Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Qwackcine horror show
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2024 4:11 am by TheOne

» AutoInjectors/PenInjectors for Peptides
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 14 EmptySun Jun 30, 2024 9:28 am by CausticSymmetry

» Phloroglucinol Enhances Anagen Signaling and Alleviates H2O2-Induced Oxidative Stress in Human Dermal Papilla Cells
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 14 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 3:49 pm by shaftless

» Cell Therapy for Androgenetic Alopecia: Elixir or Trick?
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 14 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 2:03 pm by MikeGore

» Curcumin-zinc framework encapsulated microneedle patch for promoting hair growth
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 1:03 pm by Dudard

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 10:31 am by CausticSymmetry

» Pfizer being sued
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 14 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2024 4:32 am by CausticSymmetry

» Probiotics
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 14 EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 7:51 am by CF

» Good deal on krill oil
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 14 EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 6:33 am by CF

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

+109
CausticSymmetry
playmaker
helpmyhair1
Keanoseg
Jonoh
demgains77
element46
nicks
whodathunkit
deleteme
nvmmm
iuyyighghghgkh
goten574
jlj
nidhogge
RAptor
ANewHope
DeadlyDevice
Odysseus
nobodyknowsthetruth
darkknight
egodust
MrGalea
xyro
gbp2000
rob PHH
hairhat
Rob39
ngb
yup
TM1026
Younganddetermined
Slimnuts
dickadlop
CaptainGiggles
miki9
abetz85
bananasinpajamas
Colum
unfortunate
Growdamnit
Wlac89
hairyshowers
JamesDean
angstman
Xenon
lamka
lookalike
Hali-L
john walters
Shinobi
Jay07
chubbfrank
Misirlou
lutz
rogerd
turbojet
arnie
alphadelta
Thin in FL
Abyad
Biffy
Dannyboy
NYJets
pomme
CF
hiilikeyourbeard
NDW
stresssucks
Elephantor
vg
mistermr
bov51
JDawg
researchingeverything
rayl
hairisthickening
Joey Ramone
The Liberator
Manoko
gg4545
crysanthium
sanderson
BelieveInIt
Duketronix
Pumbaa
theseeker86
YAER
Grub
gingerbread
Live forever
jkj86
Complexx
invinoveritas
Hoppipolla
retrohair
tcpratt
sizzlinghairs
dudebro
bocor
mp
RisingFist
Hairy Potter
rofl
nzbalda
TNT
i_love_you
drex1999
113 posters

Page 14 of 41 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 41  Next

Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 14 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  sizzlinghairs Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:11 am

Can anyone think of a tool that could accomplish scalp pinching?

Ive been racking my brain but cant come up with anything... My damn fingertips are going numb and its got me concerned, seems no one else experiencing this but me.. Sad

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 14 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  Dannyboy Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:24 am

For how long/how many times we should "pinch" each certain point at the scalp? how many sessions - or one time to cover the scalp should be enough?
Should it be done with the thumb and the index finger?
What about the muscles where the Galea attached - like in the Maliniak method - should they get covered and pinched too?

Dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:41 am

sizzlinghairs wrote:Can anyone think of a tool that could accomplish scalp pinching?

Ive been racking my brain but cant come up with anything... My damn fingertips are going numb and its got me concerned, seems no one else experiencing this but me.. Sad

My fingers don't like it either but there aren't any negative effects. I am trying to grow out my fingernails and the one finger where the nail is attaching higher is the nail I was worried about, i.e. my index finger. Something I've been doing of late is using my left hand (index and thumb) to increase the strength of the pinch, which I am only able to do with my right hand (index and thumb).

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  RisingFist Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:16 am

stresssucks wrote:
RisingFist wrote:wow that's loose. You started dermarolling too right? I read castor oil with vitamin b12 is a good alternative to minox. See in a month or two if you get improvement. Now that the environment is better, you will probably start getting regrowth soon.

Where can i get more information about the castor oil + b12 combo? Would be good to apply after dermaroll like in that minox study?

