Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Qwackcine horror show
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2024 4:11 am by TheOne

» AutoInjectors/PenInjectors for Peptides
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 9 EmptySun Jun 30, 2024 9:28 am by CausticSymmetry

» Phloroglucinol Enhances Anagen Signaling and Alleviates H2O2-Induced Oxidative Stress in Human Dermal Papilla Cells
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 3:49 pm by shaftless

» Cell Therapy for Androgenetic Alopecia: Elixir or Trick?
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 2:03 pm by MikeGore

» Curcumin-zinc framework encapsulated microneedle patch for promoting hair growth
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 9 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 1:03 pm by Dudard

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 9 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 10:31 am by CausticSymmetry

» Pfizer being sued
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2024 4:32 am by CausticSymmetry

» Probiotics
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 9 EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 7:51 am by CF

» Good deal on krill oil
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 9 EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 6:33 am by CF

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

+109
CausticSymmetry
playmaker
helpmyhair1
Keanoseg
Jonoh
demgains77
element46
nicks
whodathunkit
deleteme
nvmmm
iuyyighghghgkh
goten574
jlj
nidhogge
RAptor
ANewHope
DeadlyDevice
Odysseus
nobodyknowsthetruth
darkknight
egodust
MrGalea
xyro
gbp2000
rob PHH
hairhat
Rob39
ngb
yup
TM1026
Younganddetermined
Slimnuts
dickadlop
CaptainGiggles
miki9
abetz85
bananasinpajamas
Colum
unfortunate
Growdamnit
Wlac89
hairyshowers
JamesDean
angstman
Xenon
lamka
lookalike
Hali-L
john walters
Shinobi
Jay07
chubbfrank
Misirlou
lutz
rogerd
turbojet
arnie
alphadelta
Thin in FL
Abyad
Biffy
Dannyboy
NYJets
pomme
CF
hiilikeyourbeard
NDW
stresssucks
Elephantor
vg
mistermr
bov51
JDawg
researchingeverything
rayl
hairisthickening
Joey Ramone
The Liberator
Manoko
gg4545
crysanthium
sanderson
BelieveInIt
Duketronix
Pumbaa
theseeker86
YAER
Grub
gingerbread
Live forever
jkj86
Complexx
invinoveritas
Hoppipolla
retrohair
tcpratt
sizzlinghairs
dudebro
bocor
mp
RisingFist
Hairy Potter
rofl
nzbalda
TNT
i_love_you
drex1999
113 posters

Page 9 of 41 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 25 ... 41  Next

Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 9 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  Complexx Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:05 pm

Well for my top and back I just place the palm of my hands on the sides of my head and just push up... It loosens the top and back up fairly well... I'd pay someone to do a video on this pinching thing... I bet it will work great for the temples areas. BTW slowmoes strap is theoretically supposed to do everything we're talking about on here and leave it in that position for a while... Pretty excited to use the damn thing.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 9 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  YAER Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:13 pm

Complexx wrote:
YAER wrote:hey guys, iv been doing manuals for a while now and every time i do it my hair gets a hit for a few days and returns back to original density when i stop doing them. I do scalp scrunches and have loosened my scalp by 500% maybe. The thinning of hair is also accompanied by tingles and itching, which are all signs of miniaturization.

Also signs of blood flow being restored. Relax and ride it out man. Try to be patient.

I will, i really believe that this theory has much merit to it and i hope it will work on me. Thanks man.

YAER

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Ramone Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:43 pm

YAER wrote:hey guys, iv been doing manuals for a while now and every time i do it my hair gets a hit for a few days and returns back to original density when i stop doing them. I do scalp scrunches and have loosened my scalp by 500% maybe. The thinning of hair is also accompanied by tingles and itching, which are all signs of miniaturization.

Dude, next time you get that feeling, try tilting your head back a bit and pressing your scalp up from the sides of your head, just above the ears. Hope that makes sense. Generally eases the feeling for me.

Joey Ramone

Back to top Go down

Post  Live forever Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:21 am

"The thinning of hair is also accompanied by tingles and itching, which are all signs of miniaturization."

I don't agree these things are all signs of miniaturization at all.
It's an over simplification that will spread fear.

