Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Qwackcine horror show
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 4:11 am by TheOne

» AutoInjectors/PenInjectors for Peptides
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 21 EmptySun Jun 30, 2024 9:28 am by CausticSymmetry

» Phloroglucinol Enhances Anagen Signaling and Alleviates H2O2-Induced Oxidative Stress in Human Dermal Papilla Cells
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 21 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 3:49 pm by shaftless

» Cell Therapy for Androgenetic Alopecia: Elixir or Trick?
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 21 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 2:03 pm by MikeGore

» Curcumin-zinc framework encapsulated microneedle patch for promoting hair growth
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 21 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 1:03 pm by Dudard

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 21 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 10:31 am by CausticSymmetry

» Pfizer being sued
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 21 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2024 4:32 am by CausticSymmetry

» Probiotics
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 21 EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 7:51 am by CF

» Good deal on krill oil
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 21 EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 6:33 am by CF

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

+109
CausticSymmetry
playmaker
helpmyhair1
Keanoseg
Jonoh
demgains77
element46
nicks
whodathunkit
deleteme
nvmmm
iuyyighghghgkh
goten574
jlj
nidhogge
RAptor
ANewHope
DeadlyDevice
Odysseus
nobodyknowsthetruth
darkknight
egodust
MrGalea
xyro
gbp2000
rob PHH
hairhat
Rob39
ngb
yup
TM1026
Younganddetermined
Slimnuts
dickadlop
CaptainGiggles
miki9
abetz85
bananasinpajamas
Colum
unfortunate
Growdamnit
Wlac89
hairyshowers
JamesDean
angstman
Xenon
lamka
lookalike
Hali-L
john walters
Shinobi
Jay07
chubbfrank
Misirlou
lutz
rogerd
turbojet
arnie
alphadelta
Thin in FL
Abyad
Biffy
Dannyboy
NYJets
pomme
CF
hiilikeyourbeard
NDW
stresssucks
Elephantor
vg
mistermr
bov51
JDawg
researchingeverything
rayl
hairisthickening
Joey Ramone
The Liberator
Manoko
gg4545
crysanthium
sanderson
BelieveInIt
Duketronix
Pumbaa
theseeker86
YAER
Grub
gingerbread
Live forever
jkj86
Complexx
invinoveritas
Hoppipolla
retrohair
tcpratt
sizzlinghairs
dudebro
bocor
mp
RisingFist
Hairy Potter
rofl
nzbalda
TNT
i_love_you
drex1999
113 posters

Page 21 of 41 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 31 ... 41  Next

Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 21 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  Hairy Potter Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:00 pm

unfortunate wrote:How does this compare to other manuals like maliniak method and Papilla Power?

Unfortunate, it's the same sort of principle in my opinion - deals a lot with blood / lymph flow, and breaking up hard tissue. People have reported success with violet ray, some have reported success with Papilla / Margo - as far as detumescence goes, we're still testing it.

I would say that DT is much more powerful than Margo / Papilla, but I'm actually still doing towelling (but maybe not quite as religiously), cos I like to finish what I start.

There have been guys on here who have reported some good developments within a relatively short period of time on this (just read through the thread).

For those who have been on this since the beginning of the trial in October 2013, we've just clicked over into the second half of the 'experiment'. This is where things are gonna get interesting IMHO.

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 21 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  Growdamnit Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:37 am

Three days in and my temples (location where I am massaging) feel like they're on fire. It literally feels like bad sunburn. Now, let's get this straight as I have a high pain tolerance. I have been brushing consistently for one and a half years now. The pain was bad at first, but it slowly got better. I dermaroll, but can deal with the pain as it isn't too bad. The "sunburn" I am feeling is a lot more sensitive than either brushing or dermarolling. Let me know what's up so I don't screw my scalp up beyond repair.

EDIT: Mind you all, I am beyond dedicated to try a random, natural method out. If this feeling is a good/positive sign, I will try my best to be dedicated, fight this and get to the root cause (pun intended 'cause I'm fucking hilarious.)

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:01 am

Growdamnit wrote:Three days in and my temples (location where I am massaging) feel like they're on fire. It literally feels like bad sunburn. Now, let's get this straight as I have a high pain tolerance. I have been brushing consistently for one and a half years now. The pain was bad at first, but it slowly got better. I dermaroll, but can deal with the pain as it isn't too bad. The "sunburn" I am feeling is a lot more sensitive than either brushing or dermarolling. Let me know what's up so I don't screw my scalp up beyond repair.

EDIT: Mind you all, I am beyond dedicated to try a random, natural method out. If this feeling is a good/positive sign, I will try my best to be dedicated, fight this and get to the root cause (pun intended 'cause I'm fucking hilarious.)

That's normal, lotsa guys experienced just that - I know I did ...