Vitamin B12 Activates the Wnt-Pathway in Human Hair Follicle Cells by Induction of B-Catenin and Inhibition of Glycogensynthase Kinase-3 Transcription

Concomitantly the amounts of GSK-3 were significantly reduced after stimulation with 25 ug/ml vitamin B12 (fold change compared to DMEM: 0.76 u 0.12, p < 0.05). Conclusions: Our data demonstrate a hair growth promoting effect of vitamin B12 in vitro. This effect is accompanied by the modulation of intracellular signal transduction molecules of the wnt-pathway and might promote hair growth after micrograft transplantation.
Besides upping wnt, notice what else b12 does? it significantly inhibit transcription of GSK3. You know what GSK3 is in relation to hair growth? Inhibiting it significantly enhances hair growth:

http://www.google.com/patents/WO2002066480A2

GSK3 phosphorylates and degrades β-catenin. β-catenin is an effector of the pathway for keratonin synthese. β-catenin stabilisation may be lead to increase hair development. Mice expressing a stabilised β-catenin by mutation of sites phosphorylated by GSK3 undergo a process resembling de novo hair morphogenesis (Gat et al., Cell 1998 Nov 25;95 (5):605- 14)). The new follicles formed sebaceous glands and dermal papilla, normally established only in embryogenesis. Thus GSK3 inhibition may offer treatment for baldness.

For those using minoxidil, it is even better to mix b12 with your minox, they have synergic additive effect:

Topical Administration of Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12) Showed Suppression of Potassium Channel Inhibitor (Tolbutamide) and Induction of Murine Hair Anagen Phase and Synergistic Effect with Minoxidil

http://www.ehrs.org/conferenceabstra...ts/14-park.htm

The grown hair weights of topical 1% minoxidil preparation (113.14 11.02 mg, p 0.001) and 0.03% cyanocobalamin (59.56
13.88 mg, p 0.05) increased significantly than that of vehicle (18.47 4.68 mg). When topically administered in mixed preparations (0.5% minoxidil and 0.03% cyanocobalamin), the more grown hair weight (87.00 8.39 mg, p 0.03 t-test with 0.05% minoxidil) by mixed preparation was observed compared to those of single 0.5% minoxidil preparation (44.33 14.96 mg) and of vehicle preparation

Also, adds castor oil as it has been shown to promote EP3 activation

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18005048

This data shed new light on an underestimated complex network involved in hair growth control. Indeed most of these receptors showed a wide spectrum of expression in cultured cells and the whole hair follicle. Using IHC, we observed that expression of prostaglandin E(2) receptors (EP(2), EP(3), EP(4))
The EP3 receptor is specifically activated by castor oil:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22615395

Here we show that the EP(3) prostanoid receptor is specifically activated by ricinoleic acid and that it mediates the pharmacological effects of castor oil.

RisingFist

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:54 am

I can feel my pulse in my scalp right now - good or bad?

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:13 pm

Id say good. 99% just means increased blood flow

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  Biffy Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:39 pm

Any new updates? Man I really wish this will work so I can finally ditch planted minoxidil poison, even 50% regrowth would be breakthrough. My hair feels stronger and grows faster atm.

Biffy

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:25 am

Can anyone think of a tool that could mimic this scalp pinching?

My finger tips really appear not to be able to handle it. They going numb unfortunately and its driving me nuts..

Any suggestions massively appreciated!

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:05 am

sizzlinghairs wrote:Can anyone think of a tool that could mimic this scalp pinching?

My finger tips really appear not to be able to handle it. They going numb unfortunately and its driving me nuts..

Use your knuckles?

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Post  Abyad Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:16 am

sizzlinghairs wrote:Can anyone think of a tool that could mimic this scalp pinching?

I've come across a device called 'Scalpee' that mimics this scalp pinching.

Link: http://www.amazon.com/SCALPEE-Strengthener-Exfoliator-handheld-Massager/dp/B005TLZLA4/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I bought mine from Fishpond.com. For Amazon you need a CC which I don't have and Fishpond has free shipping worldwide, which is always a plus.

I've only used this device twice so far, and only for a few minutes. What I can tell is that it's build quite sturdy and it hurts my scalp. My scalp is very very tight, so that it hurts is to be expected. When I started brushing for instance the pain on my temples was almost unbearable at first.

One small complaint I have, is that it already makes a peeping noise on one side, and I only used it twice! But I'm sure some silicon spray or something will fix this (hopefully).

Perhaps this device is a solution for you. I'm planning on combining this with regular hand massage, as like yourself, my fingers get tired easely.

