Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Qwackcine horror show
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 13 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2024 4:11 am by TheOne

» AutoInjectors/PenInjectors for Peptides
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 13 EmptySun Jun 30, 2024 9:28 am by CausticSymmetry

» Phloroglucinol Enhances Anagen Signaling and Alleviates H2O2-Induced Oxidative Stress in Human Dermal Papilla Cells
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 3:49 pm by shaftless

» Cell Therapy for Androgenetic Alopecia: Elixir or Trick?
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 2:03 pm by MikeGore

» Curcumin-zinc framework encapsulated microneedle patch for promoting hair growth
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 1:03 pm by Dudard

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 10:31 am by CausticSymmetry

» Pfizer being sued
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2024 4:32 am by CausticSymmetry

» Probiotics
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 13 EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 7:51 am by CF

» Good deal on krill oil
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 13 EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 6:33 am by CF

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

+109
CausticSymmetry
playmaker
helpmyhair1
Keanoseg
Jonoh
demgains77
element46
nicks
whodathunkit
deleteme
nvmmm
iuyyighghghgkh
goten574
jlj
nidhogge
RAptor
ANewHope
DeadlyDevice
Odysseus
nobodyknowsthetruth
darkknight
egodust
MrGalea
xyro
gbp2000
rob PHH
hairhat
Rob39
ngb
yup
TM1026
Younganddetermined
Slimnuts
dickadlop
CaptainGiggles
miki9
abetz85
bananasinpajamas
Colum
unfortunate
Growdamnit
Wlac89
hairyshowers
JamesDean
angstman
Xenon
lamka
lookalike
Hali-L
john walters
Shinobi
Jay07
chubbfrank
Misirlou
lutz
rogerd
turbojet
arnie
alphadelta
Thin in FL
Abyad
Biffy
Dannyboy
NYJets
pomme
CF
hiilikeyourbeard
NDW
stresssucks
Elephantor
vg
mistermr
bov51
JDawg
researchingeverything
rayl
hairisthickening
Joey Ramone
The Liberator
Manoko
gg4545
crysanthium
sanderson
BelieveInIt
Duketronix
Pumbaa
theseeker86
YAER
Grub
gingerbread
Live forever
jkj86
Complexx
invinoveritas
Hoppipolla
retrohair
tcpratt
sizzlinghairs
dudebro
bocor
mp
RisingFist
Hairy Potter
rofl
nzbalda
TNT
i_love_you
drex1999
113 posters

Page 13 of 41 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 41  Next

Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 13 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  Complexx Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:58 am

sanderson wrote:has anyone been able to do anything special with temples? my one temple is getting DESTROYED damn, i need some work on it. i'm scrunching it a lot, im hoping a shed.

What do you mean it's getting destroyed? By an itching or hair fall? If its hair fall it's def. a shed... There's no coincidence here.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 13 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  sanderson Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:29 am

Complexx wrote:
sanderson wrote:has anyone been able to do anything special with temples? my one temple is getting DESTROYED damn, i need some work on it. i'm scrunching it a lot, im hoping a shed.

What do you mean it's getting destroyed? By an itching or hair fall? If its hair fall it's def. a shed... There's no coincidence here.

It's def. thinning out a lot. Okay.. well I hope it is coming back! lol. complex, how is your stuff going? I've been doing mostly scrunching, are you actually pressing down on your head on the bumps on your head?
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  JDawg Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:04 am

drex1999 wrote:This will probably be my last picture of this zoomed in kind because, no shit, it's getting hard to see as more hair comes in. The area the previous pictures were is now filled to about 20% density of hair (top left corner of pic) and you can see more new hair in there if you look. This is my barest area remaining. Look to the center of the picture for the black dots. They all have shadows if your eyesight isn't good enough to pick out the hair.

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 13 05010

Where is this on your head? Temple or crown/vertex?

Lots of little hairs fo sure

JDawg

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:19 pm

Uhg....

Is no one else ending up with semi numb finger tips? All the pressing/strain on wrists seems to be giving me this.

Im really pissed because this is one treatment I truly have faith in damnit.