The itching and tingles thing that gets brought up comes with mixed opinions
on what it's an effect of.

People who are dermarolling are complaining of itchy and tingly feelings.
To me, as long as it isn't too extreme, I'd see itching and tingling as
effects of healing in this case. when I was younger, cuts and scabs I'd get
would itch and tingle during healing.

I hear complaints of itching-tingling scalp in women.

Bacteria, inflammation, Dry skin - dry scalp especially viable from
all the lotions and potions people use.

Stress - I wonder how much itching and tingling can be the
result of stressing over the itching/tingling/hairloss.

When I noticed I started losing temple hair was a time when I was
constantly wearing hats when working out, jogging etc and
my temple region became inflamed with itchy spots that would
never go, no matter how many anti-itch potions I used.
My whole scalp was itchy, especially the top.

Cool water rinses and precautions when exercising
helped, as did massaging my scalp on the sides
and top - vigorously at times as well. I

As I noticed the itching start to fade, so
my stress faded... and wow --- what a feeling
it was to overcome something I was beginning
to lose hope of beating.

Live forever
Live forever

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:26 am

Are these mini scrunches specifically what the study says to do? We all agree on that? Hands pushing against each other with some scalp skin in the middle?

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:44 am

Live forever wrote:"The thinning of hair is also accompanied by tingles and itching, which are all signs of miniaturization."

I don't agree these things are all signs of miniaturization at all.
It's an over simplification that will spread fear.

The itching and tingles thing that gets brought up comes with mixed opinions
on what it's an effect of.

People who are dermarolling are complaining of itchy and tingly feelings.
To me, as long as it isn't too extreme, I'd see itching and tingling as
effects of healing in this case. when I was younger, cuts and scabs I'd get
would itch and tingle during healing.

I hear complaints of itching-tingling scalp in women.

Bacteria, inflammation, Dry skin - dry scalp especially viable from
all the lotions and potions people use.

Stress - I wonder how much itching and tingling can be the
result of stressing over the itching/tingling/hairloss.

When I noticed I started losing temple hair was a time when I was
constantly wearing hats when working out, jogging etc and
my temple region became inflamed with itchy spots that would
never go, no matter how many anti-itch potions I used.
My whole scalp was itchy, especially the top.

Cool water rinses and precautions when exercising
helped, as did massaging my scalp on the sides
and top - vigorously at times as well. I

As I noticed the itching start to fade, so
my stress faded... and wow --- what a feeling
it was to overcome something I was beginning
to lose hope of beating.

Actually the main objective of Dermarolling (wounding) is to induce inflammation and so that's why people complain about those things. Overproduction/accumulation of DHT= all of the things that YAER is talking about (inflammation) I agree with the things you're saying though... Stress can also be a HUGE factor, but I just wanted to throw that out there is no confusion.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  mistermr Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:39 am

Something I tried today was using emu and coconut oil while doing the massage and boy did it clean out a bunch of gunk from my scalp. I think doing this every so often will make this therapy more effective for deep cleaning the scalp while also providing direct nutrients.

mistermr

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:47 am

mistermr wrote:Something I tried today was using emu and coconut oil while doing the massage and boy did it clean out a bunch of gunk from my scalp. I think doing this every so often will make this therapy more effective for deep cleaning the scalp while also providing direct nutrients.

Oh yea... Do it while hanging backwards from your bed too! (inversion)
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:37 pm

do u guys think this wud have any effect on dandruff? i cannot xonyrol dandruff at all.. it is drivig me crazy
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:40 am

I started massaging my receeding spots while driving this week. I had a hair randomly pop up in the middle of it.

Kind of cool.

I wonder if this is having any effect on the other parts of my head? I.E. thickening or preventing thinning of the areas that still have hair?

While massing my scalp I am amazed at how oily it is. After I use the regenepure shampoo the oil is gone, but only for a day. I wonder if I should wash every day.

Got a pimple on my scalp too in these spots. I get pimples when my fingers touch my face for long periods of time usually, so not unexpected.

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:32 am

Has anyone gotten numb finger tips from all this pressing/kneading? My left ring finger tip is kind of numb lol. Or maybe it could be from lifting weights putting strain on my wrists..

