Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Qwackcine horror show
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 4:11 am by TheOne

» AutoInjectors/PenInjectors for Peptides
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 16 EmptySun Jun 30, 2024 9:28 am by CausticSymmetry

» Phloroglucinol Enhances Anagen Signaling and Alleviates H2O2-Induced Oxidative Stress in Human Dermal Papilla Cells
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 16 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 3:49 pm by shaftless

» Cell Therapy for Androgenetic Alopecia: Elixir or Trick?
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 16 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 2:03 pm by MikeGore

» Curcumin-zinc framework encapsulated microneedle patch for promoting hair growth
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 16 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 1:03 pm by Dudard

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 16 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 10:31 am by CausticSymmetry

» Pfizer being sued
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 16 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2024 4:32 am by CausticSymmetry

» Probiotics
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 16 EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 7:51 am by CF

» Good deal on krill oil
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 16 EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 6:33 am by CF

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

+109
CausticSymmetry
playmaker
helpmyhair1
Keanoseg
Jonoh
demgains77
element46
nicks
whodathunkit
deleteme
nvmmm
iuyyighghghgkh
goten574
jlj
nidhogge
RAptor
ANewHope
DeadlyDevice
Odysseus
nobodyknowsthetruth
darkknight
egodust
MrGalea
xyro
gbp2000
rob PHH
hairhat
Rob39
ngb
yup
TM1026
Younganddetermined
Slimnuts
dickadlop
CaptainGiggles
miki9
abetz85
bananasinpajamas
Colum
unfortunate
Growdamnit
Wlac89
hairyshowers
JamesDean
angstman
Xenon
lamka
lookalike
Hali-L
john walters
Shinobi
Jay07
chubbfrank
Misirlou
lutz
rogerd
turbojet
arnie
alphadelta
Thin in FL
Abyad
Biffy
Dannyboy
NYJets
pomme
CF
hiilikeyourbeard
NDW
stresssucks
Elephantor
vg
mistermr
bov51
JDawg
researchingeverything
rayl
hairisthickening
Joey Ramone
The Liberator
Manoko
gg4545
crysanthium
sanderson
BelieveInIt
Duketronix
Pumbaa
theseeker86
YAER
Grub
gingerbread
Live forever
jkj86
Complexx
invinoveritas
Hoppipolla
retrohair
tcpratt
sizzlinghairs
dudebro
bocor
mp
RisingFist
Hairy Potter
rofl
nzbalda
TNT
i_love_you
drex1999
113 posters

Page 16 of 41 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 41  Next

Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 16 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  BelieveInIt Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:36 pm

rogerd wrote:It seems that most of the guys claiming success with manual methods are also undergoing LLLT. Seems feasible that LLLT is the primary reason for a cessation of loss and regrowth in some and that the massage etc is doing very little if nothing at all ?

i don't do LLLT or Violet Ray since i think that THIS does actually very little. maybe in addition to detumescence but the physical breaking of hardened tissue can't be beat, it clears the way for everything else be it brushing, topicals or LLLT.

i'm not a big fan of anything i have to apply or sit under, makes the routine for me too complicated, time consuming and i don't want to have the feeling I depend on all this crap my entire life. i'd rather shave then.

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 16 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  theseeker86 Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:07 pm

rogerd wrote:It seems that most of the guys claiming success with manual methods are also undergoing LLLT. Seems feasible that LLLT is the primary reason for a cessation of loss and regrowth in some and that the massage etc is doing very little if nothing at all ?

Thats what im starting to think as well, that the lasers are needed for this.

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:22 am

theseeker86 wrote:

why are you starting to think that?

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:51 am

stresssucks wrote:
theseeker86 wrote:

why are you starting to think that?

I'm pretty sure there is not one person using LLLT.... It's either violet ray or nothing electronic. DREXX isn't using anything electronic at the moment from my understanding.... But I know the violet ray gave him good results.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:52 am

They both work like a hand in glove though.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  NYJets Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:26 pm

Hey guys I'm using both LLLT helmet and Scalp Pinching and Pulling. My hair is shedding like crazy and I am having white flakes and dandruff material come down often. When I first started I could barely touch my scalp without being in pain, even still I get some pain at the upper back of my head crown area if it has been a few days. Not sure what to make of any of this just the other day about 25 hairs came down in front of my pc on the glass desk with barely running my hands through.
NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:29 pm

sounds like crazy inflammation. fix your diet.

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Post  drex1999 Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:17 pm

You do not need anything! No violet ray, no LLT, no dermaroller, no propecia, minoxinil, herbs, diet, vitamins or lotion.

