Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 39 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 39 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 39 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 39 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 39 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 39 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 39 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 39 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 39 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

+78
Buster121
DynamoJohn
Incognitopad
gg4545
2young2retire
SonofOdin
Mickael
Abyad
Brabus
Smurfy
hairderp
Golden_Shower
nzbalda
Organism
calvicie
beharat
radiance
chubbfrank
RPM
alphadelta
NYJets
sanderson
Hali-L
playmaker
Joey Ramone
rob PHH
Hairy
Pumbaa
dudebro
ElmoSuper8
vg
fghjfghj
rayl
sdguy
proscar3
ANewHope
Younganddetermined
JDawg
schpiloch123
NDW
Keanoseg
Slimnuts
Joakim
egghead
TNT
unfortunate
MrGalea
bov51
hairhat
Biffy
deleteme
stresssucks
CaptainGiggles
Dannyboy
rofl
sizzlinghairs
OpenBook
RAptor
Xenon
demgains77
Odysseus
drex1999
xyro
bananasinpajamas
Growdamnit
Duketronix
hairyshowers
Jay07
mvkishoresr
BelieveInIt
berti
mistermr
theseeker86
hiilikeyourbeard
Complexx
nicks
Hairy Potter
whodathunkit
82 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 39 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  Slimnuts Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:21 pm

Need subcutaneous fat to grow hair. Anyone having any luck regenerating it? Without it I think its gonna be hard to get more than sporadic terminals and a bunch of vellus.

Slimnuts

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 39 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  Keanoseg Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:20 pm

Slimnuts wrote:Need subcutaneous fat to grow hair. Anyone having any luck regenerating it? Without it I think its gonna be hard to get more than sporadic terminals and a bunch of vellus.

Soft tissue expansion therapies

The soft tissue expansion technique is a widely applied procedure that systematically overstretches the skin in a controlled mechanical manner to generate additional skin endogenously. It can be performed in an invasive or noninvasive manner. An invasive form of this technique involves the surgical, subcutaneous insertion of an inflatable soft tissue expander, and gradual injection of saline solution into the expander in the following weeks. This causes the skin to become overstretched (Figure 3) and to generate new skin to accommodate the expander. The newly generated skin can then be used in plastic surgery to cover skin defects or reconstruct organs (e.g., ear and nose). At the biomechanical level, this technique exploits the viscoelastic properties of the skin, namely, tissue creep [68] (where a constant load extends the skin over time) and stress relaxation (where the force required to maintain a stretch at a fixed length decreases over time) [69]. Tissue creep is generated by mechanical creep, where the skin is incrementally stretched in an acute manner, followed by biological creep, where the persistent chronic stretching force generates new tissue partly by increasing mitotic activity and neovascularization [70]. At the molecular level, soft tissue expansion therapy involves strain-induced changes in growth factors [e.g., epidermal growth factor (EGF)], protein kinases (e.g., PKC), and second messengers (e.g., cAMP) [71].

A noninvasive form of soft tissue expansion therapy is the traction-assisted dermatogenesis technique. Here, serial intermittent strips of skin tape are applied to the normal skin around defects. The aim is to stretch this normal skin as much as possible so that the resulting lax skin can later be used to cover the defects. It causes 2D skin expansion that is suitable for combination with other techniques such as MDWT that enable the reconstruction of complex dermal wounds by promoting both mechanical and biological creep [72].

The noninvasive external volume expansion (EVE) devices also apply force to enhance cell and tissue engraftment and to directly augment tissue volume, mainly for breast augmentation (Figure 3). The typical BRAVA device consists of a rigid plastic dome connected to a negative pressure pump and it serves to pre-expand the breast recipient site for fat grafting. It is useful for fat grafting because it produces bigger parenchymal spaces, reduces interstitial hypertension, augments contour irregularities, avoids variables such as centrifugation during grafting, and stimulates angiogenesis [73]. When this external, low-level and sustained mechanical distraction of around 20 mmHg vacuum pressure is applied through a brassiere-like system for over 10 weeks, it results in a stable long-term increase in breast size of 55% on average [74]. Furthermore, use of an EVE device on mouse integument (by using a soft silicone dome connected to a vacuum source) revealed that continuous 25 mmHg suction for 28 days led to a 2-fold increase in subcutaneous fat layer thickness and a 2.2-fold increase in adipocyte number [75].

