Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Qwackcine horror show
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2024 4:11 am by TheOne

» AutoInjectors/PenInjectors for Peptides
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 8 EmptySun Jun 30, 2024 9:28 am by CausticSymmetry

» Phloroglucinol Enhances Anagen Signaling and Alleviates H2O2-Induced Oxidative Stress in Human Dermal Papilla Cells
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 3:49 pm by shaftless

» Cell Therapy for Androgenetic Alopecia: Elixir or Trick?
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 2:03 pm by MikeGore

» Curcumin-zinc framework encapsulated microneedle patch for promoting hair growth
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 1:03 pm by Dudard

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 10:31 am by CausticSymmetry

» Pfizer being sued
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2024 4:32 am by CausticSymmetry

» Probiotics
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 8 EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 7:51 am by CF

» Good deal on krill oil
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 8 EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 6:33 am by CF

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

+109
CausticSymmetry
playmaker
helpmyhair1
Keanoseg
Jonoh
demgains77
element46
nicks
whodathunkit
deleteme
nvmmm
iuyyighghghgkh
goten574
jlj
nidhogge
RAptor
ANewHope
DeadlyDevice
Odysseus
nobodyknowsthetruth
darkknight
egodust
MrGalea
xyro
gbp2000
rob PHH
hairhat
Rob39
ngb
yup
TM1026
Younganddetermined
Slimnuts
dickadlop
CaptainGiggles
miki9
abetz85
bananasinpajamas
Colum
unfortunate
Growdamnit
Wlac89
hairyshowers
JamesDean
angstman
Xenon
lamka
lookalike
Hali-L
john walters
Shinobi
Jay07
chubbfrank
Misirlou
lutz
rogerd
turbojet
arnie
alphadelta
Thin in FL
Abyad
Biffy
Dannyboy
NYJets
pomme
CF
hiilikeyourbeard
NDW
stresssucks
Elephantor
vg
mistermr
bov51
JDawg
researchingeverything
rayl
hairisthickening
Joey Ramone
The Liberator
Manoko
gg4545
crysanthium
sanderson
BelieveInIt
Duketronix
Pumbaa
theseeker86
YAER
Grub
gingerbread
Live forever
jkj86
Complexx
invinoveritas
Hoppipolla
retrohair
tcpratt
sizzlinghairs
dudebro
bocor
mp
RisingFist
Hairy Potter
rofl
nzbalda
TNT
i_love_you
drex1999
113 posters

Page 8 of 41 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 41  Next

Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 8 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  Guest Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:14 pm

I have managed to really loosen up the scalp and to a lesser extent the sides of my head however what I have noticed is that the forehead itself is swollen leading up to the windows peak and is proportional to the mpb in the area so I have started massaging the forehead today as well. Feels good that's for sure!
Does anyone else have tension on the forehead around the temples/windows peak? This  area doesn't seem to be affected by loosening the scalp for me.

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 8 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  sizzlinghairs Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:23 pm

So Ive been doing this about 1 1/2 weeks now. On average 20 mins/day, 20 x 2 if I can fit it in. Obviously to early to tell. But hell yeah, your hands, forearms, fingers, all feel sore afterward and scalp does feel sunburnt.

One question I had: I am also doing boar brushing with this. After I detumesc at night I put some olive oil on my head and do 150 strokes on each temple per ferox (and this other guy Mukunda Ms) advice. Do you guys think this is excessive, counterproductive, or damaging in any way? I just see it as the more blood flow the better right?

Thoughts?

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  JDawg Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:48 pm

sizzlinghairs wrote:So Ive been doing this about 1 1/2 weeks now. On average 20 mins/day, 20 x 2 if I can fit it in. Obviously to early to tell. But hell yeah, your hands, forearms, fingers, all feel sore afterward and scalp does feel sunburnt.

One question I had: I am also doing boar brushing with this. After I detumesc at night I put some olive oil on my head and do 150 strokes on each temple per ferox (and this other guy Mukunda Ms) advice.  Do you guys think this is excessive, counterproductive, or damaging in any way? I just see it as the more blood flow the better right?

Thoughts?

only way to tell is through your experience. IMO it does seem like a lot to do to your scalp every night, but I suppose it's about how much you can tolerate.

My only thought is that you want to give your scalp some time to recover. The body has three stages of healing:
inflamation/damage
repair
reformation

if you are always inflicting damage or inflammation then there is no room for the repair/regeneration to occur.