You need a few fingers and some patience. This works on it's own and continues to amaze me each week now. Throw all that other shit away.

On a side note, the only person I ever saw try to decipher the action that made the violet ray grow hair concluded in his opinion that the electrical charges coming off the ray made the arrector pili muscles in the hair follicle contract. What would that do? Contracting muscles in the hair follicle would force crud out of it, the precise action we are inducing by hand.

In 3 1/2 months, I have gained hair 50 fold doing this with my fingers over what the violet ray did for me in 2 1/2 years and I was a solid proponent for the ray until this method surpassed it with flying colors

All these years and the method to regrow hair was the simplest thing to possibly do. It's also easy to see how and why it got lost in the shuffle reading all the posts from people who can't grasp this. The study is in the first page of this post. Read it. It works on it's own.

drex1999

Back to top Go down

Post  drex1999 Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:26 pm

Taken Sunday. Aside from the small hairs breaking through, see all the hair at the top of the picture that is thinner than other hairs? All new. All at the temple, the hardest place to regrow hair. All done without any other influence or machine. Only my fingers in 3 1/2 months and there is more new hair than shown but this zoom level works best to see.

This is my right temple. My original hairline is the bottom of the picture. The new hairs started filling in from the back moving forward and now as you can see, the last open space has begun to grow hair with 6 1/2 months to go in what is described in the study as over 90% regrowth in all participants at 10 months. At this point, it is not only conceivable, but hard to see how it could not happen.

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 16 00110

drex1999

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:44 pm

very motivating as always drex, thank you.

i'm 2 months behind you and got quite similar results with the vellus hair still smaller than yours. it's just so obvious that things are about to change, the whole hairline area started regrowing and sprung alive.

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:14 pm

one interesting thing:

recently i noticed i started losing hair at the sides and the back when running my hand through it with much less effort and grip than i need to pull them from the top (they actually became super sturdy on top).

i had the idea that this maybe might be caused by shifting nutrients and bloodflow more to the top so the sides and back are getting less.
i don't see this as a problem bc i have too much hair in those regions anyway.

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  arnie Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:15 pm

Looks promising, drex!

After doing this a few days(using 5 mins twice a day) I've noticed the following:
- Scalp tension is considerably less.
- The top of my scalp(where I'm losing hair) is no longer sensitive to pressure.
- The massaging seems to redistribute the oils from the scalp up the hair shaft, making my hair look much thicker(I'll keep doing it for this alone).

arnie

Back to top Go down

Post  NYJets Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:09 pm

stresssucks wrote:sounds like crazy inflammation. fix your diet.

LOL It's definitely not my diet but thanks. It's a shed.
NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

Post  Dannyboy Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:28 pm

Drex,
Are you still doing the Maliniak massage as well?

Dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:02 pm

NYJets wrote:Hey guys I'm using both LLLT helmet and Scalp Pinching and Pulling. My hair is shedding like crazy and I am having white flakes and dandruff material come down often. When I first started I could barely touch my scalp without being in pain, even still I get some pain at the upper back of my head crown area if it has been a few days. Not sure what to make of any of this just the other day about 25 hairs came down in front of my pc on the glass desk with barely running my hands through.

You're going through a shed... Keep it up. Try to get your hands on some Emu oil if you can.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  lutz Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:50 am

I decided to give this a shot, especially on the tighter frontal areas with diffuse thinning.

With the hair I still have, it was difficult to gain any traction and even begin to pinch or pull this area. However, I used a fine-tooth comb to really grab one part of the scalp and from there it was possible to squeeze and pinch with my fingers from opposing directions. The comb was a painful when pressing but it felt like a positive pain.

Any reason I should be overly concerned using the comb for grip? I can't really prod the area without that tool.

At any rate, the veins in my temples were throbbing last night after about 5 minutes and I woke up this morning with my hair looking terrible because it is standing straight up so you can see a lot more scalp especially in the wrong light. I still look at this as promising as it does seem that this stubborn hair standing up straight is a sign of reawakened pilli and better blood flow.

lutz

Back to top Go down

Post  dudebro Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:05 am

http://www.babycenter.com/404_when-will-the-hair-on-my-babys-head-start-growing-in_10007.bc

check out the above site.. many interesting posts from parents explaining the timeframe of how their babies' hair grew in and also cases where hair was present at birth but fell out etc etc

I still feel like we are missing something else but I just dont know. I do have tons of peach fuzz but its been like that for a month now.. gotta keep going i guess

dudebro

Back to top Go down

Post  lutz Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:52 am

That's interesting dudebro. With so many of my friends having kids from 1-5 years old I've noticed that hair populates last in the problem areas that come back later in life. So many 3 year old boys and girls with sparse crown coverage and thin temples. I think it just adds to the idea that no matter what the actual cause may be almost any health issue that is going to present at head hair will likely present in these areas first because these areas are the most difficult for the human body to get hair growing.