Anyways, anyone get any numbness in finger tips from all the pressing?

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:36 am

No one with numbness in finger tips?

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Ramone Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:16 am

Nothing that lasts, man. Just hurts my forearms now if anything.  My scalp's stopped feeling sunburnt afterwards and now comes out feeling kinda refreshed.  My hair's looking good too, not greasy the day after like when I first started... That could be the move to a cooler, more humid climate though.

Last edited by Joey Ramone on Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Joey Ramone

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:16 am

sizzlinghairs wrote:No one with numbness in finger tips?

Sounds like a blood flow problem to me man. I had bad posture and used to experience something similar when talking on the phone for long periods of time. I would hold the phone up to my ear with one arm and experience numbness by my thumb and some other parts of my hand/fingers. Now that my posture is being corrected I'm barely experiencing that. My take ob this is Structural imbalance= tight muscles= vascular compression (?) = compromised blood circulation.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:49 am

I also have these big
Bulky joints in my fingers. Larger than normal
I believe. When I press they get locked up and such. Maybe it's my anatomy
Impinging the nerve? I rlly had a lot of hope in this therapy
So I hope I don't have to deal with complications...

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  mp Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:52 am

why not just use any type of object you can find in your house instead of using your fingers to press down?

after the pinching and moving around your scalp you should be able to just press down with what ever you can find, I would assume end results are the same and you wouldn't have to put pressure on your hands if you are having issues with it.

mp

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:11 am

funny u say that. I have been trying different things, looking for stuff that has a grip, cuz the scalp can get oily and slippery.

Nothing really does the trick the same as the fingers though. Any ideas for some kind of tool to do this?

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  YAER Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:14 am

sizzlinghairs wrote:funny u say that. I have been trying different things, looking for stuff that has a grip, cuz the scalp can get oily and slippery.

Nothing really does the trick the same as the fingers though. Any ideas for some kind of tool to do this?

a towel is the best, use a soft one though...

YAER

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 am

No, what I mean is a tool to get that same pinpoint pinching massage, like pushing togther with fingertips with little bit of skin in middle pushed up..

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  mp Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:59 pm

For the pinching part if you use both hands to push the skin together it shouldn't put as much pressure on your fingers. I say this because I have wrist injuries in both hands so I pretty much cannot do this for long periods of time. The pinching part I find works fine for me with two hands, but most of the pain is from trying to put pressure on my scalp with my fingers. So for that part I just use anything that's in front of me that I can use to push down on my scalp.

mp

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:19 am

This is making me realize how oily my scalp is. I've read things about vitamin A helping with that. But I eat tons of sweet potatoes and carrots.

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:24 am

Wide toothed wooden comb.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  Grub Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:11 pm

When you guys pinch the skin as such do you hold it for a great deal of time or just a few seconds and move on?

Grub

Back to top Go down

Post  drex1999 Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:53 pm

I looked at it as a question of "what is this doing?" Squeezing grease out is obvious to anyone who has tried it. The other things I can think of is inducing blood flow, breaking up fibrosis and stretching the skin. No matter what I am doing, from moving the skin back and forth against itself, circles, folding it up, I always do it hard and fast, continually replanting my fingers over the area in question as I go. As for skin folding on it's own, basically banging my fingertips together a couple of times with the skin between them and I move a half inch over and do it again. It seems to get the most torque on the skin and I am seeing results. No question.

drex1999

Back to top Go down

Post  Manoko Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:03 am

drex1999 wrote:I looked at it as a question of "what is this doing?" Squeezing grease out is obvious to anyone who has tried it. The other things I can think of is inducing blood flow, breaking up fibrosis and stretching the skin. No matter what I am doing, from moving the skin back and forth against itself, circles, folding it up, I always do it hard and fast, continually replanting my fingers over the area in question as I go. As for skin folding on it's own, basically banging my fingertips together a couple of times with the skin between them and I move a half inch over and do it again. It seems to get the most torque on the skin and I am seeing results. No question.

And by "seeing results", what do you mean exactly ?
Can you please talk more about it ?

Manoko

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 41 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 25 ... 41  Next