The answer you are looking for might be explained through Mechanotherapy not long from now.

Keanoseg

Back to top Go down

Post  Buster121 Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:57 pm

hiilikeyourbeard wrote:Those doing this, your heads should be shrinking. I repeat, if you're not transforming the shape of your entire head you're not doing this right. Just a little scalp loosening isn't going to do anything.

How do I achieve this then?

Buster121

Back to top Go down

Post  Keanoseg Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:30 pm

Buster121 wrote:
hiilikeyourbeard wrote:Those doing this, your heads should be shrinking. I repeat, if you're not transforming the shape of your entire head you're not doing this right. Just a little scalp loosening isn't going to do anything.

Well not head. But your scalp should get and feel more thin and loose. Changing the shape of the scalp you would change the shape of head but honestly it's not even that prominent.

Keanoseg

Back to top Go down

Post  Florain Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:24 pm

Keanoseg wrote:
Buster121 wrote:

Well not head. But your scalp should get and feel more thin and loose. Changing the shape of the scalp you would change the shape of head but honestly it's not even that prominent.

that really depends. on the person i mean. my head was/still is more like Tim Bradleys head ( just pic google him). I really had a friend tell me my head changed ("you lost weight on the head lol? " Very Happy:D) after just 1 week of hard DT. I jus t want to point out that in some cases you might actually change the shape of the head and it will be noticeable.

Florain

Back to top Go down

Post  hiilikeyourbeard Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:58 am

Florain wrote:
Keanoseg wrote:
Buster121 wrote:

that really depends. on the person i mean. my head was/still is more like Tim Bradleys head ( just pic google him). I really had a friend tell me my head changed ("you lost weight on the head lol? " Very Happy:D) after just 1 week of hard DT. I jus t want to point out that in some cases you might actually change the shape of the head and it will be noticeable.

Once again spot on. Oh yes, your head will take on a new shape, and it will be very prominent. Your head should be flattening out. The goal of this therapy is to flatten your head back down to it's original state. And the only way to do this is breaking down the tissue underneath. It's this swelling under the scalp that feels like bone, it's very hard until you loosen it and break it down and soften it up.
hiilikeyourbeard
hiilikeyourbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  hairderp Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:17 am

hiilikeyourbeard wrote:
Florain wrote:
Keanoseg wrote:
Buster121 wrote:

Once again spot on. Oh yes, your head will take on a new shape, and it will be very prominent. Your head should be flattening out. The goal of this therapy is to flatten your head back down to it's original state. And the only way to do this is breaking down the tissue underneath. It's this swelling under the scalp that feels like bone, it's very hard until you loosen it and break it down and soften it up.

That's exactly what i am starting to feel after 1.5month of DT. I am talking about galea, at first the skin felt really hard and unmovable and i thought that was because of the bone. Now i can move it (not that much, but it's something) and i can really feel that swelling under the skin you are talking about.

hairderp

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:48 pm

Quick question on this therapy, I've got a friend I workout with who is pretty adamant about remaining on finasteride, would doing this therapy help him even while on fin? I think I can convince him to drop the drug if he can see regrowth but, I don't know how quick I can regrow myself because I haven't been doing this long. Been stuck between S5cream and manuals...
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buster121 Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:20 pm

I have loads of tiny black hairs along the hairline, I doubt they are as a result of DT because i have only been doing it about a week. But since i have been doing DT it seems them tiny hairs have become more alive. I have uploaded a pic of them, what are they? and could I awaken them some how?

http://postimg.org/image/gif4e028j/

Buster121

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:55 pm

i have those , probably most people here do. they are hairs that have miniturized. by that i mean terminal hairs that around puberty have grown less big each cycle. if u look in around the actual hairline youll see hairs that have miniturized but havent reached the tiny size yet, in amongst the terminals.

they will keep growing to a smaller size each cycle, eventually they will be translucent. later on they will become so small they will not even pierce the skin. thats when ur skin goes waxy, and scar tissues forms.

if anyone knew how to make them grow bigger ,they would have solved mpb. the reality is its like looking for the holy grail. it just doesnt exist. but the temptation to look for it, draws us all in, thinking we could be the lucky one.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:35 pm

6 months and 10 days in. I continue to shed like crazy at my temples. Please tell me this is still normal during this time frame - I'm freaking out.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:40 pm

Some update from me...

i was on DT for only 5 min /day (for twice) for over of 4 months. Better skin quality and more flexible. That's all. No regrowth.
Then for 2 months i started DT for 20 min two times/day.