This observation for me also lends credibility to the metabolic theory in regards to hair loss. Hair growth begins in a strong metabolic environment, and goes berserk during puberty often producing hilarious juvenile hairlines which generally fade as puberty ends and then it might go all down hill from there.

I think this also explains one main reason why hair loss is less prevalent in women. Most women do get pregnant at some point and in this sense they can achieve a hormonal storm of hyper metabolic activity at a later point in life. It is well documented that many women will experience thicker hair growth during pregnancy and that this thickness does revert. However, what is unaccounted for are the protective or delaying effects this process could have on further hair loss. My pubescent metabolism protected my hair for a good 12 years even after my juvenile hairline came and went.

lutz

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:32 am

Hair transplants (from the safe zone) thrives in the baldest of areas - how come?

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:39 am

The study says to massage bald areas. You guys are massaging your entire head?

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:51 am

dudebro wrote:http://www.babycenter.com/404_when-will-the-hair-on-my-babys-head-start-growing-in_10007.bc

check out the above site.. many interesting posts from parents explaining the timeframe of how their babies' hair grew in and also cases where hair was present at birth but fell out etc etc

I still feel like we are missing something else but I just dont know. I do have tons of peach fuzz but its been like that for a month now.. gotta keep going i guess

You know hairs can take 1-4 months to cycle, right? One month is nothing. How long have you been doing this for?
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  dudebro Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:06 pm

Complexx wrote:

You know hairs can take 1-4 months to cycle, right? One month is nothing. How long have you been doing this for?

I have been massaging since Sep 20 so I just finished 4 months I guess.

I have been using LLLT since Sep 7th, started off doing 3days a week for 12min a day and since the past month I have been doing it 6 days a week for 30min a day.

I have been using rogaine consistently for the most part since November 2012. (before that 5 years consistently and stopped cold turkey June 2012-November 2012)

It was getting better around March 2013 and suddenly sheds started and its essentially no change other than very fine, peach fuzz growth everywhere (not visible unless you look really hard). I can not make much sense out of it to be honest.. Sometimes its good, sometimes its bad.. I have no idea, kind of just waiting to see what happens.

dudebro

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:00 pm

dudebro wrote:
Complexx wrote:

I have been massaging since Sep 20 so I just finished 4 months I guess.

I have been using LLLT since Sep 7th, started off doing 3days a week for 12min a day and since the past month I have been doing it 6 days a week for 30min a day.

I have been using rogaine consistently for the most part since November 2012. (before that 5 years consistently and stopped cold turkey June 2012-November 2012)

It was getting better around March 2013 and suddenly sheds started and its essentially no change other than very fine, peach fuzz growth everywhere (not visible unless you look really hard). I can not make much sense out of it to be honest.. Sometimes its good, sometimes its bad.. I have no idea, kind of just waiting to see what happens.

4 months in is pretty border line... Sounds good to me tbh. You're saying that you have vellum hair (that wasn't present before) all over your hairline, temples, bald areas? Btw what NW are you & how long have you been banding? I remember you said since age 16? How old are you now? Sorry for forgetting & being lazy bro... I'm currently fighting an annoying flu at the moment and I honestly feel like a properly packaged 24 pack of band aids located in the pampers section of a Walmart store located by a gas station on a highway. It's bad. That didn't make sense at all but... THAT'S how bad it is lol. It's so bad it's stupid.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  drex1999 Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:32 pm

I am only doing the thinning areas. No Maliniak either. Once this has played itself out months from now, I intend to change to a whole head daily exercise as a maintenance regime.

drex1999

Back to top Go down

Post  rogerd Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:48 pm

Like others, my fingers are pretty sore after short stints of detumesence. If this is largely about pushing hard/deep into the scalp, surely there must be some useful massage devices that could assist with this ? I'm thinking maybe those massage balls that have pointy ends.

Furthermore, there is lots of talk about a tight scalp being implicated in MPB. My scalp is still tight to the point where I can't pinch most of it. What are some thoughts on the best way to loosen the scalp through massage our other means ??

rogerd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 41 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 41  Next