Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Qwackcine horror show
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 32 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2024 4:11 am by TheOne

» AutoInjectors/PenInjectors for Peptides
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 32 EmptySun Jun 30, 2024 9:28 am by CausticSymmetry

» Phloroglucinol Enhances Anagen Signaling and Alleviates H2O2-Induced Oxidative Stress in Human Dermal Papilla Cells
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 32 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 3:49 pm by shaftless

» Cell Therapy for Androgenetic Alopecia: Elixir or Trick?
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 32 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 2:03 pm by MikeGore

» Curcumin-zinc framework encapsulated microneedle patch for promoting hair growth
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 32 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 1:03 pm by Dudard

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 32 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 10:31 am by CausticSymmetry

» Pfizer being sued
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 32 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2024 4:32 am by CausticSymmetry

» Probiotics
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 32 EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 7:51 am by CF

» Good deal on krill oil
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 32 EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 6:33 am by CF

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

+109
CausticSymmetry
playmaker
helpmyhair1
Keanoseg
Jonoh
demgains77
element46
nicks
whodathunkit
deleteme
nvmmm
iuyyighghghgkh
goten574
jlj
nidhogge
RAptor
ANewHope
DeadlyDevice
Odysseus
nobodyknowsthetruth
darkknight
egodust
MrGalea
xyro
gbp2000
rob PHH
hairhat
Rob39
ngb
yup
TM1026
Younganddetermined
Slimnuts
dickadlop
CaptainGiggles
miki9
abetz85
bananasinpajamas
Colum
unfortunate
Growdamnit
Wlac89
hairyshowers
JamesDean
angstman
Xenon
lamka
lookalike
Hali-L
john walters
Shinobi
Jay07
chubbfrank
Misirlou
lutz
rogerd
turbojet
arnie
alphadelta
Thin in FL
Abyad
Biffy
Dannyboy
NYJets
pomme
CF
hiilikeyourbeard
NDW
stresssucks
Elephantor
vg
mistermr
bov51
JDawg
researchingeverything
rayl
hairisthickening
Joey Ramone
The Liberator
Manoko
gg4545
crysanthium
sanderson
BelieveInIt
Duketronix
Pumbaa
theseeker86
YAER
Grub
gingerbread
Live forever
jkj86
Complexx
invinoveritas
Hoppipolla
retrohair
tcpratt
sizzlinghairs
dudebro
bocor
mp
RisingFist
Hairy Potter
rofl
nzbalda
TNT
i_love_you
drex1999
113 posters

Page 31 of 41 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36 ... 41  Next

Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 32 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  ANewHope Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:59 am

BelieveInIt wrote:does it still not work if you try pinching it with both hands?
I manage to lift the scalp when I push the fingers of both hands against each other. I've understood this is the way to loosening the scalp.

ANewHope

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 32 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  drex1999 Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:07 pm

THIS IS IMPORTANT. This is the only post on this board you need to read, including any of my past ones. Bookmark it if you must. It is the key to your hair.

I'm back. I made a discovery and it's important for you to aim your treatment at. We all got side tracked a little, myself included I'll explain:

A few months into this I noticed my balding area got thicker and attributed it to the fatty under layer returning. Others had the same result and at that time, with the study still fresh in my mind, I thought the study was wrong. In retrospect, it wasn't. That initial thickening must just be part of the process. You see, for some time now, I could always feel the bumps and lumps of my skull beneath my scalp but this past week, 7 months into this, it went to another level. All of a sudden, I could feel all imperfections of my skull beneath my scalp like it was the surface of the moon. Moving my scalp across it has been like going over a beat up washboard. It's been weird and for days I marveled at it. Then I realized, this is exactly what the study said should happen!! Every single thing in that study has been correct!! So all of you trying to get blood flow happening isn't doing squat if you can't get that blood through the scalp to your follicles. The blood flow is already there!! It's just blocked!

It's all in the study and I'm going to copy and paste the important parts. Read them! Then I'm going to go over it and if you don't get it by the time I'm done, go buy a wig and go work at McDonalds because that's all life has in store for you.

This paper suggests the change of scalp thickness [18] and softness is the root cause for the hair loss. We suggest it appears to be a skin modification in structure at the molecular and macro levels by grease trapped in the hair follicle. The syndrome is the hardening/tigtening and thickening of skin.

