Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Qwackcine horror show
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 27 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2024 4:11 am by TheOne

» AutoInjectors/PenInjectors for Peptides
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 27 EmptySun Jun 30, 2024 9:28 am by CausticSymmetry

» Phloroglucinol Enhances Anagen Signaling and Alleviates H2O2-Induced Oxidative Stress in Human Dermal Papilla Cells
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 27 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 3:49 pm by shaftless

» Cell Therapy for Androgenetic Alopecia: Elixir or Trick?
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 27 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 2:03 pm by MikeGore

» Curcumin-zinc framework encapsulated microneedle patch for promoting hair growth
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 27 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 1:03 pm by Dudard

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 27 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 10:31 am by CausticSymmetry

» Pfizer being sued
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 27 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2024 4:32 am by CausticSymmetry

» Probiotics
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 27 EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 7:51 am by CF

» Good deal on krill oil
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 27 EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 6:33 am by CF

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

+109
CausticSymmetry
playmaker
helpmyhair1
Keanoseg
Jonoh
demgains77
element46
nicks
whodathunkit
deleteme
nvmmm
iuyyighghghgkh
goten574
jlj
nidhogge
RAptor
ANewHope
DeadlyDevice
Odysseus
nobodyknowsthetruth
darkknight
egodust
MrGalea
xyro
gbp2000
rob PHH
hairhat
Rob39
ngb
yup
TM1026
Younganddetermined
Slimnuts
dickadlop
CaptainGiggles
miki9
abetz85
bananasinpajamas
Colum
unfortunate
Growdamnit
Wlac89
hairyshowers
JamesDean
angstman
Xenon
lamka
lookalike
Hali-L
john walters
Shinobi
Jay07
chubbfrank
Misirlou
lutz
rogerd
turbojet
arnie
alphadelta
Thin in FL
Abyad
Biffy
Dannyboy
NYJets
pomme
CF
hiilikeyourbeard
NDW
stresssucks
Elephantor
vg
mistermr
bov51
JDawg
researchingeverything
rayl
hairisthickening
Joey Ramone
The Liberator
Manoko
gg4545
crysanthium
sanderson
BelieveInIt
Duketronix
Pumbaa
theseeker86
YAER
Grub
gingerbread
Live forever
jkj86
Complexx
invinoveritas
Hoppipolla
retrohair
tcpratt
sizzlinghairs
dudebro
bocor
mp
RisingFist
Hairy Potter
rofl
nzbalda
TNT
i_love_you
drex1999
113 posters

Page 27 of 41 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 34 ... 41  Next

Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 27 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  Growdamnit Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:11 am

28 days in. Figured I'd just throw in the month because I'll be busy this weekend. Shedding on my left temple and two big pimples showed up. I also have another big one on my right temple, as well. I'd imagine it's the stuff I'm massaging out? My scalp is considerably looser, but we will have to see where this takes me. I'm hopeful, yet nervous.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 27 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  BelieveInIt Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:19 am

you'll wonder if it works for the first 2-3 months, then around the 4th you'll see proof...by now i have added about of 1-2cm terminal all around the hairline..it's only a matter of time.

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:00 am

I truly wish I could believe you, but I'm skeptical until I truly see proof. Definitely will stick to it an am hopeful. I will let you all know how my progress goes.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  hiilikeyourbeard Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:40 am

just bought this bad boy

http://www.amazon.com/Wahl-Interchangeable-Attachments-Attachment-Convenient/dp/B00GNFWSQA/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1396053411&sr=8-8&keywords=massage+wahl

gonna incorporate it into this. might give my hands a break from time to time. shit kills
hiilikeyourbeard
hiilikeyourbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  JDawg Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:43 am

BelieveInIt wrote:you'll wonder if it works for the first 2-3 months, then around the 4th you'll see proof...by now i have added about of 1-2cm terminal all around the hairline..it's only a matter of time.

Dude, please don't say shit like this unless you can back it up with photos.

Sorry to call you out like this, but it's such a pet peeve of mine.  I'm a big quantitative/numbers guy, which is why I feel like a Hyperbole Cop, but still...

1-2cm is .4 to .8 of an inch, so let's split the difference and say you added .5 inches.

You're saying that in 4 months (or however long) you added 1/2 an inch to your hairline?  That's such an astounding claim and you're not backing it up with anything except your word.

To be clear, I'm not saying DT doesn't work, I'm saying that your claim sounds immensely hyperbolic.

Half an inch? Seriously!? That's hair transplant-type success, and I would love to see some photos, or at least reign in the exaggeration a little.

Again, sorry to call you out, but wild claims make for unrealistic expectations and broken hearts when it comes to regrowth/retention.

JDawg

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:31 am

JDawg wrote:
BelieveInIt wrote:you'll wonder if it works for the first 2-3 months, then around the 4th you'll see proof...by now i have added about of 1-2cm terminal all around the hairline..it's only a matter of time.

