Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Supposed Regrowth Protocol - Page 7 EmptyToday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Supposed Regrowth Protocol - Page 7 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Supposed Regrowth Protocol - Page 7 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Supposed Regrowth Protocol - Page 7 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Supposed Regrowth Protocol - Page 7 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Supposed Regrowth Protocol - Page 7 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Supposed Regrowth Protocol - Page 7 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Supposed Regrowth Protocol - Page 7 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Supposed Regrowth Protocol - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Supposed Regrowth Protocol

+36
TNT
whodathunkit
The Hulk
WontGiveIn
Ubiyca
johnt
Hairy Potter
nicks
lookalike
ScourgeV
RAptor
The Liberator
SonofOdin
bov51
Jay07
hiilikeyourbeard
CausticSymmetry
Live forever
Duketronix
DeadlyDevice
JamesDean
egodust
Biffy
mistermr
Manoko
Smurfy
NYJets
chubbfrank
Zaphod
yup
AS54
Complexx
stresssucks
rofl
sanderson
40 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Supposed Regrowth Protocol - Page 7 Empty Re: Supposed Regrowth Protocol

Post  SonofOdin Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:52 am

I suggest just using whatever Iodine you've got to save money. If the dose is small just take more of it. Here is what I used: http://www.amazon.com/Lugols-Iodine-Solution-oz-Twin/dp/B001RRH814/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1403728772&sr=8-1&keywords=lugols+iodine

My crown has stayed intact oddly enough so I didn't have anything to regrow there, and my eyebrows have always been full, though they do thin out a little on the far outer edge. I am regrowing the central island, but its not noticeable enough yet where I can post pictures and convince all skeptics without a shadow of a doubt that I have experienced regrowth so I'm still waiting on that.

With Iodine I worked up to 100mg increasing my dosage by 1 extra drop a day. You may want to research for yourself how to build up as there may be more effective ways. Make sure you use selenium each time you use iodine too.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:06 am

SonofOdin wrote:I suggest just using whatever Iodine you've got to save money. If the dose is small just take more of it. Here is what I used: http://www.amazon.com/Lugols-Iodine-Solution-oz-Twin/dp/B001RRH814/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1403728772&sr=8-1&keywords=lugols+iodine

My crown has stayed intact oddly enough so I didn't have anything to regrow there, and my eyebrows have always been full, though they do thin out a little on the far outer edge. I am regrowing the central island, but its not noticeable enough yet where I can post pictures and convince all skeptics without a shadow of a doubt that I have experienced regrowth so I'm still waiting on that.

With Iodine I worked up to 100mg increasing my dosage by 1 extra drop a day. You may want to research for yourself how to build up as there may be more effective ways. Make sure you use selenium each time you use iodine too.

Hi, I dont know much about iodine other than daily recommended doses seem to be quite small; is it safe to take 100 mg? Also do you take the Spironolactone?

And what brand of Magnesium citrate do you take? The one I have is awful, not to get graphic but lets just say - toiletry side effects. Embarassed 

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:16 am

I highly recommend doing your own research, what is safe for one person may not be safe for another. I think 100mg is safe if you work up to it, but I stopped the high doses eventually, and went into maintenance once my bodies minerals and such were built up.

I don't take Spiro, my topicals are: Emu Oil, Nizoral, ACV, and Monistat. I've considered spiro though, but I'm so paranoid over gyno lol.

I take the Now Brand of Magnesium... I started with 2,000 mg as listed but ended up getting...toiletry side effects, I eventually lowered to 1,000mg. Nowadays I take 500mg, and if I go to 1,000 like I used to I get shortness of breath... which I think is due to having too much, my body must already have enough magnesium, not quite sure on this. Anyway I kept on 1,000mg for about 30-35 days, but you've really got to listen to your body and see what you can tolerate. If you can't tolerate much Citrate at all, add in another form. It's Citrate that causes the laxative effect.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:23 am

Oh thanks, very helpful. What is monistat?

So its totally worth doing this regimen? I mean do you think it just slows hair loss down or is it more than that? I suppose it is really if you're getting regrowth. Very Happy 

Cheers

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:48 am

Well... it may sound real ridiculous, and I highly recommend ordering this if you do choose to use it but, Monistat is a woman's yeast infection cream >.> <.< But uhm... you gotta do what you gotta do lmao

Use a very small amount, just a light film on your balding areas. The reason it is valuable is because of the ingredient Miconazole, an anti fungal, and it seems less harsh than Nizoral too. So, I apply Emu+Nizoral one night, and next night Emu+Monistat

Only you can decide for yourself if its worth it but for me, it totally is. I'm very fair skinned, and have boyish features that could never pull off the bald look. If balding isn't important enough for you, I don't think you'll comply with the protocol for long. I do believe it regrows hair, and it may be even more powerful for those with less severe mpb.