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Colum Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:46 am

hiilikeyourbeard wrote:loosen scalp + stimulate blood and oxygen flow to the follicle = stop hair loss. why is everyone not doing this? i've almost reversed an entire norwood in 4 months. GET ON THESE MANUALS, LADIES
Is your regrowth noticeable to others? Do you credit these manuals only with the regrowth? What was the state of your hairloss prior to doing these manuals?

Colum

Back to top Go down

Post  Colum Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:55 am

drex1999 wrote:This study was posted by nzbalda in another thread. Read it. Read it 3 times if you must. The study was done in Hong Kong so the translation is a bit funny at times but fully understandable

http://www.omicsonline.org/2155-9554/2155-9554-3-138.php

Detumescence is the reduction of swelling. What this study says is that forcefully kneading and massaging your balding areas for 20 minutes in the morning and at night will result in minor regrowth in 5 months and 95% regrowth in 10 months. Table 2 of their study shows 100% of 100 subjects achieved those results.

Too good to be true? Maybe. If we can get a few volunteers to start this along with me, we can know by the end of February if it works or not.

It's free and easy. All you need is two things: dedication and perseverance to follow through with this daily without seeing results for up to 5 months. Anybody out there want some free hair?

Isn't it very lame to claim results on a study about hair, and not have any before or after photos? Do photos exist that we can see to be impressed, rather than spend hours each month hurting our own scalps on doing something that might not give any worthwhile improvement. Does anyone on this forum have photo's for us to admire?)

Colum

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:27 am

Colum wrote:
drex1999 wrote:This study was posted by nzbalda in another thread. Read it. Read it 3 times if you must. The study was done in Hong Kong so the translation is a bit funny at times but fully understandable

http://www.omicsonline.org/2155-9554/2155-9554-3-138.php

Detumescence is the reduction of swelling. What this study says is that forcefully kneading and massaging your balding areas for 20 minutes in the morning and at night will result in minor regrowth in 5 months and 95% regrowth in 10 months. Table 2 of their study shows 100% of 100 subjects achieved those results.

Too good to be true? Maybe. If we can get a few volunteers to start this along with me, we can know by the end of February if it works or not.

It's free and easy. All you need is two things: dedication and perseverance to follow through with this daily without seeing results for up to 5 months. Anybody out there want some free hair?

Isn't it very lame to claim results on a study about hair, and not have any before or after photos? Do photos exist that we can see to be impressed, rather than spend hours each month hurting our own scalps on doing something that might not give any worthwhile improvement. Does anyone on this forum have photo's for us to admire?)

yes it`s lame there are no pictures in the study but it works.

i posted pictures with regrowth after only 2 1/2 months in a dedicated thread.
i'm not sure it can bring back ALL of your hair once youre completely bald on top but i'm 100% sure that if you notice early signs of hailoss and a tight scalp detumescence can save your hair for the rest of your life and regrow hair that has not been gone for too long in a very short time. that is without any side effects and permanent.

it counters the main reason: a tight, bloodless and numb scalp disconnected from the body.
since i started the feeling came back in my problem areas, which is a very good sign IMO and should be reason enough for everybody to do it as well.

take it or leave it.

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:52 am

This isn't exactly DT related, but I thought I'd ask since I noticed it when I was doing my afternoon DT.

I work in an office and normally don't exercise in the mornings, sit down all day etc. The usual. When I get home my scalp is generally very oily (until I do DT).

This morning I went surfing first thing in the morning (facing sun), then worked from home (standup desk). My scalp doesn't have a hint of oil on it.

What caused this? Even when I do exercise in the mornings I get oily scalp.

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Post  Colum Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:32 am

i'm not sure it can bring back ALL of your hair once youre completely bald on top but i'm 100% sure that if you notice early signs of hailoss and a tight scalp detumescence can save your hair for the rest of your life and regrow hair that has not been gone for too long in a very short time. that is without any side effects and permanent.

it counters the main reason: a tight, bloodless and numb scalp disconnected from the body.
since i started the feeling came back in my problem areas, which is a very good sign IMO and should be reason enough for everybody to do it as well.

[/quote]

Thanks for the reply, so you have noticeable results yourself. This is certainly encouraging, but I will ask if this works with any hair on your head, then why wouldn't it work on all of it? If this really is the cause of hairloss, as it may be, then if even one hair returns then shouldn't it be possible to return ALL of the hair, the study even claimed to have enormous success.
And as for how long you have been bald, should that really make any difference if this reverses hairloss? Were some of those in the study suffering severe hairloss prior to the treatment? And were any of them bald a very long time? If this is so, then it should be possible for a near complete recovery, even for those who have been bald for many years?