Abyad

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:55 am

Abyad wrote:

I've come across a device called 'Scalpee' that mimics this scalp pinching.

Link: http://www.amazon.com/SCALPEE-Strengthener-Exfoliator-handheld-Massager/dp/B005TLZLA4/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I bought mine from Fishpond.com. For Amazon you need a CC which I don't have and Fishpond has free shipping worldwide, which is always a plus.

I've only used this device twice so far, and only for a few minutes. What I can tell is that it's build quite sturdy and it hurts my scalp. My scalp is very very tight, so that it hurts is to be expected. When I started brushing for instance the pain on my temples was almost unbearable at first.

One small complaint I have, is that it already makes a peeping noise on one side, and I only used it twice! But I'm sure some silicon spray or something will fix this (hopefully).

Perhaps this device is a solution for you. I'm planning on combining this with regular hand massage, as like yourself, my fingers get tired easely.

lol never imagined there could be such a tool. looks like this would rip out a lot of hair, seems too coarse compared to hands where you really can go into details. but if you have no other option, why not give it a try.

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:08 am

Thanks for the suggestion on the scalpee!

Question, can it replicate the small skin fold pinch that your hands can? I focus a lot on my temples and push together with both hands creating a small and specific skin fold.

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  Abyad Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:30 am

sizzlinghairs wrote:Thanks for the suggestion on the scalpee!

Question, can it replicate the small skin fold pinch that your hands can? I focus a lot on my temples and push together with both hands creating a small and specific skin fold.

I had to go grap it and test it in front of a mirror.  Smile 

The answer is: yes. It's actually amazing how much grip the rubber has on my skin. It really pinches the skin together, making your skin fold. Mind you, I do have a short buzz cut, so I'm not sure how it works with longer hair.

Abyad

Back to top Go down

Post  Thin in FL Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:53 am

That scalp scruncher does look like it would work, but I could see it pulling hair out too. I actually bought one of those big vice type clamps at home depot, but it didn't quite work like I was hoping. Yea my fingers and forearms burn after about a minute of vigorous massage, but I'm gonna stick with it.
Also it seems like ppl get caught up on where exactly to massage- i have just concluded that it is best to massage my entire head/scalp.

I am still doing glycolic acid peels, and if you really want to feel that squeezing burn, the day after the peel does that trick. Also, I feel if there is merit to the 'pushing the oil out' portion, then the glycolic is great to clear the scalp of oil beforehand.

My hairloss is pretty much just manifested in the portion of my scalp over the frontal lobe. There is a very distinct line of healthy versus sick hairs right where the parietal lobe would start... I guess I'd be closest to a NW 4A, which leads me to believe there is some sort of blockage in blood flow between the two, and oddly enough I do feel a ridge in my skull bone there.

Anyway, my current regimen centers around massage, violet ray, glycolic peels, nizoral and piroctone olamine shampoos....
Internals: green tea, vit c, vit d
Im too afraid to touch fin, dut or minox.
I have done a no gluten, no corn, no dairy, little sugar diet for the last year, but can't say that it had any effect on my hair loss situation... I even gave up beer because of the gluten, but that just led to more liquor consumption, lol. IMO diet is in the backseat when it comes to this fight. It is so depressing to see individuals who have given no thought to their health and/or diet, but have a full head of hair.

I am inclined to guess that my thyroid and estrogen levels my have somewhat of a hand in my hairloss at this point, but tackling those two outside of a clean diet is a daunting task. Compared to my early 20s I 'feel' that my testosterone levels are trending downward, and in correlation, my hairloss has gone with it. I have attempted natural methods at boosting T, but again keeping everything in balance is a daunting fragile task.

I still have a bit of optimism that I can turn the tides and get my going in the right direction. I can say that I feel that I have slowed my hairloss from doing several things on this forum, but I feel I am just delaying the inevitable.
Kudos again to this forum and these natural and sometimes free methods! I have been following this forum religiously for the last two years and I feel like every month we are inching closer to finding a knockout punch in this hairloss fight.

Thin in FL

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:01 am

Thin in FL wrote:That scalp scruncher does look like it would work, but I could see it pulling hair out too. I actually bought one of those big vice type clamps at home depot, but it didn't quite work like I was hoping. Yea my fingers and forearms burn after about a minute of vigorous massage, but I'm gonna stick with it.
Also it seems like ppl get caught up on where exactly to massage- i have just concluded that it is best to massage my entire head/scalp.

