Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Qwackcine horror show
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 12 EmptyYesterday at 4:11 am by TheOne

» AutoInjectors/PenInjectors for Peptides
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 30, 2024 9:28 am by CausticSymmetry

» Phloroglucinol Enhances Anagen Signaling and Alleviates H2O2-Induced Oxidative Stress in Human Dermal Papilla Cells
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 12 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 3:49 pm by shaftless

» Cell Therapy for Androgenetic Alopecia: Elixir or Trick?
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 12 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 2:03 pm by MikeGore

» Curcumin-zinc framework encapsulated microneedle patch for promoting hair growth
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 12 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 1:03 pm by Dudard

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 12 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 10:31 am by CausticSymmetry

» Pfizer being sued
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 12 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2024 4:32 am by CausticSymmetry

» Probiotics
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 7:51 am by CF

» Good deal on krill oil
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 6:33 am by CF

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

+109
CausticSymmetry
playmaker
helpmyhair1
Keanoseg
Jonoh
demgains77
element46
nicks
whodathunkit
deleteme
nvmmm
iuyyighghghgkh
goten574
jlj
nidhogge
RAptor
ANewHope
DeadlyDevice
Odysseus
nobodyknowsthetruth
darkknight
egodust
MrGalea
xyro
gbp2000
rob PHH
hairhat
Rob39
ngb
yup
TM1026
Younganddetermined
Slimnuts
dickadlop
CaptainGiggles
miki9
abetz85
bananasinpajamas
Colum
unfortunate
Growdamnit
Wlac89
hairyshowers
JamesDean
angstman
Xenon
lamka
lookalike
Hali-L
john walters
Shinobi
Jay07
chubbfrank
Misirlou
lutz
rogerd
turbojet
arnie
alphadelta
Thin in FL
Abyad
Biffy
Dannyboy
NYJets
pomme
CF
hiilikeyourbeard
NDW
stresssucks
Elephantor
vg
mistermr
bov51
JDawg
researchingeverything
rayl
hairisthickening
Joey Ramone
The Liberator
Manoko
gg4545
crysanthium
sanderson
BelieveInIt
Duketronix
Pumbaa
theseeker86
YAER
Grub
gingerbread
Live forever
jkj86
Complexx
invinoveritas
Hoppipolla
retrohair
tcpratt
sizzlinghairs
dudebro
bocor
mp
RisingFist
Hairy Potter
rofl
nzbalda
TNT
i_love_you
drex1999
113 posters

Page 12 of 41 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 41  Next

Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 12 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  Grub Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:48 pm

Congrats Drex!

I have been doing this for about 2 months and although it seems my temples are still receding I have noticed a huge improvement in hair quality. It no longer gets so greasy and my existing hair appears thicker and has greater coverage.

I have mixed feelings at this point but the fact that I have noticed my hair looks healthier is encouragement enough.

To those that haven't seen results after 2 or 3 months please stick to it, don't be discouraged by the rapid rate of success some are having!

Grub

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 12 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  drex1999 Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:55 pm

Grub, it is hard to keep track if you don't take pictures to mark progress. We are still early in to see big cosmetic results. I'm going to post a timeline for you and everyone because I think there is a tell if this is working for you.

Days 1-5 Major oil and grease when doing it. Scalp feels bruised, hard on the fingers.

Weeks 2-4 Scalp no longer bruised but should always feel mildly sensitive to touch by the time you're done if you're doing it right. Fingers accustomed, release of oil and grease continues

Month 1-2 noticeable lessening of grease release. Sure, some still comes out but not like before.

Here's where I think the tell is and it's the complete opposite of the study. I'm sure you all have noticed that your scalp is actually thinner in the areas of hair loss and thicker where you have hair. I could feel the transition with my fingers. Somewhere around the 2 month mark I started to notice the fatty under layer was returning to my problem area and it was becoming as thick as the scalp with hair. I think if I'm right and everyone is like I just described, once that fatty under layer returns, you have the keys to the city and all that's left is time for your hair to come back online.

drex1999

Back to top Go down

Post  bov51 Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:19 pm

drex1999 wrote:
Here's where I think the tell is and it's the complete opposite of the study. I'm sure you all have noticed that your scalp is actually thinner in the areas of hair loss and thicker where you have hair. I could feel the transition with my fingers.
I noticed this too

bov51

Back to top Go down

Post  Grub Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:28 pm

drex1999 wrote:Grub, it is hard to keep track if you don't take pictures to mark progress. We are still early in to see big cosmetic results. I'm going to post a timeline for you and everyone because I think there is a tell if this is working for you.

Days 1-5  Major oil and grease when doing it. Scalp feels bruised, hard on the fingers.

Weeks 2-4 Scalp no longer bruised but should always feel mildly sensitive to touch by the time you're done if you're doing it right. Fingers accustomed, release of oil and grease continues

Month 1-2 noticeable lessening of grease release. Sure, some still comes out but not like before.