JDawg

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:54 pm

well its kinda of like a 2 step process of providing blood flow, and then a full day to let it recover. Detumescence is supposed to be done everyday, so its the same amount of healing. Im just adding the brushing in there for additional blood flow. And with these therapies, it's not actually like we are creating wounds in the scalp so the full spectrum inflammation--->healing process isn't really taking place. Its more just irritation, but no wound is formed therefore it is less intense and less time to recover.

In terms of how my scalp feels, well it is just a tad sore during the first couple strokes, but then it seems to adjust and just feel like the normal irritation it felt before detumescence. But who knows, maybe physical sensation isnt the whole picture of how the scalp is reacting..

That being said, I tend to obsess over these kind of things possibly doing more harm than good sometimes so Im still very interested in what everyone else thinks!

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  drex1999 Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:00 pm

I brush my hair out before bedtime. I don't go nuts but maybe a minute to exfoliate it and light it up a bit. I am still of the opinion that the more often blood is drawn to the scalp by various means, the more nourishment the hair gets but wtf do I know, I'm an amateur explorer just like the rest of us.

drex1999

Back to top Go down

Post  bov51 Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:04 pm

Palcom wrote:I have managed to really loosen up the scalp and to a lesser extent the sides of my head however what I have noticed is that the forehead itself is swollen leading up to the windows peak and is proportional to the mpb in the area so I have started massaging the forehead today as well. Feels good that's for sure!
Does anyone else have tension on the forehead around the temples/windows peak? This  area doesn't seem to be affected by loosening the scalp for me.

I do, all the time! do you have a receding hairline too?

bov51

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Ramone Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:06 pm

sizzlinghairs wrote:well its kinda of like a 2 step process of providing blood flow, and then a full day to let it recover. Detumescence is supposed to be done everyday, so its the same amount of healing. Im just adding the brushing in there for additional blood flow. And with these therapies, it's not actually like we are creating wounds in the scalp so the full spectrum inflammation--->healing process isn't really taking place. Its more just irritation, but no wound is formed therefore it is less intense and less time to recover.

In terms of how my scalp feels, well it is just a tad sore during the first couple strokes, but then it seems to adjust and just feel like the normal irritation it felt before detumescence. But who knows, maybe physical sensation isnt the whole picture of how the scalp is reacting..

That being said, I tend to obsess over these kind of things possibly doing more harm than good sometimes so Im still very interested in what everyone else thinks!

As drex says, we're just amateurs experimenting with this thing.  I'm doing the massage morning and night and find I come out ok if I brush straight after in the evening.  I'm pretty gentle though and only brush with the grain.  I tried doing the Margo thing straight after instead of brushing last night and it felt heaps better so I might stick with that for a bit now.

Counts for dick all if it doesn't grow hair though hey.

Joey Ramone

Back to top Go down

Post  mistermr Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:49 pm

Guys,
I'm four days into this and my scalp has never been smoother. It really it a great detox for the scalp removing all the hardened sebum. This really needs to work as it is probably my final shot at beating mpb before all my fucking hair falls out.

mistermr

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:18 am

Do you guys think it matters what time therapy is done each day, just as long as we get in the 40 minutes? Sometimes its more practical for me to do morning and afternoon versus morning and evening..

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Ramone Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:47 am

Can't see afternoon vs evening being a huge issue.

Has been a week for me now. It's weird but my head seems less 'lumpy'. It didn't seem that bad before but I knew where the bumps were. Now they all seem much flatter. Pretty crazy.

Joey Ramone

Back to top Go down

Post  vg Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:59 am

Is it better with the help of a small towel?

vg

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Ramone Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:20 pm

I haven't found so. Might be better for the guys with a shaved head but I found there was too much gap between head and hair with the towel and hair in the way.

Just finished up then and must've shed about a hundred hairs along with bucketloads of skin flakes. Madness

Joey Ramone

Back to top Go down

Post  YAER Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:45 pm

drex1999 wrote:I brush my hair out before bedtime. I don't go nuts but maybe a minute to exfoliate it and light it up a bit. I am still of the opinion that the more often blood is drawn to the scalp by various means, the more nourishment the hair gets but wtf do I know, I'm an amateur explorer just like the rest of us.

do u press on the bumps on ur head to flatten them or only knead them? thanks

YAER

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:02 pm

YAER wrote:
drex1999 wrote:I brush my hair out before bedtime. I don't go nuts but maybe a minute to exfoliate it and light it up a bit. I am still of the opinion that the more often blood is drawn to the scalp by various means, the more nourishment the hair gets but wtf do I know, I'm an amateur explorer just like the rest of us.