-After receiving a daily massage of 150 days with finger press, their scalps have been transformed and belonged to Case 2. Their head skin was thinner (11 mm~17 mm) and softer (Durometer scale a reading: ~75). Some grease trapped in the hair follicle leaves the head. Some hair is found to regrow on these thinner and softer skin patch regions.

After receiving a daily massage of another 150 days with a heavier finger press (Case 3), their head skins have become much thinner (4 mm~10 mm) and softer (Durometer scale A reading: ~50). Almost all grease trapped in their hair follicle leaves the head. Hair for all people is found to be regrown naturally. From observation, over 90% hair recovery was also found to be regrown from the hair follicles for each bald person in this study

A thermography on the patient is also taken in figure 4b (iii) and (iv) using an infrared camera (TH9100, NEC with a close-up lens, TH91-386). It demonstrates that the thinner and softer skin has better blood circulation [higher thermal profile temperature]. This indicates more nutrient is to be provided to the scalp or microcirculation improvement. As for the thicker and harder skin has poor blood circulation [lower thermal profile temperature], this implies less nutrient to be provided to the scalp.

OK, I'm going to recap this:

- Your scalp is thick and hard with trapped grease and blood can't get through to the follicles
- You have to massage and press the grease out. This will take many months with some regrowth along the way.
- Once you have thinned and softened the scalp by squeezing the grease out of it, optimum circulation is able to return to the follicles and normal hair growth resumes.

So you already have the blood flow you need to grow your hair. It can't get through your thick hardened grease to do anything so your only goal is you work your skin to squeeze it out and only then will blood get to your follicles and start growing hair again. My routine may have helped in my success and I'm going to describe it in a different way for those who don't understand. Everybody seems to think pinching the skin is what is needed and it probably helps but that is only 1/3 of my routine. Make sure you also do this:

I plant my fingers and move my scalp back and forth. Then I move my fingers and do it again. I cover my area doing this in one direction and then another. Another way to describe it:
Pretend your finger tips are black markers. Plant your fingers and color your skull back and forth with your scalp in one direction. Move your fingers and color in the next little section of skull in the same direction. Do this until you have "colored in" your whole skull in your problem area. Now repeat the process going in an opposite 90 degree direction, coloring in every inch of problem area skull, cross hatching your previous direction. Does that make sense? Work every inch of scalp in different directions. Remember the study talks of "finger press" to get the grease out. For me, it took 7 months.

That's it. I'm out. I don't know how else to describe this. Good luck and I'll be back for the end game in a few months

drex1999

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:24 pm

Um...wow, so I guess that's it? I'm 2 months in now and hope to see what you are really talking about.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:38 pm

Growdamnit wrote:Um...wow, so I guess that's it? I'm 2 months in now and hope to see what you are really talking about.

In terms of?
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:40 pm

drex1999 wrote:THIS IS IMPORTANT. This is the only post on this board you need to read, including any of my past ones. Bookmark it if you must. It is the key to your hair.

I'm back. I made a discovery and it's important for you to aim your treatment at. We all got side tracked a little, myself included I'll explain:

A few months into this I noticed my balding area got thicker and attributed it to the fatty under layer returning. Others had the same result and at that time, with the study still fresh in my mind, I thought the study was wrong. In retrospect, it wasn't. That initial thickening must just be part of the process. You see, for some time now, I could always feel the bumps and lumps of my skull beneath my scalp but this past week, 7 months into this, it went to another level. All of a sudden, I could feel all imperfections of my skull beneath my scalp like it was the surface of the moon. Moving my scalp across it has been like going over a beat up washboard. It's been weird and for days I marveled at it. Then I realized, this is exactly what the study said should happen!! Every single thing in that study has been correct!! So all of you trying to get blood flow happening isn't doing squat if you can't get that blood through the scalp to your follicles. The blood flow is already there!! It's just blocked!

It's all in the study and I'm going to copy and paste the important parts. Read them! Then I'm going to go over it and if you don't get it by the time I'm done, go buy a wig and go work at McDonalds because that's all life has in store for you.

