Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Qwackcine horror show
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 24 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2024 4:11 am by TheOne

» AutoInjectors/PenInjectors for Peptides
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 24 EmptySun Jun 30, 2024 9:28 am by CausticSymmetry

» Phloroglucinol Enhances Anagen Signaling and Alleviates H2O2-Induced Oxidative Stress in Human Dermal Papilla Cells
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 24 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 3:49 pm by shaftless

» Cell Therapy for Androgenetic Alopecia: Elixir or Trick?
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 24 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 2:03 pm by MikeGore

» Curcumin-zinc framework encapsulated microneedle patch for promoting hair growth
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 24 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 1:03 pm by Dudard

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 24 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 10:31 am by CausticSymmetry

» Pfizer being sued
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 24 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2024 4:32 am by CausticSymmetry

» Probiotics
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 24 EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 7:51 am by CF

» Good deal on krill oil
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 24 EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 6:33 am by CF

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

+109
CausticSymmetry
playmaker
helpmyhair1
Keanoseg
Jonoh
demgains77
element46
nicks
whodathunkit
deleteme
nvmmm
iuyyighghghgkh
goten574
jlj
nidhogge
RAptor
ANewHope
DeadlyDevice
Odysseus
nobodyknowsthetruth
darkknight
egodust
MrGalea
xyro
gbp2000
rob PHH
hairhat
Rob39
ngb
yup
TM1026
Younganddetermined
Slimnuts
dickadlop
CaptainGiggles
miki9
abetz85
bananasinpajamas
Colum
unfortunate
Growdamnit
Wlac89
hairyshowers
JamesDean
angstman
Xenon
lamka
lookalike
Hali-L
john walters
Shinobi
Jay07
chubbfrank
Misirlou
lutz
rogerd
turbojet
arnie
alphadelta
Thin in FL
Abyad
Biffy
Dannyboy
NYJets
pomme
CF
hiilikeyourbeard
NDW
stresssucks
Elephantor
vg
mistermr
bov51
JDawg
researchingeverything
rayl
hairisthickening
Joey Ramone
The Liberator
Manoko
gg4545
crysanthium
sanderson
BelieveInIt
Duketronix
Pumbaa
theseeker86
YAER
Grub
gingerbread
Live forever
jkj86
Complexx
invinoveritas
Hoppipolla
retrohair
tcpratt
sizzlinghairs
dudebro
bocor
mp
RisingFist
Hairy Potter
rofl
nzbalda
TNT
i_love_you
drex1999
113 posters

Page 24 of 41 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 41  Next

Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 24 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  Xenon Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:49 pm

Joey, a scalp without MPB has blood flowing through it all of the time...

I'd completely agree. The scalp is a tight environment and most guys who have that bulbous shaped cranium always seem to bald prematurely. I can only assume that an expanded skull does make the scalp tighter and reduces circulation. I'd also say that the scalp environment, in particular, is more prone to lowered blood pH than elsewhere largely because of the hypoxia problem. Reduced oxygen = higher levels of lactic acid = inflammation.

There's likely other factors at play here, as reduced circulation opens the doors to so many more problems, but, for me, personally, my scalp isn't really tight, so the only problem for me was the lactic acid issue from heavy exercise.

Since keeping fit for the past few months I'm amazed at how thick and healthy my hair has become (and how healthy my skin looks), and I can only assume that this is related to increased blood flow. Beforehand I was put off exercise because my scalp would always inflame and I'd lose hair, but since I realized that the inflammation was caused by lactic acid in sweat, I simply wash it off after exercise and no longer have this problem.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 24 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  Joey Ramone Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:31 pm

Is your hair cosmetically different yet, Drex?

Joey Ramone

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:56 pm

Drex I see that you've also got those stretch marks from DT - I have them too ....

* Edit: Or are they scratches from a wood comb???

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  drex1999 Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:27 am

- Scratches from my brush on wet skin. Have to take the pics when the hair is wet out of the shower so it will stay when I brush it back as all the new growth is only an inch or so long and does what it wants when it's dry.

- Yes, very cosmetic now. As I wrote in another post, widow's peak is wider, has filled in an inch from the back moving forward. It puts a smile on my face.