I was starting to shed a lot of hair especially at my temples. After a month, i was thinking that i have lost 50% of my hair.

So, i added some things after DT (i have no idea if they have help) and i started doing DT for only 10 min/ twice a day and some days only for five min.

My skin is very easy to pinch, very soft but i don't think that has change shape. At least not for now.

Anyway, the last month for me was very good and i have gain the lost ground. I don't have more hair than before DT but they looks darker and more healthy. My head looks fuller.

So maybe, if someone doesn't see results or he thinks that his doing more harm than good should change the applying time and maybe the pressure force.

That way he will give time at tissues to heal from mild inflammation that maybe had caused from DT

TNT

Back to top Go down

Post  hairderp Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:15 pm

What natural topical do you think would help to take alongside with DT??

hairderp

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:33 pm

I guess mostly anti inflammatory and first generation copper peptides.

So i use after DT this one

http://www.iherb.com/Greensations-ThermaScalp-Natural-Scalp-Repair-4-fl-oz-120-ml/25808#p=1&oos=1&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=thermascalp&rc=1&sr=null&ic=1

by adding Chapparal extract as CRTH2 antagonist plus extra Caffeine Anhydrous powder.

More on this here

http://www.haarweb.nl/forum/showthread.php?t=33524

I also use 2 times/week pumpkin seed oil with a few dros of evening primrose essential oil. Wash it off 2-3 hours later.

Every week, dermaroller 1.5mm, then right away DT for ten minutes and then i applying copper peptides serum. (i just added this one, two weeks ago, so it has nothing to do with my results)

TNT

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:48 am

guys i'm sure drex will post sooner or later, because this thing works and it's getting more and more obvious each week for me.

even if he doesn't post his pics don't worry i will...for people who missed it i already posted pictures a month ago in page 43. since then my regrowth has speed up and while i was on vacation in the last week i managed to spend half the time without a baseball cap on after wearing it outside every single day for the last five years.
new terminals are now at sufficient length to cosmetically support my existing hair which has improved in density sturdiness and thickness tenfold.
new vellus appeared down to where i didn't even remember to have had hair in my early teens. am convinced even those will turn terminal.

i promise i will post update pictures soon (1-2 months), just gathering some more regrowth to produce an even harder blow to all the sceptics to silence them once and for all and preventing them to further scaring away insecure newbies because of their own inabilities to perform it right or whatever the issue might be in their case.

if i get full regrowth i will launch a website providing detailed information, including videos and the dietary concerns i have for free. technique matters, it's been described over and over but still some guys don't seem to get it right.

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:21 am

BelieveInIt are you doing it entirely for 20 min twice a day or less?

TNT

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:51 am

TNT wrote:BelieveInIt are you doing it entirely for 20 min twice a day or less?
much less, whenever i have some time and feel like it during the day i make sure that every spot of my scalp gets lifted from the bone once.
but that's only if it is pretty loose already, when you still have spots where you can't feel the scalp lift from the bone you have to work the areas until you can. i recommend to do very long (2hours+) in the first days of detumescence or when you have problems with specific areas (likely the  top) of your scalp.

Last edited by BelieveInIt on Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:57 am; edited 1 time in total

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:55 am

BelieveInIt wrote:
TNT wrote:BelieveInIt are you doing it entirely for 20 min twice a day or less?
much less, whenever i have some time and feel like it during the day i make sure that every spot of my scalp gets lifted from the the scalp once.
but that's only if it is pretty loose already, when you still have spots where you can't feel the scalp lift from the bone you have to work the areas until you can. i recommend to do very long (2hours+) in the first days of detumescence or when you have problems with specific areas (likely the  top) of your scalp.

Thank you

TNT

Back to top Go down

Post  JDawg Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:39 pm

^insanity.

People with no hair look like their heads are bigger or more dome-like, or "tumescent" because you see more of their head. If a guy with a full head of hair shaved his head bald he'd look like he had a dome too.  See Matt Damon in "elysium" for an easy example.