Here's where I think the tell is and it's the complete opposite of the study. I'm sure you all have noticed that your scalp is actually thinner in the areas of hair loss and thicker where you have hair. I could feel the transition with my fingers. Somewhere around the 2 month mark I started to notice the fatty under layer was returning to my problem area and it was becoming as thick as the scalp with hair. I think if I'm right and everyone is like I just described, once that fatty under layer returns, you have the keys to the city and all that's left is time for your hair to come back online.

Cheers for the response.

I have a diffused style pattern of thinning where it started on the sides of my crown and has very slowly continued over parts of the top of my scalp. I discovered this very early on and still have most of my hair. It means I have to apply the technique all over the top of my scalp rather than just having a specific balding area to focus on.

That timeline seems pretty spot on to what I am experiencing.

Grub

Back to top Go down

Post  hiilikeyourbeard Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:30 pm

i think the more recent the loss the quicker results you'll have. that's been the case for me anyway
hiilikeyourbeard
hiilikeyourbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  drex1999 Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:47 pm

The study says that by the end of month 5, partial regrowth will be observed. So, even by my pics I just posted, those hairs just breaking through will take 2 months to become 1" long and be noticeable at the 5 month mark. All I can suggest to everyone is just stay the course. I believe we are entering the turning point.

drex1999

Back to top Go down

Post  Grub Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:56 pm

I love the positivity and encouragement of this thread.

Stick to it.

Grub

Back to top Go down

Post  hiilikeyourbeard Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:04 pm

i truly believe these manual methods are the cure. i thank you all for the info i have read on this website, without it i would be much much balder by now. thank you so much
hiilikeyourbeard
hiilikeyourbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  pomme Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:20 pm

Thank you for the answer. I wanted to add something, i eat raw since a few months now and the theory you bring makes so much sense for me. Because according to the raw food theory hair loss is due to lymph stagnation in head area which kills the cells because they cant throw their waste and they cant get the nutrients. Moving the scalp you move lymph and we know that lymph is a grease liquid, so thats normal to see it coming out of pores when massaging.

pomme

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:59 am

pomme wrote:Thank you for the answer. I wanted to add something, i eat raw since a few months now and the theory you bring makes so much sense for me. Because according to the raw food theory hair loss is due to lymph stagnation in head area which kills the cells because they cant throw their waste and they cant get the nutrients. Moving the scalp you move lymph and we know that lymph is a grease liquid, so thats normal to see it coming out of pores when massaging.

I don't agree with the whole "killing cell" part or whatever but hey.... It doesn't really matter what we really believe is the true cause anymore because we know what works now!
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  NYJets Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:19 am

hiilikeyourbeard wrote:just my experience.. but when I first started doing manual methods I head a major shed and went from a nw3 to nw4. in the recent months tho I have gone from nw4 - nw3 again with major improvement on baseline. so I'm headed toward nw2 and I couldn't be more happy about it. I feel this is the cure. for me anyway

What manual methods have you done and feel are the most helpful?
NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:19 am

i got a dermaroller and i noticed my head started bleeding a little.. for those of you guys doing it, is that OK? should that be the goal of doing it? i dont really have itch anymore.. but i still am noticing hair falling out... GRRR.. WORK Razz
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  YAER Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:09 pm

sanderson wrote:i got a dermaroller and i noticed my head started bleeding a little.. for those of you guys doing it, is that OK? should that be the goal of doing it? i dont really have itch anymore.. but i still am noticing hair falling out... GRRR.. WORK Razz

how are u faring with the copper? have u gotten a chance to test it? i would if i were u...

YAER

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:07 pm

YAER wrote:
sanderson wrote:i got a dermaroller and i noticed my head started bleeding a little.. for those of you guys doing it, is that OK? should that be the goal of doing it? i dont really have itch anymore.. but i still am noticing hair falling out... GRRR.. WORK Razz

how are u faring with the copper? have u gotten a chance to test it? i would if i were u...

You're experiencing extra loss? You're supposed to go thru a shed period before your hair follicles start to cycle correctly.... Also, YES... The objective is to wound your head and promote angiogenesis.

Small needles that just induce redness are just for increased absorption.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Elephantor Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:55 pm

Could you tell me how long have you been using the dermaroller...?