- As for a zoomed out pic, I am still hesitant for what I think is a good reason. This pic is at the back of my temple as the hairline moves forward towards my forehead. This is the same area you are thinking of Complex, just zoomed towards the back of it. As I have also written, although I have sporadic hair growing all over (pic 2), the real action happens at the hairline at 1/4 inch of gain every 2 weeks. So, as my temple is better than it has been in at least 5 years, I don't want to put it up yet and have some jokers think that's all that has happened as the real improvement almost isn't noticeable anymore. It's like it's always been there. I will put up comparison pics but not yet. The only reason I continue to post is to drag as many people as I can along, some seemingly kicking and screaming. I have not put this time in just to ruin it for some who have not followed along up until now and not understand what they are seeing. I have 2 1/2 months of growth so theoretically, my results will triple before the end of this which would land me with over 95% regrowth. Everything that was claimed has happened up to this point so I have no doubt, the comparison pics will be everything I want them to be when it's time.

drex1999

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:15 pm

I agree with Drexx. My experience has been similarly starting from way back in the Ferox Margo days.

I've made some poor choices and lapsed on my routine a few times which I'm sure has slowed my progress but I definitely continue to see regrowth and am slowly filling in my temples. Same pattern too.

Bottom line is there's terminal hairs where there was no hair in over ten years. There's a few random ones that went terminal away from the hairline that are surrounded with the little velous guys but mostly it's been a slow moving forward of the hairline.

The past year I never wear a hat anymore.

From 2008-2012 you would NEVER see me out without a hat.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:30 pm

Drex and Duke,

I have been with you guys since the Ferox/Margo days and I can't believe you both attest to this. I started the first of this month and am extremely excited to see if I get any results similar to you two.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  hiilikeyourbeard Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:19 am

this is the cure.
hiilikeyourbeard
hiilikeyourbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:36 am

hiilikeyourbeard wrote:this is the cure.
I think so. I have tried almost everything and now I finally am starting to see ACTUAL terminal hair growth. Never before this.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  hiilikeyourbeard Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:16 pm

Growdamnit wrote:
I think so. I have tried almost everything and now I finally am starting to see ACTUAL terminal hair growth. Never before this.

i believe in a good diet but i don't really think it does much for hair regrowth. i've had the worst diet you could imagine since i can remember. and i'm getting regrowth without addressing that. only now am i delving into the entire package. but the regrowth came before any internal changes. just my two cents
hiilikeyourbeard
hiilikeyourbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:21 pm

hiilikeyourbeard wrote:
Growdamnit wrote:

i believe in a good diet but i don't really think it does much for hair regrowth. i've had the worst diet you could imagine since i can remember. and i'm getting regrowth without addressing that. only now am i delving into the entire package. but the regrowth came before any internal changes. just my two cents

diet can change thickness, shininess, maybe even growth speed but it won't grow hair where it was gone...

on the other hand i think that it can be very well responsible for or speed up hairloss if you have a really bad diet without nutrients over a long period like years..

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  hiilikeyourbeard Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:27 pm

BelieveInIt wrote:
hiilikeyourbeard wrote:
Growdamnit wrote:

diet can change thickness, shininess, maybe even growth speed but it won't grow hair where it was gone...

on the other hand i think that it can be very well responsible for or speed up hairloss if you have a really bad diet without nutrients over a long period like years..

agree with this 100%

once you're getting regrowth i believe it can really improve hair quality. but on it's own i don't think it can kick start the regrowth. help once you've gotten regrowth? absolutely
hiilikeyourbeard
hiilikeyourbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:33 pm

drex, are you just pressing down on your scalp all over the scalp for 20 minutes? or are you actually scrunching it up?
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  chubbfrank Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:28 pm

It has been around 2 months for me and a lot of vellus hairs popping up. Should be interesting to see what happens the next few months.

Anyone not doing this is doing a disservice to himself. At the least, this cures that irritating MPB itch (and inflammation). At best, it regrows all your hairs.

chubbfrank

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:08 pm

Not saying diet will regrow MPB hair on its own.

What I'm saying is that if you don't know what your body needs it may not be able to regrow hair and eating food your body doesn't like CAN make your hair fall out.

I think manuals are key to triggering regrowth but other factors likely play into the hair loss in the first place. Therefore it stands to reason that for best results, IF there are any of these mitigating circumstances, they ought to be resolved.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:33 pm

i think another huuuge and underestimated factor is making yourself sweat heavily often best daily. in comb with manuals + healthy diet this might speed up the regrowth process by 50% or so.

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:25 pm

God, I feel like Im going to go nuts not being able to do this therapy. It really seems like the most successful manual available right now and I CANT do it because my damn fingers seem to go numb. I strongly believe its due to the anatomy of my fingers, creating some kind of nerve compression from the constant pressing of fingertips against eachother.

I really just feel plain angry as hell that my body is preventing me from, what I have deduced so far, to be the most effective manual hairloss therapy.

And the one f*ckin tool that replicates this kneeding motion is NO LONGER IN PRODUCTION. GAHHHHHH, damnit, f*ckin a....  Evil or Very Mad 

Really feeling horribly horribly frustrated to no end right now..