Again, I went from NW 1.5 to NW3.5 in less than a year. My dad, once his mpb kicked in, also lost his hair very quickly, and at an even younger age(17). It'd be interesting to see some people with less severe mpb try this out. Make sure to do your research and get the supplement timing correctly, too.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  Biffy Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:40 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:Taking a load of 100 to 150 mg per day will eventually suppress the immune system and undermine aromatase....It works in the short term (would not suggest taking these mega doses for too long).

What would be considered short term? I take 25 mg per day, mybe to get to sufficient levels quicker I would do high doses short term.

Biffy

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:44 am

SonofOdin wrote:Well... it may sound real ridiculous, and I highly recommend ordering this if you do choose to use it but, Monistat is a woman's yeast infection cream >.> <.< But uhm... you gotta do what you gotta do lmao

Use a very small amount, just a light film on your balding areas. The reason it is valuable is because of the ingredient Miconazole, an anti fungal, and it seems less harsh than Nizoral too. So, I apply Emu+Nizoral one night, and next night Emu+Monistat

Only you can decide for yourself if its worth it but for me, it totally is. I'm very fair skinned, and have boyish features that could never pull off the bald look. If balding isn't important enough for you, I don't think you'll comply with the protocol for long. I do believe it regrows hair, and it may be even more powerful for those with less severe mpb.

Again, I went from NW 1.5 to NW3.5 in less than a year. My dad, once his mpb kicked in, also lost his hair very quickly, and at an even younger age(17). It'd be interesting to see some people with less severe mpb try this out. Make sure to do your research and get the supplement timing correctly, too.

Hi SonofOdin, what Vitamin E do you take and what dosage? Because I thin it said 400mg, but I can only find 40IU to 400IU
Thanks

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:26 pm

The 400mg must have been a typo the correct dosage is 400iu and I use the Kirkland Signature 500 caps bottle. I basically went with whatever was cheapest because I'm definitely on a budget, especially since I am returning to school.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tweet Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:03 am

Did anyone following this method test their DHT levels before and after?

Tweet

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:13 pm

SonofOdin wrote:@ElmoSuper8, I had the kind of itching that would make me want to tear my follicles out... but yes the itching is gone for me but I do notice it return if I slip up on my diet. I still notice shedding but its far less than it once was. My recession has stopped and is now reversing. I do follow Taeian's regimen exactly, and I know what its like not wanting to dive into something so expensive but it gets better later on when you get on the maintenance doses. It'd be hard for me to say what is causing most of the effects.

But, I think you could leave out Boron, Citrulline Malate, and maybe fish oil if you keep fish a regular part of your diet.

I no longer take 100mg of zinc a day by the way. After a month, I switched to 50mg eod once I got symptoms of things being too much. I also only take 13mg of iodine as maintenance.

Hi again, just wondering how long it took your scalp itch/ inflammation to stop after having started the protocol?
Cheers

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadlyDevice Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:15 pm

Tweet wrote:Did anyone following this method test their DHT levels before and after?

All talk, no walk I'm afraid.

DeadlyDevice

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:22 pm

DeadlyDevice wrote:
Tweet wrote:Did anyone following this method test their DHT levels before and after?

All talk, no walk I'm afraid.

Maybe getting DHT levels tested is too expensive for most. How much is it in the US to have it tested?

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadlyDevice Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:28 am

About $50 in Europe, not sure in the US.

DeadlyDevice

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:44 am

DeadlyDevice wrote:About $50 in Europe, not sure in the US.

When you say Europe, are you talking about the UK?

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:41 am

Note to anyone thinking about testing for serum DHT. It's inversely correlated to hair growth, which means you want higher serum DHT levels not lower.

Only lower salivary DHT levels is good.

Also, on that note DHT is a good hormone. It's 5-alpha reductase that we want low. If one measures serum DHT in non-balding vs balding, the non-balding will have higher DHT levels.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:45 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:Note to anyone thinking about testing for serum DHT. It's inversely correlated to hair growth, which means you want higher serum DHT levels not lower.

Also, on that note DHT is a good hormone. It's 5-alpha reductase that we want low. If one measures serum DHT in non-balding vs balding, the non-balding will have higher DHT levels.

Thanks for the info CS. As far as your own hair-loss journey - have you managed to completely halt it?

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:12 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:Note to anyone thinking about testing for serum DHT. It's inversely correlated to hair growth, which means you want higher serum DHT levels not lower.

What would be an effective way to keep 5-alpha low but dht in check?

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:41 pm

ElmoSuper8 wrote:

Thanks for the info CS. As far as your own hair-loss journey - have you managed to completely halt it?

Yes, I started this forum sometime after I halted my hair loss. However, it took me about about 15 years of research, trial and error to completely figure it out.

So for me, researching hair loss is an academic, professional interest...everyone truly is unique in terms of what works.

theseeker86 - The "secret" (which isn't really a secret) is lowering inflammation. This is what keeps 5-AR in check. The trick there (the hard part) is determining what hidden triggers are causing it. Some are obvious, and some are not so obvious.  This is part of the self exploration process.