Elephantor

Back to top Go down

Post  drex1999 Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:51 pm

Before anyone gets confused, you do not need a dermaroller for detumescence. The results we seem to be getting come solely from your fingers

drex1999

Back to top Go down

Post  gg4545 Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:24 pm

Drex1999 where'd you get the violet ray and what did you spend on it??

gg4545

Back to top Go down

Post  drex1999 Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:56 pm

I got a used one off ebay for $175 two years ago and it did net me mild results. That said, what I believe I am seeing with detumescence appears to far outpace the ray and my use of the ray has been put on hold some time ago to give this experiment a fair trial. I suggest at this point to just let our little experiment here run it's course first before you buy anything. If you have read the past couple of pages, numerous people believe this is working for them. We have just ended month 3 if they started when this thread was started. The first milestone in this experiment is the halfway point at the end of month 5, 2 months from now at the end of February. I believe at that point we can be certain what is needed or not needed and where we go from there. I am far from an expert so my advice can only come from my past and present experience. That advice is to get your fingers into your scalp and get on this train right here, right now. It may be all you need.

drex1999

Back to top Go down

Post  gg4545 Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:24 am

While I do believe this is the gold everyone thinks it is I thought about the mean time and accelerating the results. I think that its a hell of an Idea that you stopped everything for this experiment. I feel that I can kinda kitchen sink my approach because im not the name on the forum giving everyone hope. You and duke are the guys who have the pics up, answer the questions and give everyone the push to keep going. I just want natural results under just about any combination I have to mix together. Fwiw I enjoy reading your posts and put alot of stock in your suggestions

gg4545

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:32 am

drex1999 wrote:I got a used one off ebay for $175 two years ago and it did net me mild results. That said, what I believe I am seeing with detumescence appears to far outpace the ray and my use of the ray has been put on hold some time ago to give this experiment a fair trial. I suggest at this point to just let our little experiment here run it's course first before you buy anything. If you have read the past couple of pages, numerous people believe this is working for them. We have just ended month 3 if they started when this thread was started. The first milestone in this experiment is the halfway point at the end of month 5, 2 months from now at the end of February. I believe at that point we can be certain what is needed or not needed and where we go from there. I am far from an expert so my advice can only come from my past and present experience. That advice is to get your fingers into your scalp and get on this train right here, right now. It may be all you need.

DREXX would you let me pay you so you can make a video for us all? I'd really appreciate that brother. Some guys just can't pick up on the written explanation and rather play it safe.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:38 am

drex1999 wrote:I got a used one off ebay for $175 two years ago and it did net me mild results. That said, what I believe I am seeing with detumescence appears to far outpace the ray and my use of the ray has been put on hold some time ago to give this experiment a fair trial. I suggest at this point to just let our little experiment here run it's course first before you buy anything. If you have read the past couple of pages, numerous people believe this is working for them. We have just ended month 3 if they started when this thread was started. The first milestone in this experiment is the halfway point at the end of month 5, 2 months from now at the end of February. I believe at that point we can be certain what is needed or not needed and where we go from there. I am far from an expert so my advice can only come from my past and present experience. That advice is to get your fingers into your scalp and get on this train right here, right now. It may be all you need.

I seriously think that your lack of results came from not having a loose enough scalp. I don't think Maliniaks massage works wonderfully on everyone tbh. I think since your scalp is nice and loose at the moment the violet ray would work wonders for you.... But I do agree that you should stick to the experiment alone first.. I'm with you on that.

Btw: it looks like your temple(s) are already completely filled with vellus/intermediate/terminal hair & little upcoming hairs, would you agree? That's what it looks like from the last pic you posted.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:18 pm

My scalp is starting to feel like a Nerf ball. It's really strange, but in a good way!

CF

Back to top Go down

Post   Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:18 pm

Drex have you stopped doing the Maliniak/galea massage whilst you trial this, as well? Props on taking a break from the violet ray to test this properly, even though it was working for you.

My health has been really bad this year, so I've not been able to get into the manual stuff. When I have had the chance, this massage really takes its toll on my fingers, hands and arms.

One thing I have tried is using my mid-knuckles to massage instead, and it is a bit easier to get some force down. I tried it on my hairline and it turned a deep red to the point where I thought I had burst blood vessels, but apparently not. Then I managed to squeeze a vein on my temples and it felt freaky and scared me a bit. Knuckles slip a bit more than fingertips and you can't feel the skin folding up around them so much. For now I am thinking of using fingers for my hairline and sides, then knuckles for the top so I can really give it some welly. Mainly just squeezing my two hands together, sometimes close, sometimes on either side of my scalp.

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:44 am

YAER wrote:

yes i did add in the copper. i'm taking a 2mg dose. do you believe it is enough?

@complexx yes, i do know that. i just hope the regrowth comes. things are not looking good. but i do have good before/after pics. my temples are what is bothering me the most. i have a feeling cannabis oil will get me regrowth, but i ran out, but will making a huge order enough to give it a fair trial. but i cannot lie, the itching has gone down consideribly.

someone asked how long ive been dermarolling for.. not long, only about 4 or 5 days now. my scalp is incredibly loose. i will be so happy if this works. i am basically scrunching my scalp 10 mins in am, 10 mins in pm, in all ways, and i do tom hagetery exercises as well. PRAyiNG FOR HAIR. Very Happy
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:17 pm

has anyone been able to do anything special with temples? my one temple is getting DESTROYED damn, i need some work on it. i'm scrunching it a lot, im hoping a shed.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 41 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 41  Next