I am still doing glycolic acid peels, and if you really want to feel that squeezing burn, the day after the peel does that trick. Also, I feel if there is merit to the 'pushing the oil out' portion, then the glycolic is great to clear the scalp of oil beforehand.

My hairloss is pretty much just manifested in the portion of my scalp over the frontal lobe. There is a very distinct line of healthy versus sick hairs right where the parietal lobe would start... I guess I'd be closest to a NW 4A, which leads me to believe there is some sort of blockage in blood flow between the two, and oddly enough I do feel a ridge in my skull bone there.

Anyway, my current regimen centers around massage, violet ray, glycolic peels, nizoral and piroctone olamine shampoos....
Internals: green tea, vit c, vit d
Im too afraid to touch fin, dut or minox.
I have done a no gluten, no corn, no dairy, little sugar diet for the last year, but can't say that it had any effect on my hair loss situation... I even gave up beer because of the gluten, but that just led to more liquor consumption, lol.  IMO diet is in the backseat when it comes to this fight. It is so depressing to see individuals who have given no thought to their health and/or diet, but have a full head of hair.

I am inclined to guess that my thyroid and estrogen levels my have somewhat of a hand in my hairloss at this point, but tackling those two outside of a clean diet is a daunting task. Compared to my early 20s I 'feel' that my testosterone levels are trending downward, and in correlation, my hairloss has gone with it. I have attempted natural methods at boosting T, but again keeping everything in balance is a daunting fragile task.

I still have a bit of optimism that I can turn the tides and get my going in the right direction. I can say that I feel that I have slowed my hairloss from doing several things on this forum, but I feel I am just delaying the inevitable.
Kudos again to this forum and these natural and sometimes free methods! I have been following this forum religiously for the last two years and I feel like every month we are inching closer to finding a knockout punch in this hairloss fight.

for how long have you been doing detumescence therapy?

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:37 am

hello guys...this is important..a few days ago i discovered a new detumescence technique which is even more effective than the pinching, pushing kind.

it basically is pinching between the fingertips between both hand but at the same time you grind the skin between your fingertips while you move them sideways in opposite directions and then back again..you can also make circular motions, only make sure your GRIND (not only pinch or push) the skin between your fingertips while your move them past each other..be rough so that skinfolds get stretched out, should be a new feeling.

this gained me a new level of looseness in the last few days. i also notice dandruff again coming from the skin like i experienced in the first days of regular detumescence. also very effective at the top of the head where the skin is hard and almost unpinchable.

hope you get what i mean.

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  NYJets Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:17 am

Hey guys I'm getting dandruff and sebum plugs coming off my scalp. I've never had a problem with dandruff really. Also, my hair is at it's worst state ever. Not sure if the shed is being caused by the manuals but I sure do hope so.
NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:58 am

I realize this doesn't make any sense... but I think my hair line has pushed forward some in the 2-3 weeks I've been doing this.

Again, I've been doing a bunch of other things before I started doing this...but just noticed it when I started this.

Took a bunch of pictures, so maybe in a couple months I'll have some evidence.

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Post  drex1999 Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:57 pm

What I've learned is pictures are everything. Having baseline pics is the best but I'd say once you are 3 months in, even starting pics then will show what is happening. Put your head under your bathroom mirror light and take a few pics at different camera settings and you'll see what picks it up best. Seeing new hair breaking through is very exciting.

I continue to see new hair and this is pretty well a slam dunk in my opinion now. To me, all other threads going on this and every other hairloss site that are about experimentation are a waste of time at this point, imo. I am certain this will still work for those unable to pinch the skin on their head. Continually repositioning your fingers while pushing the skin in different directions should have the same effect as you can only push the skin so far before it encounters resistance against itself and creates the same effect.

This is from last night. This pic doesn't pick them up the best but if you look, you can probably find at least 10 new ones coming in on my temple

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 14 01910

drex1999

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:06 pm

drex1999 wrote:What I've learned is pictures are everything. Having baseline pics is the best but I'd say once you are 3 months in, even starting pics then will show what is happening. Put your head under your bathroom mirror light and take a few pics at different camera settings and you'll see what picks it up best. Seeing new hair breaking through is very exciting.