This paper suggests the change of scalp thickness [18] and softness is the root cause for the hair loss.  We suggest it appears to be a skin modification in structure at the molecular and macro levels by grease trapped in the hair follicle. The syndrome is the hardening/tigtening and thickening of skin.

-After receiving a daily massage of 150 days with finger press, their scalps have been transformed and belonged to Case 2. Their head skin was thinner (11 mm~17 mm) and softer (Durometer scale a reading: ~75). Some grease trapped in the hair follicle leaves the head. Some hair is found to regrow on these thinner and softer skin patch regions.

After receiving a daily massage of another 150 days with a heavier finger press (Case 3), their head skins have become much thinner (4 mm~10 mm) and softer (Durometer scale A reading: ~50). Almost all grease trapped in their hair follicle leaves the head. Hair for all people is found to be regrown naturally. From observation, over 90% hair recovery was also found to be regrown from the hair follicles for each bald person in this study

A thermography on the patient is also taken in figure 4b (iii) and (iv) using an infrared camera (TH9100, NEC with a close-up lens, TH91-386). It demonstrates that the thinner and softer skin has better blood circulation [higher thermal profile temperature]. This indicates more nutrient is to be provided to the scalp or microcirculation improvement. As for the thicker and harder skin has poor blood circulation [lower thermal profile temperature], this implies less nutrient to be provided to the scalp.

OK, I'm going to recap this:

- Your scalp is thick and hard with trapped grease and blood can't get through to the follicles
- You have to massage and press the grease out. This will take many months with some regrowth along the way.
- Once you have thinned and softened the scalp by squeezing the grease out of it, optimum circulation is able to return to the follicles and normal hair growth resumes.

So you already have the blood flow you need to grow your hair. It can't get through your thick hardened grease to do anything so your only goal is you work your skin to squeeze it out and only then will blood get to your follicles and start growing hair again. My routine may have helped in my success and I'm going to describe it in a different way for those who don't understand. Everybody seems to think pinching the skin is what is needed and it probably helps but that is only 1/3 of my routine. Make sure you also do this:

I plant my fingers and move my scalp back and forth. Then I move my fingers and do it again. I cover my area doing this in one direction and then another. Another way to describe it:
Pretend your finger tips are black markers. Plant your fingers and color your skull back and forth with your scalp in one direction. Move your fingers and color in the next little section of skull in the same direction. Do this until you have "colored in" your whole skull in your problem area. Now repeat the process going in an opposite 90 degree direction, coloring in every inch of problem area skull, cross hatching your previous direction. Does that make sense? Work every inch of scalp in different directions. Remember the study talks of "finger press" to get the grease out. For me, it took 7 months.

That's it. I'm out. I don't know how else to describe this. Good luck and I'll be back for the end game in a few months

Nice post.

It still doesn't explain why the scalp goes numb (IMO) But hey, whether there is already adequate blood flow or not.... IT WORHS. Can't wait to see everyone's full recovery pics in the future =]
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  JamesDean Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:30 pm

Growdamnit wrote:Um...wow, so I guess that's it? I'm 2 months in now and hope to see what you are really talking about.
Did you stop shedding Growdamnit ? Great post Drex, thanks for keeping this thread alive Smile
JamesDean
JamesDean

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay07 Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:50 pm

Drexx are you still brushing then? Or stopped that now?

Jay07

Back to top Go down

Post  RAptor Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:44 pm

But if everything about the blood circulation and grease is true, how come the transplanted hairs stay and grow on such area?
RAptor
RAptor

http://www.echolocationweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:29 pm

RAptor wrote:But if everything about the blood circulation and grease is true, how come the transplanted hairs stay and grow on such area?

I've read a number of cases were transplanted follicles suffer the same fate as follicles native to the galea. Propecia is prescribed to many hair transplant patients to prevent transplanted follicles from shedding.

The galea is naturally tighter than any other part of the body, so it stands to reason that it is more prone to hypoxia. I don't know if grease is the culprit, instead I am inclined to think that lactic acid is a major part of the problem. When cells suffer from hypoxia they begin to produce higher levels of lactic acid in order to produce adequate ATP. Lactic acid is an inflammatory substance; it also tends to build up more in the scalp because we sweat from the temples / crown, and lactic acid is released from sweat, so this is another reason why scalp tissue inflames so readily.