Sorry to call you out like this, but it's such a pet peeve of mine.  I'm a big quantitative/numbers guy, which is why I feel like a Hyperbole Cop, but still...

1-2cm is .4 to .8 of an inch, so let's split the difference and say you added .5 inches.

You're saying that in 4 months (or however long) you added 1/2 an inch to your hairline?  That's such an astounding claim and you're not backing it up with anything except your word.

To be clear, I'm not saying DT doesn't work, I'm saying that your claim sounds immensely hyperbolic.

Half an inch? Seriously!? That's hair transplant-type success, and I would love to see some photos, or at least reign in the exaggeration a little.

Again, sorry to call you out, but wild claims make for unrealistic expectations and broken hearts when it comes to regrowth/retention.

i posted pictures in this thread https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t9930-pictures-from-manuals-4-months-detumescence-2-1-2

already that was almost 2 months ago. the new hairline is not 100% dense yet but it's gradually growing in terminal and i have no doubt it will fill to high density over time if i keep the manuals up.

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  mistermr Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:15 am

Anyone doing this and still getting results if they have dandruff, psoriasis and/or dermatitis?

mistermr

Back to top Go down

Post  JDawg Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:29 pm

BelieveInIt wrote:
JDawg wrote:

i posted pictures in this thread https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t9930-pictures-from-manuals-4-months-detumescence-2-1-2

already that was almost 2 months ago. the new hairline is not 100% dense yet but it's gradually growing in terminal and i have no doubt it will fill to high density over time if i keep the manuals up.

Thanks for posting the link to those photos. Glad you pointed them out.

I still think they don't exactly illustrate what you claimed before, the 1-2cm regrowth. It's not easy to compare it to your "before" photos bc of the lighting and angle, but at least you're logging something.

Keep it up, let's see where you are in another 4-6 months. That next round of photos will really show. I'd reccomend shooting them exactly as you shot your last round, for your own observation and to shut up skeptics like me.

JDawg

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:07 pm

i respect you right to be sceptic but these shorter hairs simply were not there before i started manuals. there was a clear border between slick bald and my hairline was all hairs of about the same length (10-15cm). now terminal hairs are sprouting up to 2 cm in front of my entire hairline, not as strong and dense a in my teens, but it certainly shows where this is heading at. i did'nt exaggerate anything. my post was directed to a newbie just starting the therapy giving him hope and describing how the first 3 months you wonder what you see is real and then at the forth or so you can't deny it because its obvious it works.

are you doing it yourself? for a long? no results?

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:12 am

I've recently switched from doing temples (which are receded) only to whole scalp (which is thinning). The Center front of my head (between temples) is really sore and sensitive (and was before I started this). The rest of my scalp is not. I wonder why.

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Post  Younganddetermined Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:50 am

Hey guys, found this link to a study that states that manual stretching ups hair beneficial genes and lowers hair destructive genes such as TNF...take a look, it is indeed interesting.
http://www.hairloss-research.org/UpdateMassageStimulateHairGrowth9-13.html

Younganddetermined

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:14 am

The pics in this study are of Slowmoe  Very Happy Pretty sure he was also using VR during this period. Slowmoe, u watching???

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  turbojet Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:44 am

I hit the 3 month mark yesterday. Hard massage ~10 mins in the AM and 20 mins before bed + dermaroller (1mm every 10 days) + LLLT (3X/week).

Initially my scalp was releasing tons of sebum and my hair was very greasy after massage, this stopped after approximately 1 month. My main problem has always been temple recession which has spread to the forelock as I've gotten older. There are visible vellus hairs on both temples and the skin around the area has gotten healthier and feels normal to the touch for the first time in years. The overall condition of my hair looks better and I've noticed thickening of hair in the midscalp and around my partline.

During LLLT sessions I'm getting much more of a blood pump sensation which I take as a good sign. Looking forward to the next 3 months, so far so good.

turbojet

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:04 am

turbo, what do you do exactly for DT?

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Post  turbojet Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:51 am

Usually 5 minutes of medium palm and finger pressure all over scalp (top, sides, back). The next 10 minutes I apply intense finger pressure to the point where I can hear grinding in certain places. It used to feel like I was pushing through some sort of thick buildup, now I only notice that at one place (forelock). The last five minutes I pinch between the pointer finger and thumb all over the scalp focused primarily on the temples and forelock. Most days I do about 2 minutes of boar bristle brushing after the 20 minutes is up just to exfoliate anything that's been sloughed off during massage and to get rid of weak hairs.