I continue to see new hair and this is pretty well a slam dunk in my opinion now. To me, all other threads going on this and every other hairloss site that are about experimentation are a waste of time at this point, imo. I am certain this will still work for those unable to pinch the skin on their head. Continually repositioning your fingers while pushing the skin in different directions should have the same effect as you can only push the skin so far before it encounters resistance against itself and creates the same effect.

This is from last night. This pic doesn't pick them up the best but if you look, you can probably find at least 10 new ones coming in on my temple

Started with a 1.5mm dermaroller last night too. About 10 mins in I was sweating all over :-)

Drex, great that you're seeing progress man! How about taking a pic zoomed out and circling the area in the pic that you're showing in the close-up? It's kinda hard to see what's going on there, although I can see the new hairs you're talking about.

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  drex1999 Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:32 pm

This is what I'm going to do and why. Even though I am 3 1/2 months in, hair has only started to come in the past month as it takes time to get the hair growth up and running as most of you know. So, in effect, I only have 1 month of growth in various stages. I have before pictures but I don't want to put them up yet and have people arguing about the amount of difference they see on something that has only begun. In 2 weeks I am off on vacation and when I return we'll be close to the 5 month mark as mentioned in the study and I will have doubled hopefully and I will pan back out and take pics. What I will tell you is I am now encountering a weird sort of thing that when I brush my longer hair away from my temple to take these pics, the shorter 1/2" new growth hair that has begun filling in at the fringes of old growth springs back and gets in the way so I have to wet it down with my finger to keep it out of the way. A problem I am more than happy to have to deal with. Have a good week Smile

drex1999

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:42 pm

drex1999 wrote:This is what I'm going to do and why. Even though I am 3 1/2 months in, hair has only started to come in the past month as it takes time to get the hair growth up and running as most of you know. So, in effect, I only have 1 month of growth in various stages. I have before pictures but I don't want to put them up yet and have people arguing about the amount of difference they see on something that has only begun. In 2 weeks I am off on vacation and when I return we'll be close to the 5 month mark as mentioned in the study and I will have doubled hopefully and I will pan back out and take pics. What I will tell you is I am now encountering a weird sort of thing that when I brush my longer hair away from my temple to take these pics, the shorter 1/2" new growth hair that has begun filling in at the fringes of old growth springs back and gets in the way so I have to wet it down with my finger to keep it out of the way. A problem I am more than happy to have to deal with. Have a good week Smile

Nice! Once again, stoked for your progress :-)

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dannyboy Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:53 pm

Hairy Potter wrote:
drex1999 wrote:What I've learned is pictures are everything. Having baseline pics is the best but I'd say once you are 3 months in, even starting pics then will show what is happening. Put your head under your bathroom mirror light and take a few pics at different camera settings and you'll see what picks it up best. Seeing new hair breaking through is very exciting.

Started with a 1.5mm dermaroller last night too. About 10 mins in I was sweating all over :-)

Drex, great that you're seeing progress man! How about taking a pic zoomed out and circling the area in the pic that you're showing in the close-up? It's kinda hard to see what's going on there, although I can see the new hairs you're talking about.

Hi, do you use any topical after using the dremaroller? Will it be safe to use LLLT or VR 24 hours the roller needling?
Most of you use it once a week?

Dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:16 pm

^^^ Hi Dannyboy - Yes, I use a topical of high concentrate MSM and iodine in distilled water.

I'm no expert on VR or LLLT but my assumption would be that it couldn't hurt 24hrs after micro needling - maybe check with someone who knows more about those things though.

Some people do dermarolling once every two weeks, but I'd guess that most are doing it 1 x per week. More frequently than that may be counter-productive.

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:07 am

Hairy Potter wrote:^^^ Hi Dannyboy - Yes, I use a topical of high concentrate MSM and iodine in distilled water.

I'm no expert on VR or LLLT but my assumption would be that it couldn't hurt 24hrs after micro needling - maybe check with someone who knows more about those things though.

Some people do dermarolling once every two weeks, but I'd guess that most are doing it 1 x per week. More frequently than that may be counter-productive.

How do you apply the topical? Immediately after? In the morning? at night? How long do you leave it in?

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 41 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 41  Next