If the scalp tissue can be loosened via the manuals suggested on this thread, then, technically speaking, circulation and oxygen delivery should improve, which would then negate the need for the galea to produce so much inflammatory lactic acid.

Without waxing lyrical over the issue; I recommend sleeping in a bedroom with good ventilation, otherwise oxygen levels will be low and the galea will be starved of air even more, which will then cause an increase in lactic acid.

I simply cannot stress how important this is; if you're waking up with an inflamed scalp, then I can put my money on it that oxygen levels in your bedroom are low due to poor ventilation.

If we can also find a way of positioning our pillows so that the galea isn't pressing against it when we are asleep, then this would be even better. Maybe sleeping on a draft excluder would help.

Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:16 pm

drex1999 wrote:All of a sudden, I could feel all imperfections of my skull beneath my scalp like it was the surface of the moon. Moving my scalp across it has been like going over a beat up washboard. It's been weird and for days I marveled at it.

*Exactly* the same experience here Drex.

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:31 pm

if this theory is true, then what's the role of DHT on hair loss?

Only that Dht is the reason for the tight scalp?

I have friends that take propecia and nothing else and they have regrowth.

So, where the grease goes by just taking a pill? It is still there, (according the theory) but they have regrowth....i just don't get it...

TNT

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:12 am

it also does not explain why females dont get mpb. they have galeas, and presumably grease. i dont understand why a females galea would not be just as prone to tightening.

i think that if it is causing regrowth as ppl are suggesting, then its not correcting the cause of mpb. its just overriding it, and stimulating regrowth, i was under the impression the grease 'clogging follicles', myth has been debunked.

rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadlyDevice Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:57 am

Females have way different hormones. Hormones play a role in all of this.

I also wonder if having long hair could somehow assist in keeping the scalp more flexible as it would pull on the follicles...

I doubt there is any kind of "grease"... there is plenty of studies showing that mechanical stimulation of the scalp upregulates hair growth factors and downregulates atrophic factors... those studies were posted here, maybe even in this thread, and I've seen them on other forums as well but can't be bothered to find them (it involved VEGF and such).

And of course that this doesn't adress the 'cause', the true 'cause' will not ever be a single thing but a complex array of factors and it will take many more years until they even begin to piece it together, that is if anyone IS even interested in finding a cause because so far everyone just seems to be researching how to make better hair transplants from cloning hair cells and such, there is not much research aimed at figuring out what happens in MPB, most people don't even view it as a disease, but it is a disease in as much as any other disease that involves decay and loss of a body part - in this case your hair... but people view it as a vanity thing and it gets brushed off as non-serious. Idiots, needless to say.

DeadlyDevice

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:01 am

rofl wrote:it also does not explain why females dont get mpb.  they have galeas, and presumably grease.  i dont understand why a females galea would not be just as prone to tightening.

i think that if it is causing regrowth as ppl are suggesting, then its not correcting the cause of mpb.  its just overriding it, and stimulating regrowth, i was under the impression the grease 'clogging follicles', myth has been debunked.  

The galea in males is tighter IMO because the male brain is 15% larger. A larger brain causes skull expansion and likely a tighter galea.

Whatever the argument may be, we can't deny the results Drexx and others have been achieving via these methods. The guy has regrown lots of temple hair -- something which I just did not believe was possible until I saw his and others results.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  ngb Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:05 am

Women also have weaker muscles and a lot more flexibility.

ngb

Back to top Go down

Post  lamka Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:40 am

I think this exercise ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUXWCtwmDcM ) could be also as effective as the massage of the scalp which was mentioned above. Or am I wrong ?

lamka

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:08 am

lamka wrote:I think this exercise ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUXWCtwmDcM ) could be also as effective as the massage of the scalp which was mentioned above. Or am I wrong ?

no. is folding a stiff piece of cardboard in every place in every possible direction til it's like a piece of cloth the same as sliding it over the table?

but in addition to dt it can't hurt to do this exercise from time to time.