I have to be at work early so it's hard to fit in a 20 minute morning session so on most weekdays I do about 5-10 minutes of DT and at night is when I really focus on the above. For those that have issues with finger strength/numbness, I find it's a lot like playing guitar where issues disappear after you've spent enough time building up the hand and finger muscles.

turbojet

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob39 Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:01 am

sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/04/140401102709.htm
The protein that activated hair follicle growth was shown to also inhibit fat production.
The world first research confirmed that changes in the hair growth cycle led to fluctuations in the thickness of the underlying fat layer of the skin -- essentially meaning that the skin can regulate fat production.
Can this go the other way round. Would getting rid of thickness of underlaying fat layer of the skin help the hair growth protein.

Rob39

Back to top Go down

Post  drex1999 Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:19 pm

6 1/2 months in now. 3 1/2 of those with hair regrowth. Obviously, the last few weeks new growth won't show up yet so I am confident in proclaiming these representing at best 3 month's growth. Three different pics at different distances and two more, one parted to my worst area and then that picture zoomed in to show it filling in. All original hair combed up and back out of the way. I think we can call it cosmetic now. (some joker referred to my last pic documenting bumps as giving me "the weirdest hairline ever, lol"  if I was right. The bottom pic shows what the bumps are turning into now. Guess who's laughing?)

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 27 013_zps5fcf8c1f

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 27 012_zps1cdbad54

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 27 015_zps9d4286b2

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 27 028_zps2cef394a

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 27 Close_zps10863b2f

Last edited by drex1999 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:37 pm; edited 2 times in total

drex1999

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:32 pm

drex1999 wrote:6 1/2 months in now. 3 1/2 of those with hair regrowth. Obviously, the last few weeks new growth won't show up yet so I am confident in proclaiming these representing at best 3 month's growth. Three different pics at different distances and two more, one parted to my worst area and then that picture zoomed in to show it filling in. All original hair combed up and back out of the way. I think we can call it cosmetic now.

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 27 013_zps5fcf8c1f

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 27 012_zps1cdbad54

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 27 015_zps9d4286b2

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 27 028_zps2cef394a

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 27 Close_zps10863b2f

Holy shit dude...... You're close to regrowing your whole entire hair line. You were slick BALD in those areas for 10+ years... Wow...That's what I'm talking about man! Nice progress bro. I think we should all expect a full recovery... I sure am.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  yup Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:20 pm

I have to comment on something.
I see you put tension on your forehead when taking photos.
Please remember the more loose and relax is the whole system the faster and better
the results.Its important to let the energy flow and not block it.
Keep your facial expressions calm and cool,so that additionally no one can decode your feelings Wink

yup

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:46 pm

6 1/2 months in now. 3 1/2 of those with hair regrowth. Obviously, the last few weeks new growth won't show up yet so I am confident in proclaiming these representing at best 3 month's growth. Three different pics at different distances and two more, one parted to my worst area and then that picture zoomed in to show it filling in. All original hair combed up and back out of the way. I think we can call it cosmetic now. (some joker referred to my last pic documenting bumps as giving me "the weirdest hairline ever, lol"  if I was right. The bottom pic shows what the bumps are turning into now. Guess who's laughing?)

Ha ha ha! Yes Drex - you go man! That's what I would call photographic evidence Very Happy

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  hairhat Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:13 am

First time poster...long time lurker

Drex1999 I am amazed at your regrowth.  

Just out of curiosity...how did you come across the study?

hairhat

Back to top Go down

Post  rob PHH Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:19 am

Nice results!!! Very impressive and I'm glad you're sharing your success. I also jumped on detumescence 5 months ago and am blown away by the results... especially after cold quitting 7 years of Rogaine.

For anyone struggling with regrowing the hairline: try massaging the forehead. You'll notice that the fibrosis/calcification/build-up of sebum doesn't start with the hair line... In most people slick bald, you'll see protrusion of the scalp skin starting mid-way up the forehead. I believe it's necessary to hit this area to get full frontal regrowth.

For those not seeing any results: massage harder. Nearly all of the regrowth from detumescence occurred from months 5-10 into the therapy, which coincided with an increased intensity of the finger pressing. I get dandruff/sebum excretion EVERY TIME I massage. I've seen results pretty quickly as a result.

If these points have been discussed earlier - I apologize (haven't read the full thread).

rob PHH

https://perfecthairhealth.com/blog

Back to top Go down

Post  bananasinpajamas Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:28 am

drexx do you have a before photo?

bananasinpajamas

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:36 am

bananasinpajamas wrote:drexx do you have a before photo?

Check his posts bro...
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:49 pm

not bad drex. and thanx for posting photos.

btw ive just scanned every page and can only find zoomed in shots from months ago. do u have any before photos showing ur whole frontal 'island' like the ones u just posted?

if ur still waiting for longer to post the befores thats ok. but i think it would do u justice to show them, now that ur calling it 'cosmetic'. might settle this once and for all.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 41 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 34 ... 41  Next