Sorry, had to vent, but im on the outside looking in here.

I really want to be able to do this kneeding motion, fingertip against fingertip pinching like study.. Any reccomendations on some sort of tool available???

Thanks a million, really..

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  chubbfrank Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:21 pm

sizzlinghairs wrote:God, I feel like Im going to go nuts not being able to do this therapy. It really seems like the most successful manual available right now and I CANT do it because my damn fingers seem to go numb. I strongly believe its due to the anatomy of my fingers, creating some kind of nerve compression from the constant pressing of fingertips against eachother.

I really just feel plain angry as hell that my body is preventing me from, what I have deduced so far, to be the most effective manual hairloss therapy.

And the one f*ckin tool that replicates this kneeding motion is NO LONGER IN PRODUCTION. GAHHHHHH, damnit, f*ckin a....  Evil or Very Mad 

I really want to be able to do this kneeding motion, fingertip against fingertip pinching like study.. Any reccomendations on some sort of tool available???

Just use 2 hard plastic combs similar to this one

That's what I do. I will use my hands for stretching and moving the skin, but for the heavy stuff I simply press the combs down on my scalp to a point that it's uncomfortable, and go at it.

chubbfrank

Back to top Go down

Post  hiilikeyourbeard Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:26 pm

sizzlinghairs wrote:God, I feel like Im going to go nuts not being able to do this therapy. It really seems like the most successful manual available right now and I CANT do it because my damn fingers seem to go numb. I strongly believe its due to the anatomy of my fingers, creating some kind of nerve compression from the constant pressing of fingertips against eachother.

dude, i got regrowth before every incorporating this therapy. i did it through stretching the skin with more of your palm and kind of massages those muscles that way all around your scalp. that and a boar bristle brush
hiilikeyourbeard
hiilikeyourbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:21 am

My regrowth started before this with other massaging too.

This is just a more intense version.

I also use a wooden comb sometimes to massage the scalp.

you can always work out your fingers. Sounds like you have pretty weak wrists and fingers from what you describe. The numbness it almost %100 from your wrists or shoulders, not your fingers. Do some exercises for strength and mobility in all of them.

The ones used in gymnastics to build up to handstand and ring training are great IME.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:47 am

Or just be a rock climber and make your scalp bleed!!!!

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  YAER Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:06 am

I use the part between the wrist and palm in the below image and i find this to be more effective in force and mobility...

http://thesebonesofmine.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/handssss.jpg

I also place them on each side of the head and push inwards forcing the skin to close in on each other thus breaking any hard tissue, this technique is what gave me the most elasticity and iv tried everything...I dont use my fingers at all, i use the same part in the above image to press down on my scalp...

YAER

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:07 am

BelieveInIt wrote:

Hasn't CS proven this to be false?

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Post  Younganddetermined Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:43 am

Hey all, I just started this therapy and I'm really impressed with how much more lax my scalp feels in general. It really is quite amazing the difference I am experiencing. All of those who have pushed this therapy along deserve a huge thank you. I want to thank all of you and let you know you are truly inspirations. I have a question though, do any of you experience a crunching phenomenon while pinching? If so, what do you suppose it is?

Younganddetermined

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 24 Empty New User, Trying This Out, A Couple Questions

Post  TM1026 Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:46 am

Hello Everybody,

I've been following this forum and this thread for a while and decided to jump in.

I've been trying this therapy out for about a month now. I usually get about 5-10 minutes in the morning and again at night. (Maybe not enough but I want to just get the habit going)

This past week I've been noticing a lot of flakiness. This is something I really haven't ever had a problem with. Do you guys think this is dead skin? Old sebum?
Is this a good sign that things are breaking up?

I've also had undergone some major shedding this weekend. More than usual. Should I expect things to get a lot worse before they get better?

Also a little background about me:

I've been suffering from classic MPB for almost 4 years (Im in my early 20's) I'm probably like a Norwood 2/3 at this point with some thinning all over

I've always had thin, straight, greasy hair. I always wake up with greasy hair in the morning. I wonder if I just have a lot of accumulated sebum in my scalp which is now being released.

Also lately (past 2-3 weeks) my diet has been kind of crap and therefore my digestion has been paying the price. I wonder if this has something to do with the flakiness and recent shedding.

I am optimistic about these manuals and this forum in general so any help or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

TM1026

Back to top Go down

Post  mistermr Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:58 am

This therapy doesn't work out you have a skin condition such as psoriasis / eczema on the scalp or your hairloss is fungal driven. You have to get that part of your hairloss under control or else you will not see any improvement. Diet and supplements become crucial at this point. However, doing detumescense while working to control the fungus can be effective imo.

mistermr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 41 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 41  Next