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  mistermr Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:22 am

Another thing I'd like to add is that massaging around the norwood 7 area of the scalp with this method seems to be vital to get the benefits of restored blood flow. The norwood 7 area is the main channel where the blood gets choked off (dammed) so this therapy seems important to apply along this area.

mistermr

Back to top Go down

Post  gg4545 Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:46 am

mistermr wrote:Another thing I'd like to add is that massaging around the norwood 7 area of the scalp with this method seems to be vital to get the benefits of restored blood flow. The norwood 7 area is the main channel where the blood gets choked off (dammed) so this therapy seems important to apply along this area.

you say this because you see the benefit or are speculating at this point?

gg4545

Back to top Go down

Post  mistermr Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:55 am

At this point is an observation that I have made that I am applying. I'd say it's more important if you're higher on the norwood scale and have crown thinning. It also make a lot of sense of you believe in the manuals / blood flow theory.

mistermr

Back to top Go down

Post  gg4545 Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:24 am

Just wanted to understand where you were coming from. Sometimes you can only interpret what a person is thinking and you build an idea based on interpretation instead of what was actually meant.

gg4545

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:52 am

mistermr wrote:Another thing I'd like to add is that massaging around the norwood 7 area of the scalp with this method seems to be vital to get the benefits of restored blood flow. The norwood 7 area is the main channel where the blood gets choked off (dammed) so this therapy seems important to apply along this area.

i only give this area a normal fingertip massage since at least in my case it already is very flexible.

i detumescence on top and temples, where the scalp is hard and almost impossible to pinch with one hand.

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:55 am

BelieveInIt wrote:

i only give this area a normal fingertip massage since at least in my case it already is very flexible.

i detumescence on top and temples, where the scalp is hard and almost impossible to pinch with one hand.
'

i can easily pinch my skin.. my scalp is so loose. i feel like i might be doing this wrong. are you actually pressing into your head? like pushing with force on your skull or the sides of your head?
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:12 pm

so i am rereading the study. i drew a picture so i am understanding better. is it basically you are pressing in the skull with the intention of changing the shape of the skull from bigger to getting more flat? also, are you guys pressing in the sides of your head as well? in order to make the skull shape not pop out on the sides of your head?

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 13 Head10
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:38 pm

sorry for spamming this thread, but i just took a pic to give u guys an idea of how loose my scalp is. is anyone else able to do this much with their scalp? my hair is not getting better.. i do have many pictures from the past few months, honestly seems like it is getting worse or no progress, its hard for me to tell. i have peach fuzz on hairline, but it has been there for months now, i don't know if it will ever go terminal or not. that's why i don't take a lot of the peach fuzz growing at hair line stuff seriously because i've had it for a while. in about 2 weeks i'm restarting cannabis oil topically at temples so we will see how that goes. but i know the process takes time. i'm hoping that my scalp is loose, then it will start growing back at some point? not sure.. but cant stop now.

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 13 Scalp10

how does this compare to you guys? i can do that all over my scalp, although less at the back of my head which i am starting to work on my ore now because i'm starting to see the back of my head is not doing so hot.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:37 pm

That is some serious looseness, I have nothing like that. Is your scalp getting thicker and softer? That's where I am noticing a big difference.

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:41 pm

CF wrote:That is some serious looseness, I have nothing like that.  Is your scalp getting thicker and softer? That's where I am noticing a big difference.

i dont know what it even means thicker and softer. i am not sure if it is or not. keep in mind ive been doing tom hagerty's exercise since march also like excessively everyday.. now i'm more doing it myself manually for at least 10 mins in the am and 10 mins at night. i think i'm going to work it up to 20 min in morning and 20 min at night. i'm also dermarolling after each session and i'm going to start brushing again as well.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:55 pm

sanderson wrote:i dont know what it even means thicker and softer. i am not sure if it is or not.

I've been squeezing it for a few weeks now and my scalp is larger than it was. It used to be like skin covering bone but now there is softness to it.

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  RisingFist Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:10 pm

wow that's loose. You started dermarolling too right? I read castor oil with vitamin b12 is a good alternative to minox. See in a month or two if you get improvement. Now that the environment is better, you will probably start getting regrowth soon.

RisingFist

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:58 pm

CF wrote:
sanderson wrote:i dont know what it even means thicker and softer. i am not sure if it is or not.