JDawg

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:44 pm

From my personal experience, JDawg, I am changing the shape of my head. It most certainly is not noticeable to others, though. I had yet to have regrowth, but I am definitely 100% changing the thickness of my skin. If this is it, then I believe I am on the right path...I hope.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:44 pm

Growdamnit wrote:From my personal experience, JDawg, I am changing the shape of my head. It most certainly is not noticeable to others, though. I had yet to have regrowth, but I am definitely 100% changing the thickness of my skin. If this is it, then I believe I am on the right path...I hope.

it's true the skin (or what's under it) is getting thinner which produces subtle changes in head shape. i even managed to massage away a slight asymmetry in the top ridge and overall my scalp looks less "inflated" now after 9 months of DT. Subtle changes though.

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  hairyshowers Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:50 pm

BelieveInIt wrote:
Growdamnit wrote:From my personal experience, JDawg, I am changing the shape of my head. It most certainly is not noticeable to others, though. I had yet to have regrowth, but I am definitely 100% changing the thickness of my skin. If this is it, then I believe I am on the right path...I hope.
it's true the skin (or what's under it) is getting thinner which produces subtle changes in head shape. i even managed to massage away a slight asymmetry in the top ridge and overall my scalp looks less "inflated" now after 9 months of DT. Subtle changes though.

Yep and yep - call it insanity if you like, Jdawg, but its true. Ive managed to break down and flatten a big lump on my scalp ridge around the crown recently. It used to crunch when I applied pressure to it with my finger tips, so I kept working it down for months and now its gone completely. This is where my hair is at its worst too (unsuprisingly). We arent saying everyone with a dome head is neccessarily balding (like your example of matt damon), just alot of guys doing this massage have observed a reduction in skin thickness, resulting in a less swelled appearance (or feel at least). This ties in with the studies claims of a reduction in skin thickness, measured using a micrometer and durometer.
Growdamnit, it took me 6-7 months for my shedding to calm down and stabalise, give it some more time. Break that shit up mate, dont hold back.
9.5 months down, still no shedding and scalp still feeling great.

hairyshowers
hairyshowers

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:32 pm

'just gathering some more regrowth to produce an even harder blow to all the sceptics to silence them once and for all and preventing them to further scaring away insecure newbies because of their own inabilities to perform it right or whatever the issue might be in their case.'

skeptics are not your enemy. we want regrowth like everyone else. we are on your side. in the thousands of years humans have suffered from mpb, only a few things have been beneficial. can you really blame us for not wanting to try something without proof it works?

ok so some of you swear black and blue you are getting results. theres also several of you that say your much worse off. you shouldnt be trying to silence us. we should be working together.

rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:06 pm

rofl wrote:'just gathering some more regrowth to produce an even harder blow to all the sceptics to silence them once and for all and preventing them to further scaring away insecure newbies because of their own inabilities to perform it right or whatever the issue might be in their case.'

skeptics are not your enemy.  we want regrowth like everyone else.  we are on your side. in the thousands of years humans have suffered from mpb, only a few things have been beneficial.  can you really blame us for not wanting to try something without proof it works?

ok so some of you swear black and blue you are getting results.  theres also several of you that say your much worse off.  you shouldnt be trying to silence us.  we should be working together.

i really don't see you or other skeptics as enemies but the sad thing is page after page of doubtful comments from insecure guys makes this actually working technique less attractive to newbies, fills them with doubt which is something you really shouldn't have for starters when you're trying to commit to something requiring daily dedicated initially painful work and producing first visible results after as much as 3-6 months.

we'd all benefit from MORE people trying the technique with an optimistic attitude.

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:09 am

That Paul Taylor guy claims to have stopped his MPB byway of some "device" which, he says, reshaped his skull. I honestly don't know if I believe this. The ancient Mayans, according to historians, strapped some kind of boards to the head, as to deform the skull, so they would resemble the Gods. My personal opinion is, skull deformation would cause serious brain / nerve / capillary damage.

I don't trust anything / anyone on the Net who claims to have the cure, esp. when they're making money from it.

The bottom line is, genetics > hormones > inflammation is the cause of MPB. The only way of remedying the problem is by reducing DHT and inflammation; the only way of curing MPB is by turning off the baldness gene altogether.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next