some of the treatments out there, but i don't have much money and this seems to be having some good results. I'm still staying reasonably sceptical though.

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=54150&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:29 am

I've been using a brush for a little over a month and while I'm not expecting to see anything significant yet is it a good sign when i get one or two tiny bumps around my hair line? well about an inch down from my hairline?

I remember hearing from people that used rogaine with success that they would experience small pimple like bumps and then a few months later hair would fill in those spots.

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:08 pm

My hair is too short to pull so I've been pinching my scalp between the fingers of both hands to force it into lumps away from the skull and it has really made it loose. It moves with normal combing now and moves twice as much with standard massage. If you think a tight scalp contributes to hairloss then you should give it a go.

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:10 pm

theseeker86 wrote:I've been using a brush for a little over a month and while I'm not expecting to see anything significant yet is it a good sign when i get one or two tiny bumps around my hair line? well about an inch down from my hairline?

I remember hearing from people that used rogaine with success that they would experience small pimple like bumps and then a few months later hair would fill in those spots.

I'm getting a similar thing but I put it down to spots occuring from the friction

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:56 am

I think I prefer the towel method to the brushing method. For the past two days I just brushed with a very corse boar bristle brush and I don't think I achieved the same level of stimulation. This morning I used a towel and my scalp feels much more stimulated; in fact I used it on my neck as well and it is quite invigorating and, in addition to the increased blood flow, it dispelled some tension in the areas like a therapeutic massage.

The main downsides to the towel method (and this one could be viewed as a plus) is it is a workout for the arms and it can tangle hair.

Of course both methods don't have to be mutually exclusive, but I think I will be focusing more on the towel method moving forward.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:15 am

Gibson wrote:I think I prefer the towel method to the brushing method. For the past two days I just brushed with a very corse boar bristle brush and I don't think I achieved the same level of stimulation. This morning I used a towel and my scalp feels much more stimulated; in fact I used it on my neck as well and it is quite invigorating and, in addition to the increased blood flow, it dispelled some tension in the areas like a therapeutic massage.

The main downsides to the towel method (and this one could be viewed as a plus) is it is a workout for the arms and it can tangle hair.

Of course both methods don't have to be mutually exclusive, but I think I will be focusing more on the towel method moving forward.

It really doesn't matter if you brush or use a towel. Both ways leads to the same goal: increased BLOODFLOW!

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:19 am

ferox wrote:
Gibson wrote:I think I prefer the towel method to the brushing method. For the past two days I just brushed with a very corse boar bristle brush and I don't think I achieved the same level of stimulation. This morning I used a towel and my scalp feels much more stimulated; in fact I used it on my neck as well and it is quite invigorating and, in addition to the increased blood flow, it dispelled some tension in the areas like a therapeutic massage.

It really doesn't matter if you brush or use a towel. Both ways leads to the same goal: increased BLOODFLOW!

Yeah, just pointing out that I could not achieve the same increase of blood flow with the brush.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next