Here's a basic article about the 5-AR and DHT connection.

http://longevitypost.com/stop-fearing-testosterone-dht/

To generalize, inflammation can come from oral pathology to the GI tract, or it can manifest from bio-accumulation of toxins which affect the endocrine system.

For this reason, correct supplementation and diet only goes so far for some. Other times, some simple modifications are all that is necessary.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:58 pm

ElmoSuper8 wrote: Hi again, just wondering how long it took your scalp itch/ inflammation to stop after having started the protocol?
Cheers

It took me a month but, that was because I was eating too lean. I began eating a lot of 80/20 ground beef and fatty fish. Eggs are also highly recommended for this protocol; raw if possible. Eggs however are not a part of the diet for me because my gut health is so poor that it reacts to them badly(this is a wip).

Anyway to answer the DHT question I'm going to assume my DHT levels are higher than before, but no I did not test them and don't see a need to. Like CS said, this is all about inflammation. This protocol focuses on these 3 factors of inflammation: Excess estrogen, Fungus(Candida), and overexposure to insulin.

Further along in the thread people began doing parasite cleanses as well. I however, didn't follow along on that path. The jury is out for me, because some parasites are supposedly good for you. If you're still watching this thread, what are your thoughts on parasite cleanses, and parasites as a connection to hair loss, CS?
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:18 pm

SonofOdin - Parasites are not so much a cause, but a symptom of a problem. Quite often, it is heavy metals or fungus.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:41 am

SonofOdin wrote:
ElmoSuper8 wrote: Hi again, just wondering how long it took your scalp itch/ inflammation to stop after having started the protocol?
Cheers

It took me a month but, that was because I was eating too lean. I began eating a lot of 80/20 ground beef and fatty fish. Eggs are also highly recommended for this protocol; raw if possible. Eggs however are not a part of the diet for me because my gut health is so poor that it reacts to them badly(this is a wip).

Anyway to answer the DHT question I'm going to assume my DHT levels are higher than before, but no I did not test them and don't see a need to. Like CS said, this is all about inflammation. This protocol focuses on these 3 factors of inflammation: Excess estrogen, Fungus(Candida), and overexposure to insulin.

Further along in the thread people began doing parasite cleanses as well. I however, didn't follow along on that path. The jury is out for me, because some parasites are supposedly good for you. If you're still watching this thread, what are your thoughts on parasite cleanses, and parasites as a connection to hair loss, CS?

Thanks for your response, what is " 80/20 ground beef " ? And do you have a link to the forum thread of all the people doing this regimen?

Cheers

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:47 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:
ElmoSuper8 wrote:

Yes, I started this forum sometime after I halted my hair loss. However, it took me about about 15 years of research, trial and error to completely figure it out.

So for me, researching hair loss is an academic, professional interest...everyone truly is unique in terms of what works.

theseeker86 - The "secret" (which isn't really a secret) is lowering inflammation. This is what keeps 5-AR in check. The trick there (the hard part) is determining what hidden triggers are causing it. Some are obvious, and some are not so obvious.  This is part of the self exploration process.

Here's a basic article about the 5-AR and DHT connection.

http://longevitypost.com/stop-fearing-testosterone-dht/

To generalize, inflammation can come from oral pathology to the GI tract, or it can manifest from bio-accumulation of toxins which affect the endocrine system.

For this reason, correct supplementation and diet only goes so far for some. Other times, some simple modifications are all that is necessary.

Thanks for getting back to me CS. You say "Other times, some simple modifications are all that is necessary" Can you expand on that?

And when you say "oral pathology to the GI tract" I take it you mean eating?

What is "theseeker86" ?

Thanks

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:07 pm

ElmoSuper8 wrote:
What is "theseeker86" ?  

Thanks

He was replying to me.

Thanks for the response CS

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:25 am

theseeker86 wrote:
ElmoSuper8 wrote:
What is "theseeker86" ?  

Thanks

He was replying to me.

Thanks for the response CS

Ok

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:40 am

80/20 ground beef is simply beef that is 80% lean, 20% fat. Sometimes you can find fattier beef than this, but probably just stick to this ratio so you can get adequate protein too. The good thing is this is way cheaper than most other variations of beef.

Also I wanted to share something that is very applicable to anyone into bodybuilding, or just people who tend to binge eat. I'm on a bulking phase, and the increase in food is bringing some of my itching back which I haven't felt in quite awhile. I'm tweaking my supps to see if I can find a sweet spot where I can bulk, and maintain my hair but the ideal for this protocol really seems to be eating barely any carbs, lots of fat, moderate protein and low calories overall.

My spiro has arrived though so perhaps that'll be enough to offset the negative effects of too much food.

Here is the thread elmo - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160444941&highlight=ecklonia+cava
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next