I've been squeezing it for a few weeks now and my scalp is larger than it was.  It used to be like skin covering bone but now there is softness to it.  

so are you actually pushing down on the bone on the top of your head though? physical pressure on the bones to try to make the head flat?
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:59 pm

RisingFist wrote:wow that's loose. You started dermarolling too right? I read castor oil with vitamin b12 is a good alternative to minox. See in a month or two if you get improvement. Now that the environment is better, you will probably start getting regrowth soon.

yeah im dermarolling now too. ill give it a try, i actually have been using castor oil on nightly basis but i laid off it. ill restart it thanks for the tip.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  The Liberator Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:12 pm

Hi Sanderson....how long have you been doing detumescent massage therapy on yourself?

I only recently started, but I can say that, at least as far as I can tell, the only way to "kneed" your head with great force is to essentially push it directly into your skull, although i am interested to hear others opinions on this.

The Liberator

Back to top Go down

Post  drex1999 Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:37 pm

I haven't been following this thread the past week because really, it's just a time thing now. Seems people still haven't grasped this yet. Let's break this down to the simplest way possible. This study was by university students and is embellished to get their point across that the skin is thicker than other areas because of trapped grease and oils. How much thicker? Probably only slightly.

Point: skin is thick and hard with trapped grease.

Remedy: massage with firm pressure to squeeze out trapped hardened grease, hair will then regrow.

You don't have to kill your fingers or flatten your skull. Simple firm pressure while kneading/working your skin. Do you fingers or hair get greasy as you do it? Then you have accomplished your mission. End of story.

Here's where it gets a bit confusing. We noticed that the fatty underlayer is gone from where we are losing hair and doing this brings it back, making the scalp seem thicker. That is not addressed in the study but does not mean that the skin itself is thicker. It has probably gotten thinner and softer as grease has been released, just like the study said. It just does not appear that way because of the return of the under layer. Still don't get it? Doesn't matter. Just do the paragraph above.

drex1999

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:20 pm

Thanks drex, honestly I was so lazy with reading that study I didn't even know the goal was to release grease.  

I've just been pinching the crap out of the scalp, and have experienced a precipitous build up of that fatty layer.  Then every 2 or 3 days I'd use my scalp massager from Morracco Method and go around moving the scalp in different directions trying to break up any scar tissue.

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  drex1999 Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:49 pm

Think of your hair as grass and that grass and it's root system is encased in a sludgy cement, unable to draw nutrients from the soil below and unable to break the surface above. By forcing that sludgy cement out of the ground by working it, the roots will once again draw from the fertile soil below it now has access to and the grass will begin to grow again.

What I think we are seeing is that once we have a percentage of grease forced out after a few months, normal function of blood getting to the papilla bringing nutrients and taking away waste begins to return. With normal function returned, that fatty underlayer must be one of the results of normal function. That's why I have been saying I believe if you notice that underlayer returning, I think you got it going on. Then it could take weeks to a few months before you see actual hair form and break the surface as I would think you would have to go through the telogen phase.

From the study (notice is says "skin" is thinner):
- "It is suggested to be much grease trapped in the hair follicle blocking the nutrient. After receiving a daily massage of 150 days with finger press, their scalps have been transformed and belonged to Case 2. Their head skin was thinner (11 mm~17 mm) and softer (Durometer scale a reading: ~75). Some grease trapped in the hair follicle leaves the head. Some hair is found to regrow on these thinner and softer skin patch regions. After receiving a daily massage of another 150 days with a heavier finger press (Case 3), their head skins have become much thinner (4 mm~10 mm) and softer (Durometer scale A reading: ~50). Almost all grease trapped in their hair follicle leaves the head."
-"Their hair for all people is found to be regrown naturally. From observation, over 90% hair recovery was also found to be regrown from the hair follicles for each bald person in this study."

drex1999

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:44 am

RisingFist wrote:wow that's loose. You started dermarolling too right? I read castor oil with vitamin b12 is a good alternative to minox. See in a month or two if you get improvement. Now that the environment is better, you will probably start getting regrowth soon.

Where can i get more information about the castor oil + b12 combo? Would be good to apply after dermaroll like in that minox study?

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:48 am

I'm definitely getting tons of grease out of my scalp when I do this. at first it's slick and oily, then I wipe my hands as I continue to rub and at the end my scalp feels like normal skin.

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:51 am

Drex, any thoughts on what parts of the head to massage? Will only massaging the bald areas pull the grease from areas with hair as well?

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 41 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 41  Next