There was one particular event I do recall when I was 18 years old, which would have been only a very short time before I started losing hair. It has come to mind again from reading this study and hearing of Malinak method and so on. This is 20 years ago now but one particular day I do recall a very strange and sudden sensation of feeling the blood flow out of my scalp very significantly. It was a feeling like the blood was draining rapidly out of my scalp and an unpleasant vibrating sensation in the scalp as it did so. I felt I was going to passout, had trouble with vision temporarily. It is something that happened suddenly and I can only guess lasted about from 15 to 30 minutes. It is something that never happened before or since and I had no explanation for it. Over the following months I started losing hair rapidly but had a history of baldness in my family anyway so resigned myself to it. However I often suspected the 2 were connected but it was only a suspicion. I did a lot of scalp massaging and hanging upsidedown to increase the bloodflow but it never helped. During those years in my early 20's I used to get a lot of terrible headaches too and I wondered of a connection. Perhaps I didn't do enough massaging and didn't have a violet ray either, but I did do quite a lot of it. I always had the sensation of not enough blood flowing to the scalp. Anyone else who has suffered hairloss, can they recall any particular similar sensation? As it happened prior to any hairloss then it is easy to forget it afterwards. I will try the massaging again and hope for results too.

Colum

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:58 am

i think if we´d live forever this would bring back every single hair you've lost but unfortunaley we only have so much time til bloodflow and cell reproduction gets bad with age...

say you've been nw 7 for more than 10 years then leading to your condition and the time after your scalp became more and more fibrotic and disconnected. you probably got scared to touch it, brush it, massage it because you did'nt wanna lose the remaining hair and everybody told you to be gentle with your scalp. in my case my scalp was like it wasn't really a part of my body, almost completely numb on top. i had a habit of pulling my ears towards my head because i believed i looked better that way but this was what lead to a drumtight scalp. within only 2 years i lost most of the hair on top. i often had headaches as you mentioned. try to keep your head tilted back slightly, balance it on your shoulders instead of holding it stiff upright and keep your face and scalp relaxed also. since i did that and stopped masturbating daily i haven't had headaches for 4 months.

anyway detumescence SLOWLY makes it possible for the scalp to transform back to normal. logically the longer your scalp was fibrotic, the longer it will take to turn back to normal. follicles that maybe aren't even visible with a microscope must grow again.
i noticed that terminal regrowth starts from where your existing hairline is, never on open field, there are vellus hairs though.

sorry if my post seemed a little confusing, i'm very tired and have to sleep Wink

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  bananasinpajamas Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:21 pm

hi guys im really interested in this. unfortunately the original link does not work anymore.

can someone post directions and protocol for this please?

im thinking this method is similar to needling. you are causing minor damage and causing hte body to release growth factors.

bananasinpajamas

Back to top Go down

Post  drex1999 Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:31 pm

I see the study has disappeared but everything anyone needs to know is within this thread. Directions, diagrams, pictures, personal reports and testaments. If you read the thread, you will learn the stages of this as it's an ongoing successful experiment which just hit the halfway point.

Some of us have been searching for this very thing for 15-20 years or longer and all you need is to dedicate an hour of your time reading and you will come out of it educated on how this process works as time goes on, as well as encouraged by the reporting back of fellow members. One page was filled with them.

This works! I am pounding the table! This works, this works, this works!!! This should be the only thread running on this site. First few months are logging time. The next few it really starts but hard to really see without a camera. This is month 5 and it is now cosmetic. Visibly cosmetic. Brush you hair and say damn cosmetic. Here's your hair back. You will find it on page 1 through 35

drex1999

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay07 Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:06 am

drex1999 wrote:I see the study has disappeared but everything anyone needs to know is within this thread. Directions, diagrams, pictures, personal reports and testaments. If you read the thread, you will learn the stages of this as it's an ongoing successful experiment which just hit the halfway point.

Some of us have been searching for this very thing for 15-20 years or longer and all you need is to dedicate an hour of your time reading and you will come out of it educated on how this process works as time goes on, as well as encouraged by the reporting back of fellow members. One page was filled with them.

This works! I am pounding the table! This works, this works, this works!!! This should be the only thread running on this site. First few months are logging time. The next few it really starts but hard to really see without a camera. This is month 5 and it is now cosmetic. Visibly cosmetic. Brush you hair and say damn cosmetic. Here's your hair back. You will find it on page 1 through 35

Nice one Drexx! Are you still brushing everyday aswell or have you quit that?

Jay07

Back to top Go down

Post  drex1999 Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:16 am

Only a few minutes a day, as would be in a normal day's routine

drex1999

Back to top Go down

Post  mistermr Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:28 am

Hey drex, 5 months in are you still getting sebum debris when massaging?

mistermr

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:03 am

I can't believe you guys are so into this. I really hope this is it!  Very Happy 

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  drex1999 Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:23 pm

Does my scalp still get oily when doing this? Yes, some days more than others. I am going to try and describe one other thing and then I'm gone for another week or two like usual as not being here every day just lets it happen without thinking about it. If I was to take a picture, nobody would know what they were looking at

How the hair comes back.