What bumps do you have YAER?
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  YAER Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:10 pm

Complexx wrote:
YAER wrote:

What bumps do you have YAER?

im not sure, but it feels like my bones are pointy at certain parts of my head. Whats strange about it is if i attempt to actually press down on it, it sort of goes down and then rebounds as i let go, not a characteristic of a bone.

YAER

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Ramone Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:52 pm

Press, squish, prod, whatever I can think of. Not sure what one thing would have the best effect. Definitely requires more experimentation.

Joey Ramone

Back to top Go down

Post  drex1999 Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:22 pm

I posted a pic a month ago of new hairs that were coming in. Those are now completely visible in the mirror, not just when the light catches them right. I continued to feel things were looking better so I took the camera out again as it has better eyesight than I do when the pictures are zoomed in. I have a new crop that has just broke the surface. This pic below is incredibly zoomed in as evidenced by how big the single strands of hair are. It is completely evident what is happening. I always thought if this was to work, between months 3-4 would be show time. We are coming up on the end of month 3 now. Do you believe?

I also continue to see people ask how to do this. On your balding area, plant your fingers with firm pressure. Move the skin, side to side, up and down. In circles if you like. Reposition your fingers and do it again, and again and again, covering your whole balding area. Push the skin together, fold it up. Move it, stretch it. Make it feel used. Make it feel alive!

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 8 03910

drex1999

Back to top Go down

Post  dudebro Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:50 pm

drex, congrats! i am having similar thoughts, but holding judgement as I'm only coming up on 3 months now... now heres a skeptical question, are you certain you were totally miniaturized/bald in that area you see thin strands popping out?

dudebro

Back to top Go down

Post  drex1999 Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:06 pm

These pics are all from my biggest problem temple area which has been my battlefield for many years. The best I could make the pic for you to see clear that you can see some new hairs that have come through but on my computer, it shows all the black dots you see are also hair. I think we can all agree that if this was hair coming back while in the miniaturization phase, it would not be a crop of 50 or more in one small area. This is happening outside of the area that the light picked up as well. Just look down to the bottom of the pic. It's not lit up but happening there also.

Last edited by drex1999 on Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:08 pm; edited 2 times in total

drex1999

Back to top Go down

Post  Elephantor Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:07 pm

A new year is coming... I might try this for the whole 2014 and see what's up...

By the way drex1999... are you just doing the 20 minutes at morning and night...?

Elephantor

Back to top Go down

Post  drex1999 Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:10 pm

Elephantor, not quite but to the best of my ability to fit it into daily life with disrupting it. This won't make the problem just go away forever if it does what we hope. This is something that will have to be kept up for life or until a permanent cure is found. Best to make it work for you in a way you can deal with.

drex1999

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:44 pm

Thanks for posting the pic and congrats drex.

What Im basically doing is pinching my entire scalp, holding the pinch for about 1-3 seconds at each spot (using both hands pushing against eachother). I do my temples twice over and the rest of my scalp once. I have been getting in 20min x 2/ day pretty much per how the study says.

To my knowledge, that pinching motion is the core of the massage that the study describes, correct? (per that picture in there)

I really want to get super clear on how the study itself describes it.. (sorry if im being redundant, but I really want to get pinpoint clarity here).

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Ramone Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:21 pm

Congrats man, stoked for you.

Joey Ramone

Back to top Go down

Post  YAER Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:17 pm

hey guys, iv been doing manuals for a while now and every time i do it my hair gets a hit for a few days and returns back to original density when i stop doing them. I do scalp scrunches and have loosened my scalp by 500% maybe. The thinning of hair is also accompanied by tingles and itching, which are all signs of miniaturization.

YAER

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:55 pm

YAER wrote:hey guys, iv been doing manuals for a while now and every time i do it my hair gets a hit for a few days and returns back to original density when i stop doing them. I do scalp scrunches and have loosened my scalp by 500% maybe. The thinning of hair is also accompanied by tingles and itching, which are all signs of miniaturization.

Also signs of blood flow being restored. Relax and ride it out man. Try to be patient.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 41 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 41  Next