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:20 am

Xenon wrote:
rofl wrote:it also does not explain why females dont get mpb.  they have galeas, and presumably grease.  i dont understand why a females galea would not be just as prone to tightening.

i think that if it is causing regrowth as ppl are suggesting, then its not correcting the cause of mpb.  its just overriding it, and stimulating regrowth, i was under the impression the grease 'clogging follicles', myth has been debunked.  

The galea in males is tighter IMO because the male brain is 15% larger. A larger brain causes skull expansion and likely a tighter galea.

Whatever the argument may be, we can't deny the results Drexx and others have been achieving via these methods. The guy has regrown lots of temple hair -- something which I just did not believe was possible until I saw his and others results.
I'm glad I'm seeing familiar names like your own replying in this thread. It truly gives myself some validity when I see drexx, Duke, you, and a variety of others really trying to dig into this disease. I am very hopeful that this is what we've been looking for.

I am in the absolute best shape of my life. I can do one handed pull-ups, sprint for days, and jumprope forever. Here is the thing, I have been training extremely hard the last year. I have been on a ridiculously strict diet and eat PLENTY of vegetables and fruit everyday, everything organic. I take the IH 6, apple cider vinegar, oil pull, enough sleep, meditation for stress, and yet no terminal regrowth. I am astounded that for me, I believe internals are not the problem. I did all of this because I started to have a receding hairline. MPB is probably the best thing to happen to me in the long run. I would have never changed into who I am now.

With all of that aside, I believe it is something external. When I started brushing (1 1/2 years ago), it was constant dead skin falling off and peeling. I dermarolled and peeled even more fibrous/hard tissue off of my temples. Now, 2 months into this, and never has my scalp felt so good. I have vellus hairs all over my temples that grew slightly and pimples popping up here and there. I also notice the bumpy texture beneath my bald spots. It is the EXACT experience everyone is talking about. (Very rarely do I see a thread with an idea where everyone's experiences are similar.) I hate to really hype this shit up because I need to stay grounded and realize what I'm seeing in the mirror. All I can tell you is that my scalp feels great.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:41 am

RAptor wrote:But if everything about the blood circulation and grease is true, how come the transplanted hairs stay and grow on such area?

They don't most of the time.... That's why good HT surgeons prescribe FIN for life after the transplant, so it won't die out.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:46 am

Xenon wrote:

My mother has severe severe scoliosis, which as a result makes her scalp tight most of the time.... No hair loss whatsoever. I'm still 100% about the Galea & blood flow theory.... It's the best explanation.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  bananasinpajamas Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:13 am

if grease is really stuck in the pores there then an easier way to get it out, (vs months of massage) is to heat the skin slightly (sebum melts at a very low temperature) and then use some sort of device to suck it out or use polysorbate 80 and rub it in really good to dissolve it.

bananasinpajamas

Back to top Go down

Post  bananasinpajamas Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:16 am

if you notice in the study they have supporting evidence for certain observations. skin thickness measurements and temperature of the scalp etc

the grease thing is the only thing they have not verified for before and after. they have not verified there is grease stuck in the pores. they have not verified that grease was removed.

bananasinpajamas

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:12 pm

bananasinpajamas wrote:if grease is really stuck in the pores there then an easier way to get it out, (vs months of massage) is to heat the skin slightly (sebum melts at a very low temperature) and then use some sort of device to suck it out or use polysorbate 80 and rub it in really good to dissolve it.

I don't think it's a grease thing, my feeling is that it's a calcification thing. Check out this thread that rofl linked to in the 'welp, my hair is growing back thread': http://www.worldhairloss.org/index.php/hairloss/page2-newsarticles/magnesium_oil_for_hair_loss. It's well worth a read.

EDIT: scroll to the bottom to - Magnesium Oil For Hair Loss.

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:19 pm

@nidhogge, if you are watching this thread - do you still stand by what you wrote way back in 2010 in your article entitled Magnesium Oil For Hair Loss?

It seemed like you were advocating the use of a combination of Mag oil, K2 and D3 to remove calcification from the scalp. If so, what kind of dosages would you recommend?

I feel that this combo would be a great addition to the already great DT, don't you think?

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:26 pm

If grease was the problem, this could be an alternative...but as you can see, the hair is still there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UcmfSCs-CM

TNT

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 41 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36 ... 41  Next