About 5% of my new hair came in thick and terminal. All the rest came in one of two ways. Half came in pigmented but extremely thin so that you almost couldn't see it and then 3-4 weeks later thickened up. The other half came in like vellus hair that kept on growing, only starting to pigment after 1/4" of growth, leaving you with frosted tips.

I am(was) a good Norwood 2. From the back forward, it came in 1/4" of coverage at a time. I now have gained at least 1" of hair from the back forward so that now my hair is even with my sideburns. That new growth has at least 75% density. Almost unnoticeable now from remaining old growth hair. I can also see new hairs advancing ahead of my sideburns. It hasn't been like that longer than I can remember. My widow's peak running from my forehead back was about 2 1/2" wide. I have gained about a 1/2" on either side now, also at or over 75% density. The remaining open area is dotted with single strand hairs at about 5% density. They continue to come in but it has become obvious this is working from old growth hair outward.

The really simple explanation is this: Imagine your old growth remaining hair as a shadow. Once you get to month 3-4, that shadow will creep across your head at a rate of 1/4" every few weeks.

drex1999

Back to top Go down

Post  bananasinpajamas Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:04 pm

hi drex

i went through this thread. i didnt see any diagrams. a lot of links were broken.

from what i gather you basically knead and massage your head twice a day, 20 minutes at a time.

some people say you dig your fingers in your scalp. some people use their knuckles. did I get this right?

is anyone not experiencing any results?

bananasinpajamas

Back to top Go down

Post  bananasinpajamas Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:19 pm

reading through many threads im thinking that:

1. dermarolling
2. scalp peels
3. detumuscence

are treating (not curing as they do not address the root cause) MPB via the same way. all are causing superficial damage to areas surrounding the follicle causing an inflammatory response and growth factors to be released leading to hair growth.

bananasinpajamas

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:25 am

bananasinpajamas wrote:reading through many threads im thinking that:

1. dermarolling
2. scalp peels
3. detumuscence

are treating (not curing as they do not address the root cause) MPB via the same way. all are causing superficial damage to areas surrounding the follicle causing an inflammatory response and growth factors to be released leading to hair growth.
Your point is? I don't think it matters if we are treating or curing. If I get my hair back, I get my fucking hair back.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  bananasinpajamas Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:17 am

Calm down. Im not poo pooing your method and even if i was no one is stopping you from doing anything

Im just throwing out a hypothesis as to why these methods are producing some results

bananasinpajamas

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:02 pm

bananasinpajamas wrote:Calm down. Im not poo pooing your method and even if i was no one is stopping you from doing anything

Im just throwing out a hypothesis as to why these methods are producing some results

they produce results because they loosen your scalp/remove gunk to make normal bloodflow possible. but every method you mentioned works on a different size level, so they should best be combined to maximise results. base for every treatment should be detumescence, it's like an earthquake on your scalp breaking up solid ground next you go and work the pieces with dermarolling or brushing.

detumescence after 3 months really isn't "damaging" your scalp at all its just preventing it from getting rigid again and keep it nice and loose.

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  bananasinpajamas Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:20 pm

i have been reading this thread. is it the general consensus that sebum/dead skin is under the skin? between skin and bone? or that this gunk is in the pores.

have doctors who have studied balding scalps on cadavers mentioned any of this? for example costarelis who discovered elevated pgd2?

bananasinpajamas

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:41 pm

bananasinpajamas wrote:i have been reading this thread. is it the general consensus that sebum/dead skin is under the skin? between skin and bone? or that this gunk is in the pores.

have doctors who have studied balding scalps on cadavers mentioned any of this? for example costarelis who discovered elevated pgd2?

i'm not a doctor and i don't think that sebum is literally under the skin but i guess that due to the long time the skin was pulled tight it became compressed like the skin at the bottom up your feet. blood flow and movement is extremely constricted, this way sebum and dead skin gets mashed into the normal skin which slowly transforms into a fibrotic state.

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  unfortunate Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:38 am

bananasinpajamas wrote:hi guys im really interested in this. unfortunately the original link does not work anymore.

can someone post directions and protocol for this please?

im thinking this method is similar to needling. you are causing minor damage and causing hte body to release growth factors.

Maybe someone can make a guide for the rest of us to try out.

unfortunate

Back to top Go down

Post  abetz85 Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:25 pm

Just cause i knew something like this could happen one day, I have saved all the web page that regards the study. Sadly i didn't save the pictures but well... Better than nothigs no?  lol!  So, I don't know how to upload the file here but if someone can upload it here i will send it by email.

Happy hairs to everybody  Very Happy 

abetz85

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 41 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 31 ... 41  Next